Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wobbly Goblet Discussion Thread
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
Elisabeth Hollow
Oh...I already knew she was Swedish. but I guess there's no way for him to know that I know that. I wasn't picking on her, I was picking on KC.
Black Hand
Deleted.
Elisabeth Hollow
It always does, doesn't it? XD
Black Hand
Deleted.
Elisabeth Hollow
I did it at the dollar store all the time, lol.

"Okay, one fourteen hour shift, then six hours of sleep, and repeat again the next day, and the next..."

Except I never slept.

go to sleep.
Black Hand
Deleted.
King Coin
No I don't have a life.

@Rohirrim: I assumed that Sonita is a Khajiit. I'll edit if this is not correct.
Rohirrim
QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 19 2013, 11:25 PM) *

No I don't have a life.

@Rohirrim: I assumed that Sonita is a Khajiit. I'll edit if this is not correct.

Dead on. Did I not put her race? Ohhhhh lord was I tired when I wrote her sheet. Lol
King Coin
I couldn't find it actually.
Grits
Rohirrim, you did put Sonita’s race on her sheet. The problem was that her link got broken during thread cleanup. I fixed it, sorry about that!
Zalphon
Name: Raynil Sareth
Race: Dunmer/Argonian Hybrid (Explained in background)
Birth Sign: The Mage

Skin Color:
He has an ashen skin tone. It lends itself towards lighter shades, but it is certainly gray.
Eye Color: His eyes are a rich shade of scarlet, but the irises are flecked with a chalky white.
Hair Style: Raynil does not actually grow hair. From his head grow long spines that he allows to grow freely. They are very dark in color and look almost like those of an Argonian.
Hair Length: It reaches down to his shoulder-blades, but he seems ultimately unconcerned with the length.
Special Appearance: None.

Faction(s): Former Member of House Telvanni (Former Mouth of Mistress Therana).
Class: Dreamer
Class Description: Raynil’s madness has left him afflicted with the inability to distinguish reality from fantasy. More accurately, he genuinely has no ability to recognize that he is a unique individual. In the mind of Raynil Sarethi, he is Mundus. He believes that he is literally everything, even if he can not perceive it.

Major Skills: Raynil has always had a natural talent for the school of destruction, but ever since he has “recognized his true nature”, he has studied mysticism with great focus. Before his madness, he was said to be adept when it came to speaking; nobody is sure if that has been lost with the insanity.

Minor Skills: It was in his childhood that he learned to move undetected to some degree, if only to avoid the abuse of the Camonna Tong. Other talents he has acquired are the ability to compose rather elegant poetry and the ability to survive in the wilderness without the guidance of others.

Weapon(s): He carries no weapons.
Armor/Clothing: Raynil is garbed in the same outfit he wore so long ago as a Telvanni Mouth. The outfit as a whole has been tarnished through the years, as time brings ruin upon all things. The once midnight-black attire had faded to a dusky gray. The ends had become frayed from the abuse of their owner. It had simply been worn away.

The outfit was composed of the following articles of clothing:

-A large-brimmed hat made from the hide of a nix-hound.

-A duster of the finest wool. The lining of silk was actually enchanted to ensure that the wearer would always remain comfortable in all, but the most dire of temperatures.

-A long-sleeved shirt of cotton that had the word: “Mouth” embroidered in gold in the right breast.

-A belt made from the scales of a cliff-racer’s hide.

-Cotton pants.

-Boots made from the hide of a nix-hound.

Alchemical: He carries around no alchemical supplies believing that it is within his power to simply duplicate any effect that mere alchemy can produce.

Literary: He carries a diary and a special ink pen enchanted to always write in ink as black as ebony.

Misc.: He carries a necklace with tiny symbols of each Divine, Daedric Prince, and God he knows of. He considers this his way of remaining connected with the greatest beings that he regards as his children (as he is, in his own mind, a sort of father to everything that exists).

Biography:

Mehra Sareth was a lot like the usual thief. She did it not out of some desire to become a beloved folk hero or a mastermind who would be forever remembered—she did it, because she couldn’t afford to eat. So the girl survived by her guile and wit.

