Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your projects
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 25 2018, 05:46 PM) *

You...you pulled your little yellow 'Cavator's teeth without getting the new ones first? GAAAAAH!

Yup, I like to start my projects the right way biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Today Dad and I made a gate. It's very simple and the only time consuming issue was what design we wanted. Thanks to the saw I bought before this vacation though, the actual work went smooth. I just need one more bolt to use when it's closed. We had one but another will make it much more sturdy smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 26 2018, 10:07 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 25 2018, 05:46 PM) *

You...you pulled your little yellow 'Cavator's teeth without getting the new ones first? GAAAAAH!

Yup, I like to start my projects the right way biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Today Dad and I made a gate. It's very simple and the only time consuming issue was what design we wanted. Thanks to the saw I bought before this vacation though, the actual work went smooth. I just need one more bolt to use when it's closed. We had one but another will make it much more sturdy smile.gif

You know what I'm going to say, so where is the pic? laugh.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 26 2018, 05:54 PM) *

Due to imgur's recent "upgrade" I am unable to use it and therefore unable to post pics kvleft.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 27 2018, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 26 2018, 05:54 PM) *

Due to imgur's recent "upgrade" I am unable to use it and therefore unable to post pics kvleft.gif

Oh no! verysad.gif

Kane
Time to come into the 21st century browsers, my feathered friend.

Edit: forgot a word.
mirocu
Miscelleneous things done today; bicycle wheel (just the rim) fastened on the new gate so we don't need to hold it up while opening/closing. Minor support beams up on the roof over the wood cutter. Timber shelf adjusted and also; Dad's project of dismantling the old firewood storage continued.

All in all, a good day smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 1 2018, 10:18 AM) *

Miscelleneous things done today; bicycle wheel (just the rim) fastened on the new gate so we don't need to hold it up while opening/closing. Minor support beams up on the roof over the wood cutter. Timber shelf adjusted and also; Dad's project of dismantling the old firewood storage continued.

All in all, a good day smile.gif

And no way to see a pic of the bicycle wheel rim on the gate? verysad.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2018, 05:36 PM) *

I shallst try visiting imgur again later but I would suggest not holding any breath.

I hate these constant "upgrades" that websites do mad.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 2 2018, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2018, 05:36 PM) *

I shallst try visiting imgur again later but I would suggest not holding any breath.

I hate these constant "upgrades" that websites do mad.gif

Agreed. I lost a decade worth of screenshots when Photobucket blocked everyone from using their site without paying them 400 dollars suddenly = holding our screenshots hostage/for ransom.

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 2 2018, 12:16 PM) *

Agreed. I lost a decade worth of screenshots when Photobucket blocked everyone from using their site without paying them 400 dollars suddenly = holding our screenshots hostage/for ransom.

Photobucket considers them theirs now.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2018, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 2 2018, 12:16 PM) *

Photobucket considers them theirs now.

Exactly. I wish I'd known, I'd have downloaded them and put them on my external hard drive verysad.gif

Uleni Athram
It bothers me that there are so few in-universe articles about unarmed martial arts in TES. In fact, there should be more of them in RPG games as a whole since, if you ask me, martial arts can shed light and provide a rather unique perspective on in-game cultures.

Therefore I have decided that I’m just gonna make one myself, lol
mALX
QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Sep 5 2018, 06:01 AM) *

It bothers me that there are so few in-universe articles about unarmed martial arts in TES. In fact, there should be more of them in RPG games as a whole since, if you ask me, martial arts can shed light and provide a rather unique perspective on in-game cultures.

Therefore I have decided that I’m just gonna make one myself, lol

Oblivion had mods to do martial arts in combat; and I think they had an un-armed skill line that could be developed. I liked the un-armed in Fallout 3 really well.

ghastley
Morrowind had an unarmed (hand-to-hand) skill, and an unarmoured skill. My Vampirella character did both.

Oblivion dropped the unarmoured, but kept hand-to hand. Not using armour wasn't a show-stopper, and several of my characters managed fine without any, by having enough offence. You could also enchant clothing for shield if you needed to do so.

Skyrim dropped hand-to-hand too, mostly, but mods brought it back. However, they tended to use gauntlet weapons, instead of bare fists, so that there would be an inventory item to which they could attach offensive enchantments. I ran Munchkin and a Smurf or two using one of those.

So it's possible, sort of. You may have problems trying to make bare-fist/foot/etc. viable in Skyrim, with no skill tree or item to enchant.

The other weapon that morphed was the staff. In Morrowind you could hit with one, in Oblivion and Skyrim it was only a magic channel.
Uleni Athram
Lol guys, I must have misworded my intent. I’m not talking about martial arts gameplay in TES, I’m talking about in-universe books about martial arts (that goes into depth about techniques and such, mind you) and how the lack of them motivated me to write my own. LOL
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Sep 5 2018, 10:00 AM) *

Lol guys, I must have misworded my intent. I’m not talking about martial arts gameplay in TES, I’m talking about in-universe books about martial arts (that goes into depth about techniques and such, mind you) and how the lack of them motivated me to write my own. LOL

Yeah like you would expect a lot of Khajiiti writings on the subject.
Uleni Athram
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 6 2018, 12:10 AM) *

I know, right? I wanna know what Falling Sand, Two-Moons-Dance etc, are all about.
mALX
QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Sep 5 2018, 11:00 AM) *

What about "The Way of the Exposed Palm?"

