Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know you've been playing Skyrim too long when...
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim
Lady Saga
...you go to the doctor, and he prescribes a treatment for low-light deficiency syndrome!

you get it when somebody makes an "arrow in the knee" joke.

you accidentally call your boss a "Jarl".

you look towards your feet and see three bars floating in the air. One's red, one's blue, and one's green.

you look up and suddenly know which direction you're going, what sort of buildings are nearby, and if any enemies are about.

you put Oblivion in for the first time in awhile, see that you have a lot of ingredients, and wonder where the nearest mixing station is. Even though your character has a mortar & pestle! biggrin.gif

Darkness Eternal
Edited. nono.gif
McBadgere
You look at far off mountains to see if there's a Dragon flying around them...

You get close to mountains and you go "Yeeeeah...Few jumps and I'll be up there no problem..."

When one of your kids (the girl), upon hearing the wife say of shop goods, "This is just rubbish." turn around and say. "Mummy, you may call them rubbish, but me, I call them treasures."

You pick up the post in the morning and declare happily - "I have letters to read."

There's one about Brynjolf's elixir which I won't mention... tongue.gif ...
Uleni Athram
... you make a thread about how addicted you are at playing Skyrim.

KWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I likey what I did there! Hagh!
Lady Saga
Haa ha yea, that's true, UA. I'm a TES addict, and happily so

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Apr 22 2012, 01:21 AM) *

When one of your kids (the girl), upon hearing the wife say of shop goods, "This is just rubbish." turn around and say. "Mummy, you may call them rubbish, but me, I call them treasures."

laugh.gif This one is priceless.

You know you've been playing too much Skyrim when you start to think the horse you've been riding might just off and attack somebody, unprovoked.

...you start to wear different jewelry because you think you're going to get better prices.

....you start looking forward to some overcast, rainy weather (guilty).
Captain Hammer
You know you've been playing TES V: Skyrim too long when..

..you walk into work in the morning and say "Drem Yol Lok everyone."

..you try to chill a drink by saying "Fo" in a drawn-out way.

..somebody makes a joke about finding a grey hair and you immediately wonder whether Ivarstead has an early-bird special.

..you let the TV remain broken lest the repairman accidentally sink half your town trying to fix it (and somebody immediately retorts "That wasn't their fault!").

..a debate involving religion and politics immediately makes you look around for elves, or known associates of Thalmor elves.

..you're constantly looking up for fear of attack/death-from-above.

..you're asked to sweep and the first thing you try is "Fus!", then "Fus Ro!", and finally "Fus Ro Dah!"
SubRosa
When you sit down to dinner you find yourself saying: "Drink for the thirsty, food for the hungry."

When you see a cop you expect him to say: "Go fiddling with any locks around here, and we'll have a real problem."

You stub your toe on a door, and think you will heal it by eating an apple.

You go to the library hoping to find some spell tomes there, or at least skill books.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 22 2012, 12:54 PM) *

When you sit down to dinner you find yourself saying: "Drink for the thirsty, food for the hungry."

haha I am GUILTY as charged of that one!
Lady Saga
You know you've been playing Skyrim too long when you walk into a bar and wonder if the bartender has a "clean mug around here someplace"

.....you go outside during the day and wonder what that strange orange ball is up in the sky.

.....you find yourself wanting to pick every flower, mushroom, and grass pod you see.

... you eat raw flowers, hoping they'll have a beneficial effect.

...your boss gives you a task you're unfamilar with, and you try to cast a Clairvoyance to see where to begin.

tongue.gif

Darkness Eternal
When you approach random girls in the streets to tell her that you have an amulet of Mara.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 22 2012, 07:56 PM) *

When you approach random girls in the streets to tell her that you have an amulet of Mara.

laugh.gif Yea, can you imagine? Ooh, I have an Amulet of Mara, now I'm irresistible!
Lord Revan
When you figure this guy is really a justicier infiltrating a high school for monsters.

Hah, my healer wears the Amulet of Mara all the time. Leads to some awkward moments. laugh.gif
Taaron
You know you've been playing Skyrim for too long if you wake up and are expecting someone to tell you that you didnt gain any bonuses because of your beast blood. unfortunetly, i am guilty.
King Of Beasts
You know you've been playing too much skyrim when.....

A deer walks in your front lawn and your immediate response is to reach for your bow and arrow

You shout " Yol Toor Shul" at the fireplace when you're trying to turn it on

When you search for levers and pull-chains around your house, hoping to find a secret passage in one of your walls

When you try to cast a frost or fire rune to keep out intruders

When you drop what you're holding on the floor in hopes that it will land on the table

When you believe you're destiny is to save the world from dragons

When you see a group of old men, you instantly assume they're the gray beards

When you dual-wield two kitchen knives and attack the rat you're trying to get rid of with them

When you call rats skeevers

When you insist people fight for the glory of Talos

When you walk around in the middle of winter in shorts and short sleeve shorts without a jacket

When you're comvinced you have a 50% resistance to frost
McBadgere
When you look up into the driving rain and shout "Lok-Va-Koor!!"...And actually be gutted it didn't work...

(Clear skies shout btw...Works for the snow and rain in game...Just so you know... wink.gif )
Colonel Mustard
When you want to go somewhere and look for the waypoint to appear on your compass.