When times were good, she made a decent living simply swindling the unwary traveler. Mehra would often simply trick them in rigged games of chance or pickpocket a few coins or a piece of jewelry. Those were her usual methods.

When times weren’t so good, she had to resort to something she hated. She’d often end up selling her body to make end’s meet. Usually her clientele consisted of members of House Hlaalu and the Camonna Tong. That was until one of her Hlaalu clients demanded she “service” one of the slaves who had shown promise.

That slave was Gah-Mulan. It was with heavy heart that she ventured towards his slave quarters, but Gah-Mulan wasn’t like most of her other clients. In fact, he didn’t even ask it of her. The two just spoke for a few hours and then the Argonian said to his owner that she had been sufficient and he hoped to see her again.

It was because of that meeting that the two did in fact meet several times over the course of the next few months. However, the worst had come to occur. Mehra had become pregnant with the child of Gah-Mulan.

Upon discovery of this, the Argonian was tied to one of the giant mushrooms of the Odai Plateau with a wet leather strap before sunrise that was so tight, it nearly cut off circulation. It was by mid noon that he had suffocated as the leather constricted. Mehra was forced forth by the client who killed his prized slave to see what had happened to her lover and it was at that time that she broke.

When her son was born, she didn’t really love him. She was incapable of love. The woman simply was detached from emotion after losing Gah-Mulan, the only other person who had ever really cared about her. Despite how much she wanted to care about her son, she couldn’t love the thing that caused her to lose the only person she ever loved.

It was for her lack of concern with her son that she left him as an infant in the streets of Balmora and left his life forever. The Priests of the Tribunal Temple took care of him during his childhood, but he was never truly accepted. He was a burden that they tolerated and it was not difficult for them to turn a blind eye when he had returned to their sanctuary, beaten and bruised by the cruel xenophobes.

Raynil grew to hate life in Balmora. He prayed that the Tribunal would give him one chance—one opportunity to be free of it. He wished to be somewhere where he wouldn’t be hated for who he was; where he could be someone greater than he ever imagined. His prayers were answered when the Telvanni Mouth, Felisa Ulessen, arrived in Balmora to deliver news to the Tribunal Temple about Mistress Therana’s affairs.

It was with such passion that the young Dunmer pleaded to be taken to Sadrith Mora that the Telvanni Mouth felt a twinge of pity on the poor creature. So she agreed to bring him along to be tested to see if he could ever survive as one of their kind. Sareth eagerly left Balmora one last time—grateful to never have to return.

In Sadrith Mora, he learned quickly from the neophytes about the fundamentals of Magic Theory, Spell Law, and other sorts of things pertaining to their arcane craft. And over the years, he did in fact prove he was worthy of the title of Telvanni. His quick ability to learn spells distinguished him from others as a prodigy. That was something the Council took note of.

During his time in service to the Telvanni, he quickly ascended through the ranks with haste which was unexpected of someone so young. However, he was ruthless—he wasn’t concerned. He would be the greatest wizard to ever live and any who would dare oppose him would die.

That worked for him. At least until he came to service as the Mouth of Mistress Therana (after murdering Ulessen). Therana did not appreciate him as she should have and that irritated the young wizard. It was because of that, that he tried to usurp her position on the Council. That act failed miserably.

Therana effortlessly defeated him. But rather than kill him, she touched her hand to his head and uttered cryptic words. It was with those words that his power was lost and his mind cleared of its memories. Looking at the clearly lost and scared young man, she teleported him to the heart of the Ashlands in hopes that she would never see him again. Those hopes would come quite true.

Sheogorath and Vaermina were both drawn to such an opportunity to further their domains. Whispering into his ears as he stood in the waking world was Sheogorath, twisting his mind to make him believe that everything that had happened was testing him. It was all a way of showing him how strong he could be. And how he (Sheogorath) was the one to tell him the truth to it all. The Mad God told him that he literally was everything. He was just a personification of it all.

