Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Grits
Congratulations to mirocu and Lothran! How lovely that you reached your milestone in the company of friends. smile.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 2 2013, 11:46 AM) *

Congratulations to mirocu and Lothran! How lovely that you reached your milestone in the company of friends. smile.gif

Yes indeed, and thanks smile.gif

I think we´ll take it rather slow today, with just a trip to Plundered Mine again so we don´t get too rusty wink.gif
Lady Saga
57 HOURS

biggrin.gif

That's the Kahreem of Weet

130 HOURS

for Lady Saga
tongue.gif
mirocu
Your characters are just babies, Renee. Better step it up happy.gif
------------------

Lothran cleared Plundered Mine tonight, but he did it in an unusual way. He went in with Volendrung of all weapons and while armed with that, he couldn´t run or jump which proved to be quite a challenge! For me that is, not him wink.gif
Diamandis
Back at the beginning of Breeva's journey. Had to restart as I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a PC copy of Oblivion! WOO! Now I can take decent screenies... once I manage to get the WiFi working in my house again! Haha.
mirocu
QUOTE(Eva @ Mar 6 2013, 10:21 AM) *

Back at the beginning of Breeva's journey. Had to restart as I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a PC copy of Oblivion!

Yay! biggrin.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Eva @ Mar 6 2013, 04:21 AM) *

Back at the beginning of Breeva's journey. Had to restart as I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a PC copy of Oblivion! WOO! Now I can take decent screenies... once I manage to get the WiFi working in my house again! Haha.

Congrats! Just find someone else with an unsecured wi-fi network near your house, and use theirs! biggrin.gif

Astarte spent yesterday exploring the river Ethe (from Unique Landscapes), stopping along the way to explore her people's ancient cities of Elenglynn and Wendir along the way. The river took her all the way to the round-ear city of Chorrol.
mirocu
Today Lothran felt like enhancing the contents of his coin purse, so off he went to collect weapons and armor from fallen and soon-to-be-fallen bandits at Capstone Cave. Unfortunately, most of his profit went straight down Volanaro´s pocket as Goldbrand was in need of rechargement.
Luckily Lothran is a skilled alchemist so he went straight home and made some powerful potions to sell to Selena. He also sold her quite a few ogre´s teeth, and only those were worth a small fortune!

He also went and got the two beggars in town, Fetid and Jorck, one book each to read.
Lady Saga
Excellent; Lothran back in action. I can't wait for Saga to make it up to Bruma again.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 8 2013, 11:21 AM) *

Congrats! Just find someone else with an unsecured wi-fi network near your house, and use theirs! biggrin.gif

A guy I used to work with does this! He plays Call of Duty Black Ops and other games online, problem is he uses somebody else's WiFi to do so, so if he's in a 'death match' (or whatever) with other gamers online, there's always the possibility he'll lose his connection.

He told me that he also has Satellite TV (I think) but the Internet connection is not strong enough for gaming. So he usually winds up using this mysterious person's WiFi. I used to joke that he should go a door-to-door of his neighborhood. When he finally meets the person who has the good connection, he can then offer to pay some money; help out with the bill. This way, the connection will be 24/7!

laugh.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 10 2013, 12:24 PM) *

Excellent; Lothran back in action. I can't wait for Saga to make it up to Bruma again.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 8 2013, 11:21 AM) *

A guy I used to work with does this! He plays Call of Duty Black Ops and other games online, problem is he uses somebody else's WiFi to do so, so if he's in a 'death match' (or whatever) with other gamers online, there's always the possibility he'll lose his connection.

He told me that he also has Satellite TV (I think) but the Internet connection is not strong enough for gaming. So he usually winds up using this mysterious person's WiFi. I used to joke that he should go a door-to-door of his neighborhood. When he finally meets the person who has the good connection, he can then offer to pay some money; help out with the bill. This way, the connection will be 24/7!

laugh.gif

There is a character in The Guild who does this. That is what gave me the idea. He went on a road trip once to "find himself", and was parking his van in people's yards to get the best connections to other people's wi-fi networks!
PhonAntiPhon
Niamh is in the depths of Hackdirt at the moment...
Lady Saga
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Mar 10 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Niamh is in the depths of Hackdirt at the moment...

