Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Blades, Spoil me please!!
McBadgere
post Nov 24 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Are the Blades nerfed in Skyrim...I love the Blades in Oblivion...Couldn't wait to be one of them...But having glanced quickly at the guide book, it sounds like they're a*ses this time...Why would I kill a Dragon that helps me fercryingoutloud?...

So?...Are they cool, good and ace to be one of?..Or are they bad guys?..

Cheers...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Captain Hammer
post Dec 24 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Destri: Ah, taking your confirmed heretic nature a little seriously? Sorry to hear. However, I'd like to point out that we now know just how Wulfharth blasted the Khajiit army: Force Balance Push!

You are just dead set on getting into the Emperor's robes!( ohmy.gif see, now that just came out wrong!)

You're kidding, right? Two Septim Emperors and a Mede got killed in those robes. And that's at minimum. It's the seat I want. Nobody got killed while actually on the Ruby Throne (except maybe the last Potentate, but he was Tsaesci, and doesn't count) and it seems a relatively safe place if I have line-of-site over the room.

Black Hand: I see Seth is becoming more and more awesome. But, if it doesn't quite work out for him (that is, he is Dragon-born in the more metaphorical sense and not Dovahkiin - Dragonborn! in the literal sense), I've got a proposal for him.

See, [Future Character by the Captain] hates the Dark Brotherhood. When accidentally running afoul of them, he was presented a most sadistic choice. He instead chose a Third Option (technically, a Fourth Option, since Option Three was part of this particular sadistic choice) and expressed his displeasure with the Dark Brotherhood rather effectively. Not completely, though, and in the process [Captain's Future Character] realized that somebody had it out for ol' Titus Mede II. Somebody on the Elder Council.

So, now he's got a problem. [The Captain's Future Character] needs Titus dead, but he can't be associated as such. This Elder Council member that wants Titus dead can be used the perfect "Man Behind the Man," but the actual execution is gonna be impossible to pull off . . . unless we can get a trained assassin to infiltrate the Dark Brotherhood, pull of the assassination, and then escape under the cover of a contrived Dragon attack that I intend to orchestrate to set myself up as a regretful hero that feels guilt over his failure to save the emperor.

Also, such a person would need to be extremely discreet, trustworthy, understand the regretful necessity of such an act, and be willing to call out [Cappy's New Character] if he ever contemplated an act of such a dubious nature again. The task comes with an automatic promotion to become the new Grandmaster of the Blades.

Up for the job?

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 24 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 23 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Black Hand: {snip} Up for the job?

Actually...that I could totally get behind...Because any Lore-Khan worth their salt know that the Night Mother is really Mephala, and not many people hear the Lady of Whispers these days.

I know what you're all saying: But that corpse-lady is totally talking to me! A-and Sithis!!

Well, here is a long-winded explanation....

Now that that is over. I could see Sethyas realizing the above after 200 years and wanting to re-establish her worship and to re-enact a certain level of honor within Assassins. After all, the DB and the TG are both 'universally tolerated' as they bring a certain level of control to these rogue elements that on the same note, are technically needed as well.

IPB Image

"This...Astrid. She is a representation of everything I am not. I hesitate to even call her an Assassin. Certainly she possesses the skills of one, she certainly exchanges blood for gold...but her true craving is power. She has reduced a former enemy of mine; one that I had equal respect as I had hate for, into a cave full of malefactors, no different than bandit tribe."

"However my centuries have granted me insights that few Men or Mer could begin to fathom. I know now that my passions were manipulated and used by the Lady of Whispers, as is her prerogative. But I have never strayed from her path. I believe she wants this Astrid dead, but in the most deceitful way possible. I believe that I am already within her web, a string as vital as any other."

"I also believe that I can restore the traditions and honor that once made an Assassin feared, rather than hated...so [future character] we have a boon. To eliminate an Emperor would please Mephala beyond imagining, the very mortal figurehead of Stasis on Nirn. And those fools who believe they worship Sithis...well, that I believe is her greatest accomplishment."

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Dec 24 2011, 06:46 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 24 2011, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 23 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Black Hand: {snip} Up for the job?

Actually...that I could totally get behind...Because any Lore-Khan worth their salt know that the Night Mother is really Mephala, and not many people hear the Lady of Whispers these days.

I know what you're all saying: But that corpse-lady is totally talking to me! A-and Sithis!!

Well, here is a long-winded explanation....

Now that that is over. I could see Sethyas realizing the above after 200 years and wanting to re-establish her worship and to re-enact a certain level of honor within Assassins. After all, the DB and the TG are both 'universally tolerated' as they bring a certain level of control to these rogue elements that on the same note, are technically needed as well.

IPB Image

"This...Astrid. She is a representation of everything I am not. I hesitate to even call her an Assassin. Certainly she possesses the skills of one, she certainly exchanges blood for gold...but her true craving is power. She has reduced a former enemy of mine; one that I had equal respect as I had hate for, into a cave full of malefactors, no different than bandit tribe."

"However my centuries have granted me insights that few Men or Mer could begin to fathom. I know now that my passions were manipulated and used by the Lady of Whispers, as is her prerogative. But I have never strayed from her path. I believe she wants this Astrid dead, but in the most deceitful way possible. I believe that I am already within her web, a string as vital as any other."