Raynil questioned it though. And when he felt unsure, Sheogorath made him believe through deception and trickery. Every question to poke a hole in the deceptions was met with a sly response of misdirection. Eventually—he couldn’t help but accept that he really was the reason that everything was.

It was when he dreamed that Vaermina let seeds of horror grow. Raynil watched as people endured unspeakable horrors. Every time he slept, that was all that he could imagine. Being unaware of the falsehood and believing he to be a literal manifestation of the universe itself, he believed he saw visions of what would be.

It was because of their actions that he came to a simple conclusion. He viewed the universe in the form of a tree. He knew that killing himself would only cut off but a single branch. So it was with a heavy heart that he began to plan a way in which he would unweave reality to save people from the hellish futures he saw. That was the only way he could save them from the unspeakable horrors.

Grits
Zalphon, I added Raynil to the character directory so his info will be easy to find.

mALX are you and Black Hand introducing a Clavicus Vile thread? I went back a page and saw Black Hand’s edit (Seth fell off a cliff and died, in case anyone else missed it).

Rohirrim, I think you might be the only one still posting in the tavern, but I’ll wait another day just in case anyone wants to get another night post in. Then unless I hear otherwise I’ll make a morning post tomorrow (Monday) to move the time forward.

Lol on the festival cleanup. I’m sure there’s lots of lovely gunk in the fish pond.
minque
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 22 2013, 01:38 PM) *

Zalphon, I added Raynil to the character directory so his info will be easy to find.

mALX are you and Black Hand introducing a Clavicus Vile thread? I went back a page and saw Black Hand’s edit (Seth fell off a cliff and died, in case anyone else missed it).

Rohirrim, I think you might be the only one still posting in the tavern, but I’ll wait another day just in case anyone wants to get another night post in. Then unless I hear otherwise I’ll make a morning post tomorrow (Monday) to move the time forward.

Lol on the festival cleanup. I’m sure there’s lots of lovely gunk in the fish pond.

Black Hand has left, you may have missed that.... sad.gif
Grits
Yeah, I did miss it. I read the cliff post last night and thought WTF is going on. Then I went back a page this morning and saw. sad.gif

Black Hand, I hate to see you go but I respect your decision. The Goblet is always open should you want to return.
King Coin
Withdrawn.
minque
Hmm I don't know if dear mALXie will do a rescue thingy..but she might..and yes of course there has to be permission if using someone else's charachter

Well this issue is hanging Serene in the void too! I think I'll have to put her to bed...OR kill her sad.gif

Elisabeth Hollow
Don't kill her!
Colonel Mustard
*Reads the last few posts in the Wobbly Goblet thread*

Er, what exactly is going on right now?
King Coin
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Sep 22 2013, 09:45 AM) *

*Reads the last few posts in the Wobbly Goblet thread*

Er, what exactly is going on right now?

Apparently Black Hand withdrew by editing one of his previous posts and had Seth walk off a cliff and die... Nobody (or very few) saw it until mALX posted.

I think we are going to move the thread to the next morning tomorrow unless everyone is done posting. Then it might be sooner.
Grits
Most of the characters have gone to bed, but Serene and Sonita are still in the tavern. There are some other folks who haven't posted in awhile so I'm giving them the rest of today (Sunday) before finishing the festival day. You don't have to post for your character unless you want to, I just want to give you the chance. smile.gif

I'll do a NPC post so everyone knows it's morning.

Abiene is going to wake up and probably go back to Chorrol after a post or two.

Whenever the hunters return I don't think we have to justify how long they've been gone or anything. Just come back when you're ready.

Added: Or like KC said, sooner if you want to do a morning post for your character and you have the time now.
Rohirrim
Oh, I intended that last post to be seen as a go-ahead for morning. Sorry.
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 22 2013, 09:33 AM) *

There are better ways to step out of a thread. And mALX, if you do want to keep doing a 'rescue Seth' story, you need to make a new thread for that.

EDIT: And make sure you have permission to use Black Hand's character.

Based on the PM's I received, it seems like every time I post on this RP I upset everyone somehow. Not sure how or why. I am seriously feeling like I am the only one not welcome to post on this RP, after all that hard work of making the Wobbly mod for you all to enjoy.

