Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A word from our sponsor
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
stargelman
Some of you have undoubtedly noticed that there's been quite a bit of highly unusual commotion and drama around here lately. Things have happened, some other things have been utterly misunderstood and people have been blamed.

I was entirely clueless as to these happenings until I found a storm of PMs in my inbox that did more to confuse me than to give me any idea as to what was happening. It took a while to unfiddle it all, but I now have a relatively clear picture, at least concerning the what, not necessarily the why. I'm not going to go into details here because I do not intend to continue the drama in any way.

We debated over what to do with this. Some people feel hurt, others are confused and a lot of people are sad. Some decided to leave forever and never come back. I, nor any of my peers, can change that. It's their decision after all. I feel however that it is very much necessary to clear up a few very bad misconceptions.
  • Moderators of chorrol.com are discussing amongst themselves actions to be taken in specific situations. No moderator acts alone on important issues. This is true for ALL of them.
  • The moderators are not some kind of secret police that is sworn to make your life hell. They are trying to preserve this board because it and it's members are dear to them.
  • You will probably never know all of the reasons why certain decisions are made. You can only believe us when we tell you that we try to do our very best to keep this community working.
  • None of the moderators are lone gunmen that want to control your thoughts. I know, it should go without saying, but obviously some are unclear on this point.
  • If you have an issue with one moderator, then bring it up with a different one. They will then discuss amongst themselves and come to a consensus. If you are unhappy with that decision then please contact an admin. Please do not bring it up in a public thread, because all that does is fan the flames and cause more work and problems for everyone involved.
  • If you discuss an issue you're having with a moderator, please do it in a civil tone. Name-calling isn't going to help us see your point.
  • The moderators are not very keen on using their power, despite what you may think.
  • And finally, we're all just human.
Right now, I'm really sad because apparently, some of you prefer to think the very worst of your co-forumers when they're just trying to keep running a place you all care about.

I can only appeal to everyone's better nature: try a little harder to make this work.

I'm not going to add "Or ELSE" because there's really been enough drama for the next two years smile.gif

So, good denizens of the people of Chorrol, what say you? Shall we try to make this work a little better?
mirocu
I´m actually stumped mellow.gif I have really no idea what has happened but I´d like to say that if I ever made an offensive post I´m deeply sorry and I´d like to add that it was intended as a joke amongst friends and not anything else.

I agree with our dear Senor Snore. Lets keep this a cheerful place smile.gif
King Of Beasts
We can try and make things work a little better.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what's going on, but I think some people might be overacting a bit. Yes, I'm sad that some of the forumers are leaving, but I think we can work our problems out without getting mad at each other and fighting.

I love this forum because everyone here is so friendly, and it's such a warm, welcoming community, as it makes me sad to see friends fight with each other when we should be getting along.
ImperialSnob
Why can't we be friends,oh why can't we be friends?
Grits
When I see a forum conflict I imagine it as a fire. A public reply is akin to dumping a bucket of something on it. If I have to respond, I’d rather dump a bucket of water. Never a bucket of gasoline.

I don’t enjoy forum drama. Life provides enough of that. This is place of inspiration and refuge for me. I hope those who have water in their buckets will stay.

Er… although the above is meant figuratively, I should mention that it’s never a good idea to put water on a grease fire. Then you should smother it with something like a cookie sheet or baking soda. smile.gif
SubRosa
I guess I live under a rock, because I have no idea what is going on?

*crawls back under rock*
Kiln
There have simply been a few minor issues and some major misunderstandings that have resulted in some pretty unfortunate things happening. Lets just all try to get along for a while and hopefully the issues that some of you probably know about will be worked out in due time.
Elisabeth Hollow
I think a big thing to remember is that we're all human here. No robots here. Sometimes we get hysterical, like myself last wee when I took an innocent, offhand comment from a dear friend and made it into something monstrous. We do that occasionally. Sometimes us calm people lose our heads, and sometimes the hotheads are the voice of reason.

If we need to step away from the computer for a bit and take a break from the site, then we should respect each others' decisions to do so and be supportive. We DO have outside lives that stress us out and carry over into what goes on here. Don't think I don't notice when y'all get snippy with me, lol. But I let it go, because this is just a part of our lives, not our whole lives. Things go on that we don't see with each other. Bills, marital issues, children issues, work issues, things that are no one else's business.

I encourage everyone to stop and think when upset over something on here.

-Is it worth getting upset over?
-Does this affect my waking real life?
-Is the principle of the matter really worth ruining the standing I have here?

Not all of these questions are going to be no's, of course, but really, pick your battles, and wage them quietly.
minque
I couldn't have said it better. So very wise words

I love you Liz!
Darkness Eternal
How many mods are on duty now that we've had this drama increase? I only know of Kiln, Acadian and Minque. Any other active mods I should be aware of?
King Of Beasts
Burnt Sierra.
mirocu
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Sep 27 2013, 11:44 PM) *

How many mods are on duty now that we've had this drama increase? I only know of Kiln, Acadian and Minque. Any other active mods I should be aware of?

If you have to ask that question, you probably should think twice before each post wink.gif tongue.gif
Acadian
Yes, minque, Kiln, Burnt Sierra, Wolfie and I. Five total. smile.gif
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 27 2013, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Sep 27 2013, 11:44 PM) *

If you have to ask that question, you probably should think twice before each post wink.gif tongue.gif

Well, you know me.

I'll behave in this community due to the presence of younger users. But I am only curious.
Burnt Sierra
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Sep 27 2013, 10:44 PM) *

I only know of Kiln, Acadian and Minque.

Yes!!!! My invisibility potion worked!

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Sep 27 2013, 10:45 PM) *

Burnt Sierra.

Hm. Maybe not then. tongue.gif

mALX
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Sep 22 2013, 04:19 PM) *

I think a big thing to remember is that we're all human here. No robots here. Sometimes we get hysterical, like myself last wee when I took an innocent, offhand comment from a dear friend and made it into something monstrous. We do that occasionally. Sometimes us calm people lose our heads, and sometimes the hotheads are the voice of reason.

If we need to step away from the computer for a bit and take a break from the site, then we should respect each others' decisions to do so and be supportive. We DO have outside lives that stress us out and carry over into what goes on here. Don't think I don't notice when y'all get snippy with me, lol. But I let it go, because this is just a part of our lives, not our whole lives. Things go on that we don't see with each other. Bills, marital issues, children issues, work issues, things that are no one else's business.

I encourage everyone to stop and think when upset over something on here.

-Is it worth getting upset over?
-Does this affect my waking real life?
-Is the principle of the matter really worth ruining the standing I have here?

Not all of these questions are going to be no's, of course, but really, pick your battles, and wage them quietly.

This.

PhonAntiPhon
<-- Rewinds over any recent conversations... <phew>

I think Ms H has the right of it.
Speaking as someone who has certainly in the past been more than capable of picking a fight with his own reflection I find this little part of teh Interwebz to be one of the 2 little islands of calm and general excellent-ness to which I find myself constantly returning.

Admittedly I tend to only interact with the same folks on here - (often the same ones as are in The Other Forum) - but I kinda find it difficult to believe that anyone on here would get bent out of shape by or about anyone else.
I do hope it stays that way, it's a pleasant change to find forums that aren't war zones.

(Unless you're in the Warzone forum, obviously. <ahem>).
Kiln
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Sep 27 2013, 09:44 PM) *

You can check mods/admins any time by clicking the members tab at the top right hand section of the page. Once it opens you can use the drop down menu near the bottom to filter through Admins, Mods, Members and then click "go" to see the list. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.