I love Hackdirt. That little village (and the quests that go along with it) freaked me out royally back in the day.

mirocu
Lothran spent all day inside the Bruma walls. Visiting shops and talking to people was his quest for the day. A couple of tavern trips wasn´t impossible to fit into his agenda either smile.gif
Renee
Kahreem of Weet is in Bravil's jail. He somehow got a 500 gold bounty (I think somebody saw him mount his stolen bay horse) and now he's in jail. He is in the Thieves Guild and is supposed to speak to his Khajiit contact in Bravil (another TG member) but now he's in jail.

It's okay. He actually likes going to jail.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 24 2013, 01:34 PM) *

Kahreem of Weet is in Bravil's jail... It's okay. He actually likes going to jail.

Free food and housing, what´s not to like? biggrin.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 24 2013, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 24 2013, 01:34 PM) *

Kahreem of Weet is in Bravil's jail... It's okay. He actually likes going to jail.

Free food and housing, what´s not to like? biggrin.gif

EXACTLY! OMG you just got into his head!

Grits
Today’s adventure produced two firsts for Jerric.

Thing one, first prison stay on the Xbox (for assault). Thanks a lot Erthor. After Jerric got out (surprisingly in Cheydinhal, the scuffle occurred not far outside the IC) Erthor seemed that he was prepared to hold a grudge. After clearing a fort and another Ayleid ruin he still has his warhammer constantly equipped. It may be time to take him back home.

The other thing was Jerric’s first homemade spell thanks to the wonder of mage tallow candles. Snow Flurry: 5 frost damage, 10 feet, 3 seconds. Yay!

mirocu
Frost spells are always nice even if they´re not the most effective elemental. They produce a pretty mist at least happy.gif
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 27 2013, 11:58 AM) *

Frost spells are always nice even if they´re not the most effective elemental. They produce a pretty mist at least happy.gif

I think you posted in the wrong thread dude, rollinglaugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Mar 27 2013, 09:00 PM) *

No, I commented Grits´post tongue.gif
Acadian
Poor Jerric's got a prison record now. kvright.gif That's okay, we still love him. Darn that little mage. . . having an Erthor moment, eh? Woot! Sounds like someone's got Frostcrag up and running! And of course Jerric's first spell would reflect the Snowman's Nordic heritage. *shivers*
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 27 2013, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Mar 27 2013, 09:00 PM) *

No, I commented Grits´post tongue.gif

And this is why I should stay out of threads I don't usually hang around rollinglaugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 27 2013, 04:04 PM) *

Poor Jerric's got a prison record now. kvright.gif That's okay, we still love him. Darn that little mage. . . having an Erthor moment, eh? Woot! Sounds like someone's got Frostcrag up and running! And of course Jerric's first spell would reflect the Snowman's Nordic heritage. *shivers*

Now? He has almost spent more time in prison than out, lol.

@ Grits - Awesome shots! You should have posted that Jerric in prison one on KC's thread, lol.

mirocu
As Lothran is about to leave Bruma, he´s wandering around town visiting shops to make his final purchases. He found a sword at Fjotreid´s to add to his general collection but little else at the other shops.

He also took Aetherius out for a good afternoon run smile.gif
Lopov
Sooo... where will Lothran head to? Or he doesn't know yet?
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 29 2013, 10:06 AM) *

Sooo... where will Lothran head to? Or he doesn't know yet?

Oh, he knows smile.gif First off is Chorrol but he will take another route this time, doing things a bit differently. I think he´s been bitten by the Adventure bug biggrin.gif
Grits
Frostcrag is so neat! Jerric loves visiting there. It’s quite a hike, but worth it for the magical services. wink.gif Plus he can see Skyrim from there!

mALX, Jerric was pretty annoyed about this arrest! Erthor usually doesn’t hold a grudge when Jerric has to occasionally knock him out in a dungeon (when he goes nuts from charging into Jerric’s spell or swing like some kind of… Nord battlemage) but this time the little weenie ran straight to a Legion rider! When Jerric took Erthor home it was funny to see him talking to Adrienne with that iron warhammer still in his hands.