My post belongs on the Playground, as it was written in response to Blackie's post. I am not moving it to Grits's "Postcard" thread, or altering its contents.

I was told my character did not interact with anyone - yes she did. Eyja interacted with Maxical and Seth; both other characters. She interacted with Clavicus Vile, an NPC.

How many other posts interact solely with their own other characters or NPC's on the Playground? Abiene and Darnand; Irvana and Draken; Abiene and any of the NPC's at the Wobbly; Abiene and NPC's in Chorrol; etc. - I can count the posts if needed, it is a majority of them.

What about the posts where your characters are alone in a room, like Abiene's bath the other day? She didn't interact with anyone but herself, yet her post was valid. Then why is mine not?

I was also told my post was invalid because she wasn't on Wobbly property; but it is connected to a scene on the Wobbly. Based off numerous posts of Abiene in Chorrol, Lycus when he went to Hircine's realm, and the fact that Grits told me to post Eyja and Maxical at the Arcane receiving the portrait Abiene sent her (and I quote), "If it is connected to the Wobbly it belongs in the Playground."

** For anyone reading this, I am not singling out Grits's character Abiene in these examples for any particular reason other than she made a perfect example of how one person's posts are acceptable given the same criteria.

King Coin
mALX, nobody is upset with you. And I'm sorry if my post sounded hurtful to you, that was not my intention at all. sad.gif
Grits
mALX, I don’t know why you think everyone is upset at you. Rather than getting upset that you’re saying I’m upset, I’d like to just let it go as a misunderstanding.

Are you and Black Hand planning a rescue adventure? It sounded like he left the thread. If all of your planning was in PMs, you guys should make at least one post in the discussion thread so the other players know what’s going on. Otherwise it looks like you took over his character and brought him to a daedric realm from some other location, which of course would be way out of the scope of the Goblet’s main thread. Was your post meant to introduce a new plot that would be discussed and recruited for at the Goblet? A little explanation helps prevent a lot of confusion.

A general reminder (for all) that we’ve learned a lot in 800 some posts in the Goblet thread. Mistakes have been made, discussed, and learned from. Past exceptions aren’t permission for repeating them. Maybe reading a guideline for RP would be helpful here.

Oh, I should mention that when I say Abiene is going to Chorrol, I mean that’s she’s leaving the Goblet thread. I won’t be posting what she does in Chorrol, just her departure.

Everyone, it might be afternoon before I can post. Go ahead without me if you’d like. Yetta will be featuring pumpkin in her baked goods. smile.gif

mALX, I just saw your last edit. The rules are the same. I saw nothing offensive in KC’s post that you quoted. However, with each edit you sound increasingly upset. Perhaps a cooling off period would be beneficial.
mALX

The impression was given that everyone was upset by being told for numerous reasons including those listed in my comment above that I had to move my post to your "Postcards" thread because it doesn't belong here. I was told that something had to be done about it, it was disrupting everyone's posting.

Blackie has given me permission to do it, though I didn't realize I had to report that to everyone first. That post was to bring Seth back to life so Serene is not left hanging, and Blackie can return if he chooses. The post was already too long to bring him back to the Wobbly on it.

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 23 2013, 12:55 AM) *

A general reminder (for all) that we’ve learned a lot in 800 some posts in the Goblet thread. Mistakes have been made, discussed, and learned from. Past exceptions aren’t permission for repeating them. Maybe reading a guideline for RP would be helpful here.

This is probably where the issues come in with a noob RP'er. If there have been discussions, I was not privy to them unless they were brought up on here. I have read both your guideline at the beginning of this RP and the one Minque posted for all the RP's. Neither shows my posts in error, yet there seems to be quite a bit of discussion behind the scenes that they are.

People learn by example, and that is what I have done on this RP. I watched the experienced RP'ers (like DE and Grits); followed their example.

minque
mALX, you have not violated any rules IMO. My post regarding the over all rules is the one to follow. You have done that.....So no problems go ahead my friend...POST
mALX
QUOTE(minque @ Sep 23 2013, 05:43 AM) *

mALX, you have not violated any rules IMO. My post regarding the over all rules is the one to follow. You have done that.....So no problems go ahead my friend...POST

Thank you, Minque!

