Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per Aspera Ad Astra: Through Hardships To The Stars
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Fiction
Pages: 1, 2
Darkness Eternal
I’d like to thank everyone for sticking around and taking the time to read my stories, even perhaps as a sense of obligation perhaps. I’ve decided to stop writing. Thank you all so much for reading (the few that did). It was fun and adventurous and I had an amazing time writing them.

I don’t want to leave the ending of these stories left to imagination. I suppose I owe you guys more than that. mALX and Acadian have been here since the beginning and I thank you two especially for providing amazing feedback! I won’t finish these stories but I already had an ending written for each of them, including a planned Order Vampyrum: Daughter of Coldharbour tale. Here are the summaries and endings of each story.

Blood Coin: Upon being taken by the Reachmen, Vera plans her survival and assassination of the Hagraven. Being moon-born isn’t enough for the barbarians, and to test her loyalty to them Vera chases down the Legion soldiers in a ceremonial hunt for sport through the unpredictable terrain of the Reach.
Arnskar is felled by Vera’s arrows, as the others. Vera returns to the Reachmen camp and officially becomes a member of the clan. Her membership is short-lived as she saves Maccius from his fate and kills the hagraven. As she and Maccius flee, the Glenmoril witch that tasked her with this quest opens a portal to her lair deep in the mountains of the Pale Region.

Maccius discovers Vera’s true intentions: in exchange for the hagraven’s head she is to receive back her Daedric dagger, an artifact from Hircine said to claim the souls of all those killed by its edge, in hopes of taking the souls of the men who had betrayed her. Maccius tells her of the psychological and moral ramifications, though Vera ignores his warnings.

The Glenmoril witch hands Vera the dagger, and the young huntress his given a terrifying vision of all those claimed by the blade. Vera is dissuaded and leaves for Winterhold with Maccius in search for Eveline. Vera is given news that infuriates her: Eveline left for Falkeath several weeks prior with Astien, whom Vera believed dead.

Maccius the healer invites Vera to the home of his Nord grandparents in Falkreath, old warriors who have settled for a quiet life. Vera is given valuable wisdom and is warned about the beast that dwells inside her: her thirst for revenge.

Vera ultimately saves the locals from the criminal elements she’s been hunting, and returns to Cyrodiil where she is paid handsomely by Imperial nobleman Draken Decumus. Vera leaves behind her notions for bloody retribution and seeks a quiet life. She confesses to Eveline about her father's murder and eveline in the end forgives Vera. Story ends with Vera waking up in the wilderness to find another werewolf: Lycus.

Per Aspera Ad Astra: Lycus meets Vera a second time, and the two become great yet reluctant allies. Lycus is pulled back into the gladiator life and is lured by its financial promises for the sole reason to give his family a better life. Lycus encounters gangsters, threats who bring up his past as a slave to haunt him, and many other dangers.

Along the way Lycus also encounters Lashun who is living lavishly in a villa by Skingrad, and discovers a cult of Sanguine operating near Leyawiin where he and Shavaash are transported through realms of Oblivion in a comical and whimsical side-adventure mirroring the quest “A Night To Remember.”
The story ultimately ends with Lycus and his father reconciling, Vera leaving behind her murderous ways and making peace with her sister’s summoned ghost. Epilogue is far into the future and we see Lycus and Vera with children and also the promise of a new threat: The Vigilantes of Stendarr.
Acadian
I’m so happy you are continuing Lycus’ saga!

This was a perfect return to the Imperial City, from where he was snatched off on a journey through slavery, the fighting pits and Oblivion. Since this is a new book, you’ve applied just the right touch of reminding us about Lycus’ past and his friend Shavaash.

Though this is just the intro, it already feels uplifting and I can feel how full of hope Lycus is. Since he is not shy about sharing his feelings with us, I think your choice of first person is a good one.
Renee
Damn. See, this is why I wish I'd joined Chorrol long ago, back when a friend told me about the place. I have no idea what Lycus's tale is about, and feel like I'm coming at this tale from behind. biggrin.gif Oh well.

