Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your projects
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
mirocu
mirocu does decent carpentry work, but he appreciates the praise laugh.gif

I agree; if it does the job as it's supposed to then I say job well done. Maybe a coat of paint could spruse it up if that's what you want smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 26 2018, 10:36 AM) *

mirocu does decent carpentry work, but he appreciates the praise laugh.gif

I agree; if it does the job as it's supposed to then I say job well done. Maybe a coat of paint could spruse it up if that's what you want smile.gif

Not paint, wood stain.

Acadian
So do I get the concept of this pellet box right? Put rabbits in the top and pellets come out the bottom?

biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 26 2018, 11:24 AM) *

So do I get the concept of this pellet box right? Put rabbits in the top and pellets come out the bottom?

biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

Sakiri
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 26 2018, 05:24 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Lol.

Nah, my furnace burns 8mm wood pellets and I needed something to put them in.
mirocu
Put up a small wall where we keep the timber. Lots of angles to think about but thanks to my battery-powered saw the work was easy-peasy. Now the chance of snow landing on the timber from the side is zero and in the front we'll put up a plastic canvas for protection.

Looks a lot better now too, before it looked like the storage wasn't finished.
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 29 2018, 09:59 AM) *

Put up a small wall where we keep the timber. Lots of angles to think about but thanks to my battery-powered saw the work was easy-peasy. Now the chance of snow landing on the timber from the side is zero and in the front we'll put up a plastic canvas for protection.

Looks a lot better now too, before it looked like the storage wasn't finished.

verysad.gif No pictures? sad.gif

Sakiri
https://i.imgur.com/h2X1coN.jpg

Finished!

Holy crap that image was huge.

It was from my phone, shouldn't have been that big lol.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 30 2018, 07:36 AM) *

Finished!

Is it a nice warm blanket you knitted for the winter?

stargelman
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 30 2018, 01:36 PM) *

Finished!

Looks cozy! goodjob.gif
stargelman
As promised/threatened, here are some pictures of my finally completed lat pulley addition project.

This is what the stargelgymbox looks like when it's not in use, all nicely tucked away behind a curtain:
IPB Image

When the curtain is opened, it currently looks like this:
IPB Image

So this is what I've added to the rack:
IPB Image

View of the front pulley with lat pulley bar, carabiners and "express sling" (the bit on top, something used by climbers to connect two carabiners together, one for the rope side, one for the mountain side to form an "express set")
IPB Image

Details of the front bit
IPB Image

Back bit with a really big closed-hook bolt holding the main weight:
IPB Image

And the part that was missing, the weight loading pin - you take off the carabiner, load plates onto it and put the carabiner back on
IPB Image

The whole thing in use:
IPB Image

Due to the fact that the pulleys are ball-bearing, the action is really really smooth and almost silent. I could add a bit that would allow me to pull from the bottom for things like cable rows, but I actually prefer to do bent-over rows and especially t-bar rows. Even got a new gimmick for t-bar rows now:
IPB Image

RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(stargelman @ Sep 30 2018, 09:40 AM) *

*snip*

Stargelman is 'boudda get swole!

I have been really lax on weightlifting in recent months. Part of it is a lack of time, but I could still get in some more sessions if I planned better.
stargelman
My trick is to do it in the morning, before work. That way I have a set time slot and pretty much nothing can get in the way. Well, except if there's a business trip or some such, but for that there's resistance bands wink.gif
mirocu
Stargelman is getting buff! tongue.gif

And Saki is warm biggrin.gif

As for me, we added a wall on the backside of the timber storage. Looks waaaaay better now plus no snow from the side. And no, mALX, no pics due to imgur's "upgrade" awhile back. I'll try at some point to access it again.
mALX
Ooh, that curtain looks stunning with that plant and angled roof there! Someone has excellent decorating taste!

On the machine = those things scare the heck out of me, I always picture the poor user getting into some kind of bind they need (a second party to hear them screaming for) help to get out of, lol.

"HELP!"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q...skC7eq4lIgrBTZQ

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 30 2018, 09:55 AM) *

Stargelman is getting buff! tongue.gif

And Saki is warm biggrin.gif

As for me, we added a wall on the backside of the timber storage. Looks waaaaay better now plus no snow from the side. And no, mALX, no pics due to imgur's "upgrade" awhile back. I'll try at some point to access it again.

Yeah, I'm not happy with their new format either.

