Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sutch's Woe planning/discussion thread-recruiting now!
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 11 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Word!

This is the thread for planning out the Sutch-based RP we (myself, Acadian, Uleni Athram and Darkness Eternal) have started for general discussion of the RP itself.

Also, the title is totally a placeholder one and is up for change. Whether it will be changed or not, well, we'll see.

NOTE: As of 21/01/12, with the beginning of the RP proper, we are no longer recruiting.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Jan 21 2013, 11:23 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Uleni Athram
post Jan 13 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Prevents 'My Wizardry Did It' spam moments I guess, LOL.

And guys, here you go. Have my copy of the Black Horse Courier. Interesting stuff, there I assure you. :winks

BLACK HORSE COURIER

THIS WEEK'S BIG DIGEST BY: COURIER ULENI ATHRAM

ADVENTURERS GUILD HOSTS EXPEDITION WITH FIGHTERS GUILD AND MAGES GUILD! A-1
CONTROVERSIAL BOOK FINALLY BANNED! A-2

-------
A-1
ADVENTURERS GUILD HOSTS EXPEDITION WITH FIGHTERS GUILD AND MAGES GUILD

The Adventurers Guild, lead by the veteran adventurer Oedipus Nebraska, had been on the rise since their founding six years ago. They, are as they name suggest, a Guild of Adventurers, and they specialize in exploring the world and brining fame and fortune to both the adventurer lifestyle and the Guild. Some Adventurer Guildsmen and women are already sung in taverns around the four corners of Tamriel, in recognition of the deeds they have done in service to the Empire and her citizens. Youths who searches for thrill are encouraged to join, and those in their twilight years seeking one last adrenaline-run should look no further. Whereas the Fighters Guild provides adventure also, theirs are the mercenary path and focus on training sellswords. The Adventurers Guild are not so narrowed down in their objective; in fact, one could consider it an academy for heroes-to-be.

And now, nearing their seventh year as a Guild, the Adventurers Guild and the two other Guilds in Anvil has joined hands together and annoucned their first ever collaboration; an Expedition to the newly discovered areas below Fort Sutch, "where the Adventurer can guide the Mage, the Mage can solve any puzzles therein, and the Fighter stands ever vigilant for any foes that lies in the darkness."

So said Oedipus Nebraska, head of the Expedition, when interviewed by yours truly.

"This is a discovery that befuddled us all when the reports came in," he said, smilling. "I won't say anything regarding what's under the Fort just yet; it would spoil the suprise for the common folk, and I don't like spoilling stories, ha ha! All I can say, however, is that after this Expedition is done, the Adventurers Guild would never be the same!"

And for those who are curious and brave enough, the Adventurers Guild are hiring new members for this expedition! We are contractually obliged to urge those with the skill and heart to hurry into their Guild Hall in Anvil, and one could expect a warm welcome into the fold of legends and heroes! No matter who you are, no matter what size you are, no matter what background your from, the brotherhood of Adventure awaits you!

A-2

CONTROVERSIAL BOOKED FINALLY BANNED!

"Suschamel, the Ironstar of the West,'
A Brief History Of The Forgotten City Of Sutch
By The One-Gazer, Tulas Feramo

-A Book Deemed Heretical And Banned By The Royal Archives Assembly

'Suschamel'. 'The Ironstar of the West' in the Old Tongue. It was the original name of a forgotten city that festers under the cruel tyranny of the sun and the ravages of time. The dark romantic history that weighs that name is worthy of a lengthy novel of in itself; its rise to splendor, its days of might under its powerful scions, and the fall from glory that inevitably infests anything made by the hands of Man. The single testament that it even existed is now a haven for the criminal-maggots that squirm and hide from the gaze of Law and Order. It would come as a shock for you, dear reader, but Fort Sutch had not been always a pathetic skeletal remain of a fort garrison that splotches the golden fields of Colovia. No. Its history stretches far more thant that, far more long than a resting house for the Empire's red legions.

In fact, it predates the Empire itself.

There are many unsung heroes in the history of the Empire. Martyrs that laid the foundation of the various Empires with the blood of their life, and the sparks of their souls. Nameless and faceless. and very much thanked by none for the sacrifice they made.