You’re right, mirocu. Snow Flurry even has little snowflakes in the pretty mist. happy.gif

Xbox Jerric had to fall back on some fire spells yesterday, though. He just hit level 5, and all of a sudden the Skeleton Guardians in the ruin he found (after he took Erthor home) were kicking his butt! I was quite alarmed thinking I had done a poor job in character creation again. I wanted him to bail but he just kept going, using up his detect life potions to avoid accidentally taking on too many at one time. His new scamp does not last long enough to put much of a dent in them. Luckily there were a lot of ghosts in there too. They are nice magicka rechargers for a Nord Atronach. Later I peeked at the uesp and discovered that those higher level guardians are a mistake in the vanilla game. What a relief! I thought he was going to start having big problems.

Jerric has surprised me by selling or leaving most of the unique items that he earns or finds. He doesn’t need them and just isn’t any kind of collector. If he ever decides on a place to live he might want to spruce it up a little, but for now he just takes what he needs plus a little for the spell fund.

Oh, he wants Buffy to know he’s learned how to open things with a spell. Now he doesn’t need to carry his Nord Skeleton Key any more (steel war axe). tongue.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 29 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Jerric has surprised me by selling or leaving most of the unique items that he earns or finds. He doesn’t need them and just isn’t any kind of collector.

More for me then! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 29 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Now he doesn’t need to carry his Nord Skeleton Key any more (steel war axe). tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Acadian
mirocu - Wonderful to realize that, with spring soon in the air, Lothran is preparing to venture from his Nordic-elven city of Bruma!

Grits - What a fun update on Jailbird Jerric! I'm sure he'll find that using spells to open things will be much gentler on his manicure than his axe or those troublesome lockpiks. . . . Oh. . . wait, I forgot he uses his teeth as manicure instruments. Oh well, Lildereth would understand. wink.gif
Lopov
Nice update on Jerric, this line

'Erthor usually doesn’t hold a grudge when Jerric has to occasionally knock him out in a dungeon'

made me laugh! laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Ai hav too rite thisse.
Thisse isse wot ai dydde too here atte thisse pointe...
...Ai caym fromme Chorrol downe too the South throo the HartLandes. There aar menee cayvs there wythe Gobz and Spooks in the ruwynz ai visite wythe them fore the Golde..
....Ai cutte SouthEest downe too mai home ov Bravil..
..Ai hav too paye taxxe too the Gardes fore Mai hows, agayne, maibe ai shood visite moore, itte wood coste less!!....
...Fromme there ai wente too Leyaw. Too the Kats Ai lykke Kats and the gylde ov Mayjes had som werk fore mai lessens, ai dunno they aar lykke Kynders butte Ai hav anne erj too see the insyde ov The Big Towre - the Other Wun - at IC, there maibe stuffe fore pilf pylph steelinge...
....Ai wente downe Southe too the Watre Ai lykke the See, ai wyshe itte wood swolloe mee, suntymes then Ai wood be happee...

.....V torte mee the lettres butte she isse dedde nowe and mai werdes thaiy stykke lykke treekul onne the payje Ai hayte rytinge...
..Jo she helpes Mee wythe itte butte She sez Ai seeme stewpyd wenne ai rite wyche isse rongge as Ai am KNOT stewpyd...
....Ai doo knot luv her butte she isse gud too mai and Gyves mai sum breef peesse...
.V She isse dedde and wyl KNOT cym bakke too mai nowe. Ai mysse her ai hayte rytingge...
...Ai wyshe the See wood swolloe mai.

N.
Grits
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Mar 29 2013, 04:25 PM) *

...Ai wyshe the See wood swolloe mai.

N.

sad.gif
Renee
Awesome, Phon! biggrin.gif See I'm not the only one around here who isn't afraid to write a tale full of mis-spelt wrds. Who is voicing that, though? Can't be Niahm...

