31 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Coin's videos
mALX
post Mar 28 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

HOLY COW!!! What an AWESOME vid !!!! And some interesting loot too !! Everytime Aravi's health dropped I was holding my breath wondering if you would notice it, lol. AWESOME !!! That has to be the best vid YET !!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 31 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Wow, that last one was a heart pounder! What a tough foe that magic warlock dude was. It was great to see Aravi's new elven cuirass; she looks great, and that's what counts, after all! Oh, and we got a nice look at her backpack mod too! Those Lost Spires dungeons are beautiful.

I'm really liking the new armor too. Thank you for the compliments!

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 28 2011, 08:02 AM) *

I am enjoying your videos. I especially like the Lost Spires scenes. And Bear Riders, yay!! smile.gif

Thanks for stopping in! I really like the Lost Spires as well. When I finally complete the quests, I think I will find more quest line mods.

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 28 2011, 09:57 AM) *

HOLY COW!!! What an AWESOME vid !!!! And some interesting loot too !! Everytime Aravi's health dropped I was holding my breath wondering if you would notice it, lol. AWESOME !!! That has to be the best vid YET!!!

I love your enthusiasm for my videos! and Aravi likes having such an enthusiastic fan!

Returning to the Archeology Guild with her findings Aravi was not prepared the news that awaited her. While exploring the ruin and fighting the creature in the portal, Teav was murdered. Teav was the kind (if somewhat scary) Argonian that allowed Aravi to join the Guild. He along with his assistants were murdered by bandits when they raided Teav's work site. All of the artifacts that Teav was working with were stolen. Aravi did not know him well but shared the grief felt by the other guild members. Sova (the guild's Alyeid expert) was especially saddened. He had been a mentor to her and she looked up to him. After offering a supportive shoulder to cry on and turning over the scroll found on the long dead prisoner, Aravi found a cot in the quarters to sleep on.

She was awakened at midnight by an assistant and lead outside. Everyone was already gathered around a funeral pyre on which Teav's body was lain. Without a word, the head of the guild lit a torch and laid it at the base of the pyre. Everyone stood in silence as the pyre burned. Aravi watched as the smoke and ash climbed to twin moons shining brightly in the sky and felt her eyes sting as tears found their way down her cheeks. After an hour or so the fire died down and by unspoken agreement, everyone returned to the guildhall. In the morning Sova spoke to Aravi. Her sadness was replaced by anger. With fire in her eyes she told Aravi to find who had done this. She gave Aravi a list of names of collectors that plagued the guild before. One name she pointed out was a Redguard collector that lives in Cheydinhal. He had recently added a unique sword to his collection and Sova suggested Aravi start there.

In Cheydinhal Aravi found his home easily enough as it was located near the east gate. She decided to wait till night before searching his home for artifacts. That night Aravi made her way up to his home and checked the streets for eyes. Finding the streets empty, she examined the door to his house. He had an expensive lock that was easily defeated by Nocturnal's gift. Inside there were display cases everywhere containing blades of every make. Aravi quickly checked each one and did not see anything suspicious. Moving upstairs to the bedroom area of the house, a blue glow sitting on the desk caught her attention. Moving closer she immediately recognized it as a Spire artifact.
“Who are you? I demand you leave my house at once!”
Aravi spun around and saw a Redguard behind her wearing elegant silks.
“Where did you get this? This is stolen property! Did you have someone murdered for it?”
The color drained from his face, and Aravi knew she had the right man. Her right hand rested on the hilt of her new black bladed sword but did not draw.
“I didn't have anyone murdered I bought it fairly.”
“Who did you buy it from?”
“Umm... from some bandits- I know it sounds fishy but I can't care where I get everything in my collection from! I'll show you where they are!”
He marked a cave on Aravi's map near Bravil.
“Don't kill me, they're the ones that murdered your friend, not me! Here take this.”
He tried to hand a large sack of gold to Aravi. The rage built up in her and she felt her ears flatten. Ignoring the bribe Aravi drew her blade.
“You are going to die for this.”
The collector dropped his sack which burst, spilling gold over the floor. He then dove for a display case and wrenched it open. Before he could properly arm himself Aravi's black blade plunged through the rich silks he wore and into his flesh. With a scream he spun and dropped to the floor. Aravi drove her sword down with her might into the man's chest, piercing his heart. Aravi took the artifact and left the dead man on the floor, his blood pooling with the gold coins on the floor. She exited his home and expected to be swarmed by guards. Surprisingly not a soul was around and she left town immediately. Aravi set out toward Bravil and walked through the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq1gmJTackU

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 31 2011, 09:56 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 31 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

Another heart pounding dungeon. The first part was extra neat because the ambient light didn't require the night eye, so the beautiful and spooky colors showed up great! More of that blood mod! I got a kick out Aravi when she was hopping across the water and a note came up saying she needed a bath! Lol.