Shadowed by history.

History is written by the victors, dear reader, but those victors are the ones who lived. They dictate what happened and what did not. The losers are the dead, no matter where they come from, and for that, maybe they had seen the end of their war. Suschamel, or Sutch, has been founded by one victor. This victor, for the sake of simplicity we shall call him Suschamel, had been a slave for the vile Elves of the Heartland during the First Era, when Time was still young, its coherent stream just beginning. When the warhorns sounded for the Rebellion, this person joined the Slave-Queen Alessia in her crusade and partook in the usurping of their slaver-overlords. When at last the White Tower was theirs, the Queen built anew from the ashes of the old, and named it the First Empire of the Cyro-Nordics.

Suschamel, for his part, was granted the lands of western Colovia and the authority to rule it as one of Her vassals. Upon his new crown weighed also the responsibilty of guarding the new empire from any western threat, and for this, he named his new lands Suschamel, for he and his bloodline would keep their vows to Slave Queen, and they would be as stars in the western sky; ever vigilant from above, a sigil of hope, anticipating the Eastern Dawn.. And unyielding as the king of all metals in the face of any foe and hardship that may test the resolve of the fledgeling Empire.

During the years that followed, they grew in might and influence and in time, their word began to hold sway. This could be partially attributed to the sons of Suschamel; they served the Empire in any way they could, and some of them attained public offices in the new goverment or even generals in the conquering armies. Thus, both the bloodline and the city prospered from the glories her sons gave to her, and it wasn't long before it became something more than a shield to the west.

It became a city of splendor, basking in the rugged beauty of the Colovia, mystifying it with eloquences of the Nibenean East.

It became home to a league of the Empire's finest heroes and champions, fathered of course by the bloodline of the slave that the city takes its name from.

In short, it became glorious. A miniature empire unto itself.

The avatar of Colovian honesty and perseverance.

A great bulwark.

And that is why they fell.

The most noteworthy of Suschamel's descendant was Sejanus Lucianus Nero, a former legate of the Fenix Legion, but known for his sobriquet as the 'Lord of the Sundered Gates' in praise for his unrivaled mastery in siege warfare. In addition to his military experiences, he was also an adept sorceror, rivalling the most powerful mage at that time, and skilled orator, able to inspire and lead or intimidate and crush in equal measure.

A perfect scion, in the eyes of the Suschamelii.

A perfect enemy, in the eyes of that time's Emperor.

It was no secret at the time that the current Emperor was weak. His name was Goerius, and he had none of the strength found in Alessia. At best, he was a mediocre ruler, genuinely devoted to the wellbeing of the Empire. At worst, a hopeless impotent in the presence of his betters. It was not wrong to assume that he felt threatened by the star of Suschamelii. And he was not alone... The Elder Council felt threatened also. Their monkey-whispers poisoned what little fear the Emperor had for the Suschamelii, and he ordered their Complete. Annihilation.

The Emperor's legions obeyed, and they struck without warning or mercy.

But there was something else there. Something strange.

Sejanus, master of war and sorcery, Lord of the Sundered Gates, did not participate in the defense. What little fragments I can obtain from the deep memory-wells of the Duskstone tells me of how he retreated far off in the dephts of Sutch's deepest dungeons where the populace hid, and was never seen again. With his disappearance, the Suschamelii were eradicated and the city, the bulwark, was betrayed by the very Empire it has sworn to protect.

The current Fort Sutch you see now is nothing but a shallow attempt to rebuild on the betrayed earth; but even then, it has fallen. Nothing there ever grows anymore. A haven now for criminal scum.

That, reader, is the history of the Forgotten City. From its rise to its fall, however brief I penned it be. You may ask how I obtained these... unthinkable stories, and you may call me madman, and you may ban this collection of truth, and you may arrest me for Heresy and possibly Daedra Worship, but I say to you now, Children of Cyrod.

The Ironstar will protect you. It will always be the bulwark. It will be your shield against anything.. even if that means burning down this Empire!

K'vakis! Jotunnas ar'gh Miros! N'Gasta! Korosma ait'Eltorun! Padho'Meric mehetras!

