Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come Celebrate Saturalia!
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3
haute ecole rider
IPB Image

Welcome to Saturalia Fest and Open House!

Julian of Anvil, Mazul gra-Duroch, Alise Sudmeri, Argis the Bulwark and Phaedre Thistleleaf invite you to join us in celebrating the Winter Solstice at our newest home, Pariah's Pinnacle!

Date: December 21st, 2017

Time: GMT: 19:00 - 04:00 (7 pm til 4 am for those of you on 12 hour clocks)
EST: 14:00 - 23:00 (2 pm til 11 pm)

CST: 13:00 - 22:00 (1 pm til 10 pm)

Both Chorrolites and Tamriel Explorer's Guild are invited! Food! Drink! Music! Dancing! Bosmer Spa!

*Discord recommended for text chat, otherwise /Zone to allow for everyone to hear each other.*
Screenshots are welcome!
Spin your character wheel, bring everyone!
Swing by in between delves, dailies, and quests!
Don't worry about the cold - there is plenty of FIRE, and frost resist amulets gold frost resist glyphs for jewelry of your choice will be provided at the door. These are gifts to keep! Just let me know what level your toons are and Maz will make them.

RSVP's would be appreciated!
Acadian
WooHoo! How wonderfully gracious of you and your crew, Rider! Buffy will, of course, be there - probably several times. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit and at least one representative of his crew will be sure to pop in at some point!
mALX

WOO HOO! Awesome picture of that fantastic tree you made! (or fantastic picture of that Awesome tree you made!!!).

If there is going to be drinking; Misa will be there, lol. And Britta plans to come as well! If Calia or Mia show up; hide the liquer!!!

Can't wait to be there for your party !!!!! (I heard Buffy might be able to stand in as the bard!). Can't wait!!!

King Coin
I'll come when I get off work. smile.gif
haute ecole rider
Whoo hoo Aravi! Looking forward to meeting you at last!

I really adore the way they have done Khajiits in ESO. I thought they were gorgeous in Skyrim, but Razumdar just blows me out of the water every time I speak to him.

And mALX, would it be best to have a Discord channel dedicated to the party? One we can set up in advance, then delete after the party is over? Or leave up for a bit so everyone can see what convos they missed?

Just ONE representative of your crew, Khajiit? Bring ‘em all! Spin that character wheel, as Grits would say!

Looking forward to seeing Dame B enjoy the Bosmer Spa with Gosse in between New Life quests!

Heads up: I might pressgang one of you into acting as interim host sometime in the early evening while I make dinner for mum and I. It’ll be frozen pizza - heat up in the oven and eat, so I shouldn’t be gone too long.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 13 2017, 06:00 PM) *

Just ONE representative of your crew, Khajiit? Bring ‘em all! Spin that character wheel, as Grits would say!

Khajiit fixed it! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 13 2017, 07:00 PM) *

Whoo hoo Aravi! Looking forward to meeting you at last!

I really adore the way they have done Khajiits in ESO. I thought they were gorgeous in Skyrim, but Razumdar just blows me out of the water every time I speak to him.

And mALX, would it be best to have a Discord channel dedicated to the party? One we can set up in advance, then delete after the party is over? Or leave up for a bit so everyone can see what convos they missed?

Looking forward to seeing Dame B enjoy the Bosmer Spa with Gosse in between New Life quests!

Heads up: I might pressgang one of you into acting as interim host sometime in the early evening while I make dinner for mum and I. It’ll be frozen pizza - heat up in the oven and eat, so I shouldn’t be gone too long.

Oh, good idea on the Discord channel! Should I make one specifically for your party (like: "Haute's Saturalia" or something) - or just make one channel for all special events? (like an "Events" channel?)

** Speaking of Khajiit; I saw a stunning female Khajiit yesterday in Belkarth; she was just gorgeous! I haven't seen any Khajiit yet with this one's facial features; I wondered if they changed some sliders so they actually work now so we can tweak faces a little better?

Oh Haute = yesterday the doctor called and set me up for a test on the 21st. I will be at your party, but it won't be till late afternoon. sad.gif

haute ecole rider
A reminder to all my Chorrolite/ESO friends that the party is TOMORROW!

I would also like to add the Discord invite to the channel mALX set up for the party. Saturalia Discord Invite It would allow mALX to listen in on the text chat and participate fully in the party conversations. Alternatively, you can use /zone chat, but it’s harder for her to keep up when the witty banter is flowing fast and furious. Especially after a few tankards of Voljar’s Spiced Mead . . .
mALX

Can't wait for your party! WOO HOO !!!
monkeyemoness
Might be jumping the gun here but chances are I won't make the party. sad.gif
Waiting on the electrician who's supposed to get here around 5-6 pm (it is nearly 5:30) and I'm not sure how long the repairs are gonna take. The Squad sends their regards either way.
King Coin
It was a blast! Thanks for hosting HER!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit hopes someone thought to get some pics! (This one got a few tongue.gif)
haute ecole rider
Ah, no worries!