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/way-exposed-palm

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Sep 5 2018, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 6 2018, 12:10 AM) *

I know, right? I wanna know what Falling Sand, Two-Moons-Dance etc, are all about.

Two Moons Dance:

Master Zoaraym's Tale

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/m...r-zoarayms-tale

ghastley
The gradual elimination of physical unarmed combat from the game reflects an intentional move towards its opposite, so references to what's missing would have been avoided. Anything in there will be old, and probably from the Morrowind books - many of which came over from Daggerfall, anyway.

ESO is at the point where fighting with sword and board is mostly spell-casting, and the physical side is an afterthought, or just a conduit for the magical. But you still can't cast a spell "by hand". You need a weapon or staff first.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 5 2018, 02:25 PM) *

The gradual elimination of physical unarmed combat from the game reflects an intentional move towards its opposite, so references to what's missing would have been avoided. Anything in there will be old, and probably from the Morrowind books - many of which came over from Daggerfall, anyway.

ESO is at the point where fighting with sword and board is mostly spell-casting, and the physical side is an afterthought, or just a conduit for the magical. But you still can't cast a spell "by hand". You need a weapon or staff first.

Nightblades can cast by hand with no weapons equipped for things like ranged absorb health (Siphoning Class skill line). It isn't like the Templar jabby thing where a weapon appears in your hand if you cast (or like the Fighters Guild crossbow which just appears in your hand) = the animation is your hand just stretching out and and the spell leaving your fingers. Another is the "Reaper's Mark," it has a different animation, but no weapon appears for that either. The Templar has a fireball they toss that is a regular spell without a weapon too. So there are some, mostly in the Class skill lines that don't require (or add) weapons - but yeah, there are way more that pop a weapon into your hand when you cast them.

I really liked going unarmed in Fallout 3; and had a good roleplay for unarmed going on in Oblivion for a long time. I do miss having that option for my own game's sake.

Sakiri
I remember the photobucket thing. I deleted everything important before they did it.

As for projects, we're building a hopper for our pellets this weekend. 60x60cm and a meter high. Any bigger wouldn't fit right. Any taller and I can't fill.. 16kg(35lbs) bags are hard for me to lift.
mirocu
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 5 2018, 09:03 PM) *

As for projects, we're building a hopper for our pellets this weekend. 60x60cm and a meter high. Any bigger wouldn't fit right. Any taller and I can't fill.. 16kg(35lbs) bags are hard for me to lift.

Good luck biggrin.gif

My project this weekend will be to reassemble my chainsaw tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 5 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I remember the photobucket thing. I deleted everything important before they did it.

What kind of pellets? Like the ones rabbits eat?

Sakiri
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 6 2018, 08:04 AM) *

Nah. Compressed sawdust for our furnace.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 6 2018, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 6 2018, 08:04 AM) *

Nah. Compressed sawdust for our furnace.

Oh, that is cool!

stargelman
IPB Image
mALX
QUOTE(stargelman @ Sep 13 2018, 12:28 PM) *

IPB Image

Uh Oh, that doesn't sound good! *Worried*

stargelman
All good, just sore. But I didn't want to waste this opportunity to create a meme laugh.gif
Acadian
Was it something boring like skydiving or something truly exciting like full contact ping pong?

biggrin.gif

(Heh, glad you're okay, smile.gif )
stargelman
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 13 2018, 07:00 PM) *

Was it something boring like skydiving or something truly exciting like full contact ping pong?

biggrin.gif

(Heh, glad you're okay, smile.gif )

I've tried to determine my 1RM* for deadlifting.

I'm rather confident I found it. I can tell because my legs were shaking when I pulled that bar up bigsmile.gif

*) that's "one repetition maximum", the highest weight you can do a lifting exercise exactly once with...
mALX

Urgh, is there some big lump sticking out of your side now from the strain? Gaaaah!

RaderOfTheLostArk
So far, the blog has come along smoothly. I have been able to post once a week since I started. I think this is week 6 now? Maybe 7.

The other side project I am going to start next October. I contacted one of my teachers from high school, and for a couple of Thursdays next month I am going to come back and teach some kids about political science. I want to sharpen my communication and public speaking as part of this venture, while engaging some kids and teaching them about something they have an interest in. I guess we'll see how it goes.

This semester is shaping up to be the busiest yet. Between schooling, work, side projects, and personal stuff, this is inducing more stress than ever. This whole year has been a struggle in many ways.
Sakiri
Pellet box built.

I have some 2x4s I want to make some reinforcements with for it, but I'm sure everything will otherwise be fine since the old box we were using was just made out of cardboard.... and it held for over 10 years.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 19 2018, 04:28 AM) *

Pellet box built.

I have some 2x4s I want to make some reinforcements with for it, but I'm sure everything will otherwise be fine since the old box we were using was just made out of cardboard.... and it held for over 10 years.

