Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Quotes?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
mirocu
"I think you will find that it is YOU who are mistaken, about a great many things"

-Emperor Palpatine

(I just posted this quote to get reply number 500 tongue.gif )
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 17 2019, 12:38 PM) *

"I think you will find that it is YOU who are mistaken, about a great many things"

-Emperor Palpatine

(I just posted this quote to get reply number 500 tongue.gif )

So be it. Jedi.
SubRosa
Unlimited Power!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 17 2019, 12:59 PM) *

Lol
Khajiit believes we could have a whole thread devoted to our favorite Empy Palps quotes!
SubRosa
Robert E. Lee: General, you must look to your division.

George E. Pickett: General Lee... I have no division.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 24 2019, 06:07 PM) *

Gettysburg
Dark Reaper

I am the Division!
Decrepit

Me: Yeah, I'm not good at math either.
SubRosa
For the cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see.
-H.P. Lovecraft
mALX

The Leader of Allied Atheist Alliance: (the Evil Sea Otter)

"This is the dawning of the Sea Otter! Know this, time child! I shall smash your skull like a clam on my tummy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fx_I4piqpY

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 27 2019, 08:45 PM) *

"This is the dawning of the Sea Otter! Know this, time child! I shall smash your skull like a clam on my tummy!"

IPB Image
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2019, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 27 2019, 08:45 PM) *

IPB Image

SPEW!!! BWAAHAA !!!! rollinglaugh.gif

SubRosa
Mary Todd Lincoln: [to Thaddeus Stevens] How the people love my husband. They flock to see him by their thousands on public days. They will never love you the way they love him. How difficult it must be for you to know that, and yet how important to remember it.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 2 2019, 07:53 PM) *

Mary Todd Lincoln: [to Thaddeus Stevens] How the people love my husband. They flock to see him by their thousands on public days. They will never love you the way they love him. How difficult it must be for you to know that, and yet how important to remember it.

*insert scene where following that conversation Thaddeus Stevens is seen passing a sack of gold to John Wilkes Booth in an alley behind the Ford's Theater... *

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 2 2019, 06:53 PM) *

IPB Image
mirocu
"Remember that authority is only valid over you if you accept it"

-From the interwebz

--------------------------------------
"Different people have different experiences so they will have different opinions"

-Paul Harrel
SubRosa
Whether you believe you can do a thing, or not, you are right.

-Henry Ford
SubRosa
“We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands.”

- Carl Sagan
Uleni Athram
“When an Aikido throw works, everyone involved is surprised.”
- one of the members of my Russian Sambo Discord.

I died laughing.
SubRosa
Some quotes from the Kolchak tv series:

Tony Vincenzo: You know, I had once planned to enter the priesthood.

Carl Kolchak: And then the Inquisition ended, and all the fun went out of it for you.

-------------

Carl Kolchak: The people's candidate. Fearless, independent and energetic. Why can't the people's candidate be like the rest of us - timid, insecure and lazy?

----------------

Carl Kolchak: What don't you like about this hat?

Tony Vincenzo: What's under it.

----------------

Carl Kolchak: You must really enjoy your work.

Nurse Eisen: A well-done autopsy is a joy forever.

----------------

Carl Kolchak: Captain Leo Winwood and I had a relationship that was long and bloody, like the Crusades, only without the chivalry.
TheCheshireKhajiit
There’s always a bit of truth in Legends.
- Ahsoka Tano

laugh.gif
SubRosa
Says the Legends character! laugh.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 10 2020, 11:44 AM) *

Says the Legends character! laugh.gif

The funny thing is that she said this in an episode about Malachor, of all places! They did take some ideas from KotOR so what she said was very “on the nose”.
TheCheshireKhajiit
This quote fits my newest D&D character so well that I thought I’d put it down here:

I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.
- H.P.Lovecraft, The Outsider
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 21 2020, 11:41 AM) *

This quote fits my newest D&D character so well that I thought I’d put it down here:

I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.

That has always been my favorite story of his. It is the one that personally resonates with me the most.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 21 2020, 12:12 PM) *

That has always been my favorite story of his. It is the one that personally resonates with me the most.

Well it’s very relatable. Like the guys from the HPLLP pointed out, don’t most of us have a moment or moments in which we feel like the outsider? I mean, Cthulhu & Co. are great, but The Outsider taps into some very common feelings and fears.
mALX

I think Monkey quoted this once!

mirocu
"A key that opens all locks is a masterkey, a lock that opens to all keys is a useless lock"
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2020, 10:20 AM) *

"A key that opens all locks is a masterkey, a lock that opens to all keys is a useless lock"

rollinglaugh.gif

Decrepit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2020, 09:20 AM) *

This reminds me of a long-ago incident I doubt I'd ever have remembered without this quote. (Don't get excited. It's not much of a story.) Early in my military career, stationed in the Philippines, my squadron was assigned an open-bay barracks. Tall lockers, placed side-by-side four deep, served as cubical partitions. (The cubicle side facing the 'hallway' was open to the public, thus we had no privacy.) All barracks residents were required (and most definitely needed to) keep their individual lockers locked at all times, barring inspections. Locks were bought at the Base Exchange. It carried only a few models suitable to the purpose. Most folk bought the same model.