(EDITOR'S NOTE: The self-proclaimed 'One-Gazer', Tulas Feramo, has been arrested for Contempt of the Emperor and the Worship of Daedra, and currently awating execution-by-hanging. Any person who holds any copy of this book in his inventory will be subject to a search by the officials, and be judged under the Books Act 43A-C08, and be imprisoned for a lifetime sentence)
---------------------------

Thus wrote the One-Gazer, Tulas Feramo, a once respected mage in service to the Imperial Court. His publication of the aforementioned book caused quite a stir in the realm of the academics. Most pointed out that this was nonsensical garbage at its finest, and should be ignored, as there is no such thing as a city of Sutch. One vocal protestor, who asked us to shield his identity, remarked that the One-Gazer's sanity has seemingly deterioated over the past few years and it didn't suprise him at all for Tulas to such a stunt. Since the contents of the book holds some over-the-top creative thinking, most prefer to just let it shrink into obscurity. But the Assembly didn't think so. They deemed it heretical, and hauled the One Gazer off to the Imperial Dungeons, charged with Heresy and Contempt of the Emperor.

He is now awaiting execution.

Incidentally, a copy this book has been spotted in the possession of Oedipus Nebraska, the leader of the famous Adventurers Guild in Anvil. Although it is unconfirmed, offcials and agents of the Royal Archives are still investigating him, but so far, there had been no reportable results from it.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Colonel Mustard   Sutch's Woe planning/discussion thread-recruiting now!   Jan 11 2013, 10:37 PM
King Of Beasts   What's it going to be about?   Jan 11 2013, 11:02 PM
Colonel Mustard   Uleni's the one with the main idea outline, bu...   Jan 11 2013, 11:06 PM
King Of Beasts   I've never done role-playing before. Can you g...   Jan 11 2013, 11:07 PM
Colonel Mustard   I suppose the best way to think of it would be to ...   Jan 11 2013, 11:17 PM
Darkness Eternal   What is the exact year of the Third Era does this ...   Jan 11 2013, 11:52 PM
King Of Beasts   Can I join? I'll need more info though.   Jan 12 2013, 12:05 AM
Colonel Mustard   Yeah, you're welcome to join, KoB. Uleni Athra...   Jan 12 2013, 12:32 AM
Uleni Athram   The plot It is set pre-Crisis, in the year 425. T...   Jan 12 2013, 06:23 AM
King Of Beasts   The plot seems interesting. I can't wait! ...   Jan 12 2013, 06:28 AM
Uleni Athram   You can create your own, of course.   Jan 12 2013, 07:19 AM
King Of Beasts   You can create your own, of course. Should I pu...   Jan 12 2013, 07:22 AM
Uleni Athram   Full Name: Nicknames/Aliases: Sex: Religion: Race...   Jan 12 2013, 08:28 AM
King Of Beasts   Full Name: Westley Arctus Nicknames/Aliases: Bea...   Jan 12 2013, 08:53 PM
Colonel Mustard   I wouldn't mind doubling-up as GM, or maybe ta...   Jan 12 2013, 10:58 AM
Uleni Athram   Only... the Falmer aren't the only monsters ou...   Jan 12 2013, 11:22 AM
Acadian   Uleni, that all sounds great, with plenty of flexi...   Jan 12 2013, 03:20 PM
Uleni Athram   A variant? Sure, no prob. I see no bumps in doing ...   Jan 12 2013, 04:22 PM
King Of Beasts   So wait.... Is the timeline going to be a few yea...   Jan 12 2013, 07:54 PM
Uleni Athram   A few years after. Now we wait, I guess.   Jan 12 2013, 08:03 PM
Acadian   This sounds fun! I've got my character sh...   Jan 12 2013, 08:18 PM
Darkness Eternal   Damn, I was going to make a werewolf character thi...   Jan 13 2013, 12:42 AM
