Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wobbly Goblet Discussion Thread
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 15 2013, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 15 2013, 08:12 PM) *

Lol, this is what happens to your character if you go on vacation for two weeks with instructions left for me to "drag my character anywhere you want..." laugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif I love it!

OK, I'm making a reply from Abiene right now. Hopefully I'll finish tonight, lol.

Maxical really ran from the Guild because I was afraid you'd be mad at the way she drug her there, lol. She was getting out of Dodge before Abiene woke up angry at what had happened to her, lol.

Grits
You should have seen me trying to read this forum on my phone at the beach during a storm with one intermittent bar of service and like 8% power left. I get emails that someone has posted but couldn’t get my phone to load the page!! panic.gif It was killing me, lol.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2013, 01:07 AM) *

Stephania would be a good candidate, since she was feeling so strange and disappeared right after waking up from her night with DE's character. It could have been his character worked mind control on Stephania (?) and that she knows all about professional poisons too - but who would have been the intended target?

Irvana isn't part of the Dark Brotherhood. She doesn't have a target and neither did she intent to poison anyone. I suppose she's out of the picture when it comes to being the guilty, I was thinking of making her a victim but I was saving her to be involved with the necromancer plot if we decide to do it.

Stefania being the culprit would be interesting, but if we decided to make her the person behind it be sure that Irvana's going to try and protect her.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 15 2013, 09:16 PM) *

You should have seen me trying to read this forum on my phone at the beach during a storm with one intermittent bar of service and like 8% power left. I get emails that someone has posted but couldn’t get my phone to load the page!! panic.gif It was killing me, lol.

Might be lucky you couldn't see it, you might have been screaming and cursing on the beach. "What the ___ is she doing to Abiene!"

ROFL!
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jul 15 2013, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2013, 01:07 AM) *

Stephania would be a good candidate, since she was feeling so strange and disappeared right after waking up from her night with DE's character. It could have been his character worked mind control on Stephania (?) and that she knows all about professional poisons too - but who would have been the intended target?

Irvana isn't part of the Dark Brotherhood. She doesn't have a target and neither did she intent to poison anyone. I suppose she's out of the picture when it comes to being the guilty, I was thinking of making her a victim but I was saving her to be involved with the necromancer plot if we decide to do it.

Stefania being the culprit would be interesting, but if we decided to make her the person behind it be sure that Irvana's going to try and protect her.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting ... I was just throwing it out there. Actually, it has been established that Eyja has the Dark Brotherhood after her, it can just be an assasin from the Dark Brotherhood that slipped it in the tea she ordered, but then Maxical came in and she never picked up her tea - Abiene did.

(Unless Grits wants Abiene to be the target, in which case I will bow to whatever she says, since I'm the one that got her into this sticky situation embarrased.gif )

Please don't be upset, DE; I was just asking if anyone wanted to step up and be the poisoner, not pinning it on anyone - would never do that.

Darkness Eternal
I am in no way upset, hehe. I was just giving the reasons why Irvana wouldn't be really a good match. She's not the type to go around poisoning tavern goers.

So Dark Brotherhood assassin, huh? This is bad. I sense an investigation plot coming up!

King Coin and Kayla, I promise I will get back to you today so we can wrap up this vampire quest.
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jul 16 2013, 07:30 AM) *

I am in no way upset, hehe. I was just giving the reasons why Irvana wouldn't be really a good match. She's not the type to go around poisoning tavern goers.

So Dark Brotherhood assassin, huh? This is bad. I sense an investigation plot coming up!

King Coin and Kayla, I promise I will get back to you today so we can wrap up this vampire quest.

Too bad I didn't stick the sound box of murders and screams coming from the guest room at the Wobbly Goblet like I originally planned, ROFL!!

I didn't mean to suggest Irvana would, I was actually considering Stephania because Irvana didn't come downstairs till much later on anyway, and Stephania was acting weird and hasn't been seen since.

Then again, Stephania is one of Grits's characters, and I already poisoned poor Abiene and dragged her through town, don't want to turn another of her characters into the one that did it, lol.

