Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
Lopov
I have a feeling that Sarah might lose her mind one day. Who knows, maybe she wrote that letter by herself yet doesn't remember it? ph34r.gif

I think you never had a character staying in the same place for so long. smile.gif
Renee
Sun's Dawn 13, 3rd Era 434

9:01 AM
Kahreem awakes in Pell's Gate, wearing the armor of a Bravil guard. At one point he had sworn he would never wear this particular gear again. The truth? This is the best he's got, hidden away within the Marie Elena. So he had donned this the previous day, then headed in a roughly south-easterly direction toward Bravil, on yet another stolen horse. Arrived Pell's Gate on the previous night.

9:33 AM
He leaves Pell's Gate's only inn, and is immediately greeted by a hungry boar. One of the residents of Pell's Gate, a Nord man, starts attacking this boar, and so the boar is distracted from Kahreem, and begins attacking the Nord. Kahreem's first thought is to go back inside the inn (where it's safe, who wants to fight a boar?), but then he does the right thing, grabs his sewer club*, and begins fighting

Tough little bastard, though. This boar will not give up. And Kahreem's health starts to fail. Where is his horse? Gone, apparently. He begins to run. Runs south, but he doesn't want a wild boar running around, possibly becoming a threat to the rest of Pell's Gadte. He's trying to do the right thing, after all.

9:54 AM
His next idea is to run in a roughly north-northeasterly direction. Toward Fort Homestead, where there will (no doubt) be some bandits waking up, greeting the sunlight. Kahreem heads there, hoping the boar will follow him. Once he's there, the boar will now be breakfast for the bandits, if everything goes right. Kahreem wasn't having much luck against this enemy, his club isn't very effective, apparently.

10:18 am
He nears the fort, and hears the twing of a bow. *twip* He expects to get hit by some arrow, but then he hears the boar make a squealing noise. Wonderful, they're attacking the stupid boar. Good work, guys. Kahreem decides to run, and hides behind a nearby wall, until the bandits finally kill the boar, which takes a few minutes. He listens for their footfalls, while still hiding, and at first, he thinks he's okay. Nobody seems to know where he is. But then one of the bandits (a Khajiit) sniffs the air, and knows the Redguard with the Bravil guard armor must be near.

Next thing, Kahreem is being chased by three bandits Fokke! Where's a guard when you need one? Oh wait...

He decides to run again; there's no way he's taking on three at once. "You dare face the might, of the IMPERIAL LEGION?" he yells, as he runs away. He runs now in a roughly eastern direction, hoping to find a fellow guard to help him.

11:34 am

"Rrrrragh!"

As he crosses over a bridge, another bandit spots Kahreem, grabs what looks to be a giant hammer, and climbs the hill he's on to give chase.

"Hey this is no fair! You know I was once one of you, okay?"

Four against one. But Kahreem is faster than the others, mostly because he hasn't got his weapon drawn, while they do. So two of them fall behind, not wanting to stray too far from their precious fort. But the other two follow, both of them carrying giant hammers. Kahreem pauses to rest for a moment, and regain some health, when he spots just what he's looking for: an armored man on a horse.

"Sire, some assistance!"

*shing!*

The guard sees what's happening. A fellow guard in trouble? And joins in the fray, but the bandits ignore this man, and keep running after the Redguard guard instead, for whatever reason.

"This ends here!"

"Yes, and only one shall leave the battlefield alive."

One of the bandits seems to have fallen behind, fighting the Imperial. Kahreem can hear the swings of their fight, as he's now on top of a nearby hill, but he can't see them, a boulder blocks his view.

"Aahhh!"

His final opponent is a Redguard lady, probably about his age, as many bandits are, because they're all too stupid to grow old. Kahreem knows he can just run down to the Imperial's unattended horse and steal it. But he wants a fight. So he begins beating the Redguard lady with his sewer club. He also feels for his Redguard heritage, making him stronger and faster in an instant. Within moments, the Imperial begins to climb the hill, and it's not long before the Redguard lady bandit fails.

"Aaagh!"

Kahreem hears the sound of a bow again, and fears one of the original group of bandits has decided Homestead isn't where the action is this morning, but then Kahreem sees a man wearing green wool, a legion forester, has come to the rescue. The Imperial road patrol turns around, and begins heading toward a nearby Ayleid ruin, so Kahreem sees his chance. Rushes toward the horse, mounts it.

"Thief! You won't get away with this!"

But both guards are now too busy trying to take down a clannfear. Kahreem gallops the horse, which quickly leaves the scene. He hasn't done the right thing this time. But hey, two out of three aint bad, right?

mirocu
Gosh, golly! I have missed many Kahreem stories! blink.gif

So, to recap; he´s finally gotten Lex to move to Anvil while he himself is on his way to Bravil to collect gold from S´krivva for a job well done. Then he´s off to procure some Cheap Wine to gulp down and.... Oh, did I jump the gun there..? tongue.gif
Renee
Yup, I'm just moving slowly along with Kahreem, aren't I? biggrin.gif I can't believe it's been three years since I created the guy.
Lopov
Attacked by a ravaging boar and three bandits at once! ohmy.gif I like Kahreem's way of saying thanks to the Imperial Legion - stealing their horse. laugh.gif
Lopov
Vion's life has just become complicated, now he has a huge bounty on his head. emot-ninja1.gif

He was on a good way to expose Audens Avidius, the corrupt Imperial Watch Captain, so he arranged for Avidius' victims to testify to Hayn, the other Watch Captain, who promised to arrest Avidius if he gets enough witnesses against him.