I made sure to take several screenies throughout the course of the day. I have an early day at work Friday, but will try to get the screenies up as soon as possible.

Sorry, Grits and Monkey couldn’t make it! verysad.gif They were much missed.

Hazmick did make it, and that was delightful! And my friend Gray did pop in for a bit, though she didn’t stay long. After so many hours baking pies, I’m sure she was tired! But her partner Bear did come, with all five of his accounts, and I imagine all of his toons (he’s the master of spinning that character wheel!). For a while there we had five dancing fools there (his words, not mine!).

Our dear friend Gosse came twice, and of course Buffy, mALX, Khajiit and dear, dear Aravi came and stayed for much of the day.

Like I said, I will try to get linkies to screenies up ASAP.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Good stuff! It was very nice hanging out with you folks today.

And apologies again for the rug! rollinglaugh.gif
Acadian
I'm so glad some folks got screenshots. mALX reminded to to get some so I set up to do so. . . pressed a wrong key, game went wonky, had to log out and back in, then *poof* ...is that a butterfly over there? (Forgot all about screenshots, lol).

Thank you Rider! You were such a gracious hostess and Maz's home looked absolutely magnificent for Saturalia! A table and bar truly up to the standards of Sovngarde itself! And that Saturalia tree . . . wow, just wow. happy.gif

Buffy had a simply wonderful time with so many of her dear friends. Even Reaper was able to put in a brief appearance.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Reaps was there?!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2017, 10:55 PM) *

Good stuff! It was very nice hanging out with you folks today.

And apologies again for the rug! rollinglaugh.gif

SPEW!! Haute had me in hysterics with her comments on you and that rug! rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 21 2017, 10:58 PM) *

*snip*

Thank you Rider! You were such a gracious hostess and Maz's home looked absolutely magnificent for Saturalia! A table and bar truly up to the standards of Sovngarde itself! And that Saturalia tree . . . wow, just wow. happy.gif

Buffy had a simply wonderful time with so many of her dear friends. Even Reaper was able to put in a brief appearance.

THIS!!! Awesome Host, Haute!!! My favorite thing to see was how you slid that cushion under Aravi to make her more comfortable! You can't beat that for smooth! Awesome party, I'm just so sorry I had to cut out so early! (had been up since 3 a.m.; had a very busy day = pooped out early)

I loved that bar just filled with liquor of all kinds; and especially the Saturalia tree! Really fun time!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2017, 11:06 PM) *

Reaps was there?!

Did you miss Reaper? He came, and Hazmick too!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 21 2017, 10:46 PM) *

Ah, no worries!

I made sure to take several screenies throughout the course of the day. I have an early day at work Friday, but will try to get the screenies up as soon as possible.

Sorry, Grits and Monkey couldn’t make it! verysad.gif They were much missed.

Hazmick did make it, and that was delightful! And my friend Gray did pop in for a bit, though she didn’t stay long. After so many hours baking pies, I’m sure she was tired! But her partner Bear did come, with all five of his accounts, and I imagine all of his toons (he’s the master of spinning that character wheel!). For a while there we had five dancing fools there (his words, not mine!).

Our dear friend Gosse came twice, and of course Buffy, mALX, Khajiit and dear, dear Aravi came and stayed for much of the day.

Like I said, I will try to get linkies to screenies up ASAP.

Wonderful party, Haute!!! Thank you so much for throwing such an Awesome event!

I agree, there was a definite feeling of not being complete without Grits and Monkey's presence!

haute ecole rider
The Reaper that was there is not the Dark Reaper from here - but one of my friend Bear’s many incarnations. He has an account name rd_reaper. Sorry for the confusion!

And of course Phae was smooth with that cushion! She IS a Thief after all!
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 22 2017, 08:03 AM) *

The Reaper that was there is not the Dark Reaper from here - but one of my friend Bear�€™s many incarnations. He has an account name rd_reaper. Sorry for the confusion!

And of course Phae was smooth with that cushion! She IS a Thief after all!

Oh, I really thought it was Reaper from here! Bear must have numerous computers at his disposal, lol. He had several of his characters out in the same room!

You were an amazing Host, Haute! When you put that cushion under Aravi, I was floored by such a nice touch! And you had to host for hours and hours; I don't know how you did it!

