Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are you a party animal?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
mirocu
Do you like to rumble about or do you prefer to stay at home, gaming through the night? smile.gif

For me itīs simple. While I do enjoy the occasional night out, my favorite thing to do on Friday and Saturday nights is of course gaming! biggrin.gif

*mirocu goes nostalgic*

Aah, those long hours with Deus Ex in the early years of 2000. I could be out with friends but the only thing on my mind was "Here I am when I could be at home, playing Deus..." tongue.gif And when I have been out I never go totally crazy and I never get drunk, so thatīs why I donīt see me as a party animal.

I didnīt include a Sometimes option in the poll because I want to know what you usually do. If itīs a 50/50 then just pick what you feel like atm laugh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Stay home! I got food, music, my games, and alone time away from people questioning me about silly stuff, lol
King Of Beasts
I prefer to stay home and play games, lol. I'm fine hanging out with other people, but it can't be too many. I don't like going to parties or anything big like that because I get anxious with the amount of people usually there...
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jul 16 2013, 05:32 PM) *

Stay home! I got food, music, my games, and alone time away from people questioning me about silly stuff, lol

Youīre not safe from that if you come on here! laugh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Here is fine! Nobody here crosses any lines, lol. And when I get sick of answering, I can log off and come back later.

You can't log off of real life and expect to come back later.
Grits
I’m a social creature, love my friends, enjoy going out. But I need alone time to recharge. I’m not one of those people who gets energized by hanging out with the crowd. I’m energized at the time but tired later.

Funnily enough I have less and less interest in “new” people (in person) as I get older. I don’t go out to see and be seen, I go out to connect with friends and do something we all want to do at the same time because there’s not enough time to spend with each person individually and still try out that new restaurant or catch a hot movie.

Plus there’s time I spend with just my family. The biggest problem with our friends is that they’ve raised kids that we (my kids included) don’t want to be around. Especially in public. Don’t get me started.

Kiln
I'd rather be alone almost any day of the week. It is rare for me to actually want to party.

People will call me up and invite me somewhere and I'll tell them I'm busy, even though all I'm busy doing is watching TV or playing a game on the Xbox.

Much like Mirocu, I have been at parties where all I could think about was wanting to get home and play some games or watch a movie. Especially when I've just gotten a game like Morrowind, Skyrim, or Fallout. All I can do is count down until I can leave and spend some quality time interacting with artificial worlds.

It is less common for me to blow people off now but I'm older, have more responsibilities, and have fewer friends because of this.
mirocu
QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 16 2013, 07:38 PM) *

People will call me up and invite me somewhere and I'll tell them I'm busy, even though all I'm busy doing is watching TV or playing a game on the Xbox.

As I donīt have any real life friends anymore, that particular problem never happens to me laugh.gif
Darkness Eternal
Yes. Weekdays I study and work hard and workout hard, weekends I spend my entire day playing video-games and at night I party. I'm young, but I don't drink too much. My only concern is having fun and meeting many ladies. That's about it. Not too exciting.
ThatSkyrimGuy
I voted "Yes"...but "Sometimes" should have been an option. I certainly don't party like I did in my youth, but I can still slug down some ale. The biggest difference now is the "partying" is usually at home or at my sister's house. A fire in the fire pit, lawn chairs, and a cooler full of cold beer. Wings and burgers on the grill. I can't remember the last time I went to a bar to drink.
SubRosa
No party-animaling for me. When I was younger I could do that. But now I get home from work and I am too exhausted and stressed out from all the morons I had to deal with all day. I do not have the energy - or sanity to spare - to deal with even more people.
Black Hand
Once upon a time.

I was burned out on drinking before my 21st B'day despite not drinking til nineteen.

Now its Sara Silvermans version of a perfect night.

Youtube/google it yourself. Se gets duuurty in that song.

A-whoah-whoa!
Pseron Wyrd
Not anymore. I used to be much more social than I am now. I was once a musician who traveled around the country. I met new people all the time, went to parties with them, did drugs with them, had sex with them. I'd wake up not knowing what town I was in or the name of the person snoring next to me or what chemical was responsible for my massive headache, ect.

Nowadays I am self-employed and I don't own a car or TV. My main connection to the rest of humanity is through the internet. And since the internet brings out the worst in so very many people it has caused me to gradually sour on the idea wanting to meet the rest of humanity in person.

That said, I wouldn't mind finding a happy median between my freewheeling early years and the hermit-like existence I live now. I will figure out a way to get the best of both into my life, someday.
Black Hand
QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 16 2013, 03:17 PM) *
I was once a musician who traveled around the country. I met new people all the time, went to parties with them, did drugs with them, had sex with them. I'd wake up not knowing what town I was in or the name of the person snoring next to me or what chemical was responsible for my massive headache, ect.

Teach me, Master.

(That goes against the jist of what you're saying, I realize. No disrespect intended.)

That being said, your thoughts determine your reality in my short, limited experience. I am not necessarily a 'social butterfly' but I am much more outgoing now than when I was in my late teens and early twenties.

Girls would smile and flirt, and I would shut down. People would say 'Hello' or 'Good Morning' and I would look down at the ground. Few friends I had would try to get me to be more sociable. To no avail.

Then, I forced myself after reading an article on smiling.

Turns out if you smile, even if it is false, you're actually drastically rewiring your neurons. The act itself changes your response to things. You begin to smile genuinely soon after. I was tired of being miserable, so I tried it as an experiment. I figured if I was ashamed of doing it by myself with no one looking, there had to be a problem. I was, and so I was determined to fix it. So I practiced smiling.

There's a similar therapy technique, where one is advised to wear a rubber band around their wrist and to flick themselves whenever they find they are having angry or frustrated thoughts. The minor pain associates the thoughts with something unpleasant.

Basically, don't just openly accept anyone. But, think of what you enjoy, find your bliss/balance with other people. Cup of coffee at the local joint never hurt anyone...usually. Unless you spill it. Get iced just to be safe.
mirocu
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 17 2013, 12:48 AM) *

Girls would smile and flirt

I have yet to experience that! rollinglaugh.gif

I have never been comfortable at parties since I donīt drink and go crazy. And since I donīt drink and go crazy everyone looks at me and thinks ī"why the hell is he here if he doesnīt drink?"

Those kind of parties donīt do much socially for me, so I stopped going to them. It may mean that I miss out on great persons, but I donīt feel I can do much about that. I just donīt belong there mellow.gif
McBadgere
I used to be...I used to be the bestest party animal ever...I was fun...Funny...*Winks*...Even a little sexeh...

But then it got too much, I realised I was an alchololic and it was costing me too much money and with a little help from McWife I gave it all up and very rarely have I regretted it...

Sometimes...Yes...But mostly I'm happy with the not drinking thing...Unless I have a wee dram or two when it is medicinally desperate...Yes...
Black Hand
Wowsers. McB *not* a party animal?! Sir, I have no clue what you look like, but in manner and spirit you are Jim Belushi!

Never change.

If you do I'll lose my mind,...a wee bit more than you have. biggrin.gif
Colonel Mustard
Sometimes, yes. Mostly, though, I don't drink and while I have a reasonably sized social circle we aren't really the type to regularly get hammered together; we'll meet up in large groups and we'll almost definitely have a few drinks, but usually not get beyond the 'chattier than normal' phase of alcohol imbibing.

I enjoy partying, but I generally keep it sparse as it just tires me out and I seem to be one of these people who leans towards a fairly ascetic lifestyle without even making a conscious effort to; I occasionally have a beer or two with dinner, but outside of partying I almost never drink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.