When all was said and done, Vion went for a walk and ran into Audens Avidius behind the Arena. They talked and Vion mentioned the corruption to him which led to Avidius trying to arrest Vion. The young Imperial resisted and the two clashed, and the battle ended with Vion killing Audens Avidius.

Now with a huge bounty on his head (thanks to a mod), Vion had no other option but to flee the Imperial City, since the soldiers would not listen to his explanation. Four legionnaires tried to catch up on him but he managed to outrun them on the City Isle by making a few leaping and deadly jumps.
Acadian
Bad luck for Vion! Poor guy. With your mods, will the bounty gradually fade away with the passage of time?
Lopov
Yes but it should take a really looong time since a bounty on his head is more than 100,000 septims. I intentionally use so high values because:

1) then my characters think twice about killing someone
and
2) vanilla bounties are ridiculously low, even for murders.

But in Vion's case it just happened so spontaneously, it didn't feel right to let himself be arrested. indifferent.gif

Right now he's in the Imperial sewers, weighing his options of living as a man on the run or going back to the Imperial City to surrender. If he turns himself in, he'll be free in a few years. laugh.gif However, his roleplay became all the more interesting because of these unexpected events.
SubRosa
Vion's the hero The Imperial City deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not their hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Renee
That's really intense Lopov, wow. Funny thing is I've only started that quest maybe once, but never finished it. Could never find the right people to speak to.

What is the name of that mod? I think I may already have it, but is it Life in Prison? ph34r.gif I got Populated Prisons awhile back by the way, that one's good too. I believe Snaat Rayag had a ghost (a friendly ghost) for a prison mate the last time he went to jail.

Lopov
I roleplayed that Vion asked beggars where witnesses live, because beggars are supposed to know everything. Then I checked markers on the map.

I use Bounty Reduction Over Time and Adjustabe Bounties. I was using Populated Prisons but it glitched and prisoners were outside rather than inside their cells.
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 11 2015, 11:08 AM) *

I was using Populated Prisons but it glitched and prisoners were outside rather than inside their cells.

That´s not a glitch; they simply served their sentence and got released!

Well, some may have broken out... biggrin.gif
Lopov
A murder of an Imperial Watch Captain was a harsh crime and to ensure that the culprit will be brought to justice, mages at the Arcane University casted a special spell from the school of Mysticism called "Projection of the Wanted", thanks to which every soldier in Cyrodiil knew murderer's appearance and value of his bounty.

This spell was the only way to arrest criminals that tried to avoid Imperial law by hiding in other regions, since every soldier serving in the Legion, whether the one patroling Anvil docks or the one Count Skingrad's bodyguard or the forester chasing deer behind the Inn of Ill Omen, knew how criminals looked like.

Now all soldiers knew the name of Vion, his crime and his bounty. And while all of them were eager to arrest him because he killed their fellow soldier, such measures weren't necessary at all because on one sunny day in Frost Fall 3€433, only a day after Audens Avidius was killed, Vion opened large gates of the Prison District.

He immediately caught attention of a nearby guard and this one knew very well what he has to say:

"Break the law on my watch, will ya? I'll be confiscating your stolen goods. Oh, and no gold to pay your fine, hmm? It's off to the lockup then."

"I came to surrender, soldier. But I don't carry any stolen goods. I just want to say that..."

But the soldier couldn't care less what the most wanted criminal in Cyrodiil had to say. However, he knew very well what he has to say next:

"Hope you rot, criminal scum."

Having changed his fine leather armor for shabby prison clothes, Vion was thrown in a cold cell of the infamous Imperial City Prison. He hoped that Itius Hayn and other witnesses would stand up for him and tell their side of the story, and with a bit of luck he might be found innocent since he killed Avidius in self defense.

That's all what he could do - hope.

Hope dies last.

But it dies.
Acadian
Aww, poor Vion. 'Projection of the Wanted' - poking fun at the psychic guards, and literal use of their well-known inflexible dialogue is wonderfully Reneesque and great fun to follow along with. tongue.gif
mirocu
Reneesque - that´s a new word laugh.gif

I´m sure Vion is gonna do fine. Maybe jail time will give him an opportunity...? emot-ninja1.gif
SubRosa
Vion is doing hard time! Next episode, Prisonbreak!
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 26 2015, 08:25 PM) *

~ Sarah ~

IPB Image

This screen of Sarah is Awesome!!!

Renee
Thank you mALX! smile.gif

"Protection of the Wanted" ... so that explains how they know .. how they ALL know! mellow.gif So Vion's about to do a stretch, eh? Chances are he won't be lonely all that time, chances are a Redguard with a motor mouth could join him at some point. biggrin.gif
Renee
Heartfire 10, early morn

And here 'tis, the next one. Confounded, I am. Too confounded to fathom downward, for my daily shift with Mog. Abi Another one. A letter. Dropped within the night, left behind by some-one who knows me, and knows OF me, and perhaps wants to drive me mad.

"Dearest Sarah Phimm" it says. "I watched you today, as you cooked for the orc woman within Two Sister's Lodge. Such trouble you place upon yourself, and such burden. I would pity you, but these are the choices you have made. Here, and back in Solitude."

