Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diablo 3
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General RPG Discussion
King Coin
As many of you probably know, Diablo 3 is going to be out soon here. Anybody thinking of getting it? I am going to try it. I never played the other two, they were a bit before my time, but they looked like a lot of fun.
Acadian
I’ll probably try to take a peek at the reviews after it has been out awhile since I’m well-familiar with DI and DII. I spent loads of time in DII with its expansion. We had two games going simultaneously. In one, Acadian would travel as a heavily armored tank barbarian who protected his rogue scout minion and her bow. In the other, Buffy played a bow using amazon (Bowazon) who relied for protection on her paladin minion.

Dunno anything about DIII, but the two preceding games in the series placed a premium on very quick reflexes and the ability to instantly switch from one skill to another. Very very real time and extremely fast paced. Long on hack and slash and short on story. Despite all that, I enjoyed DII for a very long time.
SubRosa
I liked the first two. But I am in no hurry to get Diablo 3. I still have Dragon Age Origins, and Skyrim. Maybe in a couple of years I will get to D3.
McBadgere
I like the advert for it...Looks cool, but what with the amount of RPGs I've got going at the mo...I'm feeling very split personality-ed at the mo...And so am I... tongue.gif ...

(Oblivion/Skyrim/Dungeon Siege III/Dragon's Dogma)

*Sigh*...Needs time...
Zalphon
I'll be in on Tuesday... I can't wait smile.gif

Slaying the forces of Hell...with ZOMBIE DOGS!
King Coin
I'm going to get it on Tuesday as well. Demon Hunter!
SubRosa
I fired up Diablo II a few days ago and played it for a bit. Diablo 3 looks exactly the same, just with better graphics. I do mean exactly the same. Sure, there are some different classes this time, but the gameplay is no different. That kind of leaves me feeling cold. I had the same problem with Dragon Age: Origins. It looks and plays exactly like the Kotor and Nevewinter Nights games. As far as I can tell they are using the exact same engine now as they were a decade ago. So why should I bother with DA, when I can just play KOTOR again? Why bother with Diablo 3, when I can just play Diablo 2 again? As much as people harp on Bethesda for changing things between games, at least they do not give us the same old thing time and time again.
Fawkes
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2012, 12:00 PM) *

I fired up Diablo II a few days ago and played it for a bit. Diablo 3 looks exactly the same, just with better graphics. I do mean exactly the same. Sure, there are some different classes this time, but the gameplay is no different. That kind of leaves me feeling cold. I had the same problem with Dragon Age: Origins. It looks and plays exactly like the Kotor and Nevewinter Nights games. As far as I can tell they are using the exact same engine now as they were a decade ago. So why should I bother with DA, when I can just play KOTOR again? Why bother with Diablo 3, when I can just play Diablo 2 again? As much as people harp on Bethesda for changing things between games, at least they do not give us the same old thing time and time again.

Different...story?
Yea I don't know, I use to play D2 like crazy back in highschool, I thought D3 was going to have random quest, instead of the same old same old like in D2, or did they scrap that?

Does not matter though, I lack money, and since D3 is online only...not a fan of that.
King Coin
There has been an awful lot of servers being taken down. Not completely unexpected. I'll just have to play Skyrim.

The game is a lot of fun to play, but it would have an extremely difficult time roleplaying it. I was kind of surprised that there was no character customization. It won't have the staying power TES games do, at least for me.
Fawkes
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 16 2012, 09:00 PM) *

There has been an awful lot of servers being taken down. Not completely unexpected. I'll just have to play Skyrim.

The game is a lot of fun to play, but it would have an extremely difficult time roleplaying it. I was kind of surprised that there was no character customization. It won't have the staying power TES games do, at least for me.

Well D1 and 2 did not have customization, I think the only different thing is that the characters each have a different story for male and female.

I'm a Barbarian...a sexy one and that, All he wears is a loin cloth haha, still in act one because I'm trying to get the game to lag less, hehe.
King Coin
QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 18 2012, 12:17 AM) *

Well D1 and 2 did not have customization, I think the only different thing is that the characters each have a different story for male and female.

I'm a Barbarian...a sexy one and that, All he wears is a loin cloth haha, still in act one because I'm trying to get the game to lag less, hehe.

Never played those other ones, I had just assumed character customization. Meh. Oh well.

I've got a monk... named Monk. lol. I think she's level 15. Monks are a lot of fun to play.

I've got a demon hunter named Sheriff Woody. I get a kick out of that. He's level 16.
SubRosa
So why do you have to be online to play? Is it an MMO? Or otherwise Multiplayer only? The demos I saw were all with a single player.
King Coin
I don't know why it's online only. DRM?
Fawkes
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 18 2012, 06:57 AM) *

So why do you have to be online to play? Is it an MMO? Or otherwise Multiplayer only? The demos I saw were all with a single player.

It's online only, but you can play alone if you want, I have no idea why they did the online only thing, probably a way to see if they can stop people from torrenting the game, the problem with online only is that you get freaking latency in single player, other than that, the game is fun biggrin.gif...even though my computer sucks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.