Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creation Kit Preview
Chorrol.com > Mods > Skyrim Mods
King Coin
Just saw it on Bethesda Blog. Not sure if this means it's out or if it is out soon. I'll have to log into steam when I get home and see.
mALX
I hate the idea of having to go through Steam for mods.
King Coin
Ok it's not out yet. Just checked again.

And I don't think you have to go through Steam for mods:

Of course, you’ll still be able to use popular fan-hosted mod sites like Skyrim Nexus to find great mods to play. We did not change any functionality to exclude the way mods worked previously

Source
SubRosa
That's funny, both the creation kit and the 1.4 patch were going to be in January. What month is it now? Oh wait, then meant January of 2013! biggrin.gif
King Coin
Well duh! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 1 2012, 02:47 PM) *

That's funny, both the creation kit and the 1.4 patch were going to be in January. What month is it now? Oh wait, then meant January of 2013! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 1 2012, 02:49 PM) *

Well duh! laugh.gif

ROFL !!! Have to admit expecting the delay though. I see Skyrim as New Vegas, 1.5 years later still patching the unpatchable game and trying to sell DLC bundled with the patches in them to trick people into thinking the game will run now with THIS patch.
King Coin
I wasn't really surprised either.

I'm wondering, does Vegas play yet without crashing every 30-45 mins?
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 1 2012, 03:08 PM) *

I wasn't really surprised either.

I'm wondering, does Vegas play yet without crashing every 30-45 mins?

They put out a new patch just last fall, I haven't plugged up my 360 to the internet and tried it out yet.
King Coin
Bethesda just posted this on Facebook:

"For our Skyrim PC fans, the Creation Kit is on track for release on Tuesday. And, we also have a special surprise with it."

https://www.facebook.com/TheElderScrolls
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 3 2012, 07:25 PM) *

Bethesda just posted this on Facebook:

"For our Skyrim PC fans, the Creation Kit is on track for release on Tuesday. And, we also have a special surprise with it."

https://www.facebook.com/TheElderScrolls

I'm just getting a "sign in to Facebook" off the link. I'll go see if they have posted something on their Blog.
McBadgere
I watched the video...And like the one that Subrosa showed me...I'm utterly terrified of it... laugh.gif ...There was a brief moment of "ooh, I wonder..." and then there was "AAAARGH!!!" panic.gif ...

So no...I shan't be joining the mod-coms...

Heh... hubbahubba.gif See what I did there?... biggrin.gif ...
mALX
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 4 2012, 06:05 AM) *

I watched the video...And like the one that Subrosa showed me...I'm utterly terrified of it... laugh.gif ...There was a brief moment of "ooh, I wonder..." and then there was "AAAARGH!!!" panic.gif ...

So no...I shan't be joining the mod-coms...

Heh... hubbahubba.gif See what I did there?... biggrin.gif ...

Er...what other vid? GAAAAH !!! I didn't see another vid !!!
McBadgere
Sorry...Getting me stuff confused again... laugh.gif wacko.gif ...

Wasn't a video...Got it mixed up with something else...

It was an Oblivion wiki tutorial thingy...Confused the hell out of me... kvright.gif ...

Robert is scared all over again...Like this - panic.gif ...
mALX
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 4 2012, 10:47 AM) *

Sorry...Getting me stuff confused again... laugh.gif wacko.gif ...

Wasn't a video...Got it mixed up with something else...

It was an Oblivion wiki tutorial thingy...Confused the hell out of me... kvright.gif ...

Robert is scared all over again...Like this - panic.gif ...

The Oblivion one is pretty easy to use, I watched a vid of a 10 year old child explaining how to do it. I made several mods that I love, (and I can hardly spell the word computer - very dumb with any electronics).

My first mod was just some basic "Make certain places accessible to my character and certain NPC's look better and like her" - I made a few mistakes, but the game still plays fine.

Mistakes:

1. There is a large gap in the Lords Manor in Castle Skingrad with a giant door sticking out of it - I somehow must have dragged something without knowing it, and really not sure where the door came from but it is huge. It is really hardly noticable though, you just have to jump across when entering the Lords Manor.

2. There is a matching split in the "Chamber of the Lost" in that castle too, hardly noticable.

3. And another split down the center of the Colovian Traders that keeps Gunter behind the counter where he belongs. (I finally managed to get Eyja out though).

Didn't make too many mistakes after that at all, kind of learned the hard way.

1. Made Eyja beautiful
2. The angry mouse mod - have to be careful around Orc for some reason they attack the mouse even though it is a follower of the Player and in the Player faction !!
3. The rude fishing pole mod
4. The Academy for Assassins and Mercenaries run by (an even more beautiful Eyja) and Vilja's twin sister Vinja - the girls came out AWESOME !! They work perfectly !!
5. The Fortress Academy for training (with a duplicate copy of Eyja and Vinja in it)
6. The Cove Village - a whole gorgeous village with interesting NPC's and a few quests + 3 linked Oblivion worlds.

I did make a mistake on that last one, tried to add Mehrunes Dagon to one of the Oblivion worlds. I had also added Todd Howard, and had him following me. In trying to shrink Dagon I kind of blew up something. Todd multiplied somehow and there were 12 of him, all marked essential and tough fighters. My mouse was with me at the time of the implosion and the mod broke - he had to be remade from scratch. Had to reload the construction set, delete all the Todd's and Dagon.

The mod works fine now, I replaced Dagon with a bunch of Daedric spawns. Todd Howard is fixed and works fine now. (and it has his real voice files).

Another mess up in that village - the Unicorn and sheep are supposed to follow the player around if they carry apples. I haven't been able to script this out yet, but they follow the player inside the houses and to other cities (which they are not supposed to leave the village).

Also, I could not get one trap working in that village, the player is supposed to open a door and fall hundreds of feet (modeled after the Thieves Guild "Fall from Ocato's Hearth" trap). Still can't get that working.

7. I tried to make Jauffre a wilderness preacher with a drinking problem - He had a drinking problem all right. He kneeled in front of his dias and prayed instead of preaching at it, and for some reason when he sat at the bar his clothing disappeared completely and his feet turned flourescent pink. He began reading a book that was not there, etc.

8. Made a statue on the IC waterfront, "The Lucky Lady of the IC" - she gets hateful to the player when they kiss her, yells "MITTS OFF, YE LECHEROUS FILTH!" and a few other lines like that.

Playing with the mods is more fun than anything. I've been trying to learn as I go though.

King Coin
There are rumors that the surprise will be an official high resolution texture pack. This is just a rumor though. Another rumor is DX11 support.
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 4 2012, 01:29 PM) *

There are rumors that the surprise will be an official high resolution texture pack. This is just a rumor though. Another rumor is DX11 support.

I would love the high resolution texture pack !!!!
King Coin
Creation kit has launched and the surprise is the guessed at High Res texture pack!

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/02/07/happy-m...-pack-released/
mALX
WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.