Grits
Jerric is in a castle, but this time he is not in the dungeon! A chance meeting on the road led to a quick job for the Legion (during which he picked up a silver longsword, yay!!!), and the follow-up brought him before the count. Now he has another job to do: go talk to that orc. This could be interesting.

Also I checked to see where he might want to drop off a few things, since he’s now carrying two swords, a mace, and a fair amount of alchemy stuff.

At the Anvil Mages Guild, of course.
mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 30 2013, 02:04 PM) *

Jerric is in a castle, but this time he is not in the dungeon!

It´s a miracle! biggrin.gif
McBadgere
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 30 2013, 12:47 PM) *

Awesome, Phon! biggrin.gif See I'm not the only one around here who isn't afraid to write a tale full of mis-spelt wrds. Who is voicing that, though? Can't be Niahm...

I agree that The Phons' tale is excellent...Sad also, but definately excellent...*Applauds*...

And I believe it is Niamh, with the N at the bottom of it...

Oh...Me?...I have nothing to report...Sorry... sad.gif ...
Renee
Ah dangit... Niamh, not Niahm. That's a minor fear of mine; mis-spelling character's names. *facepalms*
PhonAntiPhon
Hey Renee, um actually it's Niamh's writing; which is terrible, frankly, and her raw spelling is cumbersome.
Books are very much a foreign country to Niamh and writing and indeed reading are rarely things she does by choice or very often. She finds them difficult and frustrating and her spelling reflects the rather obtuse way she views words.

Yes, she does have an irish sounding speaking voice, but her writing does not "sound" like her speaking; indeed as she points out, although she is taciturn generally, in speech she comes across much better than she does when she writes.
It is a source of irritation and annoyance to her that she has no aptitude for letters...

PS, Don't fret on the misspelling, it's easily done.
Renee
That's awesome, Phon. biggrin.gif I have a vampiress in Skryim who (when she was still a mortal) had been keeping a journal of sorts. Her hand-writing (spelling, grammar) was also awful; me attempting to recreate the writings of somebody who is schizophrenic, and needs to dip her quill pen into ink every so often.

Anyways, I am going to share a tale now of one of my Cyrodiilic characters. I've been writing her stories up over at Beth's forums for probably over a year now, so I thought I'd cut & paste one of these here.

Loredas, 3:48 pm
First Seed 2, 3rd Era Year 434

Aerin, a.k.a. Lady Saga

Level: 8
Race: Bosmer
Class: Ranger
Birthsign: The Lord

Playtime:

Days Passed: 188

Present Location: Crumbling Mine

IPB Image -

The sky is a blaze of blues and pinks, the sun sets to the west. Lady Saga dismounts her still-unnamed bay, and regards Chorrol with her solemn face. She is tired. She's just cleared a place known to the locals as "Crumbling Mine" of its inhabitants: a series of bandits who are bold enough to make their camp right beneath the town itself. Had Crumbling Mine been a source of materials and income for Chorrol in the past? Had the place dried up of all its mining ores? ... Aerin the wood elf Ranger from Valenwood is not sure. All she knows: It does seem odd that an outsider like her has chosen to rid Chorrol of a menacing presence literally under their feet. The guards do nothing. The Mage's Guild? Nothing. Fighter's Guild? Too busy sparring within town walls to actually do something in the real world.

"And will my efforts make any such rewarding? ... Shall the villagers of Chorrol even make subtle acknowledgment of the absence of their former uninvited roustabouts? ... I am guessing not."

She stands outside of Chorrol, watching the skies. Wispy-thin clouds high above, with puffier-looking (but also thin) clouds nearer to Nirn. Lady Saga never gets tired of looking at clouds. She does so until the sun is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8:53 pm

"Greetings!" says a Breton brightly, as Saga walks through Chorrol's gate. He does not speak to her though, he is talking to an Imperial.

"I heard there's a new shipment of weapons at Fire and Steel, have you been recently?" asks the Imperial.