Grits
mALX, I’m talking about the discussions that happened here in this thread regarding the rules set out in the Players Guide and minque’s sticky.

minque, with respect I think that the rules set forth in this thread for the playground RP do apply. Specifically:

QUOTE(Grits @ May 16 2013, 12:03 PM) *

Code of Conduct:
3. Do not take control of another person’s character.

There is no question that mALX took control of Black Hand’s character. Now we’re hearing that she had permission. Yes, you need to mention this in the discussion thread first so the rest of us know what you’re doing, as minque suggests in the sticky.

QUOTE(minque @ Sep 23 2013, 05:43 AM) *

minque, are you saying that the hosts of RP threads can’t post their own rules in addition to your overall rules? That’s what it sounds like, but perhaps I’m misunderstanding what you mean. Did you just give mALX your permission to continue a daedric realm plot inside the Goblet playground thread?

I think it would be helpful to post your reply here in the discussion thread rather than a PM, since this concerns the how the forum is moderated as a whole.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 23 2013, 07:08 AM) *

mALX, I’m talking about the discussions that happened here in this thread regarding the rules set out in the Players Guide and minque’s sticky.

I read the sticky and your rules. I have Blackie's permission so have broken none.

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 23 2013, 07:08 AM) *

Did you just give mALX your permission to continue a daedric realm plot inside the Goblet playground thread?

There is no Daedric realm plot, I am not continuing to play in a Daedric realm! I already told you in my comment above all this that the post was already too long to bring him back or he would have been at the Wobbly. He was just brought there to save his life.

Here is my post:

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2013, 03:23 AM) *

The post was already too long to bring him back to the Wobbly on it.

mALX, I don’t know why you think everyone is upset at you.

Bingo.

A PM to me asking questions would have solved all this. Communication is key, and you are the host. If you have a question, my PM box is always open. You didn't avail yourself of it and I didn't know I needed to explain on here what would effect no other player. Serene and Blackie know, they are the only ones it affects.

I didn't know it was required by anyone except Blackie, me, and Serene. None of you all explain your plans on this thread except to those involved, and that is usually done by PM.

No one was put out by Seth's return to life any more than they noticed his death, it affected no one but Serene. This gives Serene a way to choose either to go on RP'ing or exit. It harms or intrudes on no one else's story.

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2013, 07:17 AM) *

mALX, I don’t know why you think everyone is upset at you.

Bingo.

A PM to me asking questions would have solved all this. Communication is key, and you are the host. If you have a question, my PM box is always open. You didn't avail yourself of it and I didn't know I needed to explain on here what would effect no other player. Serene and Blackie know, they are the only ones it affects.

I don't have a question. You've come out of the blue with this. It sounds like you're accusing me of creating drama behind your back. That couldn't be farther from the truth, and frankly it's disappointing.

I'd like for folks who are posting in the Goblet thread to follow the very open-ended rules that we founded this RP upon. That's really all I have to say about it.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 23 2013, 08:15 AM) *

I'd like for folks who are posting in the Goblet thread to follow the very open-ended rules that we founded this RP upon. That's really all I have to say about it.

And I have.

I don't understand why this was made into an issue to begin with if you had no questions; or why you were continuing to argue that I took control of Blackie's character after you knew I had his permission; or why you would still state to Minque that I was carrying out plots in a deadric realm after I explained fully that I was not doing anything but saving Blackie's life.

This was for both Serene and Blackie's characters, not for me.

Grits, I have always had the highest respect and opinion of you, but there is no doubt in my mind I did nothing to cause this latest issue that has riled you. You say you had no questions to PM me with, but managed some pretty harsh accusations on me in your comment to Minque, all of which had already been cleared up.

The thing about knowing someone for years, even on the internet - you know every nuance of the way they phrase their words. Every alteration that shows their change of mood. I could tell at the end of the Poison thread you were getting irritated over something, but never told me what. How do noobs learn if you don't communicate? How do people stay friends if you don't tell them when something is bothering you?