I'm assuming they've moored up at the Waterfront? Hope I got that right.

Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
BretonBlood
A new saga in Lycus's story??? I'll take it! Sorry I am so late to the party I was out of town and missed what was happening lol.

As Acadian pointed out, just the first chapter had a much joyous and light tone to it than Lycus's previous stories. I like it, it will be nice to see his story told this way, and from first person.

Seeing Lycus and Shavaash go their separate ways is bittersweet and does not surprise me that it tugs at Lycus's heartstrings. They have been through so much and have finally reached their goal and get to embark on a new life. Of course it wouldn't be Shavaash without giving out words of wisdom and warning Lycus about his condition to make sure he keeps it in check.

I can't wait to see what happens next, and what this family reunion will be like. Will his mother still be alive? Will she not believe him? How will his father react? Can't wait to find out.
Acadian
Gosh, much to love here!

Your description of Sabani was delightful – she quite stole the show and freedom suits her as nicely as it suits a freed butterfly.

Though a sad farewell between Lycus and Shavaash, anytime two warrriors part and both are in good health & spirits, it is a good farewell. That both are still alive shows their ability to soundly beat the odds.

There is a true sense of anticipation emanating from Lycus as he is now on the final short leg to his rural homestead. Though too early to tell, he seems to have a healthy and balanced attitude regarding what he may – or may not – find.

I’m pleased to see your episode length discipline seems to be improving with this new book. Indeed, shorter episodes encourage savoring methinks. You may also want to resume preceding each episode with a very brief ‘in our previous episode’ sentence or two. Oh, and an elegantly effective approach in your intro to mention and provide a link to a wonderful summary of Lycus' previous book.

Lycus’ story continues to be a pleasure to read and I am enjoying this new one. smile.gif
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Acadian
’… look at the muscles on you!” tongue.gif

There’s really no good way of breaking the news of Lycus’ return. That was made even harder by the belief that some poor slaughterfish-eaten wretch had washed ashore with such timing that he was presumed to be the recently missing Kraven.

It does seem that his mother absolutely recognizes him though and I do hope they enjoy a welcome reunion.

Initially, the farmstead gives the impression of not being in crisis and having survived. I’m still nervous about that though.
Renee
Wow, that's so wild. I just put the title of this 'fic into a translator site. I was guessing "Per Aspera Ad Astra" is Latin, and it is. biggrin.gif

Part 2: Aw. Lycus so sad about departing from the Khajiit.

The part when Shavaash says "I don't want to hear rumors about missing villagers and dead livestock." What's that about? I mean, I know what's implied here, I'm just wondering how extensively Lycus participated in such activities.

-----

Part 3:
BretonBlood
You wrote the reunion between Lycus and his mother about as perfect as you could get it. His anticipation, her disbelief and automatically assuming this person is pretending to be her son as a sick joke, and finally her revelation that this truly is her son. As my mother always says she would be able to tell I was her son even if she didn't see me for 10 years. Great chapter, and now we have to see how Lycus's father reacts to this.
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Renee
Parts III & IV: Finally caught up. Wow. His mother didn't even recognize him, probably because of all his hair & muscles, huh? And father kind of scared me. I was actually relieved when he softened up at the end.

And it makes me wonder if Lycus is going to do anything about this marauder problem. viking.gif I mean granted, I don't know the fellow at all of course, but the implication is definitely there. I hope he kicks some marauder ass!

I could be way off though. Maybe he's not about that at all.

BretonBlood
Whoa, wasn't expecting Alessia to just lose it like that, but I guess it makes sense given the circumstances, how many people have their son disappear for 4 years and then return looking like a completely different person?

And now Kerstus is back, and I can't wait to see how he reacts, just from his initial reaction he seems to be a new man, and in disbelief that his son is alive. But I get the feeling he will be happy and more loving then before.

