Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Older Games
ArtemisNoir
Some screenies from my new Morrowind installation:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SubRosa
Wow, those look amazing. Though it might be better to post links to the pictures, rather than make them inline images, given how big they are.
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 07:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing. Though it might be better to post links to the pictures, rather than make them inline images, given how big they are.

Thank you so much smile.gif
Yeah... I was thinking links might be better. I'll do that for the next set.
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 10:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing.

I know. My jaw... where is it? I think it hit the floor!

Edit: If you're using Imgur or Photobucket you can easily resize those pics, I do it all the time. PB's trickier than Imgur, though.
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 10 2023, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 10:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing.

I know. My jaw... where is it? I think it hit the floor!

Edit: If you're using Imgur or Photobucket you can easily resize those pics, I do it all the time. PB's trickier than Imgur, though.

Awww, thanks! smile.gif Morrowind polishes up very prettily, and it always inspires me to take screenshots.

I actually use Post Image for this sort of thing...and why I didn't think to use it this time is beyond me... *sigh*
Anyway, I'll fix the images tomorrow; my brain is so much mush right now, so I don't trust myself around even basic technology. wacko.gif
Renee
Vvardenfell looks so summery. 🌞
Acadian
Gosh, SubRosa is right - your game looks spectacular!

I agree on recommending links for screenshots as well. Large ones posted directly kind of hijack the screen for me so I have to slide things left and right to see them all or access the right side of the screen to add a post.

ArtemisNoir
Damn, thank you everyone!
Real life got a bit distracting this week, so I entirely forgot I meant to link those images properly. I should have some time tomorrow, though. Plus, I'll have some new screens to add.
ArtemisNoir
OK, I have just resized the images, please let me know if they work OK, or if you'd prefer links. smile.gif

A few more:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So, I don't think my Morrowind looks like a modern game, so much as it looks like a more modern version of itself, if that makes any sense? Morrowind has a very unique art style and vibe, which, I think, works to its advantage when overhauling the visual elements, since there isn't really anything it can be compared to.
Renee
Oh yes, your Morrowind does look different from mine, but I'm not sure how, really. Maybe there's less mist and fog in the air? I have a graphics mod in my game but I never tampered with the fog/mist because I like the mystery of it!

Then again, there are days even in the vanilla game in which the sun just shines, and there's no mist at all. Especially along the southern coastal areas.

Oooh, your draw distance is probably larger, too. It's all gorgeous, of course! 🌴

The pictures are still really large but you know what? It's fine. It's your thread. smile.gif I just Ctrl + mousewheel to temporarily make the page smaller. Works fine that way.

I usually start playing MW again when it gets to be springtime, and the weather gets warmer. So if you're posting some time around April May it'll be a lot of fun.
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 19 2023, 02:56 PM) *

Oh yes, your Morrowind does look different from mine, but I'm not sure how, really. Maybe there's less mist and fog in the air? I have a graphics mod in my game but I never tampered with the fog/mist because I like the mystery of it!

Then again, there are days even in the vanilla game in which the sun just shines, and there's no mist at all. Especially along the southern coastal areas.

Oooh, your draw distance is probably larger, too. It's all gorgeous, of course! 🌴

The pictures are still really large but you know what? It's fine. It's your thread. smile.gif I just Ctrl + mousewheel to temporarily make the page smaller. Works fine that way.

I usually start playing MW again when it gets to be springtime, and the weather gets warmer. So if you're posting some time around April May it'll be a lot of fun.

Hmm... on my screen the pics are sort of mid-sized... Maybe it's a monitor thing? I think my monitor is 24 inches?

I'm not sure if you use MGE XE, but, either way, it's likely we have different fog and draw settings. Currently, I have MGE XE set for max draw and least fog. I do still get plenty of heavy mist in certain weather conditions, though. Honestly, I know what you mean; I'm often torn between the sense of mystery created by lower draw and more fog, and the more "modern" look. For the moment, I'm going with this look, if only because I live on the North American west coast...which means that in the winter we get *a lot* of fog and rain...and sometimes it's a bit depressing, so I like a change when I escape into gaming. wink.gif
Acadian
Your game continues to look beautiful!