Poor Grits, she'll never feel safe to go on another vacation and leave me in charge of one of her characters again (or not without explicit instructions next time), lol.

Black Hand
Notes all the Assassiny intrigue goin on.

I should note Seth is also a master Alchemist. Especially in Skyrim, I actually pursued that skill far more than the others, and they naturally leveled with exploration and the like.

Now I'm wondering if I should have done the Skyrim version of Seth...more common ground there. IDK if you allow retconning, but the difference would be minute, just his age really. It would jump to 230-ish, but is supported by the Morrowind Neravarine being unaging and immune to disease, which is pretty commonplace for OB and Skyrim enchantments anyways I've noticed.

That and having modified Chitin Armor as Morag Tong armor is in fact pretty loreful.

Please Note, I use a mod that adds 'classes' to Skyrim, so it's based on having six primary skills, and advancing 10% faster in that skillset, as well as having a preferred attribute, Health, Stamina or Magicka.
    Oppan, Skyrim Style!
  • Sneak
  • One Handed
  • Archery
  • Light Armor
  • Alchemy
  • Lockpicking
Master of all and the relevant perks, such as Sneaks "Assassin's Blade" which grants a x15 (really, Bethesda?) bonus to a sneak attack with a dagger and next to invisible in the shadows.

As Chameleon has been eliminated in Skyrim so the closest translation to the I guess 'lesser power' granted for completing the Morag Tong sidequest in Morrowind, Mephala's Skill would best be translated into that. Plus invisibility potions are fairly easy to make. Vampire Dust and Luna Moth Wing. I did like how they made invisibility less of an uber trait in Skyrim.

I also wasn't fond of the discontinuity between short blades and long blades in Morrowind, so One-Handed actually makes sense.

Can do the whole slow-time zoom-in thing with the Archery.

Snake-Blood grants a 50% resistance to poison, cuz they actually have real poison now!! And can pretty much identify anything and craft crazy potions via some mods I use.

And yeah, unless it requires a key, he could pretty much pick his way through any door.

I *don't* like how they eliminated Night-Eye as a spell in Skyrim, so I actually edited a Morag Tong Helm as having constant effect Night-Eye, as the thing looks like something Sam Fisher would wear.

Screenies next for visual concept.

IPB Image

Lookin good for possibly suddenly aging 200 years, XD.

IPB Image

How he would be seen for casual encounters.

IPB Image

This the Helm with the Night-Eye. Used normal one for screen purposes.

IPB Image

A front view of the overall armor.

IPB Image

And zeh back.

IPB Image

Wouldn't walk into a bar wearing that helm mask, unless he was on a mission or couldn't see nothing. He would wear this hood for traveling in the cold and rain and the like.

So, votes? Retcon, or I am moron?

It rhymes, that's why..

Edited to Add: It doesn't necessarily have to be during or after the events of Skyrim. Maybe a couple of decades prior, which would fit in with the reason he's there and the general location. Plus the whole, 'Parallel Times' thing...or I'm overthinking this...I do that.
Grits
Black Hand, I think you should do whatever version of Seth you like, or even some combination if that would better suit the present situation. I think of the Goblet as sort of in its own version of Tamriel where our characters’ games and stories can have as little or as much to do with this aspect of them as the writer/player likes. It’s more of a venue or a jumping off point than its own storyline. A place where characters from Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, (and before) might meet to celebrate Old Life Festival, for example. Or to duel over by the fish pond. Or go kill some necromancers and then argue over their remains. Whatever you like.

Of course that leaves the chance that we might have nine Nerevarines, eight Champions of Cyrodiil, and seven Dragonborns in there at the same time all arguing about what year it is. I confess my only plan for that is to hope we can avoid too many specifics. ohmy.gif

Btw, Skyrim Seth looks amazing.

On Stefania and the other Goblet NPCs, go ahead and have fun everyone, but remember to let them get back to work eventually. So if someone wants Stefania to poison someone, just go get her out of prison when you’re done. tongue.gif

Oh, on another note: should we split our poisoning mystery into its own thread? Anyone could still join in at any time by just showing up in Chorrol.