I also think Lycus will help solve this marauder problem.... perhaps sooner than we think depending on the lunar cycle...
Acadian
Tiber! Woot! I had almost forgotten about him. What a fitting companion for Lycus he will be now.

I expect Lycus will find a way to share some of his experiences with his parents to help them fill the void that is now full of questions. Yet, I’m sure he won’t share everything with them.

I am pleased that, at least initially, the reunion with his father is going okay.
mALX

=1=
Home

I can't believe he is finally seeing Cyrodiil again! I have waited years with him for this moment, and it is finally here! How hard it must have been to write his first glimpse of Cyrodiil! Did you tear up writing it? I am not ashamed to say, I teared up reading it. Awesome Write!!!

Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Acadian
Oh my. Lycus handles this tentatively promising reunion with the aplomb of a minotaur in a crystal shoppe. ohmy.gif

He does make his point, but then seems unable to stop himself from almost intentionally trying to sabotage things. There comes a point where overly thrashing his mother’s earnestly apologetic husband does not elevate his mother. Nor does a strained reunion between husband and son. I think even he realizes that a touch of grace and forgiveness is called for here. It is just that his history and nature make that difficult for him.

Interesting what he chose to tell – and not tell – his family.
mALX
=2=
~Home~

This is a huge quote, but I didn't want to miss any of it:

I laughed and tapped the sword at my side. “After the things we’ve faced you’re telling me to be careful? I don’t think the guards will be looking for any of us.”

“You know well what I’m talking about.” Shavaash said to me. His face, usually so impassive, was blotched with distress. “I don’t want to hear rumors about missing villagers and dead livestock.”

“Don’t worry about me,” I told him. I had for a moment the oddest stir of concern, a flutter in my chest. Then it vanished. “I can find a way to put it under control—maybe. Perhaps—” I broke off.

Shavaash was never one to pull punches, and he doesn't here either. I'm glad he took this one possibly last moment with Kraven to address what he had seen and learned about him. This was the first and only confrontation on it, but you could tell that it bothered Shavaash right from the moment he first learned of it.

I am so glad you wrote this here; before they parted ways. I noticed when Sabani was wanting Kraven to join them that Shavaash wasn't joining in with his; and that shows that (despite his close friendship and love for Kraven, he also fears that side of him that is beastial). By speaking up here, it cut through Kraven's giddiness and plunked reality down on him.

He does have to be careful; he does have to control that side of him now. He is going to be living amongst the civilized now, not as a slave in chains. It is important that he keep that other side in mind now that he is not living in Hircine's Realm where everything was okay because the only law was survival. The last thing he needs to do is come to Cyrodiil and let his inner beast come out and run rampant, lol.

You wrote this scene so well that both men's thoughts could be felt with them, Awesome job you did on this! And I'm glad you didn't let that ball drop on how Shavaash felt, didn't let them part without him speaking his mind on that (as so many other writers might have). Just plain Awesome write!

My happiness, my bliss, was quite simple in origin: I was alive. I was alive and home instead of being a moving target on Morrowind, or in the middle of combat praying for one more day of life in the heated cauldron of a battle without end—what a miracle, what a gift! So many times, only months before, death had seemed such a certainty that my very aliveness became a recurrent marvel.

So well written, we are def feeling this with Kraven! Fantastic Write, I am so excited by Kraven finally being in Cyrodiil !!!!

mALX
=3=
~Home~

I was really having trouble understanding how the carriage driver (and his nosiness) was an important part of this story, but I get the bad feeling that we have not seen the last of him in this segment of Kraven's story. The dogs' reactions were either to Kraven or the driver, and since the driver knew to get down from the cart = I'd say they were for him.