QUOTE(stargelman @ Sep 30 2018, 09:51 AM) *

My trick is to do it in the morning, before work. That way I have a set time slot and pretty much nothing can get in the way. Well, except if there's a business trip or some such, but for that there's resistance bands wink.gif

Oh, good idea! I joined a gym (years ago now) that opened at 5 a.m. just for people who wanted to work out on the way to work. I used to go use the machines, jog, swim laps in the pool, and shower = all before going to work in the morning. I never needed coffee at the office; and all the extra oxygen to the body and brain from working out really made me a dynamo on the job. You think I'm hyper now? Exercising before work made it much worse, lol. No one could stand my energy until they had downed several gallons of coffee, rollinglaugh.gif

Acadian
Wow, looks great stargelman! goodjob.gif

Tidy, tight, efficient, effective - what more could a gym rat want?

Early morning workouts have always worked best for me as well.
Sakiri
It is warm and floofy and cozy. Whee! Cloud blanket!

Chenille yarn. I can't find any here. Sad panda.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Sep 30 2018, 03:59 PM) *

It is warm and floofy and cozy. Whee! Cloud blanket!

Chenille yarn. I can't find any here. Sad panda.

It is beautiful! Between the pellets and that awesome blankie blanket, you are going to be toasty warm this winter!

Sakiri
Mmm blankie. I love warm blankets.
Dark Reaper
I ordered a mod kit for the Nerf Stryfe. Its suppose to make the blaster look like a Kriss Vector. I didn't have enough for the full kit but had enough to get the base kit. I'll post pics once it comes in.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 1 2018, 11:54 AM) *

Me too. On cold rainy days I'll tumble mine in the dryer for a few minutes just to warm it up and then curl up in it.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 1 2018, 10:54 AM) *

Cool blankie for me, helps me sleep quicker at nights.
happy.gif
Sakiri
My regular blanket is a rather warm duvet. Super fluffy, but not overly heavy. Down replacement. Used to have a down one but didn't bring it when I moved. Opted instead to bring my fleece blanket.

As for projects, I started a scarf to match the mittens bf's mom made me for my birthday this year.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 2 2018, 09:16 AM) *

My regular blanket is a rather warm duvet. Super fluffy, but not overly heavy. Down replacement. Used to have a down one but didn't bring it when I moved. Opted instead to bring my fleece blanket.

As for projects, I started a scarf to match the mittens bf's mom made me for my birthday this year.

Ooh, I hope you take pictures of it too! I love a nice colorful/long/warm scarf! My favorite one looks like this:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping..._R&usqp=CAE

Sakiri
Well this one won't be too colorful. I have a single skein of yarn, and it's the lilac color she used to make my mittens.

my favorite color. :3
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 2 2018, 01:05 PM) *

Well this one won't be too colorful. I have a single skein of yarn, and it's the lilac color she used to make my mittens.

my favorite color. :3

D'aaaw!

Sakiri
Yeah biggrin.gif knitting is surprisingly fun.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 2 2018, 03:38 PM) *

Crocheting is fun too.

Sakiri
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 3 2018, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 2 2018, 03:38 PM) *

Crocheting is fun too.

Never done that, but I'd imagine it is.
mirocu
More carpentry work and more painting on the "new" car garage. It's starting to look real nice now, wish I could post pictures but it'll have to wait. Anyway, I'm very pleased with how it turned out happy.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 6 2018, 09:42 AM) *

More carpentry work and more painting on the "new" car garage. It's starting to look real nice now, wish I could post pictures but it'll have to wait. Anyway, I'm very pleased with how it turned out happy.gif

Bold: sad.gif

mirocu
Sorry, mALX kvleft.gif

Did a minor change to the "lumber yard" today. I removed all the planks etc, changed position of the front support beams (further back) and put everything back in a different order and more organized. Really pleased with the result. Now it's all more accessable and more protected against rain and snow.
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 7 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Sorry, mALX kvleft.gif

Did a minor change to the "lumber yard" today. I removed all the planks etc, changed position of the front support beams (further back) and put everything back in a different order and more organized. Really pleased with the result. Now it's all more accessable and more protected against rain and snow.

We need to find you a new photo site since Imgur decided to go crappy! I love seeing what you are doing, really feel like I'm missing out on the best part by not seeing it!

Sakiri
Imgur just changed it's layout, that's it. I have a feeling anything else he's having issues with are browser related.

Imgur is reddits image host. If there were major issues, they'd be on it like flies on horse dung.