"I was in there just a few days ago, Rasheda's prices are very reasonable".

The Imperial (a guard) sniffs at this, not interested in returning his own opinion.

"Have you heard any word about the other provinces?" the Breton pesters further, desperate for knowledge.

"Nothing I'd like to talk about".

Lady Saga walks past these two, and towards a lady dark elf. Saga feels brazened by her activities over the past few hours, ridding Crumbling Mine of bandit after bandit, yet Saga also feels sad. She's an outsider who passes through, does so much, yet is regarded so little.

"How are youuu?!" the dark elf lady now greets the guard as Saga walks past.

"Okay. You?"

"I have heard the ghost of Lord Vindrel has been spotted again, along the road to Bruma! ...I think I'll avoid that road for awhile*."

"Nooooo!" the guard responds in amazement. "Have you heard any word about the other provinces?" he asks the dark elf lady.

...now it's the guard who is desperate for news about the "other provinces", Saga notices. A moment ago while speaking to the Breton man, this very same guard seemed nonplussed about any such news. Such flippancy!

"The news has not been good", informs the dark elf lady, happy to suddenly be the center of attention. "I've heard it said that the dee-dra have overrun the town of Ald'ruhn. The entire town has been destroyed!"

"This is unbelievable!" the guard is flabbergasted. "How can the Gods let this happen!?"

"How can the Gods let this happen?" Lady Saga mocks the guard in a childish voice. She rolls her eyes with disdain, and continues into the town's inn.

*I have heard about this ghost probably ever since my very first playthough back on October 24, 2008. Never seen him on the roads, though! laugh.gif

10:10 pm

"How can I help?"

Lady Saga rents a room for the night from a Khajiit wearing an Imperial's style of dress. A hole has been cut into this dress so that the cat-lady's tail can poke through. Not that Saga is a member of Palonira's fashion squad, but she can't help but think that the cat-lady simply looks ridiculous in such a dress. At this moment, Saga remembers the hidden hamlet of Borderwatch, a place filled with real Khajiiti, who lived directly upon the land of Black Marsh.

"May you walk on warm sands," the cat lady with the hideous blue Imperial's dress says to Saga, after showing her the room she'll be sleeping in.

"May you walk on warm sands," Saga repeats to herself, once the door is closed. "Warm sands....walking upon. How nice of a thought is such."

You can take the Khajiit out of Elsweyr, but you cannot take Elsweyr out of the Khajiit, she thinks.

Sundas, 10:17 am

"Sugar and sannnds, friend," Talasma (the Khajiit woman) greets the next morning.

"Might I make purchase of whatever edible goods you have in stock," Aerin starts, eager to be on her way. She's got a busy day ahead of her.

"Welcome to the Oak and Crossier. This one is Talasma, your hostess. Our rooms and food are at your disposal."

Lady Saga stocks up now, buying two loaves of bread, five apples, six carrots, an ear of corn, two bunches of grapes, one sweetroll, and three bottles of mead.

"I let that go too cheaply".

"If you say so."

The Ranger from Valenwood then makes her way to Fire and Steel. It is pleasant outside, Saga notices. Good.

"I'm pretty handy, what needs to be fixed?" asks Rasheda the Redguard as Lady Saga walks in her shop, and eventually hands over her bashed-upon weapons and armor.

As Rasheda spends several hours repairing this gear, tink! tink! tink! tink! tink!... Lady Saga suddenly remembers Erthor. Erthor the wood elf renegade from Skingrad's Mage's Guild chapter.

She had helped him escape Bleak Flats Cave months ago, but eventually left him behind at a farm. Shetcombe Farm? She thinks that's the name of the place. ....It's located just beyond the remains of Kvatch, she remembers. Erthor will need to be addressed, before she makes her journey, and Saga needs to plan for this. Would he even still be living at Shetcombe, though?.... After all these weeks and months?

"Good day!" Rasheda says brightly several hours later. She only asks 21 gold for three hours of work, leaving Lady Saga with close to two thousand.