But enough about that = to the moment I've waited for all these years:

I said nothing as I watched her there. I dared not move lest I wanted to startle her into fleeing. In the stillness the sky howled and raged as tumultuous storm pitched in the firmament between Aetherius and Oblivion. We never ceased looking at each other. At last I spoke, my voice came pained and laborious and with a sort of faint gurgle or croak, like a frog’s. “Mother . . . It's me.”

Her eyes ran the entirety of my body. She tottered and raised her twitching fingers to her face, running her fingers nervously over her lips in utter shock beyond comprehension. She shrank from me not through any threat or fear but because in this new form I had, that of a stranger, unpredictable and un-son-like, a freak. And at that instant, in that outlandish behavior that cowed her, she fell to her knees on the floor in front of me and crooked her arm around my waist, pulling me close and looking up. She stared up at me. “My son . . .”

She pressed her head against my stomach and wrapped her arms around me. The impetuous, almost savage, embrace—her furious gust of emotion—took me off guard and made me give an inward groan. Kneeling, she clung to me as a drowning woman would, and for long seconds I felt as if she might pull me down; but then I stood my ground and beheld her pain and surprise.

“How?” she blurted, too loud, “How? Gods how? How!?” And once more she grasped me tightly.

Numb with despair, I could say nothing.

“I have missed you. So much . . .” I faltered and fell silent.

“This isn’t possible! Gods . . . my son . . . you’re here. You’re alive!” She gripped me hurtfully, weeping and wailing.

I was seized by a hot convulsive emotion that I had never known so powerfully before—it was like a roaring in my ears. For what I had seen on this woman’s face was relief and sadness—relief and sadness wrenched from the very depths of her soul—and the sight of that, the vision of that tender self so reduced to this helpless state of sobs and bloodless clenched knuckles and scalding tears, caused me an irresistible, flooding moment of desire. To embrace her back.

And I did.

The whole chapter should be quoted for your fantastic descriptive writing; but this scene was so long awaited; so well written; so emotional - just plain AWESOME culmination to all those years of wanting to see Kraven reach his Mother's side again! HUGE Write !!!!

=4=
~Home~

BWAAAAAAH! This reunion is so touching! I think he is going to have to tell them some of what happened, isn't he?

And oh, I had forgotten about the gold - obviously so did Kraven, or he wouldn't have left it outside all night, lol.

Awesome write !!!

mALX

=5=
~Family~

Kraven's Father is no longer the brute of the family = Kraven is the brute now. He is the one drinking and bringing home anger to tear up the peace of the house. He is angry at his Father for doing that years ago, but he is doing it now. Will his mother never have the peace she deserves? I'll bet Kraven flipping that table and wasting food that is obviously precious to them right now just reminded her of the pain of what she endured in the past, it didn't/wouldn't make her feel better to see the man confronted for his crimes years later when he had long since changed his ways.

Urgh, Kraven! Stop fighting, and learn when the battle is over! And his Father was so obviously overjoyed to see him, too. verysad.gif

Really great write, I just hoped that his coming home and all he has been through would have given him at least a few minutes of peace to be happy he was back and put away the anger for another time. And he is still blaming others for his being shoved onto that ship to Morrowind instead of realizing it was his own hubris, his own mouth running and arrogant attitude that caused that. He may have been there trying to get money because of his Father's not taking care of business, but that isn't what got him thrown on that boat.

BretonBlood
Whoa... Lycus almost lost it this chapter. I do, but don't feel bad for his father. Kerstus obviously did horrible things and it wasn't until Kraven disappeared that he decided to clean his act up and I think he is truly remorseful for how he was in the past. But I really don't blame Lycus for his behavior, he suffered through a lot and it's hard to forgive and to forget. I am glad that he did restrain himself.

I love the last sentence though, it really takes the whole chapter and wraps it up perfectly, if that makes sense, Lycus has wanted this moment for so long and to have a loving family where they all get along and love each other. He has that, but look what it cost him and look at what all he and his mother had to go through at the hands of his father. I can understand why he doesn't share the sentiment.
Renee
What a touching chapter, until father and son almost came to blows, that is. It's good they seem to have resolved things, at least.