Holy Cow, cardboard lasting for 10 years? That is Awesome/Amazing! Your new box should last a lifetime then!

Sakiri
Yeah I was pretty impressed. The bottom eventually fell apart but it's corrugated cardboard and still was useable.
mirocu
Always nice to get upgrades, even if what is replaced was good enough for a long time.

Erm... I know I shouldn't be asking this but... pic..? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 20 2018, 04:05 PM) *

Yeah I was pretty impressed. The bottom eventually fell apart but it's corrugated cardboard and still was useable.

Geez, you could build a house with that corrugated cardboard! I remember seeing it once in a company I was doing some temporary bookwork for!

Sakiri
https://imgur.com/a/BaOBQO3

Box is done. Crap box, but it's holding well.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 22 2018, 04:33 PM) *

It looks Awesome!

mirocu
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 22 2018, 10:33 PM) *

Looks good, but I was expecting it to be a bit bigger. Then again, I'm comparing it to what my Dad used to fill up an entire school with... tongue.gif
Acadian
Saki, the new box looks structurally sound and well reinforced - I should think that is what counts. smile.gif
stargelman
My current project is to build a retrofit lat pulley system for my power cage so I can do lat pulls, triceps exercises and so on.

I've bought and received most of the parts already. I've got a big M12 screw with a closed hook complete with nuts and stuff, I've got a number of carabiners, I've got two high performance rope pulleys with ball bearings which are used for mountain climbing, I've got some 8mm rope to use with the pulleys (not actual climbing rope but the cheaper hiking rope) and a few other bits. What I'm missing now is a loading pin which is basically a pipe with a round platform at the base and some sort of hook at the top that you can attach a carabiner to, which I will use to load weight plates onto.

Sadly, the pin I ordered is so poorly constructed that the welding seam at the top is so thick that it's too wide to actually put any disks on. So I'm gonna have to return that and I've already ordered a replacement from a popular crossfit outfitter. Sadly, that's almost twice as expensive. Quite ridiculous to pay 60€ for a simple metal pipe - even if it can handle 500 lb.....

I'll upload a picture once it's complete.
Acadian
Good to hear the stargelgym is still well in use and even expanding its capability! smile.gif
stargelman
Yeah, and that despite the fact that I had to have a curtain installed to cover it up when it's not in use because apparently it's such an eyesore biggrin.gif
Sakiri
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 23 2018, 03:42 PM) *

Looks good, but I was expecting it to be a bit bigger. Then again, I'm comparing it to what my Dad used to fill up an entire school with... tongue.gif

Any bigger and we wouldn't be able to get around it.

Any taller and my short self can't fill it.
mALX
QUOTE(stargelman @ Sep 23 2018, 12:56 PM) *

My current project is to build a retrofit lat pulley system for my power cage so I can do lat pulls, triceps exercises and so on.

I've bought and received most of the parts already. I've got a big M12 screw with a closed hook complete with nuts and stuff, I've got a number of carabiners, I've got two high performance rope pulleys with ball bearings which are used for mountain climbing, I've got some 8mm rope to use with the pulleys (not actual climbing rope but the cheaper hiking rope) and a few other bits. What I'm missing now is a loading pin which is basically a pipe with a round platform at the base and some sort of hook at the top that you can attach a carabiner to, which I will use to load weight plates onto.

Sadly, the pin I ordered is so poorly constructed that the welding seam at the top is so thick that it's too wide to actually put any disks on. So I'm gonna have to return that and I've already ordered a replacement from a popular crossfit outfitter. Sadly, that's almost twice as expensive. Quite ridiculous to pay 60€ for a simple metal pipe - even if it can handle 500 lb.....

I'll upload a picture once it's complete.

More expensive: Yeah, but you really want to make sure whatever you use can hold that 500 lbs and not dump them on your head or chest, lol. Most def worth the cost if it is going to be made correctly for that use! (imho).

QUOTE(stargelman @ Sep 23 2018, 04:21 PM) *

Yeah, and that despite the fact that I had to have a curtain installed to cover it up when it's not in use because apparently it's such an eyesore biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 23 2018, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 23 2018, 03:42 PM) *

Any bigger and we wouldn't be able to get around it.

Any taller and my short self can't fill it.

laugh.gif Good answers!

Sakiri
Yeah I'm like 5'4" and have trouble lifting these 35 lb bags. Box is about a meter high, so like 3.25 feet high. I was going to go taller til I measured the cardboard. Then I saw just how short it needs to be.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 24 2018, 04:30 PM) *

Yeah I'm like 5'4" and have trouble lifting these 35 lb bags. Box is about a meter high, so like 3.25 feet high. I was going to go taller til I measured the cardboard. Then I saw just how short it needs to be.

It looks fantastic, you did a great job!

Sakiri
biggrin.gif

Was my first carpentry project in decades. I've forgotten so much lol.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 25 2018, 03:30 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Was my first carpentry project in decades. I've forgotten so much lol.

Mirocu does some Awesome carpentry too. He has made some amazing things and posted shots of them on here!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.