I've cared about you for years. I don't know what is going on with you with this RP, but I always thought we got along up till now. Every time I get on the RP, you and KC have had issues with me. I have bent over backwards to keep from offending either of you, and I don't know where else to go but out. I'll finish Blackie's post and do the Arcane posts - like I said, you have made me the only unwelcome RP'er on here.

I will say this though. If you had these issues with the way I RP and rather than as a friend come help me learn the right way, you bottled it up till you hurt a friendship with it - that is disappointing to me.

Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2013, 09:07 AM) *

I will say this though. If you had these issues with the way I RP and rather than as a friend come help me learn the right way, you bottled it up till you hurt a friendship with it - that is disappointing to me.

You are completely mistaken about this. I don't know how else to explain other than to say you have a very wrong idea about what I'm thinking and my intentions. That seems to have led you to make some wrong assumptions, and now personal accusations. Perhaps you might back up and think it through again. As it stands you are way off base.

Let's keep on topic. Do you still have questions about the rules set out in the Players Guide?

minque
So let's just go through this, shall we?

First, my pinned post, the overall rules of RP-ing
However, please behave. Be civil. Don't flame, don't spam, etcetera. Out of character discussion is allowed in role-playing threads, just as long as you don't break any of the rules of conduit, and as long as you don't start telling the role-players that their role-play is dumb. Any posts that are against the rules of conduit shall be deleted.

Feel free to have two threads dedicated to the same role-play at once: the role-play itself, and a discussion thread about what will take place next in the role-play. It is suggested that people discuss what they are going to do next in the role-play in the discussion thread. Why? Because most people don't like surprises, and sometimes it's better to plan ahead what you're going to do, especially if that event will greatly modify the course of things.

Then the Code of conduct for this RP, in the WG discussion thread
1. Remember your forum rules. Keep it PG-13, be courteous, no spamming.

2. The tavern thread is for IN character posts. Please keep other discussion in this thread.

3. Do not take control of another person’s character. For example: ‘Thirsty Hair-Back picked up Myelfindil and slammed him to the ground’ = NO. ‘Thirsty Hair-Back reached out to pick up the annoying elf, hoping to slam him to the ground’ = OK. Then Myelfindil’s player can decide what happens to him. Best to PM the other player or arrange it in this thread if you plan to pick a fight, though. (This actually falls under number 1 be courteous, but I thought it deserved further mention. )

4. Feel free to write the NPCs into your posts, especially if they are not busy (no one else is writing for them at the moment). That way your character won’t have to sit there waiting for their drink. Just keep them in character, please, and remember you’re writing from your character’s point of view, not the NPC’s.

In general those quotes say the same! No conflict really...

I know that many of you communicate via PM, that's ok but as Grits said it's better to write in the discussion thread, so everybody will know.

Sooo mALX you did not break any rules here written...except you didn't tell us afore that you had Blackie's permission..Honestly I was sure you had it, otherwise you would,t have posted, right?

PMs are good but in RP it's far better to speak out in the OOC-thread, then we can avoid sad misunderstandings!

I was part of the foundation of the RP section, I was asked to set the rules, so anyone can set their own rules AS LONG AS they don't interfere with the main ones, which the rules here HAVE NOT!

So mALXs post stays! Regard it as a parenthesis..continuation can take place when Blackie returns!

Serene who is really dependant of Seth, will solve the problem, in the morningof th RP.

I intend to introduce Rianne Velas....and if mALX agrees she can meet Maxical and Eyija at the Arcane university...to start with maybe in a separate thread, if the Hosts like that more. I am open for suggestions
Grits
Thanks for clearing that up, minque! smile.gif

And yes, an RP that takes place in another location deserves its own thread.
Elisabeth Hollow
No one said anything when Irvana and Kayla's trip to Chorrol took up a whole page. I guess I'll file that piece of info away for later, though, since it's a big no-no.
King Coin
Again, everything that happened got blown out of proportion. Nobody said anything unkind to anyone. I could elaborate more on what happened but that wouldn't be constructive. It seriously can be summed up as a bad case of misunderstanding with high emotions mixed in. Let us please drop it.
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 23 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Again, everything that happened got blown out of proportion. Nobody said anything unkind to anyone. I could elaborate more on what happened but that wouldn't be constructive. It seriously can be summed up as a bad case of misunderstanding with high emotions mixed in. Let us please drop it.