Come and think of it, I think I read one of Kraven's previous books. There was a book in which he (or one of yours) became a slave in Morrowind?
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Acadian
This episode opened with a welcome look at the farmstead in some detail. It is great that Lycus has his own small outlying cottage and a working forge to busy his hands and mind. Simplicity and hard work as a smith are an excellent recipe to retune him a bit from his long trip to Oblivion and back. I chuckled to learn he was augmenting his voracious diet with fishy sticks from town.

Lashun the snake! tongue.gif

Uh oh. This looks like a protection racket gang of thugs. I wonder if there is more to it than that. Hopefully, Lycus' mother can enlighten him.
Renee
He mentions moons and a coming change. He is a ... uh .. a werewolf??? blink.gif
BretonBlood
As Acadian mentioned, seeing your descriptions of Lycus's farm work was welcome and enjoyable, and a perfect way to keep his mind and body busy. Having the vigor of a Lycanthrope helps with such work I would think, less tiring out.

I got a really good chuckle at Lycus naming the snake Lashun. Nice throwback.

And who are these men? They say they are looking out and keeping the farms safe, but I am thinking that's a lie. Unless they make the farmers pay them for their protection. Either way we haven't seen the last of them and I get the feeling Lycus is going to have another job to take of... one less clean than farming.
mALX

As far as he is concerned he’s the only werewolf in Cyrodiil and only Shavaash is privy to his secret. He’ll have to make plans on how he’s going to leave on those special nights. How he is going to accomplish this, and if he’ll meet another of his kind along the way remains to be seen smile.gif

GAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!

KABOOOOM !!!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

Oooh, you just teased me with that lure!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOT !!!! Now the excitement is building, I can't wait !!!!!!

=6=
~Commencement of Trouble~

LOVE the snake solution for the bats, rats, mice, and general rodentia in the barn, but the name for it Lashun had me rolling! Makes me wonder if we will see "The Mouth" again here in Cyrodiil!!! Hopefully as a friend this time, lol.

Oh crap, this bit with these men does not sound good. I don't like the sound of this at all. Maybe wolfy Lycus can pay these men a visit when the moon is full and make sure they stop bothering his family. That will give him plenty to eat for a while, but he will have to pick the back hairs out of his teeth for months...

And by the way, it was mentioned in the last chapter and then never mentioned again = where the hell is the gold that Kraven brought home with him? He left it outside the house for anyone to find and take, and his father found it - where is it now?

AWESOME Write !!!!!!! You cannot imagine how much I love this story from the first book; through every book since including this! Awesome, AWESOME Write !!!! You have an amazing talent !!!

Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Acadian
This is a most revealing and welcome look into Kestius’ history and explains a lot. I also happily detect Lycus’ resentment toward his father softening.

So, it is off to Cyrodiil with a big bag of gold prudently hidden under farmer roughspun. Perhaps Lycus will run into Lashun.

I don’t expect his meeting with dishonorable thugs to go well. But I’m also betting that Lycus has the ability to take care of both himself and his family.

Nit: “Your father still owns coin.” - - This quite confused me until gradually I realized that you meant owes instead of owns.
BretonBlood
Getting to see some of Kerstus's backstory was a really nice touch. While his past doesn't excuse his actions towards his family, it does help us understand why he was the way he was. Great addition to the chapter.

I love the comment Alessia says, "You’re going to the Imperial City like that? With that beard?” Sounds like my mother when I don't shave hahaha.

This confrontation will be interesting to say the least. I have no doubt that Lycus can take care of them, but whether or not it will end in a bloodbath remains to be seen.
mALX

I don't think Kraven should bring all that money with him, or leave his mother alone to face those leering bandits. But he does seem to know already who his mother was referring to in the Imperial City; so hopefully he has some plan in mind. The trouble I have with this is that = to this date Kraven's plans have not been well thought out and have caused him nothing but worse trouble than he started out with. I hope he is cautious, especially in showing that gold around. Never show someone what you have and you traveling solo when a gang of the worst dregs of society can so easily find you on the road home and take it from you and then you have nothing to help your mother with.