1:53 pm
"Only the finest wares to buy and barter at Northern Goods and Trades. I'm Seed-Neeus, the proprietor. How can I help you?"

At Northern Goods and Trades, Saga sells three Varla stones, a magical dress, and an assortment of soul gems, leaving Chorrol behind with close to 3,700 gold. Gold will be important. For all her efforts here in Cyrodiil, Lady Saga makes sure she's going to have something to show for it. She will make her return a rich woman, indeed.

"Take care," says Seed-Neeus, happy to have some items she'll really be able to make some money from.

"You do the same".

4:37 pm
It is late in the day when she finally leaves the town. Soon it will be dark, but she does not care. At least it's not raining.

Lady Saga heads slowly south upon her bay, starting through grass that is green and raspberry-colored. She heads down a hill, and passes an Ayleid ruin on her right. At one point, she passes a group of deer who flee from the sight of her and her horse. Saga shakes her head sadly at this sight.

"Cannot you see I am but one of you?" calls out to them. She then thinks of Valenwood, with its much less fearful animals, and suddenly feels homesick. ...

She has heard of the others, others who had also been travelling through Cyrodiil, on adventures of their own. A former low-paid scribe known as the Grey Wizard for instance had recently become the newest Arch Mage. As the story went, he had been writing scrolls for years, making just a few gold a week. But his talents with magic had grown so strong, that it was he (it was said) who had fostered the end of Mannimarco, the so-called 'King of Worms'. Some stories had explained that Arch Mage Traven had then been mysteriously killed after all of this, but whether or not these stories were true was of some debate.

A pair of others named Renee Gade II and Dyan phor a'Cauz had also been about; these two had taken upon what was known as the "Pilgrim's Way," and it was rumored they were looking for weapons and armor belonging to Pelinal Whitestrake, an ancient human leader who had defeated the threat of Umaril the Unfeathered, beginning what was historically known as the 'First Era'. Renee and Dyan (like the Grey Wizard) had been traveling all over Cyrodiil, ridding enemies from various holds, forts, ruins, and caves, as their fame and glories rose.

There were others as well, Saga realizes as she rides past the mysterious hamlet known as Hackdirt. Igodah Go^Pe, a somewhat contemptuous high elf living in the Arcane University, is one such person. Unlike the Grey Wizard, Igodah did not possess such a reliably regal reputation, but she had also been doing her part at keeping Cyrodiil safe. Renee, Dyan, the Grey Wizard, and Igodah. All of them playing a part in the grand scheme of Tamriel these days.

"Cyrodiil shall see much protection from these sorts." Lady Saga muses as a rat attacks her horse. This rat (of course) quickly falls behind. "And Cyrodiil shall prosper, I have no fears of anything but. And I shall soon attend hopefully amongst those who dwell upon Nirn much as intended, while these others perform their good works."

Lady Saga rides upon her bay horse, still heading south.
Grits
I like how your different characters hear about each other, Renee. smile.gif

Poor Erthor is probably still waiting for Lady Saga! laugh.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 30 2013, 11:27 PM) *

*Laughs* Yea I know. I'm so dorky, my X box characters also live in a different reality from my PS3 ones. So Saga (PS3) will not have heard of Kahreem (Xbox) and vice versa.

mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 31 2013, 05:27 AM) *

Me too, great writing as always, Renee! And this time I got it for my morning tea! biggrin.gif
Renee
That's beautiful, mirocu. Happy Easter by the way!

mirocu
Lothran has left Bruma. Yup, he sure has. He left early in the morning and headed west, towards the shrine to mr Mora. From there he went downwards all the way to Chorrol, battling monsters and conjurers along the way. Right now he rests at the Crosier as night has just fallen over Tamriel.

Meanwhile back in Bruma, his fellow guards continue to patrol the town. Ongar still causes havoc at Olav´s and Humilis continues to tend to the horses. And all is quiet.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 31 2013, 05:24 PM) *

Happy Easter by the way!