(I’ve been in meetings all morning. Ugh. I hope I’m making sense.)
Black Hand
Then Fzzzaaappp!! The Dragon Break has made it so!

Which is nice, as Skyrim is...easier to translate.

And now, the pun I've been waiting to make.

Am I too understand a Slayer has caused some heavy metal poisoning?

I think a separate thread may well work out, I vote for yay, solely if the others are interested.
mALX
I'm game for whatever everyone else decides on the poisoning story, who wants to be involved in it? Will Jerric and Darnand be coming to help?

DE was right that some investigation will take place at the Wobbly Goblet. Eyja has to return there for that charcoal on the bar. She could skulk around quickly and find some poisoned apples, or someone else could find them (hopefully just notice they are a brighter red or something, not eat them and die, lol).

They could mention them to Eyja or to someone else in Eyja's hearing (thereby joining the investigation).

Eyja is also going to have to search for the missing Maxical soon, which would def be in a seperate thread anyway.
Grits
Good plan.

I've just been called out for an emergency beer across the street. Not sure how tonight is going to end. I'll start a new one with Abiene's reply or you or someone else can if you like. Don't want to hold you up! smile.gif

I'm sure A will call D and get J involved.

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 16 2013, 05:53 PM) *

O I C!
Black Hand
Oh wait, I haven't formally requested.

May I join the Mystery of the Poisoned Healer?
Elisabeth Hollow
Stefan will want to, too, if only to be a greedy leech on details XD
mALX
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 16 2013, 07:10 PM) *

Oh wait, I haven't formally requested.

May I join the Mystery of the Poisoned Healer?

WOO HOO! I was hoping you would!

@ Grits - How does one get called out for an emergency beer? I would like to sign up for that option, and I don't even drink.

"I'm sorry, I won't be into work today. I've have been called out for an emergency beer. Look for me to be a little late tomorrow, and to use the restrooom frequently when I finally show up..."

mALX
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jul 16 2013, 07:15 PM) *

Stefan will want to, too, if only to be a greedy leech on details XD

WOO HOO! I hoped he would!

DE, do you want someone at the inn to save Irvana from eating poison food or drink?
King Coin
DE, Elisabeth: I think the two of you forgot there were 3 vampires in that room.

And were all the skeletons actually killed? huh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Ha!! We did! Oh crap!!

And not by Kayla's sword blast, they just ran into each other.
King Coin
Then it is hardly time to make plans for the rest of the cave then. We have one vampire, and 2 skeletons minimum to take care of. Aravi destroyed 1 skeleton while she was mostly debilitated by the blinding light. Her night vision made the explosion especially hard.

And DE: No time for a trap and no need to lure the rest of the cave to them. They are coming fast. The vampires that Vera woke prematurely make sure of that.

And everyone: Please control yourselves, godlike characters are no fun. No more explosions from that sword Elisabeth.
Elisabeth Hollow
Dawnbreaker rarely does that unless Kayla's pissed off. She'll calm down as soon as the vamps start coming.

Edit: I also fully plan on Kayla becoming wounded, so don't you daretalk to ME about god-like characters, KC! XD
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 17 2013, 12:28 AM) *

DE, do you want someone at the inn to save Irvana from eating poison food or drink?

I'll PM you about this.

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 17 2013, 12:32 AM) *

DE, Elisabeth: I think the two of you forgot there were 3 vampires in that room.

And were all the skeletons actually killed? huh.gif
Oh my . . .

Major edit post needs to be done.

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 17 2013, 12:41 AM) *

Then it is hardly time to make plans for the rest of the cave then. We have one vampire, and 2 skeletons minimum to take care of. Aravi destroyed 1 skeleton while she was mostly debilitated by the blinding light. Her night vision made the explosion especially hard.

And DE: No time for a trap and no need to lure the rest of the cave to them. They are coming fast. The vampires that Vera woke prematurely make sure of that.

And everyone: Please control yourselves, godlike characters are no fun. No more explosions from that sword Elisabeth.

The plan may yet work with them rushing into the chamber. One can remain in the open, and two can conceal themselves.