Good suggestion and phrasing, KC.
Grits
Thanks for moving the time up, folks. smile.gif

Here's our...

Grits

~Autumn Bill of Fare~

Small Plates
Cheese with Apple Slices and Jazbay Grapes
Potato, Leek, and Onion Pie
Steamed Mudcrab Legs with Drawn Butter
Cheese and Crackers with Snowberry Preserves
Cheese

Dinners
Roast Mutton
Chicken Dumplings
Filet of Colovian Beef
Grilled Slaughterfish

Dinners are served with hot rolls, mashed potatoes, roasted onions, corn relish, butternut squash, and gravy.

Sweets
Pumpkin Pie
Blackberry Crumble with Cream
Apple Tart
Juniper Berry Crostata

~From the Bar and Cellar~

Fortified Drinks
Comberry Brandy
Colovian Brandy
Cyrodilic Brandy
Flin
Stros M’Kai Rum

Beer, Mead, and Ale
Pumpkin Spice Beer
Ashfire Mead
Honningbrew Mead
Argonian Ale
Wobbly Stout

Wine
Comberry Wine
House Wine (It’s Cheap)
Mulled Wine (Cheap with Spices)
Firebrand Wine
Surilie Brothers Red
Tamika’s West Weald White

Nonalcoholic Beverages
Apple Cider
Ginger-Root Beer
Kahve (Hot or Chilled)
Milk
Tooth’s Nightshade Tea
Yetta’s Blackberry-Alkanet Tea
Yetta's Orange-Arrowroot Tea

Uleni Athram
HJLABIR SEES MILK. HE APPROVES.

Honestly, I'm surprised no one called him a gigantic milk drinker yet. tongue.gif
mALX

Adopt-A-Noob

My Suggestions For The Treatment of Noobs on RP's

A member on this RP was kind enough to send me a very nice helpful hint yesterday in a PM. Since I joined the Wobbly on June 4, 2013, that is the very first PM I've received offering any tip or advice.

This came from a member I have not RP'd with, which makes it that much more novel. He also kindly offered to help me further with a few lessons.

This was priceless to me. Here is the tip he gave me:

Just for future reference, when something… unusual like what happened, it’s best to just make an OOC post on the discussion thread letting everyone know what’s up smile.gif

That is what a friend does, when they see someone floundering in a new environment, they lend a hand.

It can be very intimidating to walk into a new medium of play. You’re not sure how it’s done, rules are ambiguous or abstract in your mind before you know what they mean in practice. You walk in knowing you will make mistakes and hoping those you RP with will give you a little guidance.

If you are actually RP'ing with a noob and they are messing up, they don't know it unless you tell them they are. If you keep ignoring their mistakes, never saying a word except how much fun you are having, that noob is going to be making the same mistakes three months later when they try to RP with someone else and then wonder why everyone is suddenly jumping on them.

Here is a good example of what I am saying. Here is the rule:

Do not take control of another person’s character. For example: ‘Thirsty Hair-Back picked up Myelfindil and slammed him to the ground’ = NO. ‘Thirsty Hair-Back reached out to pick up the annoying elf, hoping to slam him to the ground’ = OK. Then Myelfindil’s player can decide what happens to him. Best to PM the other player or arrange it in this thread if you plan to pick a fight, though. (This actually falls under number 1 be courteous, but I thought it deserved further mention

I read this before I ever stepped onto the boards to post. How do I as a noob see/understand this?

To me (as a noob) it is saying you ( I ) can't harm another player without their permission. Well, I didn't have to worry about that, my characters are almost pathologically non-violent, they'd never attack another player.