I noted she was really using her poisons well and even some illusion command spells. And she still has good footwork that helps her dart in and out and dodge quite a few hits.

Nice stuff! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 2 2011, 06:22 AM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 31 2011, 04:50 PM) *

Another heart pounding dungeon. The first part was extra neat because the ambient light didn't require the night eye, so the beautiful and spooky colors showed up great!

Aravi likes to use light where she can, but most of the time in dungeons we have to use the night eye to see. I'm glad you liked it as well.

More of that blood mod! I got a kick out Aravi when she was hopping across the water and a note came up saying she needed a bath! Lol.

Lol! yeah that seems to work its way into every video! I guess fighting isn't exactly clean. I was tempted to just let Aravi drop into the water for a quick cleaning.

I noted she was really using her poisons well and even some illusion command spells. And she still has good footwork that helps her dart in and out and dodge quite a few hits.

Nice stuff! tongue.gif

She leaned on the poisons quite a bit during that excursion. We had to replace them before heading into the next one.

More Lost Spires!!!

Aravi's task:
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6218/orders.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDg_TFKD3I

APPROX TIME: 9 mins

**don't look at these until you have finished the video

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2498/ob...04012053582.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/629/obl...04012054212.jpg

This post has been edited by King Coin: Apr 2 2011, 06:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 2 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

I can't watch these till the house is awake - I'll be back !!! (spoken in an Arnold voice)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 2 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

LOVED this dungeon !!! (I was dying to see the loot on the bodies and in the chests - I have to get this mod !!!)

I don't know if it isn't a bit immersion killing to have a sign pop up saying she needs a bath, why not just have the effects and she needs to figure out why it is happening? That would be much more immersive to me. - Still, I think it is hilarious that every vid of her says she stinks and needs to bath, really funny !!!

At the end scene with the really adept fighters - was Aravi using 'command humanoid' spells?

Another AWESOME vid !!! I am LOVING seeing Aravi doing these quests !!!!

The Lost Diety Shrine was GORGEOUS !!! I looked so real !!! Loved the music there too !!! (I was surprised Aravi didn't bathe in the gorgeous setting, lol !!!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 3 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #47

Paladin
Group Icon

Nicely done again!

I know someone who would have dropped her clothes for that waterfall at the end!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 4 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

King Coin, the more I watch these vids, the more I think you need this mod: Symphony of Violence.

Don't worry about complexity, it's nothing more than a sound replacer, and if you use Bash you can merge the plugin into your Bashed Patch(which it only has one edited record inside).

Why am I recommending this? Well, to be brutally honest, the vanilla bow sounds are just terrible. I shudder every time you shoot your bow because it sounds so unrealistic... the vanilla sounds are an abomination to archers throughout the world and deserve to be stabbed and burned. viking.gif

Trust me, this mod adds a ton to the combat in this game. I consider it a must-have.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 4 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

I enjoyed the sounds in Primeval Hollow, that was fun. Party at the Lost Deity waterfall! The “you stink” messages are hilarious. It’s nice that after three days she only begins to turn heads. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 4 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 2 2011, 03:33 PM) *

LOVED this dungeon !!! (I was dying to see the loot on the bodies and in the chests - I have to get this mod !!!)

I don't know if it isn't a bit immersion killing to have a sign pop up saying she needs a bath, why not just have the effects and she needs to figure out why it is happening? That would be much more immersive to me. - Still, I think it is hilarious that every vid of her says she stinks and needs to bath, really funny !!!

At the end scene with the really adept fighters - was Aravi using 'command humanoid' spells?

Another AWESOME vid !!! I am LOVING seeing Aravi doing these quests !!!!

I'll be sure to show off any interesting loot from now on. This next dungeon had pretty standard loot so I cut most of the looting out to save time.

I notice the bathing sign a lot more in the videos than I do in game. That part of the screen just isn't as important as the other parts.

Aravi uses lots of command spells especially when there are numerous enemies.

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 2 2011, 03:33 PM) *

The Lost Diety Shrine was GORGEOUS !!! I looked so real !!! Loved the music there too !!! (I was surprised Aravi didn't bathe in the gorgeous setting, lol !!!)

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 2 2011, 07:09 PM) *

Nicely done again!

I know someone who would have dropped her clothes for that waterfall at the end!

Who's to say she didn't bathe in the pool. That's not for the cameras though wink.gif

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Apr 3 2011, 07:56 PM) *

King Coin, the more I watch these vids, the more I think you need this mod: Symphony of Violence.