That said, I know of no other image hosts that are free and not laced with ads that may or may not be full of bad stuff.
mALX
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 7 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Imgur just changed it's layout, that's it. I have a feeling anything else he's having issues with are browser related.

Imgur is reddits image host. If there were major issues, they'd be on it like flies on horse dung.

That said, I know of no other image hosts that are free and not laced with ads that may or may not be full of bad stuff.

Yeah, before they hijacked all out images, Photobucket got so full of adware/spyware that just looking at a screen on my own account loaded my PC up with malware.

SubRosa advised me years ago to go to a good paid site; but I couldn't afford it so went to Imgur at that time. I may have to pull my screens down from there too; certainly don't want to lose them all. Plus I've got my personal photos on Imgur = REALLY don't want to lose them!

SubRosa
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 7 2018, 05:17 PM) *

Yeah, before they hijacked all out images, Photobucket got so full of adware/spyware that just looking at a screen on my own account loaded my PC up with malware.

SubRosa advised me years ago to go to a good paid site; but I couldn't afford it so went to Imgur at that time. I may have to pull my screens down from there too; certainly don't want to lose them all. Plus I've got my personal photos on Imgur = REALLY don't want to lose them!

I think it is just your browser, not Imgur. Try it with Firefox.
Sakiri
I don't host anything on imgur that I don't have backed up somewhere.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 7 2018, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 7 2018, 05:17 PM) *

I think it is just your browser, not Imgur. Try it with Firefox.

Oh, I sure will! Thank you so much!!!

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 7 2018, 07:44 PM) *

I don't host anything on imgur that I don't have backed up somewhere.

That is really good advice, I intend to take it!

Sakiri
Biggest problem I have with backing stuff up now, is if I plug in my external HDD, my wireless mouse stops working.
mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 7 2018, 05:41 PM) *

We need to find you a new photo site since Imgur decided to go crappy! I love seeing what you are doing, really feel like I'm missing out on the best part by not seeing it!

----BREAKING NEWS -- BREAKING NEWS---

Seems like imgur is working for me again. Can't even notice any changes so I really don't know why I had issues earlier. Bob's your uncle.

So, special edition for mALX only! Well, for anyone who gives a crab biggrin.gif

New, improved garage/lumber yard
Front side
Back side
Inside

It required a few tricks in order to build it against the broken roof, but I did it. Much thanks to the saw I got smile.gif
Acadian
Wow, the 'Rocu outbuilding has really come along. When are you moving in? tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 8 2018, 04:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 7 2018, 05:41 PM) *

----BREAKING NEWS -- BREAKING NEWS---

Seems like imgur is working for me again. Can't even notice any changes so I really don't know why I had issues earlier. Bob's your uncle.

So, special edition for mALX only! Well, for anyone who gives a crab biggrin.gif

New, improved garage/lumber yard
Front side
Back side
Inside

It required a few tricks in order to build it against the broken roof, but I did it. Much thanks to the saw I got smile.gif

KAAAAABOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

You enclosed one side and made a room in there? When did you do that?

I love how neatly stacked your lumber is, that is Awesome !!!

Er, what the heck do you put in that cage in the back? Bears? That thing is huge!

PS: I noticed water damage around the bottom; you could build that raised up on a cement block to keep that moisture from damaging the shed. It would be colder in the winter in that interior room; but will add years to the shed's lifespan if the moisture isn't directly on it that way.

You really made my day with these pictures, thank you so much!!! I so love to see what you make from scratch that way; you are amazing! (and inspiring!)

haute ecole rider
I originally used Photobucket, but pulled all my stuff down when they went paid/premium. I am now using Flickr for my photo content. I personally hate Imgur because it doesn't display images large enough for me to see details, which is crap when it comes to things like Caption This and Where Am I? I like Flickr because I can link to the image at full screen resolution, with no ads. Not sure how everyone else sees them, but I sure like what I see on my monitor!
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 8 2018, 01:13 PM) *

Wow, the 'Rocu outbuilding has really come along. When are you moving in? tongue.gif

Probably never. It's a bit drafty and no central heating tongue.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2018, 03:12 PM) *

KAAAAABOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

Oops.

My bad... biggrin.gif

You enclosed one side and made a room in there? When did you do that?

It's the unused space between the old smithy and the garage. We decided to use it for our planks so we didn't have to have them on the ground under plastic canvas. This pic is from late May or so when I had started to plant Thujas. Here you can see aforementioned space.