.. and it continues, a second gathering of text: "Oh, I know of Solitude. I know what happened there. I know many things about you, in fact. Where you were raised, how you were trained, how you took some matters upon your own terms, and caused a ruckus. And your subsequent dismissal from the town, itself. All these things, I know."

... a third gathering of text: "This is not to frighten you, however. I know these things, yet, I wanted you here in Skingrad, and so now you must ask yourself why?"

... and that is all it says. What am I to make of this? If I were a devotee of the Nine, certainly I'd be cowering toward Akatosh, or Arkay, or whomever. So this person claims to know about Solitude? Well if they claim this, I believe it. And it makes me not frightened, but perturbed, that some-one has the nerve, the temerity, to invade my dormicle at night, which I have locked and inspected two dozen and twice, and yes, I affirm that is was lotcked, that it IS still locked. Somebody was in here, with ME, as I slept so soundly.

Somebody who watched me as I cooked for Mog. Who could it be? I think back to the Two Sisters' a patrons, not one of whom seemed mysteroious, or even caustic. No-one who seems as though he, or she, could have made entrance into my locked, 10 Septim room last night.

I must concentrate as I toil today. Consider faces, and voicings. Inflections of voice. Perhaps I might notice some-one, who has a bit of peculiarity about himself, or herself.

~Sarah

mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 14 2015, 08:15 PM) *

Heartfire 10, early morn

And here 'tis, the next one. Confounded, I am. Too confounded to fathom downward, for my daily shift with Mog. Abi Another one. A letter. Dropped within the night, left behind by some-one who knows me, and knows OF me, and perhaps wants to drive me mad.

"Dearest Sarah Phimm" it says. "I watched you today, as you cooked for the orc woman within Two Sister's Lodge. Such troble you place upon yourself, and such burden. I would pity you, but these are the choices you have made. Here, and back in Solitude."

.. and it continues, a second gathering of text: "Oh, I know of Solitude. I know what happened there. I know many things about you, in fact. Where you were raised, how you were trained, how you took some matters upon your own terms, and caused a ruckus. And your subsequent dismissal from the town, itself .All these things, I know."

... a third gathering of text: "This is not to frighten you, however. I know these things, yet, I wanted you here in Skingrad, and so now you must ask yourself why?"

... and that is all it says. What am I to make of this? If I were a devotee of the Nine, certainly I'd be cowering toward Akatosh, or Arkay, or whomever. So this person claims to know about Solitude? Well if they claim this, I believe it. And it makes me not frightened. but perturbed, that some-one has the nerve, the temerity, to invade my dormicle at night, which I have locked and inspected two dozen and twice, and yes, I affirm that is was lotcked, that it IS still locked. Somebody was in here, with ME, as I slept so soundly.

Somebody who watched me as I cooked for Mog. Who could it be? I think back to the Two Sisters' a patrons, not one of whom seemed mysteroious, or even caustic. No-one who seems as though he, or she, could have made entrance into my locked, 10 Septim room last night.

I must concentrate as I toil today. Consider faces, and voicings. Inflections of voice. Perhaps I might notice some-one, who has a bit of peculiarity about himself, or herself.

~Sarah

GAAAAAAH!!! Sarah has a stalker!!!!

Lopov
The plot thickens. As I said earlier, I really like it that all events are still taking place in Skingrad. There's something special about her story, it doesn't see any action, instead it's about a woman working at an inn, being stalked? by someone and she's obviously getting slightly paranoid because of that.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 16 2015, 12:41 PM) *

The plot thickens. As I said earlier, I really like it that all events are still taking place in Skingrad. There's something special about her story, it doesn't see any action, instead it's about a woman working at an inn, being stalked? by someone and she's obviously getting slightly paranoid because of that.

laugh.gif I got paranoid just seeing the journal entry!

Renee
Aww, y'all are kind. Her story's getting interesting, right? Just you wait and see...

I'm going to be away this weekend, feel free to add another Vion story, Lopov. Maybe Vion's in jail with an Argonian who is slimy (just a little bit slimy?). Maybe Vion will toughen up in prison, climbing chains and lifting rocks and whatnot.
Lopov
Vion is indeed in jail so I have nothing new to write about. wink.gif He'll stay there for some time because I'm currently back in the Mojave. His cell doesn't have any chains, though, so climbing is out of question. kvleft.gif
Renee
Middas, 7:35 pm, Sun's Dawn 13, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 171

Days Jailed: 48

Bounty: 250

IPB Image

"What is it now?"

Kahreem decides not to directly answer the guard who asks this question. Instead he replies while looking away: "Keep your shield sheathed and your carry your sword, soldier. This'll keep the thieves and cutpurses at bay". Then he palms his face.... Shield sheathed? ... not like it matters. The Imperial before him (a REAL guard) doesn't seem to notice the Redguard's mistake.

A light rain begins to fall on this cold Sun's Dawn day. Cold for Cyrodiil, anyways. Kahreem smiles as he walks away. Apparently his disguise has worked. Pretending to be a Bravil guard could be pretty fun, as long as you weren't recognized. Once inside Bravil, the sky darkens as he debates whether or not to go visit the lady with the money. She'd better have his money.

"Why do you bother me?" says another guard, another real guard. "Go away."

