Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elder Scrolls Online
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
King Of Beasts
I can't wait! It looks epic, and the best part is it should be available for PC AND Mac!

I'm so excited I could burst! -KoB blows up-
Darkness Eternal
Playable werewolves and vampires? Yes. Count me in.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 12 2013, 03:44 PM) *

I believe there is supposed to be playable werewolves and vampires. I CAN'T WAIT -dies of excitement-
King Coin
It looks like it'll be neat. I hope that players of any race can play together and don't have to be divided into the 3 alliances.
King Of Beasts
This thread is probably going to get locked or moved. I just realized you aren't supposed to create MMO threads in the RPG discussion area kvleft.gif
Kiln
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 13 2013, 03:34 AM) *

This thread is probably going to get locked or moved. I just realized you aren't supposed to create MMO threads in the RPG discussion area kvleft.gif

I kind of doubt it'll be moved or locked.

That post in the rules excluding MMO's was over six years ago and the author had no idea that there would be an Elderscrolls related MMO.

Also, the members here kind of take care of themselves. I can't remember the last time I saw a comment moderated.
Uleni Athram
If we're allowed to go freelance, then yeah, let's create a guild of Chorrol.com! Let's take the fight to all of them, and crown one of us as the Emperor! We shall tear apart this world, create anew amongst the old, and usher in an age of golden peace! We shall lay low the King of Rape, and he shall supplicate himself beneath the White Tower's gaze! Never sgain shall demons ascend to vex the mortal world! The divinty of our guild shan't be questioned, and all of them, all of the alliances, all of the daedra, they. Shall. Submit. We will BREAK all of those who stand in our way, and those who command false legions shall wither.

We are strong and forever more enduring, for are we not the representatives of the great Blue Oak of Chorrol? We are the seeds of that ancient and noble tree, and by our hands shall a new order bloom, and like the oak, it shall be steadfast, against all who would set themselves as obstacles. Under the banner of the Blue City, we shall conquer and divide this world so under the thumb of chaos.

Rise with me, brothers and sisters, and he and she among you that draws blade with me I shall take to glory unending, prestige unlimited, and history itself will moan your name forever.

*raises axe*

To red war.

*raises mace*

To butchery.

*raises sword*

To Unsundered Gates of Coldharbour itself.

*raises fist*

All in the name of peace.

NYAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

So sayeth Uleni Athram of the Kragenmoor Athrams.
--------------

Assuming of course, I get a computer that can handle a MMO, and they let you go freelance, and they let you create Guilds. *sighs*

I was listening to Two Steps From Hell, btw, and I just felt epic I had to make the atrocity up above.
King Coin
rollinglaugh.gif

I hope with the internet connection I have, I can play an MMO. 120kb/s wooo!
Illydoor
Chorrol was overrun by the unearthly forces of Molag Bal, their homes and livelihoods destroyed.

But not their spirit.

And in wake of the destruction, resilience sparks and grows. A band of adventurers, their origins spanning the entire breadth of Tamriel, united in one sole purpose to claim the once grand city in the name of humanity and retribution.

THE ALLIANCE OF THE CHORROL FORUM SHALL TAKE BACK THEIR HOME.
Uleni Athram
*Uleni bursts violently at Illydoor's post*

AND THE WORLD SHALL QUIVER AT OUR FOOTSTEPS.

THE CORE OF NIRN'S FOUNDATIONS SHALL QUAKE.

UNCONQUERABLE EVEN BY DEATH,

BY OUR HANDS, HISTORY ITSELF SHALL BE MADE.

WE ARE THE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF CHORROL,

AND BY THE GRACE OF THE OAK,

MOLAG BAL SHALL BE PUT TO THE SWORD,

AND HE SHALL FALL,

LIKE THE REST.

AND THE WORLD SHALL QUIVER AT OUR FOOTSTEPS!!
Arcry
The family Tharn must be cast from the ivory halls of White Gold! Their rule has grown corpulent much like the festering corpses their allies cast upon Nirn. And when the halls of White Gold have been cleansed of their corruption, the demon Bal will be cast from our plain! No longer shall his ilk vex and pollute our lands, our very homes!

Brothers and sisters of banner blue, I shall set my bow to bear against your enemies. For Life and Freedom.
Elisabeth Hollow
CALM DOWN, EVERYONE!