I had been up since 3:30 in the morning; then had to go to the hospital for tests yesterday so was wiped out by 9 p.m. or so last night; had to leave your party early embarrased.gif But it was a blast; and you did a spectacular job on your house!

Grits
I’m so sorry we missed the party – I had hoped to get home in time to catch the end, but it wasn’t to be. Thank you Rider and team for hosting what sounds like a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing the screenies. smile.gif
mALX

*mALX taps foot, looks at watch...*

Uh, several people promised to post screenshots of this party! Where are they? ....

TheCheshireKhajiit
Don’t worry mALX. Khajiit is about send an avalanche of pics at you folks tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 27 2017, 04:09 PM) *

Don’t worry mALX. Khajiit is about send an avalanche of pics at you folks tongue.gif

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!

haute ecole rider
Sorry it took so long - work, then two of my toons demanding they get out and have fun . . .

Anyways, here's a recap of the Saturalia party.

Maz checks off her Party to do list before opening the doors.

Gosse was first to come. We had a nice chat, but she couldn't stay long - the cold was affecting her arthritis in spite of the frost resist amulet Maz made for her.

Then others arrived, and of course, the party got going in the Bosmer Spa. There was much drinking, swimming, diving, and of course, a mud ball fight. Cherry blossoms left over from the Jester's Festival also made a welcome appearance.

Then the party moved indoors and Julian and Feng showed off their blade mastery in front of the Tree.

Then Feng showed himself to be a competent musician, providing a lively tune for Julian and Aravi to dance to.

Before we knew it it was morning again, and Phae came out to relieve Julian of her hosting duties. It was back out again to the Bosmer Spa, where Phae provided a variety of music.

Gray made a quick appearance between crafting writs to show off her Nord dancing skills.

Feng had had an - umm, accident with a hairball on the fancy bear rug earlier, and Mira was a good guest, cleaning up her mate's mess. A broom, a rake, and a bucket of water had the rug looking like new again.

Buffy and Aravi chose to relax in front of the liquor cabinet later in the day while Phae provided music and Bear provided dancing entertainment. After a while, Alise took over the minstrel duties for the five dancing fools (Bear's words). (I could only fit four of them . . .)

Haz dropped in later, so Alise got to show him around the new house. She taught him how to get into position for the Polar Plunge.

The other guests were still enjoying the ambience around the liquor cabinet, so Haz and Alise provided music as a duo.

There was even synchronized Bosmer dancing!

The night ended with a nice chat on pillows.

Because Jerric and Argis never got to enjoy the party, Maz told them to come and have a party of their own when they had the chance. The next day they took it, and were joined by Buffy and Aravi. Can never have too much of a good thing, right ladies?

Of course Buffy can't resist bare pecs, and braved the cold once again to return to the Bosmer Spa. The Nord brothers finally got to check out their diving spots.

As the sun went down they enjoyed the braziers at the Spa.

And of course no visit to the Spa is complete without a mud ball fight.

Drinking, dancing and music around the keg of Voljar's Spiced Mead ensued.

Maz, Julian, Phae, Alise and Argis would like to thank everyone for coming to Pariah's Pinnacle for fun, mud balls, and music over two days. What a way to warm up this old cavern!
mALX

It was a blast! Thank you so much for throwing such a wonderful event! These screens are Awesome, I am so glad someone got pics of it all!!!

Wait, on that one picture of the diving spot, where is that? I missed that on the tour!

TheCheshireKhajiit
And a good time was had by all!

Thanks again for hosting Maz and Rider! Pinnacle is a magnificent holiday party palace!
Acadian
Wonderful pictures, Rider, and thanks for sharing. Buffy absolutely loved the friends and dancing! happy.gif

Edit: Woot, I see you added a whole album of party goodness (below)!
haute ecole rider
There are more screenies, of course, so you can see the album here. Linky to Album
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 28 2017, 12:40 PM) *

There are more screenies, of course, so you can see the album here. Linky to Album

WOO HOO! More screens !!!!!

GAAAAAH, there was a camera in the bathroom? embarrased.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I got such a kick out of Aravi's embarrassment over her reaction to drinking that Orcish ale; and Khajiit's crew (who seemed to have a bad case of food poisoning, laugh.gif ) All around an AWESOME party, a ton of fun, and the best Hostess EVAH !!!!!!!!

monkeyemoness
Ooh, I've been waiting for these. Shame I had to miss it, it looks like it was great fun.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 28 2017, 06:10 PM) *

All great shots! I absolutely LOVE that hat !!!