This confuses Kahreem. Is there some other Redguard guard out there? And this Imperial has a grudge against him? And if this man recognizes Kahreem for whatever crime he's committed lately, why isn't he being arrested? .. In the end, he decides it's best to go up to City Swimmer's flat, and hopefully change his armor for some townie clothes. S'krivva's door is locked with a four-tumbler, anyways.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

8:31 pm
He finds City Swimmer's door, which opened without a word. Once inside, he removes his armor and tosses it upon the floor, unceremoniously. Then he notices: Somebody has been here. All the shelves are stocked with food, and the door to City Swimmer's door was also unlocked. Kahreem knows for a fact that he had eaten nearly all the food he'd found last time he was here, yet there's bread and potatoes and tomatoes, and lots of them. Whoever had restocked this food hadn't bothered to do much cleaning, though. He cuts open some watermelon, and has a piece of bread, and also (of course) one of the bottles of Cheap Wine he brought down from the Waterfront.

"Ahh, fokke that's good."

Then he remembers the skooma. Hadn't he left some skooma, somewhere in here? Sure enough, he had. There are two bottles of the stuff, hidden away under some rubbish; somehow they'd been missed by whoever was sharing this squat with him. "Ooooo" he says, as he has gulps an entire bottle at once, swaying on his feet, the room beginning to spin. No skooma-sucking for this Redguard. Why suck, going for a mild buzz at best, when you can have it all, right here and now?

The rest of the night is a blur, not that he had expected anything more.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sun's Dawn 14, 11:15 am
He awakes hours later. The sun is high in the sky as he leaves Miss Swimmer's flat. And he doesn't waste time, now; he goes right to S'krivva's door .... which is still locked. "Fokke!" ... and since he's only got one entire gold on his person (just one!) he decides it's time to address his poverty, right then and now.

He goes to the Fair Deal, and sells the enchanted boots he's wearing. They are made of some sort of hardened fur, and have some sort of enchantment on them. He sells these boots to the elf behind the counter, and also sells a silver arrow he'd found at some point. Total gold in his pocket? 263.

"Another satisfied customer."

As Kahreem walks through Bravil, he marvels at all the rock he sees around him. Rock! Everywhere. Rock walls, the chapel is made of rock, and the causeway he walks upon ... also rock. So much rock. Where does it all come from? he wonders, unsure of whether it's hacked out of the ground, or ... what? ... brought on some ship, or whatever.

That thought puzzles him, as he walks toward Lonely Suitor Lodge, hoping to find the fur-licker with his fokkinge gold. It takes him about a minute or so, before he makes it there.

"Hello," a Khajiit says as Kahreem enters the place. This Khajiit speaks to the orc who runs this lodge.

"Varon Vamori can be really charming," replies the orc. "There's something odd about him, though."

"He has a way with words, that's for suuuure. You could learn a lot from him."

"Sigh..."

IPB Image

... the conversation continues, but Kahreem pays no more attention to it. Before him, is a tail. And connected to this tail, a beastfolk, covered with fur, but well-groomed fur. A second Khajiit. Kahreem cannot tell if this one is male or female, but he hopes it is female, for lots of reasons. Hopefully hundreds of reasons, each one containing its very own gold piece.

"Welcome honored Cat Burglar."

It's her! The lady with his money! "I've never burgled a cat, actually. You must have the wrong man."

"The esteemed cat burglar honors me."

"Whatever you say. Where's my gold? You know I had to damn-near make myself destitute just to accomplish that last assignment? I want my gold and I want it now!"

"Welllll done, hunter! Hieronymus Lex will no longer be a thorn in the paw of the Thieves Guild..."

"Ha ha, very funny. 'Thorn in the paw', that's cute. Now for my gold."

"The Gray Fox shows his gratitude. You are being promoted ..."

"Who cares... Gold..."

"...to Shadowfoot., and ..."

"Gold?"

"...may now use Orrin of Castle Anvil as your fence."

"I wha--? I have a fence here in Bravil now?"

Kahreem smiles, then grins, then really almost pees in the chair he falls into, as he's finally given his ..

".. gold... Look at all that fokkinge gold."

So much gold, there's no way he'd ever think of counting it all here. Later when he returns to City Swimmer's flat, blocks its door, and begins counting, he learns he's got well over a thousand on his person. He's literally gone from rags to riches, in less than 24 hours.

"Gold ... look at all that fokkinge gold."

S'krivva had mentioned something about the Grey Fox, after she'd given him his pay, but Kahreem was not unsure of what exactly it was. She'd said he'd be contacted by this mysterious fellow, somehow. His second bottle of skooma doesn't last much longer.
mirocu
I hope he doesn´t spend all his money on Cheap Wine and Skooma, or he´ll be just as poor once again laugh.gif
Lopov
Before him, is a tail. And connected to this tail, a beastfolk, covered with fur, but well-groomed fur.

rollinglaugh.gif

Kahreem thinking about rocks is one of few moments when he doesn't think about cheap wine or skooma. bigsmile.gif
His intelligence must be pretty damaged by excessive skooma use, right?
Renee
Yeah, he'll definitely spend some gold on skooma, no doubt.

That's a good question. I know one of his stats is permanently red, but I am not sure if it's Int. I'll have to check next time I'm dealing with his foils and foibles.