King Of Beasts   Damn, I was going to make a werewolf character th...   Jan 13 2013, 04:25 AM
Darkness Eternal   I don't believe in bad wolves. Just wolves and...   Jan 13 2013, 05:25 AM
Acadian   Full Name: Buffy Nicknames/Aliases: Isn’t Buffy ...   Jan 13 2013, 05:48 PM
Colonel Mustard   Liking the character sheets so far! I'm a ...   Jan 13 2013, 06:54 PM
Darkness Eternal   Also, just a small request; would you mind putt...   Jan 13 2013, 08:33 PM
Colonel Mustard   [quote name='Colonel Mustard' post='149001' date=...   Jan 13 2013, 08:40 PM
King Of Beasts   Liking the character sheets so far! I'm a...   Jan 13 2013, 09:39 PM
Colonel Mustard   Liking the character sheets so far! I'm ...   Jan 13 2013, 10:02 PM
Darkness Eternal   Eh, not bringing "Vaultren," back for th...   Jan 14 2013, 02:06 AM
Lycanthropic-Legend   I want to join. I got a human(yes, human! No w...   Jan 14 2013, 02:16 AM
Illydoor   Can I join!? Hist Name: Ananse Ah-nahn-say] ...   Jan 14 2013, 03:33 AM
Uleni Athram   Wooohoo. Keep 'em coming folks!   Jan 14 2013, 05:33 AM
Colonel Mustard   Ooh, a vampire. Well, that will be interesting ind...   Jan 14 2013, 12:53 PM
Darkness Eternal   Ooh, a vampire. Well, that will be interesting in...   Jan 14 2013, 06:42 PM
Colonel Mustard   Honestly, I was going to have Drakothemir pull off...   Jan 14 2013, 08:42 PM
Acadian   I edited into Buffy’s character sheet a list of he...   Jan 14 2013, 02:09 PM
Colonel Mustard   I edited into Buffy's character sheet a list ...   Jan 14 2013, 02:51 PM
Acadian   Lol, I work with countering Buffy’s abilities all ...   Jan 14 2013, 03:44 PM
Uleni Athram   After LL posts her character, I'll post mine, ...   Jan 14 2013, 05:50 PM
Illydoor   http://postimage.org/image/mkyd7qasb/ Very bored ...   Jan 15 2013, 03:36 AM
King Of Beasts   http://postimage.org/image/mkyd7qasb/ Very bored...   Jan 15 2013, 05:13 AM
Colonel Mustard   http://postimage.org/image/mkyd7qasb/ Very bored...   Jan 15 2013, 10:20 AM
Acadian   Illydoor, the drawings are great and really help b...   Jan 15 2013, 03:49 AM
Illydoor   It's amazing what comes out of not wanting to ...   Jan 15 2013, 05:02 PM
Uleni Athram   Still working on my character, I'm afraid. But...   Jan 16 2013, 04:37 PM
Lycanthropic-Legend   Bear with me. I am making a character sheet. Have ...   Jan 16 2013, 08:17 PM
PhoenixGamer   Is it still possible to join? Have a nearly comple...   Jan 17 2013, 03:16 PM
Colonel Mustard   Is it still possible to join? Have a nearly compl...   Jan 17 2013, 03:20 PM
PhoenixGamer   Is it still possible to join? Have a nearly comp...   Jan 17 2013, 03:34 PM
Colonel Mustard   [quote name='Colonel Mustard' post='149456' date=...   Jan 17 2013, 03:38 PM
PhoenixGamer   Ok finally done here she is: Full Name:Elaninde N...   Jan 17 2013, 04:30 PM
Uleni Athram   OK, lads and lassies, since we have many members w...   Jan 18 2013, 05:05 PM
PhoenixGamer   Sounds good to me.   Jan 18 2013, 05:59 PM
King Of Beasts   OK, lads and lassies, since we have many members ...   Jan 18 2013, 10:15 PM
Darkness Eternal   I was thinking of switching my character. Take awa...   Jan 18 2013, 06:46 PM
Uleni Athram   Pshaw, DE. I like your character just the way he i...   Jan 18 2013, 07:35 PM
Darkness Eternal   Pshaw, DE. I like your character just the way he ...   Jan 18 2013, 07:36 PM
Uleni Athram   Ooh? Getting a little tired of darkly handsome age...   Jan 18 2013, 07:45 PM
Colonel Mustard   But...but I had some many plans to humiliate Drako...   Jan 18 2013, 08:09 PM