Thanks for resizing your screens - they fit great now. Regarding links vs actual screens, either is fine and I'd recommend going with what you are more comfortable with / whichever you prefer. For what it's worth, my preference is links since they are more compact and allow easier navigation of the thread when scrolling up or down to find older/newer posts. But again, either is fine. Your thread, your call. smile.gif

My first TES game was Oblivion for several years, then Skyrim for a couple years. Currently playing ESO.
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 19 2023, 03:52 PM) *

Your game continues to look beautiful!

Thanks for resizing your screens - they fit great now. Regarding links vs actual screens, either is fine and I'd recommend going with what you are more comfortable with / whichever you prefer. For what it's worth, my preference is links since they are more compact and allow easier navigation of the thread when scrolling up or down to find older/newer posts. But again, either is fine. Your thread, your call. smile.gif

My first TES game was Oblivion for several years, then Skyrim for a couple years. Currently playing ESO.

Thank you very much smile.gif
OK, I think what I'm going to do is leave the screenies I've already posted as they are, if that's OK, but any subsequent images I submit will be in the form of links, which should work well all round.
Renee
Oh yes, I used to live in Oregon, myself. I remember there was one month back in '99 when the sun didn't shine through clouds for the entire month!

I use MGE XE as well, but mostly for some other features. I think we can resize fonts with that program, for instance. Important for me, since I sit about 6 or 7 feet away from my TV.

Decrepit
Nice screenies! While Morrowind is neither my first nor second choice amongst Elder Scrolls entries, one thing (a number of things) that impresses me about it is that individual landscapes tend to look quite atmospheric.
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2023, 05:11 AM) *

Nice screenies! While Morrowind is neither my first nor second choice amongst Elder Scrolls entries, one thing (a number of things) that impresses me about it is that individual landscapes tend to look quite atmospheric.

Granted, I'm using mods, but I do feel this is definitely one of the game's strong points. I've always loved how distinctly diverse Morrowind's landscapes are. So much so that when you see screenshots, it's usually possible to identify the region in an instant.
ArtemisNoir
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've adjusted the size to 800 by 600, I hope that works for everyone. smile.gif
SubRosa
Wow, those look incredible.
Renee
Yea those are gorgeous. Like oil paintings by Vermeer, perhaps.
macole
QUOTE(ArtemisNoir @ Mar 11 2023, 08:38 PM) *

IPB Image

I've adjusted the size to 800 by 600, I hope that works for everyone. smile.gif

The water in this screenie is fantastic. For the lushness of the vegetation are you using Aesthesia Groundcover?
Acadian
Yes, really lovely screenshots!
Lena Wolf
Your Morrowind looks better than my Morroblivion... blink.gif I only played Morrowind briefly on Xbox360 after I played Oblivion, and it was sand storm after ash storm after blight storm, nothing to be seen anywhere, and definitely not such lovely views. But do you still have walls of text and no speech? That was a huge turn-off for me.
ArtemisNoir
Thank you all, glad you like them! smile.gif

@Macole,
Cheers! For the water I'm using this enhanced shader, and the grass is actually Ozzy's.

@Lena Wolf, thanks! One thing I've always loved about Morrowind is that it polishes up quite beautifully for an old game, and there are some gorgeous mods out there.
It's funny you should mention the walls of speech/text. Very recently, with the advent of ElevenAI voices, several projects have began that add more spoken dialogue. There are two main mods, both still WIP: one endeavours to voice everything, while the other favours greetings and the like. I prefer the latter, but that is obviously subjective, and it's wonderful to have choices. Truth be told, I'm actually of two minds (or several) when in comes to voice AI, but that is a whole other subject, and I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't enjoying its presence in my game. wink.gif
Lena Wolf
Oh, that explains a number of recent mods for Morroblivion - I think they are porting this work on Morrowind to Morroblivion. The problem with that however is that it breaks Oblivion, so Morroblivion stops being a DLC and becomes the main and the only game... But why would you want to do that when you can have all the original mods in Morrowind itself? blink.gif
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 13 2023, 11:15 AM) *