This is what I am talking about ambiguous and abstract. I didn't know it meant anything other than stated.

Then is this taking control of another character? I still don't know, 3 months after writing the below:

My character walks into the room and the other person is helpless on the floor, sweating, puking, has diarrhea, and is covered in it.

She went back to Abiene's room and all but carried her into the other guest room.

Eyja stripped Abiene's clothing off and helped her into the tub, then soaped up the sheet square and scrubbed her briskly with it. She lathered the soap in her hands and gently bathed the sweat and vomit from Abiene's hair with it, then heated the ewer water and poured it over her.

She glanced through the dresser and found a cotton robe that she patted Abiene down with; then yanked back the sheets and helped Abiene into the bed and gave her another potion for her stomach, a very strong healing potion and one to restore her magicka.

In my noob mind, I am helping the person that made themselves helpless on the floor; really couldn't think of what else to do. Was I taking control of that person? I still don't know.

** If nothing is said to a noob when they make an error, they will never know they made it; and they will keep making it.

** There is no way to justify getting angry at a noob for doing something they were never told was wrong; especially if you have RP'd with that noob.

If you see a noob make an error on the RP, it is obvious they need guidance. Someone RP'ing with that person can give them a gentle heads up, but if no one does then it is up to the Host to provide guidance.

1. Never discuss it with anyone but the noob themselves.
2. Be kind.
3. Explain what the error was.
4. Suggest constructive ways to fix it.

The most courteous way for anyone to let a noob know they are in error would be to PM them when you first see the error. If you let it go repeatedly, the error becomes habit to the noob because they don't know it is wrong.

The reason I suggest PM's rather than raking them over the coals on the Discussion thread:

1. Because it is respectful of them
2. Because it is what a friend would do, and that is what we are supposed to be to each other on this site.

No one likes to be called up on a board and have their error displayed while they get chewed out by an angry mob while they are STILL left in the dark as to what exactly they did wrong.

When you make public any issues of error with a noob, call for new rules to be made due to their posts, etc - You create an environment of drama. If only one person is in error, they should absolutely be dealt with in a PM only. The noob should not be drawn before all the other members for an error, the Host has a duty to the members not to disrupt the whold RP over one member's mistake.

We should all know what it's like to be new, though some tend to forget how it is to step into a new environment for the first time. Noobs need the help of the experienced role-players. Lend them a hand. If you are not willing to do that, then any anger at them if their mistakes continue is unjustified.

Role-play is supposed to be a fun form of escape for you and your fellow players. It should never, ever be stressful or full of unwanted drama.

This thread says it was set up for everyone at Chorrol, and that is going to include some noobs. The thread welcomes them in, make sure they continue to feel welcome by helping them learn.

Train up your noob in the way they should go.

Grits
mALX, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I planned to post Abiene’s exit, but instead I’ll just put it here. Abiene and Darnand have both left the Goblet.
Elisabeth Hollow
I like your suggestions, mALX. Common decency would say to point out any booboos in private instead of in public.
King Coin
Just to confirm, it is morning in the main thread correct?
Grits
Yep.
mALX

Hey KC, I moved Maxical out of the hallway and into the suite so you could post.

King Coin
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2013, 04:36 AM) *

Hey KC, I moved Maxical out of the hallway and into the suite so you could post.

Ok thanks. Since you just wanted to finish up with Serene, I didn't want Aravi to run into her and start talking.
mALX
QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 25 2013, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2013, 04:36 AM) *

Ok thanks. Since you just wanted to finish up with Serene, I didn't want Aravi to run into her and start talking.

Lol, I knew that - why I moved her.
Elisabeth Hollow
In case I don't return before the other RP is over (I expect it to be going on forever, though, like all the other RPs on here)

I'm taking a break. Don't know how long. More than a week, for sure. A few things have gotten me thinking on here, and I'm going to be taking my own advice and shutting the computer off and concentrating on other things. Y'all will hardly notice I'm gone.
Grits
A quick note, our introductory post has been updated for clarity. That’s the first post in this thread.

I’ll be out of touch for a few days. Back early next week. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.