"I also believe that I can restore the traditions and honor that once made an Assassin feared, rather than hated...so [future character] we have a boon. To eliminate an Emperor would please Mephala beyond imagining, the very mortal figurehead of Stasis on Nirn. And those fools who believe they worship Sithis...well, that I believe is her greatest accomplishment."

Ah, the Acceptable Blasphemies - absolutely LOVE the Lore! Thank you for this, I would love to see a thread delving into the Lore here like they have on the BGSF !!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
McBadgere   The Blades   Nov 24 2011, 01:59 PM
Grits   I may have gotten it wrong, but the dragon isn...   Nov 24 2011, 02:04 PM
mALX   I don't think it is a matter of them being the...   Dec 17 2011, 04:26 PM
McBadgere   *Adopts shocked look*... You mean...Bethesda comp...   Dec 17 2011, 11:00 PM
Thomas Kaira   I just love how after you visit Paarthurnax, they ...   Dec 18 2011, 09:48 PM
will79   I just love how after you visit Paarthurnax, they...   Dec 29 2011, 04:25 PM
Fawkes   Sided with the Greybeards in this one, Kent is a b...   Dec 19 2011, 01:14 AM
mALX   Sided with the Greybeards in this one, Kent is a ...   Dec 19 2011, 04:54 AM
McBadgere   When Delphine whinged at me about Paarthunax I was...   Dec 19 2011, 06:19 AM
Colonel Mustard   Esbern, Delphine, I'm not killing Parthanaax. ...   Dec 19 2011, 06:17 PM
mALX   I wonder what happens if you marry one of the Blad...   Dec 19 2011, 09:40 PM
mALX   Sorry, double post.   Dec 19 2011, 09:42 PM
Captain Hammer   My current reply: "No. I trust Paarthurnax, ...   Dec 20 2011, 07:06 AM
McBadgere   My current beautiful and truly awe inspiring repl...   Dec 21 2011, 05:38 AM
Colonel Mustard   I take it you didn't take that request too wel...   Dec 20 2011, 02:16 PM
Captain Hammer   It was either give them a custom 'The Reason Y...   Dec 20 2011, 03:20 PM
Colonel Mustard   hot-headed reply of "Yol Toor Shul!...   Dec 20 2011, 05:15 PM
Black Hand   o.O Jeebus Cap'n! I'd throw down with ...   Dec 21 2011, 06:11 AM
Captain Hammer   Colonel, McBadgere, my thanks. Black Hand: Define...   Dec 21 2011, 06:44 AM
Destri Melarg   "I do not intend to be one that operates und...   Dec 21 2011, 09:04 PM
Captain Hammer   But Tamriel needs to view me as its rightful rule...   Dec 22 2011, 02:12 AM
mALX   But Tamriel needs to view me as its rightful rul...   Dec 22 2011, 06:38 AM
Black Hand   @ Captain: I'd fight at your side is what was ...   Dec 22 2011, 05:03 AM
Colonel Mustard   @ Captain: I'd fight at your side is what was...   Dec 22 2011, 09:23 PM
Black Hand   Seth gets around a bit, doesn't he? ;) You h...   Dec 23 2011, 08:34 PM
Destri Melarg   Hey, it ain't delusion if it's true! ...   Dec 22 2011, 11:01 AM
Grits   :O :D (twirly if we had one)   Dec 24 2011, 03:10 AM
liliandra nadiar   [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--Wq_jSGW...   Dec 25 2011, 04:57 AM
Black Hand   Eeep! Hit the PageDn and I see this guy glarin...   Dec 25 2011, 06:29 AM
Black Hand   Ah, the Acceptable Blasphemies - absolutely LOVE...   Dec 26 2011, 02:25 AM
mALX   Ah, the Acceptable Blasphemies - absolutely LOV...   Dec 26 2011, 02:57 AM
Black Hand   Whoever wrote the original Lore for TES was amazin...   Dec 26 2011, 03:51 AM
mALX   Whoever wrote the original Lore for TES was amazi...   Dec 26 2011, 05:06 AM
Black Hand   HA! Now I have to go back to the lore argumen...   Dec 26 2011, 05:22 AM
mALX   HA! Now I have to go back to the lore argume...   Dec 26 2011, 05:45 AM
Grits   So I finally got The Talk from Delphine. She was n...   Dec 25 2011, 01:55 PM
McBadgere   Damned them annoying necessary character things......   Dec 25 2011, 07:21 PM
SubRosa   Damned them annoying necessary character things.....   Dec 25 2011, 08:12 PM
McBadgere   Lol...Sounds like a plan!...Sadly PS3 though.....   Dec 25 2011, 09:32 PM
McBadgere   re: Oblivion...And Black Hand... *Coughs polite...   Dec 26 2011, 05:57 AM
mALX   Speaking of Michael Kirkbride, here is something h...   Dec 26 2011, 06:51 AM
Black Hand   Those writings are exactly why I love Skyrim. You ...   Dec 26 2011, 07:13 AM
mALX   Those writings are exactly why I love Skyrim. You...   Dec 26 2011, 07:19 AM
McBadgere   Oooh, won't be having none of the Talos worshi...   Dec 26 2011, 08:46 AM
Black Hand   Oooh, won't be having none of the Talos worsh...   Dec 26 2011, 03:38 PM
mALX   [quote name='McBadgere' post='136856' date='Dec 2...   Dec 26 2011, 08:05 PM
McBadgere   :blink: ...*Is scared of the verry clever person, ...   Dec 26 2011, 05:10 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 10:39 AM