XD
Uleni Athram
And my axe shall be yours to command, brother! The Great Oak shall bloom again!
King Of Beasts
We shall join forces as shield brothers and sisters, and take back what is rightfully ours! The king of rape shall cower at our name!

Bit still, I'm very excited about ESO!
Elisabeth Hollow
Aw, what the heck?

-raises sword-

YEEEAAAH!
mirocu
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 13 2013, 12:44 AM) *

If you want that you can play Bloodmoon and VtM:B wink.gif

I´m solely an offline singleplayer kind of guy and will continue to be that. Though I must admit it sounds interesting smile.gif
Kiln
I think this thing will be so generic that it won't be worth playing. I'll change my opinion and admit if I'm wrong (I have before) but so far it looks pretty underwhelming.

The only thing I thought was really cool was the idea of being able to explore Tamriel and look at the different terrains and art styles.
Pseron Wyrd
As a long-time Elder Scrolls fan I can't not buy this thing when it comes out. In fact, I've signed up for the BETA. I haven't read much about it so I actually don't know if I'll like it or not, to be honest. I am optimistically un-optimistic about whether I might like this game.

It's no big deal one way or the other to me, frankly. What with GOG regularly offering unbelievably fantastic deals on some of the best single-player games in the history of gaming, I have no lack of games to play.
Lopov
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 8 2013, 06:41 PM) *

I´m solely an offline singleplayer kind of guy and will continue to be that. Though I must admit it sounds interesting smile.gif

Me too, I've never played any multiplayer game, except Civilization II years ago, but even that was with my brother, with me being in the first floor and him being in the 2nd floor of our house.
Destri Melarg
QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 20 2013, 12:41 PM) *

Me too, I've never played any multiplayer game, except Civilization II years ago, but even that was with my brother, with me being in the first floor and him being in the 2nd floor of our house.

Make that three of us. I hope Elder Scrolls online is everything that people want it to be, but I have absolutely no desire to play it.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 20 2013, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 20 2013, 12:41 PM) *

Make that three of us. I hope Elder Scrolls online is everything that people want it to be, but I have absolutely no desire to play it.

Four. I don't play online much.
King Of Beasts
I'm not the biggest fan of MMO's, but I think elder scrolls online is interesting...
Grits
I am completely ignorant of MMOs. From what I’ve seen, a person has to agree to meet up with friends’ characters ahead of time (which does not work for me) or just play with random strangers (which does not interest me)? I’d love to explore the environment, though. Probably through the miracle of YouTube. tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 20 2013, 08:20 PM) *

I am completely ignorant of MMOs. From what I’ve seen, a person has to agree to meet up with friends’ characters ahead of time (which does not work for me) or just play with random strangers (which does not interest me)? I’d love to explore the environment, though. Probably through the miracle of YouTube. tongue.gif

I can't even hope to play because of my computer. I'll probably sigh and moan over it via Youtube as well, lol
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 20 2013, 08:20 PM) *

The best way to play them is with people you know. So yeah you kind of do need to agree upon some time to play.
Darkness Eternal

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 13 2013, 12:44 AM) *

If you want that you can play Bloodmoon and VtM:B wink.gif

I played Bloodmoon to death. Vtm:B is a great game, but I like the newer ones. ES online is another step!
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 20 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Lol, I'll be the wierdo lurking on corners if you wanna play with someone you know rollinglaugh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 20 2013, 08:54 PM) *

Lol, I'll be the wierdo lurking on corners if you wanna play with someone you know rollinglaugh.gif

"Who's the idiot who keeps jumping around and running into walls?!"

"That's King of Beasts."

"Ohhhh....."

XD
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 20 2013, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 20 2013, 08:54 PM) *

"Who's the idiot who keeps jumping around and running into walls?!"

"That's King of Beasts."

"Ohhhh....."

XD

EXACTLY! rollinglaugh.gif
King Coin
I've been hearing that there will be a faction lock, so you can only play with people in the same faction basically... that's a turn off.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 23 2013, 03:19 PM) *

I've been hearing that there will be a faction lock, so you can only play with people in the same faction basically... that's a turn off.