Illydoor   Same, let's get this show on the road!   Jan 18 2013, 08:56 PM
Darkness Eternal   Name: "Lycus". Race: Imperial and Redg...   Jan 18 2013, 11:52 PM
Colonel Mustard   Ah, so we'll be sharing the RP with Kraven, th...   Jan 19 2013, 12:14 AM
Darkness Eternal   Ah, so we'll be sharing the RP with Kraven, t...   Jan 19 2013, 12:20 AM
Colonel Mustard   Ah, so we'll be sharing the RP with Kraven, ...   Jan 19 2013, 12:20 AM
Uleni Athram   ---------------------- Full Name: Ylenno Sasaloni...   Jan 19 2013, 05:13 PM
Acadian   Uleni, love your sun-dried Bosmer! On posti...   Jan 19 2013, 05:44 PM
Colonel Mustard   On posting order, after a time the order won't...   Jan 19 2013, 07:31 PM
PhoenixGamer   Acadian has a point here; maybe if DE goes first...   Jan 20 2013, 11:03 AM
Darkness Eternal   I agree with Acadian. Have the experienced ones po...   Jan 19 2013, 07:30 PM
Uleni Athram   Good point, guys! I never actually thought abo...   Jan 20 2013, 01:13 AM
Colonel Mustard   AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! *M...   Jan 20 2013, 01:25 AM
Acadian   Buffy looks around nervously. "Was that the ...   Jan 20 2013, 01:37 AM
King Of Beasts   That's a wonderful idea. This is my first ti...   Jan 20 2013, 03:54 AM
Darkness Eternal   I can make the thread and add the Dramatis persona...   Jan 20 2013, 04:02 AM
Uleni Athram   The tavern scenario? Sarah Mcgooblargh, but that i...   Jan 20 2013, 04:23 AM
Darkness Eternal   Got a better idea? Perhaps a brothel, then? Or may...   Jan 20 2013, 05:03 AM
Uleni Athram   How about the Adventurers Guildhall proper? In the...   Jan 20 2013, 05:48 AM
King Of Beasts   An ayleid ruin? No, that's a dumb idea.   Jan 20 2013, 06:16 AM
Illydoor   I say in the square, seeing as it's a collabor...   Jan 20 2013, 06:18 AM
Colonel Mustard   I say in the square, seeing as it's a collabo...   Jan 20 2013, 12:27 PM
Lycanthropic-Legend   Full Name: Macalla Vibecke Nicknames/Aliases: Ass...   Jan 20 2013, 09:21 PM
Uleni Athram   We certainly have quite the motley crew. Two werew...   Jan 21 2013, 09:20 AM
Illydoor   Woohoo!! Hope you got some good stuff to ...   Jan 21 2013, 06:02 PM
Colonel Mustard   Woohoo!! Hope you got some good stuff to...   Jan 21 2013, 07:29 PM
Darkness Eternal   Well, I am ready to post. But so we can be on the ...   Jan 21 2013, 07:53 PM
Illydoor   Anvil of course! Just us I reckon? Nooooobody...   Jan 21 2013, 10:11 PM
Uleni Athram   Yes there will be NPCs looking up to join, a small...   Jan 22 2013, 03:24 AM
King Of Beasts   One question: What is a playground thread?   Jan 22 2013, 05:13 AM
Uleni Athram   Thats where we post, and the RP takes place there....   Jan 22 2013, 05:26 AM
Darkness Eternal   I will post early this afternoon, then,   Jan 22 2013, 01:34 PM
Darkness Eternal   If anyone wants to reply to my second post, they c...   Jan 23 2013, 12:16 AM
Uleni Athram   FWAiYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. You have called, and I ...   Jan 23 2013, 02:55 AM
King Of Beasts   Another question: Can I just reply to a post, or ...   Jan 23 2013, 04:05 AM
Uleni Athram   Don't you remember? The experienced ones go fi...   Jan 23 2013, 04:11 AM
King Of Beasts   Is it required that I do a character intro post an...   Jan 23 2013, 04:30 AM
Uleni Athram   The only requirement in RPing is having fun, broja...   Jan 23 2013, 04:46 AM
King Of Beasts   -gulps- well, here I go.....   Jan 23 2013, 05:02 AM
10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 07:16 AM