Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -The Coffee Shop- Something new, something old...
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Red
Well, one way he "tricked" them into following him was putting on massive fairs and parades. He seemed like a king when knights walked beside floats. Also, a nice game for all you WWII gamers is Brothers In Arms, probably the all time best game. Ever. Also, it is based on real people and real events. I remember finding two guys blowing up some german buildings with a Bazooka, and then reading the unlockables and finding out from an actual after action report that those two troops had stormed Nazi filled buildings using a rifle and machine gun and then after coming out the cafeteria door (Filled with 15 Nazi's) and shot bazooka shots at buildings. 100% realistic.
Channler
I have that game, it was fun but you couldn't shoot anything.. And I've shot a Enfeild (SP) its much more accurate then that garand.. they should be fairly close
Fuzzy Knight
[quote=Channler]I love MOHAA.. that was prob the best in my opinion.. Storming the Beaches of Normandy.. That sent me into a WW2 craze gathering and compiliing as much information as possible.. In fact right now I'm studying how the hell Hitler captivated the german people[/quote]
I've seen a movie about that... On a school in America, a teacher had read many books and studied Hitler, and made a experiment on the students that they didn't know...

Through disiplin and much more he made them act different and trusted each other and of course the teacher. They found a logo to their 'croup' thingy and started taking it all seriously and bla bla... In the end they were totally under his control.. Little hard to explain, but the movie is very good...

Think its called 'The Wave' or something wink.gif
minque
Since itīs a warm and sunny day( at least in Sweden).......have some icecream!

*hands out icecream and waffles to all customers in the coffee-shop*
Fuzzy Knight
[quote=minque]Since itīs a warm and sunny day( at least in Sweden).......have some icecream!

*hands out icecream and waffles to all customers in the coffee-shop*[/quote]
Yaaay... its hot here and the sun is breaking up the clouds right now... Mhmm.. :lickinglips:

*Fuzzy dives into the mountains of icecream and waffles*

Hmm, I think we have some Snickers Ice in the fridge or something, I'll see... If I can get one :lickinglips:
minque
Ahh yummy! I have a large cone with vanilla icecream and chocolate in the freezer here at work, gonna get it in about 10 minutes! woot
Fuzzy Knight
D'oh... didn't have any ice cream, but tomorrow is the last school day! Then we will have lots of chocolate and candy! :lickinglips:
minque
ohh sounds really good, here the kids have had summer-vacation for over a week by now! You are late in Norway!!

Gonna Work this summer Fuzz??
Fuzzy Knight
Hmm, well depends if I find any good places to work... Gonna send some mails around at the end of this week I think..

Thought about if there was any jobs I could do in one of the "Fantasy" stores in Oslo, have much cool stuff there, Manga, Warhammer, D&D, Swords, Knives, Magazines and much more... Tons of books, gonna see if there anything that I could do there... tongue.gif Carry stuff... :rofl:
Chumbaniya
I'll finish school on friday, but I only have to actually do anything on wednesday morning and friday morning since those are my last 2 exams. Ater that I've got 9 weeks of holiday. Yeeeeeeeeeeee! Heh, and my brother still has 3 more weeks of school after I finish, so I get to hog the computer wink.gif
minque
Achh you lucky minxes......I have to work almost 4 more weeks until Iīll get holiday...... sad.gif
Fuzzy Knight
[quote=minque]Achh you lucky minxes......I have to work almost 4 more weeks until Iīll get holiday...... sad.gif[/quote]
At least u have the forum, and if u work with a computer that haves internet then its fun :rofl:
minque
yeah....so far but one day my company will forbid us to visit such sites..Iīm sure, but so far I do have it yes!
Weltbild
I'm blocked from all the official sites at work, but can still hit Portal, Source and this site. Oh that the world would embrace the TES world and raise it to its rightful place in society! wink.gif

[img]http://www.tes.hawkeyeweltbild.com/images/Br6k.jpg[/img]
gamer10
Uh . . okay.

Anyway, just a question.

Who's waiting for War of The Worlds.
Dantrag
ME! *raises hand*

I think anything that once made the world go into mass panic is awesome.

(Some people thought the radio show of it was real...lol)
Wolfie
I'm gonna go see it, but i'm undecided as to whether it's a good thing or not that it's set in modern times. The book was set in the 1800's, and all they had to fight the aliens was cannon and muskets and junk
Dantrag
Me either, but I'll go see it and give it a chance before I say too much...
Aki
W00t!

My school finally let out today, and my Summer vacation has now started. cool.gif

ah... biggrin.gif

[quote=gamer10]Uh . . okay.

Anyway, just a question.

Who's waiting for War of The Worlds.[/quote]

Me! o/
minque
Great Aki! w00t...

*gives Aki a :cake:
Dantrag
[gloat] I was out may 24th....[/gloat]

tongue.gif

glad you're finally out though...
Darkwing
I have a new found respect for Tom Cruise now that hes in WotW.
Chumbaniya
I'm out of school (for good) in two days. A day of lazing around tomorrow, then my last exam - which is also the longest sad.gif - on friday. After the exam, though, I'm going for an all-you-can-eat at Pizza Hut, and I fully intend to eat until food is coming out of my ears biggrin.gif
Konji
Wow, we break up at the end of july. Though we are going to Noramandy for a week on a school trip in a week! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Aki
[quote=minque]Great Aki! w00t...