That'll be convenient having a fence in Anvil. He's not really interested in stealing from anybody in this town at all, except the castle. Ironic that the fence is supposed to be IN the castle, too.
Lopov
I think that Kahreem already ran into that guy, because I remember that when in Castle Anvil, some servant addressed him as "Shadow hide you".
Renee
"Goood morning."

"How are you?"

"Not baaad."

"Sarah Phimm of Solitude must be quite the catch. I have heard some people have interest in her."

"Innndeeeed. Our lady must have many reasonsss, for taking the steps she's made. Sssarah Phimm of Solitude has many assets, and may sssoon be useful to usss."

"Heard any news about the other provinces?"

"Many Argonians have been 'called back' to Black Marsh. They dissssappear into de swamps, and are neverrr heard again."

"Uhh huhh."

.... the conversation between the two dark figures dies into meanderings about this and that. Their words echo across vast hallways. The oddity known as Sarah Phimm is merely yet another topic for them to talk about, along with the latest news about Morrowind, Skyrim, and mudcrabs.

Turdas, Heartfire 14

Finally, and with finality, the rain, it has ceased. The sunlight has ended its reign of darkness upon Skingrad. My mood, it has lifted as well. Tones of grey and tones of drabness replaced by gold, and elation.

And no news from my admirer, my letter-writer. Whom-ever this sorry fellow, or madam, may have been. No further communicatings have been made from said person. Perhaps 'twas just a prank, then. A mischievous combinating of thief, miscreant, and child. And how could such a numb-skull know of my troubles in Solitude? Well it is simple, really. Perhaps this person made makes grand travellings, from Skingrad to Solitude. Perhaps this person is based in militia. Or perhaps it is several some-ones, having some sort of multiple participatings, all in some effort to spook me. If so, this nit-wit must surely be bored by now. Upset, for my lack of usurpment. I do not upset as easily as he may have expected.

Well, back to toiling for Mog. And after I earn my daily compensation, I might take pleasure, as I stroll through this sudden soiree of Skingrad sunlight.

~Sarah

~Early Morn

I have awoken just now, and must scribe about my last latest dream, before memory fa*, fades. My pen, it shakes, as I must try and concentrate and calm my fingers.

Was back within Solitude, fa* fact of matter. The air it was fair, the sunlight golden, and I was still free of their judgments, those jus judgments which ruined my life. My position with-in the Court still placed with viability, as much as they were aware. The peoples of Solitude had not yet knowlege, of what would transpire. I was still a maid, and may still have been affecting the interest of Simon. Simon is the name I give to one of the court's sons, a knight, in fact.

Yes, we were lovers, in my past life, Simon and I. I call him Simon as I scribe this; I cannot use his real name, for ecen even though I am far from Skyrim, I cannot risk the h chance that some-one might find me, living here within Skingrad, and know of Simon's past as well. I do him that favor.

Any-ways, not to wander. My dream. Walking within Sil Solitude, the peoples not taking any notice. And from the Blue Palace came a scream. The sound of horns and trumpets. The sudden knowing. The people, they knew. They knew of my exploits with Simon. They kneow knew of the court's judgement, and how it was ME who had caused a ruckus within the palace, itself. Yes, I admit, I did cause a ruckus within their precious court. Those things, however, must be spoken of later.

Within Solitude, tthe people grew angry, and turned to me, *and with rage, they brandished their hooks and their knives and their scythes. I had not option, but to flee. I had not option, but to banish myself from Solitude, lest I face my doom. And I ran within some tower, the people at my back. Closed myself within a red door, and locked myself within. I had not any-where to go. I was locked within a sort of scullery, you see? But this scullery was entirely empty. The people, they pounded from outside.

But then I saw it, a broom. A simple broom, the sort used for the sweeping of floors. A broom I might have used every-day, as maids are oft to be burdened with. I felt drawn toward this broom, and indeed, grasped it within my hands. Yet, this broom was not any other; no, I could see some-body had written my name upon its shaft. This was MY broom. I felt some empowerment, as I fondled and felt its weight.

From that moment, my fears, they did subside. I unlocked the scullery door, faced the
crowds, yet they did not make their attack, no, they did not. They instead backed away, gawking in fear, as now it was I, who had them under my thumbs. I swung my broom, a sort of awkward gesture, and noticed movement at my feet, as though I had gained a bit of height.

Then, I motioned it the proper way. I knew of its power, this broom with my name upon it. I grasped it yet again, and positioned it under my feet, as though I were indeed sweeping some floor, and had sudden knowlege that with this broom, I could fly. Silly, it may sound. But this was the truth. I could fly, indeed, and within moments, was high above. High above the frightful people, and then above the ramparts and spires. The town, Solitude, falling below me. Euphoria and giddiness at height. Clouds nearby, and birds at within my grasp.

I aimed my broom, and swept downward, toward the town, toward the peoples. I was moving with quickness, and below me, the peoples, they did turn to run toward their homes, with safety. For the town, 'twas now lit with fires. Raging fires, blazes, burnings ... the people who did not were not moving with quick-ness succumbed to these fires, and burned alive, and called out for aidment.

And I flew from above, watching them flee these raging fires, and seeing them despair and panic. Yet I did so with glee. I did so with enjoy-ment. Serves them rightfully. The powers of fire. I know these powers.