Darkness Eternal
If anyone wants to interrupt Lycus, go right ahead. He's just having a private moment. 'Didn't want to leave him out of the RP when his wife is doing all the hunting with Aravi and Kayla.
King Coin
QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 16 2013, 06:41 PM) *

Sorry Elisebeth, I did not mean to single you out.

This applies to Vera too DE! She seemed OP when she already knew there was a vampire behind her. There was just a loud, bright explosion in there. With her enhanced senses, that would only play more hell on her than it would a normal person. I'm not suggesting an edit, I'm just saying keep it in mind for future battles, ok?

Also: This is my first time in an RP so do let me know about what I am doing as well.
Grits
OK, WG-TMotPH is up. I was vague about where Abiene got the tea and I can change it if that's going to be a clue. smile.gif

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jul 16 2013, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 16 2013, 05:53 PM) *

O I C!

l o l tongue.gif
Grits
Also for TMOTPH, first of all YAY everyone who wants to play!!

Abiene has to run around in Chorrol a little and then decide where she’ll settle for the cure. She’d listen to Eyja’s advice on that.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 17 2013, 09:40 AM) *

Also for TMOTPH, first of all YAY everyone who wants to play!!

Abiene has to run around in Chorrol a little and then decide where she’ll settle for the cure. She’d listen to Eyja’s advice on that.

TMOTPH ... hmmm, "to mother phucker that did this to my character's roleplay?" Oh wait, no R.

Abiene can do anything she wants once the blue is gone from the whites of her eyes (which it will be by the end of her healing session from the last posts on the Wobbly thread). But she may find herself running to the urn every now and then.

3X daily for (3 days to 1 week) she has to do a thorough healing and drink a potion (or eat a combination of those raw ingredients) - Before breakfast/lunch/dinner would be perfect timing, though she doesn't need to eat afterward (and may not have a big appetite after that potion).

For the next few days the whites of her eyes will sometimes show that blueish tint as a clue she needs to stop whatever she is doing and do the healing/drink a potion.

The only reason she will need to hide out anywhere would be if she is afraid, and the Mages Guild or chapel would be a good spot for that (Teekeeus won't let anyone in there, lol) - but she doesn't have to hole up for the cure.

Black Hand
mALX!!

My virgin ears!!

Oh wait, I curse like a sailor with tourettes that moonlights as a trucker.

So mystery is in motion. Where do I come in and what capacity I am pondering? Im gussing Eyja needs to inform me something is amiss.
mALX
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 17 2013, 02:00 PM) *

mALX!!

My virgin ears!!

So mystery is in motion. Where do I come in and what capacity I am pondering? Im gussing Eyja needs to inform me something is amiss.

Lol, when I was reading Grits's post in my email box notices - I was pretty sure that bunching of letters was some form of cursing me out (till I noticed the new thread, lol).

If Seth doesn't join in before Eyja gets to him, Eyja will seek him out when she goes to the inn for that charcoal. He is the only one who would understand the implications of that particular poison being used.

Also Eyja knows he is from another Province and may possibly have some of those Morrowindy ingredients on hand to sell her.

Corkbulb root
Netch Leather
Scrib Jelly
Scamp skin
Kwama cuttle
Ash yam

Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 17 2013, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 17 2013, 02:00 PM) *

mALX!!

My virgin ears!!

Lol, when I was reading Grits's post in my email box notices - I was pretty sure that bunching of letters was some form of cursing me out (till I noticed the new thread, lol).

If Seth doesn't join in before Eyja gets to him, Eyja will seek him out when she goes to the inn for that charcoal. He is the only one who would understand the implications of that particular poison being used.

Also Eyja knows he is from another Province and may possibly have some of those Morrowindy ingredients on hand to sell her.