This had to be a hard chapter to write, all the bad memories of his childhood that were never far from the surface of his mind. It has to be hard to forgive or trust this new man, but I hope whatever time it takes that from now on Kraven manages to keep control of his temper and not stir the old coals anymore = at least not in his mother's presence.

As always, an Awesome write! You may not be able to redeem his father in our eyes, or even make us understand his reasons for how he treated his family = but your writing is so good that we find ourselves caring about him despite who he is/has been to Kraven and Alessia.

Renee
That's awesome. Mum's worried about his beard, meanwhile it is merely part of his new disguise! Can't wait to see what happens!
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Renee
That's going to be one tense discussion in the Feed Bag. But it's good Kraven saved the day. Dad's a mess!
Acadian
‘Street hawkers advertised their wares, sausages, wine, cheese, trinkets…’ - - While Lycus irritation over this is understandable, Buffy got quite excited over this passage – Shopppppping in the IC! tongue.gif

Happily, Lycus well remembers that beggars are a great source of info and he uses that to his advantage.

Ah, the arena. I should certainly imagine the sounds and smells there ignite many strong memories of his time as a slave-gladiator in Morrowind.

Urg. I’m looking forward to Kerstus explaining the pickle he’s gotten himself into that extends all the way to the arena in Kvatch and a scary sounding orc gladiator. Something tells me, this won’t be over until perhaps Lycus faces this big orc. . . .
mALX

=8=

My favorite part of this chapter was Kraven's dealings with the beggar, and how he compared her quick pocketing of the coin to his own magic act, lol. That was a playful and personable side of Kraven that I haven't seen through all his stories, and I loved seeing this side of him!

What I heard at first and the last time these men spoke to both Kraven and his mother is that the farmers are all paying for "protection," or their farms will be burned or attacked, etc.

Now they are saying it is a bet (he supposedly is considered as having lost) for a future fight that hasn't even taken place yet? That doesn't make sense at all, why even make a bet if the ones taking the bet are going to say you lost before the fight even takes place! I think they are lying, because it doesn't make sense at all.

Not to mention that if it was a legitimate debt and a son is offering to pay for his father's debt to clear it - legitimate business would take the gold, so the fact that they won't means they don't want to relinquish the hold they have over Kraven's father.

I hope Kraven takes the time to listen to his father and learn the truth before taking some strangers' word for it over his own family's word. Especially scum like these men obviously are. I can't wait to hear what his father has to say!!!

IMHO, Kraven needs to lure them into a cave and then let his wolf out on them, laugh.gif

Awesome write, as always - especially your descriptions of the Market District, you painted a picture with the sights, sounds, and smells that was so perfectly visual it felt like being there and made me want to pull Oblivion out and visit the Market District again!

BretonBlood
"The bag I carried of coin was filled with cloth and wheat as to keep it from singing to any ears looking for its songs." I absolutely loved this sentence, it was a very creative way of getting your point across about Kraven hiding his coin.

Lycus shows he is a "magician" as well as a fighter lol, that was a nice little exchange, and the descriptions of the city were great. I would imagine for someone with Lycus's senses it would be quite the experience.

Hmmm, so these men are most definitely scamming people. Lycus was smart not to jump straight to fighting because , as he said, who knows how much leverage these thugs have in the city. I can't wait to see what Kerstus has to say about all this, however I get the feeling Lycus might be returning to his life of fighting very soon.... I am thinking a certain Orc is about to have his first lose.
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Renee
Awesome, son. Step it up! Let's see if Kraven can fool the fools.