Well, that is all. Just one dream, of many. In some hours, back to the toil, back to Mog. I must take my bed, once again, for just a few hours' more resting.

IPB Image
Lopov
Love the intro dialogue, at first I thought it'll be some random stuff but I think I know who were these dark figures, actually which faction do they belong to.

And I also liked the scene with the broom and Solitude on fire, great writing. You could roleplay Sarah's fast traveling with a broom.
Grits
“Keep your shield sheathed…” laugh.gif Mr. Smooth. Kahreem finally gets a huge pile of gold! I love his thought process as he spied the tail.

Great update from Sarah tying in a look at her past with a hint of her future through the flying dream. I just watched Goblet of Fire last night. The broom flying parts are my favorite.
Renee
Lopov: You think you know who those two shadowy figures are at the beginning of the story? wink.gif Interesting. Heh heh. I hope you add Vion's tale someday, because that's what WE want, right?

Grits: Why thank you. Yes, those Harry Potter movies are still gold. I love reliving them through my kid's eyes, since I originally saw them before she was born, or when she was too young to understand them.

Renee
10:37 pm, Sun's Dawn 14, 3rd Era 434

"I have a message for you from the Grey Fox."

"Metttthredssshel. Ssso good to sessshe you."

Kahreem of Weet can barely string his words together. Methredhel's appearance here in Bravil, at the Lonely Suitor Lodge, is unexpected. Kahreem had been told a 'messenger' would come visit him, but S'krivva had said he should head up to the Imperial City for this to happen.

"Whaat? What is thissh *hic* messshaage?"

With two beers and a bottle of Cheap Wine in him, Kahreem sees Methredhel before him. Then there are two Methredhels, then three. All three of them speak at the same time.

"The .. the ..Gray ..gray ... Fox .. fox h has-as a - a task-k for you you. Meeeet him at- at Hel- vius Hel vius Cecia-ia's house in Bru - Bruma..."

"Huh? Wha--- shhhtop talking all at once-shh .... shlowww down...."

Since Methredhel can see Kahreem is too bombed to comprehend at the moment, she gives him a note, instead. And places it in his journal.

"Hey... wait!"

It is hours later, actually many hours later, actually the next day, before Kahreem finally reads the note he's been given. Bruma. Way up north. How many months has it been since he's been to Bruma? He doesn't know. All he knows is that it's going to be cold up there. With just over a thousand gold in his pocket, buying a full set of fur armor should not be a problem.

.... errr 779 gold. Yeah, 3 bottles of skooma later... XD
mirocu
Huh? Kahreem getting to Bruma before Lothran?? ohmy.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 7 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Huh? Kahreem getting to Bruma before Lothran?? ohmy.gif

Better hurry! hehe.gif Just kidding. He is not going to pussy-foot around though. He's intent on getting there the next time I game with him, perhaps. Bur for now, he is in the Marie Elena. He's always blown about half his gold by the way. He's down to five-hundred-something. ohmy.gif

Lopov
Lol at how Kahreem perceives Methredhel's speech and sees two instead of one. Maybe Kahreem will get some unexpected help from Lothran in Bruma, after all they belong to the same guild. cool.gif
Renee
Middas, 7:41 pm, Sun's Dawn 20, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 186
Days Jailed: 47
Gold Remaining: 366
Current Bounty: 751

Playtime: 199:22:16

"Well now, caught in the act, and no gold to pay your fine. It's off to jail with ya!"

The Redguard man known as Kahreem of Weet looks to the writ in the guard's hand. "751 Septims? Are you sure? You must have the wrong man. I'm the guy who's wanted for 400 Septims."

The guard stares intently at Kahreem, the criminal who had just arrived here in Bruma. Trespassing, horse-theft, a stolen bunch of grapes? Yep, this looks to be the guy.

"Okay, 500 gold."

The guard is unflinching...

"Five-fifty?"

...and not about to take any nonsense. Let's see you put up a fight... he thinks. But because he's a professional at his job, he does not say this.

"Fine. Seven-hundred and fifty-one gold. You caught me. I give up. Let us go to jail, then."

"Hope you rot, criminal scum."

Kahreem is thrown into jail with another man, a bare-chested Nord who probably sleeps in straw, the savage. "Go away," this Nord says. It's the only thing he wants to say to his new cellmate. Not being good with anything less than small talk, Kahreem can't help but try to sweeten the honey, to try to lay down some sort of pleasant tone with the man.

"Look, I don't know what you're in for, but I'm going to be cooped up in here for a week, maybe a week and a day. And I'm not happy about it either. It's cold, I barely have any health because I just helped the town, assisted the town, with an attack of wolves just as I got to the stables. Of course, I'm also the one who attracted these wolves up here. They were chasing my horse, you see."

The Nord, whose name Kahreem later learns is Jorundr, has nothing to say on the matter.

"Fine. Be like that. And look, I'm going to choose the bedroll with the candles next to it, okay? Not to boast, but I've been in jail quite a lot this past year," he says, grabbing an ear of half-rotted corn from the cell's food barrel. "But I'm also on my way up, Nord. Yep, that's right, I'm the Redguard you've probably heard about. The one who's caused so much ruckus here in Cyrodiil. Thieves Guild, yep that's me."

Jorundr only stares out the bars of their cell, as though waiting for some sort of chance to break out which never comes, mainly because he might go insane listening to this stupid Reduard all week.