When you expect to learn a Dragon Shout from a grafitti-covered wall.

When you reach for a stamina potion when you feel tired.
Lady Saga
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 17 2012, 12:05 AM) *

When you drop what you're holding on the floor in hopes that it will land on the table

Ha ha I'm guilty!

When you walk around in the middle of winter in shorts and short sleeve shorts without a jacket

Guilty. I really think I do have at least a 10% frost resistance; I happen to be one of "those" people who loves cold weather. Wash my hands in cold water, walk around barefoot in snow (when it actually snows in Maryland).
King Coin
"Watch the skies traveler" to someone you pass in the streets.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 17 2012, 12:05 AM) *

Ha ha I'm guilty!

Guilty. I really think I do have at least a 10% frost resistance; I happen to be one of "those" people who loves cold weather. Wash my hands in cold water, walk around barefoot in snow (when it actually snows in Maryland).

At least it snows in Maryland! It just won't snow in Connecticut! The skies are always gray. It rains, but never snows. I'm definitely guilty of being convinced that u have a 50% first resistance. biggrin.gif
Lady Saga
That's weird. You're much farther north, I would think you'd get lots of snow, or at least more than we do. Are you near the coast?

My brother went to school in Boston, they'd get slammed every winter. Then again, this was back in the late 80s/early 90s
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 02:20 PM) *

That's weird. You're much farther north, I would think you'd get lots of snow, or at least more than we do. Are you near the coast?

My brother went to school in Boston, they'd get slammed every winter. Then again, this was back in the late 80s/early 90s

I'm not too far from the coast. But I really dislike the fact that it won't snow and it's always cold. Christmas is close, AND THERE'S NO SNOW!! It's not right. Any way....

You Know you've been playing skyrim too long when....

You expect the spiders you kill to send out an electric shock when you kill them

When you try to forage a sword in a fire pit in your backyard

When you start speaking in the dragon language

When you believe the thieves guild lives in the city sewers

When you began to call the city sewers " The Ratway"

When hiking, you expect a spriggan to jump out from a tree and attack you

When you try to summon atronachs

When you are mad, you try to use the storm call shout

Instead of saying " Oh my god" you say " By the nine divines!"

When you try to cast a magelight spell in total darkness.

When you start seeing two moons
Lady Saga
When you go to the Supermarket and expect somebody to greet you saying "I work for Belethor, at the General Goods store". Guilty

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 17 2012, 05:27 PM) *

I could see this being an issue for me. It's been awhile since I've really been on a long hike, but after awhile the mind starts to wander....
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 17 2012, 05:27 PM) *

I could see this being an issue for me. It's been awhile since I've really been on a long hike, but after awhile the mind starts to wander....

That's true. You never know what might jump out on you while hiking. Anyway....

You know you've been playing skyrim too long when....

You hear peacful music in the woods, even though you're the only one there

You see a crosshair in the center of your vision

Your convinced its snowing in the middle of summer

You expect a magic to be cast at you when you pray in a church

You expect a spell to be cast at you during a fistfight if someone is more than 10 feet away from you

You are convinced there is treasure in the burnt down house in your neighborhood

When spiders look about the size of a horse when you see them

When you have the urge to explore caves

When you began to wear hide and fur armor

When you carry around a sword
King Coin
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 19 2012, 02:36 PM) *

Hey, don't judge.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 19 2012, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 19 2012, 02:36 PM) *

Hey, don't judge.

I have arachnophobia so all spiders look gigantic to me, but if there's a spider that looks like its the size of a horse that's a different story....
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 19 2012, 08:36 PM) *

Nah, that just means you're in Australia.

You know you've been playing Skyrim too long when you hang on to fake jewellery to use as a soul gem.
Elisabeth Hollow
When you say "I can't find my coinpurse," instead of wallet XD

When you tell someone "That'll be 12 gold" instead of dollars.

Sigh. When you call someone a s'wit and get angry when they are like "A wha?"

When you grab your husband's sword he keeps in the closet and say "This blade is dull. Where's the nearest blacksmith?"

All of these things...I have done. lol
Lady Saga
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 3 2013, 01:03 AM) *

I love this one especially! winkgrin.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 3 2013, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 3 2013, 01:03 AM) *

I love this one especially! winkgrin.gif

True story lol
King Of Beasts
You know you've been playing too much skyrim when......

You refer to the "Blue Man" group as a group of dark elf refugees.

When you call your pet iguana am argonian, and ask him why he isn't wearing clothes.

When when you here your pet cat say "Maiq knows much, tells some"

When you believe that soda will increase your stamina.

When you insist that the military is the stormcloak army.

When you insist the military is the Imperial Legion

When you wake up, the first thing that goes through your mind is dragons.

When you believe that there are guild halls somewhere in your city.

When you ask why there is a strange machine in your driveway instead of a horse.

When you start wearing knee armor so you don't get an arrow to the knee.

When you believe that the poison ivy in your backyard is nirnroot, and you go and try to pick it(GUILTY)
Lady Saga
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 5 2013, 01:26 AM) *

When you believe that soda will increase your stamina.

Ha ha I am guilty! Not of this one specifically, but I occasionally will eat something, like mushrooms in my salad, and wonder if my fatigue will get lifted! Sometimes I swear it has worked, as I do feel a bit more energetic sometimes after a good salad.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.