Seriously I am glad he's sticking up for dad, sort of. He's not just dismissing him because of his past.
Acadian
A delightfully rich opening segment as Lycus provides us a full picture of the sights, sounds, smells and ambiance of the Feed Bag. Nicely done!

Though the details are not revealed yet, it is clear that Lycus plans to put a stop to these Bravilian Brigands. My initial expectation was that Lycus would pit his own formidable gladiator skills against this orc, but now I wonder if he is hatching a plan involving more cleverness and less force perhaps? We shall see.
BretonBlood
Amazing descriptions as always, bringing the Feeding Bag to life and making it feel how I imagined a tavern in the city would be.

An interesting situation, with the full moon approaching, will Lycus plan to do something with that, or will he wait until after, or is her going to try to pull off some miracle before the full moon?

Also Cocistian... a familiar name. wink.gif
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.

~Order Vampyrum: Daughter of Coldharbour~
BretonBlood
Simply amazing! Loved the descriptions as always, it really brought home the fact that his senses are getting better as the full moon gets closer.

Lycus was smart to come up with a reason for leaving for a few days without his parents questioning it. Of course, will he be able to continue this for long? How many times before they get suspicious?

And finally, a woman screaming? Right before Lycus begins screaming? Another werewolf in our midst, methinks.... A blonde werewolf at that... I am hoping my guess is right as to who this may be, if it is indeed another werewolf. We shall see.
mALX
=9=

I can tell you struggled with the writing of this chapter due to the heavy content you were imparting here. In the places where the descriptions were the most convoluted and hard to follow; the story was taking a deep swerve in plot = one of those amazing plot twists you are famous for!

Example:

I shivered violently, as if someone had thrown open at my back in the dead of winter a portal on Skyrim.

(very hard to imagine visually; breaks the momentum of the chapter a bit trying to capture your meaning at first = a smooth visually imaginable description here would have probably worked better)

I did understand what Kraven was feeling though; and it made sense with the turns the plot was taking = even to the point where it felt like what he was feeling was actually driving the plot forward. Really amazing writing; and despite the awkwardness of a couple descriptions I can feel the wheels turning inexorably in Kraven's mind. I can see his plan for the fight with the Orc, that was blatant in the last chapter too. But that won't stop these men; his plan has to cover a lot more than that fight if his mother is to be safe. And regardless he hates and is sickened by that weakness he sees in his Father = I think he will do what he can to save him too, just because of who he is.

Awesome Write !!!!

Acadian
Nicely done!

Like BretonBlood, I'm anxious to learn if the blond hair and woman's scream do indeed mean another werewolf and, if so, if she is who I think! I'm trying to hold my hopes in check for the moment in case I'm mistaken. . . .
mALX

=10=
~Werewolves? Where? Wolves? Men that are wolves?~

Holy Crap! This is one of your best written chapters EVER! You were at your best in every way in this chapter with your spectacular world building about the werewolf transformations beginning with the scent of dog strengthening as the moon that would transform him was approaching; the hair in his ears thickening and lengthening as that moon approached. Then how the moon took on a different look to him than any other moons; that darkening where his vision is actually changing to the biological functioning of a beastial preditor = this chapter is HUGE !!!! Your imagination and creativity is the greatest I've ever seen it here = AMAZING WRITE !!!!!!!!!

Where is that bowing down emoticon, you absolutely have earned it with this chapter !!!!!!!!!!

Renee
Cripes man, wow, what a change! That was intense! Such a shame he couldn't have gone after one of those bad men who are messing with his father. Of course, this wouldn't work in the middle of the Imperial City.

That was really intense though! The story went from placid to paranoid, it kinda caught me off-guard.
Darkness Eternal
Thanks for reading.
Acadian
Woot! Lycus and Vera! What a magical meeting - full of tension, humor and mystery. Seems like the Slayer of Beasts has met his match! tongue.gif
mALX

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAABOOOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

VERA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME WRITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.