Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Request
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Dantrag
I am currently making my own fantasy world, and a nice story to go with it, and when I'm finished with the map, I want someone with artistic talent to make it look nicer. (I can scan and send it to you)

My little triangles for mountains and circles for trees aren't really cutting it...

If anyone's interested, please post.
Megil Tel-Zeke
I could try O.o, but there's more artistic people here than me.
Konji
I'd have a go as well. Maybe you could send it to us all and have a mini-contest. xD
Mazuk
I could have a try. Don't mind helping and trying. I am not as good as some here but would try to help ya.
Fuzzy Knight
Hehe.. I could also have a try biggrin.gif Pwease...
Dantrag
Well I'm not quite finished yet...

Need some names of towns, mountian ranges, and oceans, and I'm having a dilemma on one continent - grassy plains or a desert?
Fuzzy Knight
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Aug 6 2005, 12:32 AM)
Well I'm not quite finished yet...

Need some names of towns, mountian ranges, and oceans, and I'm having a dilemma on one continent - grassy plains or a desert?

Desert is always fun... cool.gif
Soulseeker3.0
desert and give a copy to Darkwing
Konji
I say grassy planes...dont like the desert.
Dantrag
Well there is gonna be both, just debating where to put them.

Konji
put the grassy plain on the left?
Dantrag
I got the grassland/desert thing all sorted out now.

And the desert is actually on the right, Konradude - sorry.
Konji
That's what I said! Yay, I'm psychic.
Red
I could help name some things, my friends say I'm really good at naming things since I take things like language and surrounding area into consideration.
Darkwing
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 6 2005, 12:07 AM)
desert and give a copy to Darkwing

hehe nono *points to Amberfoxx*
Channler
Don't take this as a thread hijack Dantrag but can someone make me a picture of their interpritation of a Imperial Knight?

Possibly with more of a leather/steel mixed armor?
Dantrag
THREAD HIJACKER!! *points at Channler.*

seriously, though, you'd probably do better making your own thread. People see a thread by Dantrag and immediately aviod it.

Anyways, I'm almost done with the map...then I'll send it to someone...
ShogunSniper
ooh ooh me too!!

i suxorz at people but i think i'm good at landscaping.
vaanic~one
Jus for the sake of it, can you post your original map here, so we can see it?

and then have the new map posted here, so we can see how it has improved?
Soulseeker3.0
you know dantrag Vaanic~one has a good idea
Dantrag
Okay guys, this is just to show the progress I have made. (and my horrible art skills, but back on topic.)

WARNING: May cause dead artists to roll over in their graves.

Map.

I wouldn't recommend starting on it or anything, mainly because all of this is subject to change. This is just to show you, because someone requested it.

I'm also planning to make a couple more continents, but I'm going to finish these first...
Megil Tel-Zeke
thats not shabby I have seen worse.. it does, however, remind me of the warcraft map.

user posted image
Dantrag
what map is that?

Just compared....that's uncanny.

I hate whoever made that map. They will die a slow and painful death....
Megil Tel-Zeke
thats the WC3(WarCrat 3) and WoW(World of Warcraft) map.
Dantrag
everyone hates them anyway.... whistle.gif

I've never played anything warcraft related...

and that map made this thread huge! (as in wide)
Red
Because I make maps at rando times just for fun, in the Essih area, you should add some rocks and small islands that sort of fit with the rest of the islands to support the effect of natural erosion. Also, assuming that the city of Lorne stretches to the river side and that Lorne trades goods with Elmed, you should add a small trading post between the two cities. Overall, the maps looking good.
Dantrag
Elmed and Karna are definately trade partners, being on the same river, but not Lorne and Elmed so much - the rivers don't connect and there is a mountain range inbetween.

I'll explain everything when I'm done with it and start my story...

Edit : oh, and it's "Essin" (my handwriting sucks, sorry.)
Konji
So who are you sending the map to?
Dantrag
It isn't done yet, and anyone can work on it...

I'll choose my favorite laugh.gif
Red
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Aug 11 2005, 09:36 PM)
Elmed and Karna are definately trade partners, being on the same river, but not Lorne and Elmed so much - the rivers don't connect and there is a mountain range inbetween.

I'll explain everything when I'm done with it and start my story...

Edit : oh, and it's "Essin" (my handwriting sucks, sorry.)

I thought the river near Lorne went through the mountain, because if that were the case a trading post and a bridge would make trade possible. I was thinking though that in that case South hall would also be able to trade easier with the East, creating a more stable continent. Also, YOU FORGOT A COMPASS ROSE!!1!!111!1
Dantrag
QUOTE(Red @ Aug 11 2005, 05:21 PM)
I thought the river near Lorne went through the mountain, because if that were the case a trading post and a bridge would make trade possible. I was thinking though that in that case South hall would also be able to trade easier with the East, creating a more stable continent. Also, YOU FORGOT A COMPASS ROSE!!1!!111!1

No, they are two different rivers, flowing two different ways, though your idea was still good.

Heres your compass rose:

NORTH IS UP!
Soulseeker3.0
i've got a suggestion.... if you are going to be having castles and citys and stuff I think the most important thing is buildings....
Dantrag
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:34 PM)
i've got a suggestion.... if you are going to be having castles and citys and stuff I think the most important thing is buildings....

I don't understand your point.

There are castles - North Hall, South Hall, Castle Reud, castle Hygrack...there is one or two more to be added. (royal palace is one.)

Soulseeker3.0
dry.gif i meant that you would need to draw all of the castles and houses...... nvm
Dantrag
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:58 PM)
dry.gif i meant that you would need to draw all of the castles and houses...... nvm

That's the whole reason for this thread because I can't draw those things...
vaanic~one
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:14 PM)
you know dantrag Vaanic~one has a good idea

Yeah...as always! biggrin.gif
Vadim
I would love to be able to help out in any art related form.

imafag sorry dudes my post here was kind of dumb , not exactly all with it lately , and laso whenits like 10 for u guys its 5 am for me so its hardposting.
DoomedOne
I draw maps all the time for different fantasies I write, this is a good idea dantrag, for my next I'll definitely upload it here to make it pretty.

One thing though, maybe you could add some more smaller islands in between just to give them the idea that its more like the Greek sea where their are plenty of little isles inbetween for ship wrecks, abandoning, etcetera.

So, these are like city states right?
Dantrag
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Sep 1 2005, 01:58 AM)
One thing though, maybe you could add some more smaller islands in between just to give them the idea that its more like the Greek sea where their are plenty of little isles inbetween for ship wrecks, abandoning, etcetera.

good idea, maybe I'll work on it. I haven't much lately.

So, these are like city states right?

not really.

In the continent of Emir, there are three countries: Ilia, Silverwood, and Draal.

continent of Ardoch - havent named them yet.

Once I finish the map, I will post it in fanfic, along with a bunch of lore and a story.
BobV
So anything posted in Fanfic doesn't have to be TES? kewl. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.