Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kingdoms of Amalur...
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General RPG Discussion
McBadgere
Anyone else seen this?...

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

By the looks of it, it's one lawsuit away from actually being Oblivion/Fallout/Skyrim.

It's part designed by Ken Ralston, who was apparently lead designer for Morrowind and Oblivion...

I shall be getting it - hopefully - today...So it may put a sizeable dent in my time... tongue.gif ...The reviews don't paint any picture that would threaten the Elder Scrolls stuff, but it looks decent enough for a first game in a series...Apparently...

Anyone else looking into it?...
McBadgere
No havee game in shopee... mad.gif ...

Have ordered from Amazon...Thank goodness for Amazon... laugh.gif ...
SubRosa
Well, the animations are certainly a lot better than in the ES games! It is hard to really tell much about the game from the trailer they have on their front page though. It is a showcase of the graphics and fighting, but really does not give you any idea of what the real gameplay itself if like. In fact it looks more like an FPS or fighting game than an RPG. Although poking around the website found things like classes, and that you can use different gear.

The Brigand Hall Cavern demo actually tells you a lot more about the game then the opening trailer. Here I can see RPG elements. The way you can alter your class as you play sounds excellent. In fact, it looks like more of an RPG then the Mass Effect games are. The art design of the world looks excellent. It does look interesting, and worth giving a try. I'll keep an eye out for it. If I see it in a store, I'll probably buy it.
TheBrume
I bought this game a when it was released, though I haven't had much time to play it.

From what I have played, it's a decent enough game. The gameplay is good and the world looks great. Don't expect any of the stunning vistas as seen in the ES games though.
The world is quite free roam. All the towns and villages are linked by convenient little ravines. You rarely stray too far from a road.

Though, as I say, I haven't played much, it's still worth buying.
McBadgere
Brief update...

It's alright...

More like Dungeon Siege III (which I liked) with extras, than either Oblivion or Skyrim...

It's good...Not great...Certainly not £40 great anyways... kvright.gif ...

Should have waited...Blasted kids...Grrr... laugh.gif ...
Fawkes
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 21 2012, 03:36 PM) *

Brief update...

It's alright...

More like Dungeon Siege III (which I liked) with extras, than either Oblivion or Skyrim...

It's good...Not great...Certainly not £40 great anyways... kvright.gif ...

Should have waited...Blasted kids...Grrr... laugh.gif ...

Hahah xD, I also liked DS3, but after I played the second one, Playing the 3rd one was just weird.
When I played the demo, while yes I LOVED playing as a shirtless dude, it's not worth 60$ IMO, maybe 30 or 20.
McBadgere
Second impressions...

It's not bad actually...I was more impressed in the 20 mins I had of my second go than I had been the first hour and a half...

It's a huge game too...The map makes Skyrim's map seem like slight stroll... biggrin.gif ...

Not got that far yet...Been busy...But I'm looking forward to doing a bit more now...

Still not worth £40 though biggrin.gif ...
ImperialSnob
R.I.P
Kiln
Yeah I've played this game quite a bit now. It is pretty fun after you spend an hour or so in it and really start to connect with the atmosphere and story. It is a very large and open game with what looks like limited or no level scaling, which means that if you try to progress too quickly you're probably going to get owned by enemies in certain parts of the map.

The graphics are pretty unique, as are the races and factions. The environments vary a lot as well.

I dumped quite a few hours into it and while it isn't Morrowind or Skyrim, it is a pretty entertaining game.
Elisabeth Hollow
I think I mentioned this game a few weeks back..
Kiln
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jun 27 2013, 09:13 PM) *

I think I mentioned this game a few weeks back..

I remember the conversation a short time ago.
Elisabeth Hollow
I have no idea what I said about it, either.
ImperialSnob
All the sidequests are horrible boring MMO quests.

McBadgere
That's because it started life as an MMO then they changed their minds...Hence the size of all the caves and stuff...

When I'm not playing it I miss it...I really did enjoy it...But then I get back on it and soon enough, I wish I was on something else... biggrin.gif ...
mirocu
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jun 28 2013, 01:40 PM) *

When I'm not playing it I miss it...I really did enjoy it...But then I get back on it and soon enough, I wish I was on something else... biggrin.gif ...

McBadgere at his best! rollinglaugh.gif
ImperialSnob
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jun 28 2013, 12:40 PM) *

That's because it started life as an MMO then they changed their minds...Hence the size of all the caves and stuff...

I know.

And starting it as an MMO was the worst bussiness decision ever.

MMO's are the most expensive games to make,ECSPECIALY(SP?) for a first game.

And that's why Studio 8 is gone.
McBadgere
Espescially...

Yep, they needed to sell three million units in three months to break even...They only did one and a half...Shame, I would have bought the sequel quite happily...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.