"I snuck a lockpick in here, by the way. Snuck it under my tongue. Still got the taste of iron in my mouth. You can have it, Nord."

Jorundr does not answer.

"Nah, I think I'll keep it. These picks are hard to come by. And it's no use trying to break out of here; trust me, I've done it. They'll just attack you, all at once. Not very fun. ... Can't wait to get out of here though. I've got a job waiting for me when my sentence is over. Hah!"

... his banter goes on and on. In one of his cellmate's ears, and apparently out the other. The hour slips by. Then another hour. Then three. And four, and six. And a day. And before he knows it...

[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*[*

Turdas, 12:51 am, Sun's Dawn 28

"Man, my whole body feels weak," Kahreem says a week later, his incarceration ended. "And I don't feel like I can swing a blade as well as I should. And my ability to block weapon swings? Don't feel like I'd be much good with my fists. My ability to deflect damage while wearing heavy armor? Yeah, I don't think I'll be wearing heavy armor anytime soon. Fokke! Jail time; it really weakens a man." wink.gif

Kahreem begins his usual act of disrobing from his crappy jail clothes, and donning the entirely warm set of fur armor he had bought down in the Imperial City. Starts drinking the sole remaining bottle of Cheap Wine he had been arrested with, then heads down the hill, looking for a place to stay.

"What do you want?" asks a guard.

Despite having nobody to talk to all week, Kahreem doesn't feel like answering this question. By now, everybody, the entire town, probably knows who he is and what he's done. And they're NORDS. Almost all of them. From what Kahreem remembers, his first visit to Bruma hadn't gone too well. Rudeness everywhere.

"Why do you bother me? Go away!" says one Nord as Kahreem passes into Jerall View Inn.

"Bother me again, and you might live to regret it," says the innkeeper after Kahreem arranges a room for the night.

Kahreem smirks at this, especially once he realizes he's got a fence in this town. Completely forgot about him. What's his name? Oorfgar or something. Guy's a total layabout, yet he's probably got more wealth to dispense than anyone else in this town. All it'll take is one successful sweep through the castle's dining room, and he'll have back a good portion of the money he's blown since leaving Bravil.

"Off to bed I go. And tomorrow, let's find a beggar."
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 21 2015, 10:56 PM) *

The Redguard man known as Kahreem of Weet

SPEW! How did I miss that name?

Renee
Yep, that's right, mALX. Grab a bowl. hehe.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 21 2015, 11:34 PM) *

Yep, that's right, mALX. Grab a bowl. hehe.gif

Cream of Wheat is actually delicious if you add some Nestles Quick chocolate powder, sugar, and a little milk in with it. (Redguard Cream of Wheat? ) laugh.gif

On the other hand, Grits are made from ground up corn parts that people normally don't eat. You can salt and pepper/butter/cheese them - but they still taste like ground up sand, urk.

The difference? One of them I will eat a lot of, the other I won't touch with a ten foot pole, laugh.gif

Renee
I know, I love Cream of Wheat. I still cook it the old-fashioned way too: milk, mix, and salt. Yummm. I like just putting sugar & butter in once it's ready to eat. None of that fancy fruit or berries or whatever, I just like it a bit sweeter.

I actually have always wondered what the difference is between grits and Cream of Wheat. I see now! All you Europeans & Aussies, you folks don't have these breakfast foods, right? Grits are another breakfast food, although mostly from the south parts of USA. I myself have never eaten grits.

Dang, now I'm hungry again.
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 22 2015, 12:13 AM) *

I know, I love Cream of Wheat. I still cook it the old-fashioned way too: milk, mix, and salt. Yummm. I like just putting sugar & butter in once it's ready to eat. None of that fancy fruit or berries or whatever, I just like it a bit sweeter.

I actually have always wondered what the difference is between grits and Cream of Wheat. I see now! All you Europeans & Aussies, you folks don't have these breakfast foods, right? Grits are another breakfast food, although mostly from the south parts of USA. I myself have never eaten grits.

Dang, now I'm hungry again.

I only eat Cream of Wheat with chocolate powder in it and some sugar. I just put enough milk in to cool it off just a bit, not enough to cut the chocolate taste, lol.

mirocu
You guys do know we have a food thread in the General section...? wink.gif laugh.gif

So now Kahreem is in Bruma? Blimey, he beat Lothran by a week. He won´t be there until next weekend! But unlike the K-man, I don´t think he´ll "visit" the prisons immediately upon arrival! laugh.gif
Renee
Ha ha beat you there! tongue.gif Granted, Lothran will get a much warmer reception than Kahreem did.
Lopov
Trespassing, horse-theft, a stolen bunch of grapes?

biggrin.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I imagine he went on Jorundr's nervers with his constant blabbing. laugh.gif

It's a nice touch when Kahreem tells us about which skills he's less proficient in after being in jail.
Renee
Turdas, 6:43 pm. Sun's Dawn 28, 3rd Era 434

IPB Image

"This? Naww. Yeah, this. No. Yes." .... *clink!... bonk..*

Kahreem of Weet rummages some tables inside Castle Bruma's dining hall. Selecting this, tossing that upon the floor. Silver knife? Yes. ... Loaf of bread? Yes. ... Rotted apple? Um, no. ... Silver plate? Oh yes. Here he is in Bruma, the taste of wealth starting to grow again. He'd spent way too much gold on his trip: from Bravil to the Imperial City he'd spent hundreds. Had it been worth it? ... Well, who fokkinge could say? But one thing for sure: time to reline that manpurse with some extra gold, after a rummage through the castle, and a visit to Ongar.