Oh, that explains a number of recent mods for Morroblivion - I think they are porting this work on Morrowind to Morroblivion. The problem with that however is that it breaks Oblivion, so Morroblivion stops being a DLC and becomes the main and the only game... But why would you want to do that when you can have all the original mods in Morrowind itself? blink.gif

lol! I've sometimes considered it, but I've never tried Morroblivion and I don't know much about it, because I've always been too addicted to those mods that are exclusive to just Morrowind. biggrin.gif
If the ports are breaking things, though...yeah... I'm not sure I see the point, either. Maybe those people just infinitely prefer using Oblivion as a base?
Lena Wolf
QUOTE(ArtemisNoir @ Mar 13 2023, 10:30 PM) *

If the ports are breaking things, though...yeah... I'm not sure I see the point, either. Maybe those people just infinitely prefer using Oblivion as a base?

I think originally it was in order to get better graphics and more flexible AI. It was developed as a DLC, so an addition to Oblivion, and to me this is just another province that I can visit from Cyrodiil. But Oblivion game is not Morrowind game, the game mechanics are quite different, and not everything has a counterpart. Then they started bringing more and more of Morrowind game mechanics into Morroblivion, first as an addition, and now as a replacement for Oblivion native mechanics. Which means you can't really play Oblivion properly, certainly not with mods. It is going towards a total conversion... But looking at your screenshots, I just don't see the point. For me personally, the great advantage of Morroblivion over the Morrowind game consists exacly in Oblivion native mechanics and a few other things (music, dialogue, magic, skills, to name a few). So by the looks of things the current version will be final for me as I do not want to kill my Oblivion. smile.gif
ArtemisNoir
QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 13 2023, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ArtemisNoir @ Mar 13 2023, 10:30 PM) *

For me personally, the great advantage of Morroblivion over the Morrowind game consists exacly in Oblivion native mechanics and a few other things (music, dialogue, magic, skills, to name a few). So by the looks of things the current version will be final for me as I do not want to kill my Oblivion. smile.gif

That makes complete sense, on all counts; I don't blame you. Hell, I'm generally cautious about updating mods to begin with; my usual approach (unless they're adding significant new content or fixing major bugs) is along the lines of "If it ain't broke..."

I don't know anything about the Morroblivion team, but definitely be sure to back up your copy of Morroblivion....just in case. Though, I admit to being slightly paranoid... One reason I have two external hard drives is just to store mods, and there have been numerous occasions where I've been grateful for that hoarding tendency!
ArtemisNoir
IPB Image

I love my latest companion, she's so cute! (and very helpful given I'm using Ashfall, which is a Survival/Needs mod)

IPB Image
SubRosa
I love the little pack guar! I modded my Morroblivion game to make wild guar friendly, so I don't have to fight them.
Acadian
Beautiful sunrise!

And an adorable pack guar. Buffy's only encountered guar in ESO, and 99% of them are passive or friendly. You can encounter several types and sizes - little pony guars, pack guars like yours and a few bigger ones you can ride.
Renee
Yeah, that pack guar is really cool. I need to add that into Joan's game. Can we add stuff to its inventory?
ArtemisNoir
@SubRosa,
I know exactly what you mean. I have the mod "Passive and Healthy Wildlife" installed for two major reasons.. so that most guars are non-hostile, and to reduce the number of cliff racers I have to fight!

@Acadian,
thank you smile.gif Guars are awesome! There are actually several mods that add them to Oblivion, I believe, if ever that interests you. It's been a while since I've played TES IV, though, so the only one I know of for sure is Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.

@Renee,
That little guar has a very high carry weight capacity, over a 1000 pounds, I think!
You can get the mod here. She works great, and is highly functional. I also strongly recommend Peaceful Pets, if you don't want her getting into combat.
Renee
Both links bookmark'd, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.