What?! They better not do that mad.gif
Grits
I wonder if that means you can only wander freely in your faction's home area, or if there will be random opposing faction naughtiness occurring all over the map.
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 23 2013, 05:34 PM) *

I wonder if that means you can only wander freely in your faction's home area

This sounds like the case, except for the Cyrodiil region, I believe anyone can go there.

All in all, this makes me considerably less enthusiastic about the game.
King Of Beasts
Bethesda better not do any of that. I'm expecting ESO to be amazing.
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 23 2013, 07:41 PM) *

This sounds like the case, except for the Cyrodiil region, I believe anyone can go there.

This is what I recall from what little I have heard. Your character will be limited to adventuring in your faction's home territory, and they can go to Cyrodiil for pvp. But that is it. So your Nord can never go to Valenwood, or your Dunmer can never go to High Rock., etc...
Darkness Eternal
And we can't join Molag Bal! sad.gif
King Coin
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 23 2013, 08:19 PM) *

It isn't the same studio that makes the single player games... which is a good thing.

On one hand I see why, these factions are supposed to be at war. But on the other... this is a TES game! I want to be able to go where I want with who I want.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 23 2013, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 23 2013, 08:19 PM) *

It isn't the same studio that makes the single player games... which is a good thing.

On one hand I see why, these factions are supposed to be at war. But on the other... this is a TES game! I want to be able to go where I want with who I want.

Exactly! I understand that it's a different studio, but if they're going to put the title: Elder Scrolls on it, they better not make it like every other crappy MMO out there. It better be good!
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2013, 08:32 PM) *

This is what I recall from what little I have heard. Your character will be limited to adventuring in your faction's home territory, and they can go to Cyrodiil for pvp. But that is it. So your Nord can never go to Valenwood, or your Dunmer can never go to High Rock., etc...

Bo-ring.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 23 2013, 08:44 PM) *

Bo-ring.

I will be upset of the ESO sucks mad.gif
Kiln
QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 24 2013, 04:49 AM) *

Bo-ring.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't. Many attempts have been made (by several companies) to make the leap into the MMO world and most of them have been as quick to die as they were born.
King Of Beasts
Anyone have any news on when ESO is coming out?
Darkness Eternal
This year. No word on the exact date though.

You can sign up for the beta, though. I did.
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 24 2013, 05:42 PM) *

This year. No word on the exact date though.

You can sign up for the beta, though. I did.

Eh. I don't really wanna sign up for beta. I guess I'll jut wait.
jack cloudy
Me too, I'll wait.

And was that a dragon in the background? A tamed dragon?

The good stuff: Guitars! (and possibly lutes/flutes/drums etc.) Crafting whenever and wherever you want. At least for the simple stuff like cooking. Smithing might be limited to fixed crafting stations.

I liked the catapults, even if they only served as eyecandy and 'there is a war going on in case you didn't notice'.

Oh, and the way the hammer was held reminds me of Monster Hunter/God Eater/any other game where you run around murdering Cthulhu and turn his skull into a club so you can bash in King Kong's face next.
King Of Beasts
Some new feedback can be read about ESO Here
milanius
QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 24 2013, 06:49 AM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 24 2013, 04:49 AM) *

Bo-ring.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't. Many attempts have been made (by several companies) to make the leap into the MMO world and most of them have been as quick to die as they were born.

My thoughts exactly. If E.S.O. is anywhere near mediocre, I'll fall flat on my ass. Then again, I will probably lower my expectations and enjoy whatever little they leave for F2P-ers.
King Of Beasts
I don't have very high expectations for ESO, but I suppose time will validate or contradict my prediction kvleft.gif
Tellie
Of all the MMO's I've played only the Old Republic actually managed to do something for me...most likely beacuse the stories are quite good. Naturally as a long time TES fan I'll have to play it, and will definitely be down with creating a Chorrol.Com guild.

That said if anyone names their character Telina Delvanni I will be...sorely disappointed *charges fireball* Savvy? biggrin.gif

So yeah, when the game comes out look for my characters (Telina Delvanni, and Aurora Delvanni will be the names I will use)
King Coin
I'll probably try it, but we'll see how long I play it. A Chorrol.com guild would be awesome, but with the faction locks I don't know if we could actually do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.