You too! happy.gif
Acadian
I'm jealous. That's a beautiful trip along that northern unmarked road past that shrine then down to Chorrol. Those stone cutouts with the burning braziers as warm up stops offer some spectacular views. And Talasma runs perhaps the finest inn in Cyrodiil - even though I know Lothie prefers the Tap & Tuck.

Buffy's in Cheydinhal at the moment. She just delivered some fully filled grand and greater soul gems (she doesn't bother filling the smaller ones - anyone can do that) and some vampire (ugh) dust. The sweet rolls and replenishing the things she needs (like hair conditioner and arrows) will probably keep her there for a day or so before breezes from outside the gate call her back to the roads and forests.
mirocu
Oh, Lothran likes most inns. It´s just... he has to live somewhere, ya know? laugh.gif And I didn´t know Buffy delivered those gems, filled and all. Is it her bread and butter now?
Acadian
Buffy struggled with the lure of dark soul gems when she was a mageling, so she tries to help ensure the guild has plenty of potent regular soul gems so new mages don't make the mistakes she did.

Between selling soul gems and scrolls from her travels, she makes more than enough gold to cover her expenses. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 4 2013, 03:41 PM) *

Buffy struggled with the lure of dark soul gems when she was a mageling, so she tries to help ensure the guild has plenty of potent regular soul gems so new mages don't make the mistakes she did.

Between selling soul gems and scrolls from her travels, she makes more than enough gold to cover her expenses. smile.gif

I remember that! Maxical also struggles with the lure of dark soul gems when enchanting items - they do make a powerful enchantment!

Acadian
The irony is that Buffy's current bow is not even enchanted. wacko.gif
Renee
I hope nobody minds if I post some Kahreem here. I'm kinda hungry for some Kahreem of Weet. wink.gif

For those who don't know him (since I've never written his stories here at Chorrol) he is a Redguard and a former bandit. He used to live with a group of others somewhere on the West Weald. After hearing about the Thieves Guild being headquartered on the Waterfront, he decided to leave his former bandit's life for some easier money. He stole from his former posse before leaving them, and has not returned to the West Weald since.

Kahreem also realized at some point that there are no old bandits. Living this sort of life may be fun, it may include plenty of partying and revelry, but there are no old bandits. Living such a lifestyle virtually guarantees you'll die young he concluded one day.

I've been writing about him since September of last year over at Beth's forums.He has been doing TG quests, and has recently acquired the guild rank of "Bandit" ironically. Kahreem has just arrived in Bravil, where he is to meet with a Khajiit named S'krivva.

Kahreem also recently witnessed the death of an Argonian named City Swimmer (a first for me, actually). He has been squatting in her home. smile.gif

Sundas 2:36 pm, Frost Fall 21, 3E 433

Level: 4

Class: Bandit

Days Passed: 56
Days Jailed: 14
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

The day is pleasant, the air is warm. Kahreem of Weet wanders around Bravil for a few hours. Just moseying, and studying the way the town is laid out.

"Is there a busier smith in Bravil other than Tadrose Helas?"

"Tadrose is a fine smith. But I understand she only offers services to other Fighter's Guild members."

Bravil seems to be a poorer town than Anvil, Skingrad, Bruma, and Cheydinhal, Kahreem concludes. Its peoples are not as well off, and it seems a good portion of them are skooma addicted.

"Skooma! Have to get some skooma! ... Shouldn't be hard, in a town like this".

His usual modus operandi is to 'case' any new towns he arrives in. But as he wanders from home to home, staircase to staircase, Kahreem decides he's not going to go on a crime spree here. Not amongst the people's of Bravil. Other than skooma, there doesn't seem to be much else he could possibly steal.

"I do have one target, though. A place I have laid my eyes on ya might say."

He has already been in the castle. They took him there as he arrived in Bravil! ...With a bounty already upon his head, his first place of staying happened to be Bravil's jail!

"It's okay. Not the first time I've gone to jail upon entering a new village a ha-ha-ha!" he says aloud as he walks across one of Bravil's bridges. He then remembers Bruma. As soon as he arrived in Bruma a few weeks back, he had immediately been arrested. Why? He cannot even remember why.