*gives Aki a :cake:[/quote]
*devours :cake: in a single bite* Yummy. :lickinglips:

[quote]Wow, we break up at the end of july. Though we are going to Noramandy for a week on a school trip in a week[/quote]

NormandY? :shocked:

My school never even leaves the state, and you're leaving the freaking country? :eek:

Wowzers.
Konji
It's only across the channel.
Fuzzy Knight
Hmm, my vecation started today too... no school in 2 months.. :lickinglips:
Channler
Can someone tell me what England/GreatBritian/Britian is called?

Is it all of thoes things? Or is it just one of them?
9of9
England is England.

England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland all constitute the United Kingdom. Great Britain is practically the same thing - the words UK and GB are often used synonymously; in actual fact, I think they differ by a few islands between them... not sure.

[img]http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/europe/united-kingdom.jpg[/img]

Never ever confuse 'England' with 'Britain' - the Scots and the Welsh tend to get a bit upset about these things.

Hope this answers the question somewhat tongue.gif
gamer10
[quote=Konradude]It's only across the channel.[/quote]

Oh, well I think he was talking about the USA.

Yeah, I've never gone out of state either.
Wolfie
And defnintely never refer to Ireland as part of the UK. I get very annoyed when people do that, as do most Irish people who live in the Republic
minque
[quote=LoneWolf]And defnintely never refer to Ireland as part of the UK. I get very annoyed when people do that, as do most Irish people who live in the Republic[/quote]

why of course! Ireland is Ireland, no question about that, itīs like when people think Copenhagen is the capital of Sweden!!!.. :eek:
Rane
[quote=minque]
why of course! Ireland is Ireland, no question about that, itīs like when people think Copenhagen is the capital of Sweden!!!.. :eek:[/quote]

Naah, everyone knows that Oslo is the capital of Sweden.
minque
Soo? You donīt learn geography in Finland anymore??? wink.gif
Fuzzy Knight
[quote=minque]Soo? You donīt learn geography in Finland anymore??? wink.gif[/quote]
What? Thought Oslo was the capital of Sweden! :ashamed:
minque
Ok..so no geography knowledge in Norway either...hmm just what I expected wink.gif
gamer10
I have no geography knowledge at all tongue.gif

The capital of Sweden is Stockholm.

Am I right?
Fuzzy Knight
No...

Stockholm is the capital of Holland.. :goodjob:
gamer10
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855603.html

Check there. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Chumbaniya
[quote=gamer10]I have no geography knowledge at all tongue.gif

Am I right?[/quote]

Ah! I think that must be it. I was trying to make sure I knew all the capitals of the scandinavian countries after those posts earlier. Am I right with this?

Denmark -> Copenhagen
Norway -> Oslo
Finland -> Helsinki
Sweden -> Stockholm
gamer10
Correct now what's the capital of Macedonia?
Fuzzy Knight
[quote=Chumbaniya][quote=gamer10]I have no geography knowledge at all tongue.gif

Am I right?[/quote]

Ah! I think that must be it. I was trying to make sure I knew all the capitals of the scandinavian countries after those posts earlier. Am I right with this?

Denmark -> Copenhagen
Norway -> Oslo
Finland -> Helsinki
Sweden -> Stockholm[/quote]
Haha... Helsinki is one of the bases near Area 51.. :goodjob:
Chumbaniya
I have no idea, so I'll guess Macedon. If in doubt, give the country's name, or a name similar to the country's name tongue.gif I'm trying to think of countries that works for, and the only one I can remember is Brazil (and possibly Luxembourg)
Rane
[quote=gamer10]Correct now what's the capital of Macedonia?[/quote]

Skopje

[quote=Fuzzy Knight]Haha... Helsinki is one of the bases near Area 51.. [/quote]

The media has done it again.
Chumbaniya
Where is Macedonia anyway? For some reason the name makes me think of Alexander the Great, was he from Macedonia?
gamer10
[quote=Chumbaniya]Where is Macedonia anyway? For some reason the name makes me think of Alexander the Great, was he from Macedonia?[/quote]

No he was from Brazil. He conquered all the other South American countries as well.

:lmao:
Red
I believe Macedonia is a country near Crete. My great grandfather had four sons that were all from Crete but had different passports to fish in different countries. It took us decades to figure out where they were all from. First we thought Venice, then Greece, then Macedonia and then we figured out he was from Crete.
9of9
I think Macedonia was somewhere around Greece or Yugoslavia...

[quote=Chumbaniya][quote=gamer10]I have no geography knowledge at all tongue.gif

Am I right?[/quote]

Denmark -> Copenhagen
Norway -> Oslo
Finland -> Helsinki
Sweden -> Stockholm[/quote]

Yey! I was betting with myself Stockholm was the capital of Sweden tongue.gif

(ThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouAstridLindgren)
Channler
You people have no idea were macedonia is?!

Try directly north of greece.. Though I don't think its called that anymore..

And yes alexander the great was a macedonian

http://iam.classics.unc.edu/map/download/a..._a7_regions.pdf
gamer10
Nope, don't really care for "Alexander the Great" .

Didn't bother to see the movie.

(Oops, forgot my copy of Mozilla performs an illegal operation whenever I try to open a PDF file through it.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.