Don't worry about complexity, it's nothing more than a sound replacer, and if you use Bash you can merge the plugin into your Bashed Patch(which it only has one edited record inside).

Why am I recommending this? Well, to be brutally honest, the vanilla bow sounds are just terrible. I shudder every time you shoot your bow because it sounds so unrealistic... the vanilla sounds are an abomination to archers throughout the world and deserve to be stabbed and burned. viking.gif

Trust me, this mod adds a ton to the combat in this game. I consider it a must-have.

This next video will not have it, but I will check into it before any more.

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 4 2011, 08:33 AM) *

I enjoyed the sounds in Primeval Hollow, that was fun. Party at the Lost Deity waterfall! The “you stink” messages are hilarious. It’s nice that after three days she only begins to turn heads. laugh.gif

lol, hygiene standards aren't as tough in Oblivion. I can assure you when she isn't out in the boonies she bathes everyday.

The orders: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6948/orders2.jpg

A maze Aravi had to navigate: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/93/obli...04030044230.jpg

A pleasant surprise: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5561/ob...04021111077.jpg

The video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxIjn2q2xU

APPROX TIME: 9.5 mins

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

I notice the bathing sign a lot more in the videos than I do in game. That part of the screen just isn't as important as the other parts.

After you told me this I thought about it - you are right, half the time I never knew I murdered someone until Lachance showed up in my bedroom - even though they write it across the screen "Unseen forces have witnessed ... etc."

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAH !!!! HOLY COW !!! I nearly had an accident when that giant minotaur suddenly started chasing her and all the doors were locked !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 5 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #53

Paladin
Group Icon

Ooh! I had the same foreboding feeling when Aravi entered that chamber of giant minotaurs. Even though I was pretty much expecting it, I still jumped as much as she did! What a white knuckle fight that was! I hope she didn't pee her greaves! tongue.gif

Congrats to Aravi on that new zoom in perk!

This post has been edited by Acadian: Apr 5 2011, 02:19 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 4 2011, 09:15 PM) *

Ooh! I had the same foreboding feeling when Aravi entered that chamber of giant minotaurs. Even though I was pretty much expecting it, I still jumped as much as she did! What a white knuckle fight that was! I hope she didn't pee her greaves! tongue.gif

If she didn't, I did it for her !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 5 2011, 02:56 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

I knew something was up when I saw those skeletons were Fallen Adventurers and not just skeletons. To be honest I wasn't expecting that guy at all. I got an Indiana Jones vibe from the lighting so Aravi was looking out for a trap or something. When the big guy appeared though... well you saw what happened. GET THAT DOOR OPEN!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Apr 4 2011, 09:56 PM) *

I knew something was up when I saw those skeletons were Fallen Adventurers and not just skeletons. To be honest I wasn't expecting that guy at all. I got an Indiana Jones vibe from the lighting so Aravi was looking out for a trap or something. When the big guy appeared though... well you saw what happened. GET THAT DOOR OPEN!!!!!

I smelled a trap right away too - all that and the minotaur couldn't be looted too !! ARGH !!! Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 7 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

While I'm getting the next video ready I'll post these screen shots.

Aravi's wearing some new greaves and some fingerless gloves:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6945/oblivi...04061824215.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1458/ob...04061824465.jpg

Inside of the dungeon:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8345/ob...04061741313.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 7 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

The first one is my fave !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 7 2011, 01:19 AM
Post #59

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks makes the kitty, and Aravi looks fabulous. Great armor, gloves and sword!

I wonder if Aravi's thinking on the fingerless gloves is the same as Buffy's? She wears no gloves or sometimes, fingerless ones (for cold weather). That way, when she reaches into her quiver, she can sense the diffs between the tails of her broadheads and armor-piercing arrows.

Great screenies!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 7 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 6 2011, 06:57 PM) *

The first one is my fave !!!!

Mine too. The second one was to show the interesting backing on the gloves.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 6 2011, 07:19 PM) *

Looks makes the kitty, and Aravi looks fabulous. Great armor, gloves and sword!

I wonder if Aravi's thinking on the fingerless gloves is the same as Buffy's? She wears no gloves or sometimes, fingerless ones (for cold weather). That way, when she reaches into her quiver, she can sense the diffs between the tails of her broadheads and armor-piercing arrows.

Great screenies!

That's one reason, the other is that you never know when those Khajiit claws will be needed! Same reason why she usually skips wearing boots.

Aravi was sent to investigate a location referenced by that Stele she found in the previous dungeon.

Quest update:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3448/questupdate.jpg

The video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOQr7k8ek8

APPROX TIME: 8.5 mins

This goes along with the video:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2968/ob...04061749160.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post

31 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:26 PM