I love how neatly stacked your lumber is, that is Awesome !!!

Thanks! It didn't look like that before though. I took it all out and rearranged it. Glad you approve smile.gif

Er, what the heck do you put in that cage in the back? Bears? That thing is huge!

That's my new squirrel storage wink.gif

Or rather; we wanted a wall there to protect the planks from the elements. If we hadn't, rain and snow would make harsh work on them. It's not as big as it may look either but a good place to perhaps have stumps that are too short for the regular storage but still usable for minor stuff.

PS: I noticed water damage around the bottom; you could build that raised up on a cement block to keep that moisture from damaging the shed. It would be colder in the winter in that interior room; but will add years to the shed's lifespan if the moisture isn't directly on it that way.

The shed, or old smithy, was built directly on the ground many decades ago. We know we have to do something about it and we will consult the guy who helped us build the tractor garage which can be seen in the background here. Pic taken last fall.

You really made my day with these pictures, thank you so much!!! I so love to see what you make from scratch that way; you are amazing! (and inspiring!)

Thank you so much for your kind words! You really made my day now! happy.gif

Btw, did you notice the new light-brown gate to the left? New for this year!
Dark Reaper
I'm still waiting on my Nerf Stryfe mod kit from China. Once that thing is 100% complete you guys will poop your pants.
biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 8 2018, 09:34 AM) *

It's the unused space between the old smithy and the garage. We decided to use it for our planks so we didn't have to have them on the ground under plastic canvas. This pic is from late May or so when I had started to plant Thujas. Here you can see aforementioned space.
took it all out and rearranged it. Glad you approve smile.gif

Oh, I finally get to see your trees! (and a wonderful shot of the driveway you made too!)

Wow, I didn't realize that was the same place = and you completely changed the front of that whole area by adding that wood storage in the middle that way! And now that I know where it is = holy cow, I just realized how you did the shelves for the wood; that is ingenious! Will that hold the weight of all that wood? Amazing that you thought of that!

But how in heck did you squeeze that roof in that little slot? Really Awesome job!

That's my new squirrel storage wink.gif

GAAAAAAAH !!!

The shed, or old smithy, was built directly on the ground many decades ago. We know we have to do something about it and we will consult the guy who helped us build the tractor garage which can be seen in the background here. Pic taken last fall.

Yes, on the gate; but didn't you post a pic of it when you first put it up? I think I remember seeing it before...or wait, didn't you at one point have some shooting practice set up near that gate?

Oh, and this shot shows your tent project too! I can't get over how much you have done there; you really made your mark of improving every property you have been a tenant of! Really love seeing all you do!

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 8 2018, 10:21 AM) *

I'm still waiting on my Nerf Stryfe mod kit from China. Once that thing is 100% complete you guys will poop your pants.
biggrin.gif

*mALX runs out and buys adult diaper in anticipation...*

Dark Reaper
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2018, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 8 2018, 10:21 AM) *

biggrin.gif

*mALX runs out and buys adult diaper in anticipation...*

Wise decision biggrin.gif.
Sakiri
Haha I wish I was as hands on a Miro but instead I do stuff like knitting.

Did I post a pic of my last blanket?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Sakiri @ Oct 8 2018, 12:06 PM) *

Haha I wish I was as hands on a Miro but instead I do stuff like knitting.

Did I post a pic of my last blanket?

Knitting is not hands on? Rocu’s building may be more physically demanding but knitting is no less a valid art.
mirocu
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2018, 05:02 PM) *

But how in heck did you squeeze that roof in that little slot?

I had to cut the metal sheets with a grinder and then just slot them in. Not so troublesome smile.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2018, 05:02 PM) *

Yes, on the gate; but didn't you post a pic of it when you first put it up? I think I remember seeing it before...or wait, didn't you at one point have some shooting practice set up near that gate?

I have not shown that gate here before since I had issues with imgur, and the gate is completely new for this year. So you can't have seen it. And no, no shooting there. Too close to the road and neighbours. I do have a small range in the wood and I use the space between the tent and the tractor garage for sighting in and hunting which I do from the cottage balcony. Having that gate ensures no one can just come in on me which eases my mind.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 8 2018, 09:46 PM) *

Knitting is not hands on? Rocu’s building may be more physically demanding but knitting is no less a valid art.

I think Saki does more carpentry than I do needle work biggrin.gif

And yes, I think we saw that blanket. The white, fluffy one, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.