One day, during off time, gabbing with someone in his cubicle, the now forgotten conversation somehow temped me to stick my key in his lock. POOF....it opened. This led to much investigation, during which it was found that any one key could open any number of locks of that same model. This was reported. Can't recall the outcome, other than us obviously having to repurchase locks (of a different model).

Told ya it wasn't much of a story.
mALX
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 5 2020, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2020, 09:20 AM) *

This reminds me of a long-ago incident I doubt I'd ever have remembered without this quote. (Don't get excited. It's not much of a story.) Early in my military career, stationed in the Philippines, my squadron was assigned an open-bay barracks. Tall lockers, placed side-by-side four deep, served as cubical partitions. (The cubicle side facing the 'hallway' was open to the public, thus we had no privacy.) All barracks residents were required (and most definitely needed to) keep their individual lockers locked at all times, barring inspections. Locks were bought at the Base Exchange. It carried only a few models suitable to the purpose. Most folk bought the same model.

One day, during off time, gabbing with someone in his cubicle, the now forgotten conversation somehow temped me to stick my key in his lock. POOF....it opened. This led to much investigation, during which it was found that any one key could open any number of locks of that same model. This was reported. Can't recall the outcome, other than us obviously having to repurchase locks (of a different model).

Told ya it wasn't much of a story.

Five years ago when I bought this house = I learned that is how all this certain brand of padlocks is. They make the padlock cores in boxes of 12; and each box's padlocks have the same key. When the locksmith explained this to me; I of course bought the entire box to make sure no one else would have keys to my padlocks.

So you feel safe then, right? No. Because there are only a certain number of differences they can make in the keys; so this same box of padlocks and that key will be resold repeatedly all over the Country = meaning if you ever own one of their keys EVER; keep it and test it out all over the Country and there is a chance you will find it opening other people's padlocks all over the place.

This is not unique to that brand of padlock; either. It is ALL padlocks; and it is even all keys period. There are just so many things they can do with a key to make it unique; which is why hotels started moving over to electronic card reading.

But don't worry; most people don't know about this; and most wouldn't go around trying them on other people's locks. Usually only Locksmith's know about that flaw with keys. I just happened to get a gabby locksmith and needed several locks and padlocks for the new house. When I saw him just pull out one box and hand me six without having to rekey anything = I wanted to know how and why. So he told me. So I made him show me a full box with none sold; and bought the entire box of 12 of them.

It is the same thing with those inner cores in any doorknob = they all come in a box; all keyed exactly the same. So if you buy just one or two with the same lock pattern; ten other people in town will end up having your same house key = so when you buy that inner core; ask them for a new full box and buy the whole thing. It costs more; but is more secure.

mirocu
"Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you."

- Magneto

--------------------------------------------

"When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime , you are being ruled by criminals"

- Edward Snowden
Decrepit
The German composer Max Reger responds to criticism of his work:

"I sit in the smallest room of my house. I hold your criticism before me. In a moment it will be behind me."
SubRosa
"My sister was an only child and you abused her." - from the movie House, with William Katt.
mirocu
"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."

-Doom Slayer codex
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 6 2020, 04:09 AM) *

"Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you."

- Magneto

--------------------------------------------

"When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime , you are being ruled by criminals"

- Edward Snowden

First one = laugh.gif

Second one = good one!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 14 2020, 06:54 AM) *

The German composer Max Reger responds to criticism of his work:

"I sit in the smallest room of my house. I hold your criticism before me. In a moment it will be behind me."

Or below him if he sits! rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 25 2020, 03:17 AM) *

"My sister was an only child and you abused her." - from the movie House, with William Katt.

panic.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 6 2020, 06:18 AM) *

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."

-Doom Slayer codex

That is Awesome!

mirocu
"When disaster strikes, the time to prepare has passed"

-Steven Cyros
mirocu
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help"

-Ronald Reagan

--------------------------------
"Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to be threatened to take it for a disease so deadly you have to be tested to see if you have it"

-Weghorst

"Yesterday's conspiracy theorist is tomorrow's I told you so"

-Youtube comment

“If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized... If all of this is considered necessary to gain your compliance -- you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest.”

- Ian Watson

---------------------------------
"This game sucks so hard it could be an industrial vaccuum cleaner"

-Stuart Ashen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.