Corkbulb root
Netch Leather
Scrib Jelly
Scamp skin
Kwama cuttle
Ash yam

Oo! Lycus can help too if you want. Hes lived off of kwama, scribs and ash-hoppers for three years. He sure knows how poison can be used. Seth/Lycus team up would be good.
Grits
The Morrowind ingredients were a great idea! Abiene had to think of her Dunmer boss as a source of ingredients or she’d sound like a complete dimwit, but I don’t plan for her to get much from him. One withered up ash yam or something. Also with Sethyas being an alchemist I’ll delay Jerric and Darnand arriving. She has no idea where they are or if they’re even together. (Just that D will be able to reach J.)
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 17 2013, 03:32 PM) *

The Morrowind ingredients were a great idea! Abiene had to think of her Dunmer boss as a source of ingredients or she’d sound like a complete dimwit, but I don’t plan for her to get much from him. One withered up ash yam or something. Also with Sethyas being an alchemist I’ll delay Jerric and Darnand arriving. She has no idea where they are or if they’re even together. (Just that D will be able to reach J.)

GAAAAH! I was dying to see Jerric in action, lol.

** Casta Scribonia has not seen Maxical since she was bringing Abiene upstairs in the Mages Guild, by the way.

Eyja was kind of a hypocrit telling Abiene to not worry about patients in one breath and then pushing two on her in the next, lol.

Black Hand
Aaaaawwwww!!!

I wanted my terrible pun to the be the title:

Slayer causes heavy metal poisoning.

Shucks!!

Edited to add: I am only joking! Don't do it!
Elisabeth Hollow
Don't delay J and D! :[
mALX
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 17 2013, 07:32 PM) *

Aaaaawwwww!!!

I wanted my terrible pun to the be the title:

Slayer causes heavy metal poisoning.

Shucks!!

Edited to add: I am only joking! Don't do it!

I think the title could be "Dimwitted newb to RP'ing inadvertently causes heavy metal poisoning," lol.
Elisabeth Hollow
No, it was interesting!! It NEEDED something interesting going on, since the BRC is going agonizingly slow.
Grits
Oh I love the poison mystery! smile.gif

Jerric would not be much help in this situation. His idea of an investigation would be to punch everyone in County Chorrol until they admitted they did it. That might not go over well with the other customers. Then we would need another new thread: WG - Brawlers In Prison.

Elisabeth Hollow
Aw.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 17 2013, 08:38 PM) *

Oh I love the poison mystery! smile.gif

Jerric would not be much help in this situation. His idea of an investigation would be to punch everyone in County Chorrol until they admitted they did it. That might not go over well with the other customers. Then we would need another new thread: WG - Brawlers In Prison.

ROFL!! I very much picture Jerric doing this, lol.

Darkness Eternal
Geez. She just poured out a giant story and all I get is a mini post from you, Liz? You must be punished!
Elisabeth Hollow
My computer battery went kaput, so I had to rush it. Sorry...
Elisabeth Hollow
DE, this cave is taking too long. Would you mind of our next posts are finishing it up? I know you wanted to do something special with it, but KC and I are getting impatient and want to get back to the Goblet.
Darkness Eternal
You obviously didn't read my other posts, did you? laugh.gif Why did you think Vera wanted to lure all the vampires into one room so we can take them all out at once? So we can dust off and get back to the Goblet asap. I want to go back to the Goblet, probably more than you do at this point.

My special thing with the cave quest was just that. Kill the vampires and return succesful. That's all I need. cool.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Awesome. If I can find my computer charger,Kayla will amuse Vera more with her comical fighting style.
King Coin
Just an FYI the rest of the vampires are coming. Aravi would like to know if either Vera or Kayla need a quick healing before the rest arrive.
Elisabeth Hollow
Kayla won't admit it, but her potions are slow-acting. If she were to get up and fight at this point, she'd start leaking blood again. It won't really slow her down, but it'll make for a grueling walk back to the inn.

Besides, the blood will make them zero in on her, lol
Darkness Eternal
Posted. Lets get this done and get back to the Goblet.
Darkness Eternal
Waiting on you King Coin. Post so we can get back to the Goblet. This is taking too long.
King Coin
I need to make some food and then I shall post.
King Coin
Posted. If we want to use the plan that Aravi just outlined (that I think DE posted earlier before the Big Edit) then whoever is next can have the enemies appear. I believe that should consist of 6 weaker vampires and one powerful vampire?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.