"Well hello there!" says a lady in blue in a booming voice. Booming? ... No, echoing. Her voice echoes, loud and clear. Unsuspecting.

Kahreem freezes anyways, hoping his nightsack (which is slung over his shoulder) doesn't move. Just one *clink* would be all it takes, and he'd be back in jail again. Back in that chilly jail, the chilliest of all. Back with that weird Nord guy, most likely. No way no WAY is Kahreem going back in there.

"Well hello m'lovely. Me's the new pooortah. Just gatherin' up ... tidying up, I means to say."

Phew. The lady in blue walks off. Sits down. Starts to eat. She must be the Countess. She has that sort of look. She has that sort of perfumey odor, too.

"Good afternoon."

A guard walks in; crappe. Rummaging time is over. Not bad though. Kahreem thinks he's just gained at least a hundred gold. Time to visit Ongar. The guard becomes preoccupied with watching the lady in blue have her supper. And the Redguard is grateful (for once) for the castle's soothing background music. It's not too loud, but it'll help to hide the little clink noises coming from his nightsack. He walks slowly off ... clink, clink, clink. And oddly, neither the guard nor the lady seem to notice that the room's silverware and half its food is missing.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

10:15 pm
The night's air is deliciously chilly. Kahreem feels this biting cold, and suddenly misses the fur armor set he'd bought a few days earlier. But it's just a quick walk, through the town of Bruma.

"Why do you bother me? GO AWAY!"

He bursts into Olav's, in which Ongar and Olav are in the middle of some heated discussion about the Emperor and his three sons. Kahreem has a seat across from Ongar. An elf and another Nord man sit at an adjacent table, discussing the fallacy known as the Dark Brotherhood. A tall woman, probably another elf, stands and listens. Food and drink, everywhere. Nobody will notice the transaction about to commence.

"Ongar, it me!"

"I'm really tired. Can we get on with this?"

"I've got some .... property you might be interested in. My great aunt, from Hammerfell, she just passed away," he says with a wink. "And left me these things."

"You got some hot property?"

The Redguard makes a shushing motion. "Hot? Ahem. My great-aunt would describe these pieces as 'elegant', perhaps. Just look at this finery. Look at this craftsmanship."

"Heh hee hee... I think I can move this item at a fair price. Got anything else?"

Kahreem is disappointed. Although he 'moves these items at a fair price', Kahreem is dismayed to find Ongar offers nowhere near 100 gold. All told, Kahreem makes just over forty, not a hundred. The silverware he sells to Ongar may have come from the castle, but it is cheap, mass-produced stuff. Not worth much at all, apparently. Kahreem wants to explode, but can't argue with the guy on price. Not here. ... Not where attention can be drawn.

"Hey Ongar, you sell toothpicks, do you not?"

"A fine bargain for you."

Kahreem buys some much-needed 'toothpicks', 10 of them ... no, make that 20. Toothpicks could be hard to come across out in the world.

"I'm glad that's done. I need a nap," Ongar plays his part, the part of a bored townie citizen, to perfection.

"Cheers, my friend."

"Shadow hide you."

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

11:12 pm
Still in Olav's Tap 'n' Tack, Kahreem pores his mind, wondering who he is supposed to meet here in town. He knows the Grey Fox had ordered him here, but since Methredhel had delivered this message to him back in Bravil when Kahreem was stone-drunk, he cannot remember who he is supposed to meet, and where he is supposed to go.

But then, he realizes he can read, and finds the hastily-scrawled note Methredhel had given him. Helvius Cecia is the name of the house where he is to go. He gets up from his table. Before he leaves though, he decides to see what's in the house tonight.

"Olav, hello. I have something for you."

"Oh really? Food, drink, I have it all."

Another disappointment. No Cheap Wine. Only mead, Surilie's, and an expensive bottle of Tamika's. Fokke. Kahreem buys the Surilie's, a current vintage costing 9 gold, leaving him with 246. He gulps this beverage as he walks out of Olav's. A little liquid courage, if you will. He walks from house to house, the cold air not quite as cold, now that he's got some warmth. He passes a guard, who chides the Redguard, telling him to 'go away'. Too late for that. Nobody else is about, except a single platinum-haired elf, who passes by without a word. Kahreem checks the nameplate of one house. No, not Helvius Celca. Another one, then a third. No, and no. Then he sees a figure in the road. Poorly-dressed, and wearing a headband.

IPB Image

"The Grey Fox is waiting for you," says this man. Snow begins to fall almost immediately at this moment.

"Grey Fox?"

"He's inside, downstairs. Don't keep him waiting."

Guffaw! The thief meeting his master, at this moment? Kahreem decides perhaps he'd better get his fur armor, after all.

IPB Image
Lopov
Toothpicks! rollinglaugh.gif

Finally Kahreem is about to meet the Grey Fox in person. ph34r.gif

I really like the last pic.
mirocu
So, Kahreem met a "platinum-haired elf" in Bruma? My, my. That does ring a bell, doesn´t it? cool.gif
Lopov
Are there some Drows in Bruma? bigsmile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.