Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chorrol membership is invitation only
Chorrol.com > News, Updates & Rules > News, Updates & Rules
Acadian
Chorrol has changed how we join new members due to persistent spambot infestations associated with self-registering open membership. Rather than being able to join directly, new members will only be added when sponsored/recommended by existing members. Members are encouraged to invite and sponsor folks they believe would enjoy and contribute to our friendly forum.

When you have a prospective member you wish to sponsor, send a PM to me or one of the other administrators with your candidate’s following information:

1. Desired user name. The 'Members' button in the top right corner of the forum can help you precheck that the desired name is not already in use and help avoid delays.
2. E-mail address. Though a requirement for our system, the primary purpose is for our automated assist feature should a member forget their password.

We'll register your candidate with full member privileges and provide a temporary password via PM to the sponsor that you can pass along to the new member. Easy. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Nice! Khajiit believes this will be better for everyone.
Renee
All right. Now maybe with this new method I can somehow get Turija to join here. He tried to do so back when Beth's forums closed, but his email never got the validation link.

Anyways, goodbye spambots! viking.gif ph34r.gif Go infest some other website.

Acadian
Thanks. Yes, we've also had some e-mail validation probs and this new method should help bypass that as well.
stargelman
You forgot to mention that you're an administrator now smile.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 31 2017, 12:45 PM) *

All right. Now maybe with this new method I can somehow get Turija to join here. He tried to do so back when Beth's forums closed, but his email never got the validation link.

I've PM:d him the details at Haven. We'll see what he says smile.gif
Acadian
I do appreciate stargelman giving me access to the Admin suite of tools and the expanded capabilities they provide to support our forum with. smile.gif

Well, let's hope Turija is still up for joining us. I figure quite a few of us belong to other forums and I've even asked a nice player from ESO to consider joining us.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2017, 11:33 AM) *

I do appreciate stargelman giving me access to the Admin suite of tools and the expanded capabilities they provide to support our forum with. smile.gif

Just remember: With great power comes great responsibility.

tongue.gif
stargelman
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 31 2017, 07:05 PM) *

tongue.gif

Strange... noone ever told me that...
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(stargelman @ Oct 31 2017, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 31 2017, 07:05 PM) *

tongue.gif

Strange... noone ever told me that...

Khajiit would have had he been here!
Grits
Woo! Acadian looks good in blue! biggrin.gif cake.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 1 2017, 03:05 PM) *

Woo! Acadian looks good in blue! biggrin.gif cake.gif

I know right? I'm pretty psyched about the whole thing.
Turija
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2017, 05:33 PM) *

Well, let's hope Turija is still up for joining us. I figure quite a few of us belong to other forums and I've even asked a nice player from ESO to consider joining us.

Thanks! Yes, it worked. Yay! Unfortunately our network administrator at work has the site on our “blocked “ list, so I cannot access the site from work, but my phone can access the site just fine.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Turija @ Nov 6 2017, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2017, 05:33 PM) *

Thanks! Yes, it worked. Yay! Unfortunately our network administrator at work has the site on our “blocked “ list, so I cannot access the site from work, but my phone can access the site just fine.

Khajiit does all of his Chorrol browsing/posting on his phone.
Acadian
Glad we've got you on board now, Turija! smile.gif
Lopov
I was happy to see a few days ago that we have a new admin. goodjob.gif

I also noticed that immediately afterwards some spambots or whatever fake members are called, no longer appeared on the list of active members.
mALX

Really happy to see us go to Private Membership by Invite Only. Now our growth will be a true one made up of real active members! Really hope this takes care of those pesky spambot problems!

QUOTE(stargelman @ Oct 31 2017, 09:20 AM) *

You forgot to mention that you're an administrator now smile.gif

He tried to hide that, but couldn't with those giant red letters beneath his name, laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.