Acadian
Woot! more wonderful shots of a wonderful event. happy.gif Thanks for sharing, Khajiit.
King Coin
Great screenies everyone. happy.gif Loved the party!
Grits
Wow, thank you for sharing the party pictures! I had a blast looking through them. What a great party!
haute ecole rider
Bumping this up as I am considering doing this again - it was so much fun last year.

But where to put the MidWinter tree up? I could do Pariah’s again, but it needs redecorating (stripped down in some areas for furnishings in other homes), and it’s cold for some people’s tastes (yes, I’m looking at the Bosmer girls).

I do have other homes located in warmer climes with waterfalls for cavorting and playing. Anyone have a preference?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Nov 26 2018, 08:48 AM) *

Bumping this up as I am considering doing this again - it was so much fun last year.

But where to put the MidWinter tree up? I could do Pariah’s again, but it needs redecorating (stripped down in some areas for furnishings in other homes), and it’s cold for some people’s tastes (yes, I’m looking at the Bosmer girls).

I do have other homes located in warmer climes with waterfalls for cavorting and playing. Anyone have a preference?

Khajiit thinks Pariah’s is perfect for this event.
Acadian
It was indeed a wonderful event last year, Rider. You were such a gracious hostess and the ice castle was beautifully decorated. Buffy has a small reinforcement spell she can use to boost the toe ring of frostwarding that Jerric gave her years ago so she'll be fine at the ice palace if you do it there again - especially if there a fire anywhere around. And, after all, 'tis the season of cold and snow. If you wanted to change venues, the Alinor free palace might be worth considering. It depends on what you already have there and how much effort it would be. My advice? Pick a place that would give you the most enjoyment decorating for Saturalia. Your decorating skill ensures anyplace you choose will be fabulous. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 26 2018, 09:57 AM) *

It was indeed a wonderful event last year, Rider. You were such a gracious hostess and the ice castle was beautifully decorated. Buffy has a small reinforcement spell she can use to boost the toe ring of frostwarding that Jerric gave her years ago so she'll be fine at the ice palace if you do it there again - especially if there a fire anywhere around. And, after all, 'tis the season of cold and snow. If you wanted to change venues, the Alinor free palace might be worth considering. It depends on what you already have there and how much effort it would be. My advice? Pick a place that would give you the most enjoyment decorating for Saturalia. Your decorating skill ensures anyplace you choose will be fabulous. smile.gif

I couldn't have said this any better! The Pinnacle was spectacular all decorated up for Saturalia; I still remember how amazing a job you did on that awesome tree!!!!!

But you are such an amazing host, Haute = anyplace you choose will be perfect because you have a flair for decorating and I've never seen a better host at any event! So like Acadian said; choose whatever house inspires you to decorate it for the season and surprise us!

ghastley
Add my vote for "anywhere". Since the decorated tree is a seasonal thing, it would even work in the Alik'r Desert! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
It must be held at Pariah’s. Khajiit has spoken.
monkeyemoness
Pariah's Pinnacle having snow and such does inspire the Christmas Mood
mALX

I like the snow too for a Saturalia event. It just feels festive when it snows. But that said, I did step out my door yesterday in real life and feel the biting icy winds; and they didn't inspire a Christmas mood at all! I ran into the house, cranked up the heat, and curled up under a quilt! So ... I'm neutral, lol.

haute ecole rider
It’s Time!

Thinking about either Dec 18th or Dec 21st, depending on my work schedule.

There will be a grand hall with a banquet buffet, a gaming parlor, dance floor with musician’s stage, and a secret dipping pool.

Costumes are not required, but add to the fun!

Further details to come . . .
Acadian
WooHoo! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Fabalous
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Nov 29 2018, 02:04 PM) *

It’s Time!

Thinking about either Dec 18th or Dec 21st, depending on my work schedule.

There will be a grand hall with a banquet buffet, a gaming parlor, dance floor with musician’s stage, and a secret dipping pool.

Costumes are not required, but add to the fun!

Further details to come . . .

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!! Another Rider party !!!!!!! WOO HOO !!!! I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

haute ecole rider
All right gang, time for a vote.

As it turns out, I have both days off. As I did last year, this will be an open house format. I have both those dates open - Tuesday December 18th, and Friday December 21st (winter solstice). Would you prefer Friday over Tuesday? I am thinking it would work better for more folks, being the weekend.

if we do this December 18th, the party would run from about 3pm CST until 10 pm. On Friday I have no previous obligations, and the party can start even sooner.

TheCheshireKhajiit
Urg, Khajiit will be working on the 18th and will probably be busy on the Solstice. Gonna vote Solstice though because this one is more likely to be able to make that one (no chance on the 18th).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.