4:34 pm
Kahreem comes to a tavern called Lonely Suitor Lodge, and thinks this is the place where he'll be able to finally meet his contact here in Bravil.

"Helloooo" says a rather gruff voice as Kahreem enters the place.

"How goes it?" asks a Nord man with a balding head.

"Not baaad".

"What's the news from the other parts of Tamriel?"

"Maaany Argonians say that that they have been "callled back" to Black Marsh. Dey deesappear into da swamps, and are never seen agaaaan".

"Ahh the land of the Argonians is a strange place indeed!"

As Kahreem nears the bar, he sees that the "Nord" is actually an orc. "Well met." says this orc.

"How fares thee?" Kahreem looks around the darkness, and does not see her. "I am looking for a Khajiit woman. Goes by the name of S'krivva."

"I'm Bogrum Gro-Galash, your host at the Lonely Suitor Lodge. It may not look like much outside, but that's just the weathered bravil look".

"Bravil is a weathered town, indeed. Look, I need to find S'krivva. You know of a Skrivva?"

... Some orcs are ugly, Kahreem thinks, but this "Bogrum" is really ugly!

"A local woman," Bogrum answers, "Ursanne Loch, has a missing husband. She might appreciate some help from someone like you."

Bogrum seems not interested in helping Kahreem out on the subject of S'Krivva the Khajiit here in Bravil. Perhaps it is because she is Thieves Guild, and therefore needs to keep a low profile.

"Fine. Um....I will see about helping this Ursanne Lock lady, then." he says, not intending to help her at all. "Let's get straight to the point, orc. Let's forget about this S'krivva; I need some wine. Cheap Wine. Whathavya got?"

"Have a look at my waares. I'm sure there's something to suit you".

The orc only has one bottle of the cheap stuff, though. Kahreem would normally flip out about this, but today he's in a milder mood. Soon, he'll be able to seek out some skooma in this town, anyways! Who needs Cheap Wine when there's skooma around? ... He buys this single bottle of wine, and realizes he barely has any gold left in his pockets.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

8:49 pm
"I understand that Fathis Aren is quite the Conjurrrrerrrr."

"I don't have any interest in about learning about Conjuration. But I hear he's very good."

Time drones on, and eventually Kahreem's Cheap Wine buzz wears off. Just as he's about to order whatever other alcohol there might be in this crap-joint, a Khajiit woman (commonly dressed) walks into the Lonely Suitor.

"Blaaade and bone. Speak to me," she greets Kahreem.

"You are S'krivva? How do you do? My name is Kahreem. Armand Cristophe sent me."

"Ahh you are the new thief. I am your new doyen, " she greets. She speaks openly, and seems not to have interest in keeping a low profile, as Kahreem had assumed.

"You live here in Bravil, eh?" he makes small talk.

"Bravil perhaps presents little scope for such an ambitious member of our guild. Perhaps you may find the castle entertaining. Little else".

"The castle? Funny you should .... mention the castle," he answers her with a wink. Kahreem has big plans for the castle!

"Well, what have you got for an aspiring ....'worker' like myself? Anything that needs to be done?" Perhaps a famous piece of art needs to be...uh.... 'relocated'?"

"I have a special request from the widow of a former fence in Leyawiin. As your new Doyen, I am asking yoouuu to help her."

"Go on."

"A street scavenger made off with a ring that the widow Ahdarji values highly. She is offering a reward: the guild frowns on freelance thieves. Are youuu willing to go to Leyawin, find the ring, and get it back to Ahdarji?"

"Am I willing? By the Gods, yes!" S'krivva's got really sharp-looking teeth, Karheem thinks. And I now have a new job!

"This is good. Go to Leyawiin. Speak with Ahdarji, and help her get her ring".

"Sounds mighty fine! ... I've relocated art in the past, now I'm relocating jewelry. Wow, I'm like a courier!" he realizes. "And a well-paid courier at that".

"Good hunting" S'Krivva says, as she finishes her beer and walks out the door.

Good hunting. Kahreem likes the sounds of this.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.