210 Pages V « < 204 205 206 207 208 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
Renee
post Jan 8 2024, 01:01 AM
Post #4101

Councilor
Group Icon

He wound up plying a phial of his 'wares' to somebody on the road just before entering Wawnet Inn. He doesn't dare try to sell to merchants; they can wind up calling the guards (and putting a Trespass crime on him) if things go wrong. unsure.gif

Last I saw he got rid of almost all his stash (7 more phials) in Dzonot Cave. 🍾

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 8 2024, 06:30 PM
Post #4102

Mouth
Group Icon

Sounds like Snaat Rayag (what a name) is feeling the effects of a recent crackdown on the illegal Skooma trade.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 8 2024, 06:44 PM
Post #4103

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 8 2024, 05:30 PM) *

Sounds like Snaat Rayag (what a name) is feeling the effects of a recent crackdown on the illegal Skooma trade.

But what about the legal Skooma trade? Is that still going alright? blink.gif

In the meantime, Geralt is having a very similar problem in the Northern Realms. He needs "alcohest" and "saltpeter" for his potions and bombs, and those are supposed to be really common ingredients... But there's none to be had! Not from merchants and not from loot! ohmy.gif And I didn't install any "economy" mods either! ohmy.gif I suspect illegal drug trade. Someone's set up a alchemy lab and guzzled up all the ingredients from the market! mad.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 8 2024, 08:53 PM
Post #4104

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, hope Geralt is able to find those!

In my gameworld skooma is illegal, (through a mod, of course). cool.gif Presumably there are regions where the skooma trade occurs with little consequence, but if my guy gets caught by a guard and chooses to Go To Jail or Pay The Fine, all his product gets confiscated. huh.gif

His bounty right now is 400-something, because occasionally he sells to someone who "calls the guards", adding a small bounty of 40 Septims each. These fees rack up over time, but for now nobody really cares> I think once his bounty gets over 500 is when soldiers and guards will start to get into his face, "STOP! You violated the law!" viking.gif

Shameful plug: all of the NPC reactions which occur while Snaaty tries to ply his wares are my own idea. And it's neat playing a dealer; I've never played a merchant before to this extent. Disposition and the Mercantile skill are at the forefront of his interactions, rather than the usual Magic and/or Weaponry skills.

Edit: oh and last I saw, he was in All Saint's Inn.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 8 2024, 10:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 9 2024, 06:52 PM
Post #4105

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Pretty cool that if you sell or try to sell skooma, whoever you try and sell it to might report you! laugh.gif

-------------------

After clearing out Plundered Mine, Lothran has now also cleared out Capstone Cave. Well, except for two friendly female Khajiit who were more willing to chat than to fight. They also saw no problem in Lothran killing their friends and taking all their gold and silver laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 9 2024, 09:17 PM
Post #4106

Councilor
Group Icon

That's awesome. He should try asking those kitties on a date.

Kidding. tongue.gif First Seed 29, mid-afternoon: Snaat Rayag just finished roaming the Waterfront. He left Chorrol with about 70 gold and now he's got 491. Time to get a posh room and maybe a lady of the evening to share it with. wub.gif Tomorrow he might head off to Bravil so he can restock. Bravil's the mecca of moon sugar products, after all. 🚬

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 13 2024, 09:17 AM
Post #4107

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I can recommend Snaat going to the Isles; lots of sugar there too biggrin.gif

-----------------------

Lothran has spent another evening at Olav's. It's morning and he will now make his first trip way out west east and clear Silver Tooth Mine and then camp the night at Azura's shrine.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 13 2024, 01:20 PM
Post #4108

Paladin
Group Icon

Say hi to Buffy's godmother, the Mistress of Twilight.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 14 2024, 10:39 AM
Post #4109

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Will do! happy.gif

Lothran cleared Silver Tooth Cave in record time yesterday. That's mainly because he didn't sneak, taking his time trying to clear the place without being detected like he's usually done it in the past. No, this time he did the Plundered Mine thing where he goes in with horns and trumpets and just went Terminator on the goblins. His main weapon quickly ran out of charge so he switched to Snowflake. While it isn't the strongest weapon it does wonders when coupled with the dedicated Weakness spell. Slashing like it's no tomorrow helps too laugh.gif
Snowflake has a huge charge due to the low enchantment so it did last the rest of the cave easily. However, it did go from fully 533 to around 240 which tells you how heavily Lothran used it. It otherwise rarely goes below 400 before Lothran recharges it because why not. As a backup weapon, Snowflake is great!

Now a night has been spent at Azura's shrine and come next session Lothran will return to Bruma.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 14 2024, 05:01 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 14 2024, 05:04 PM
Post #4110

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to see Snowflake still in service. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Turija
post Jan 14 2024, 09:26 PM
Post #4111

Retainer

Well, it's nice to come back from a looong break and find familiar faces. I've been afk for many years and haven't played any Bethesda games is quite a while. Looks like the Bethesda forums are completely shut down but good to see Chorrol alive and well.

Just reinstalled Oblivion (the GOG version this time) and made a new mod list (so many new mods). My new character, Reylan Jend, a Breton mage just got to Cheydinhal where he joined the guild and is now waiting to catch Deetsan alone so he can talk to her about the foul smell coming out of the well. Good thing Reylan saved up his ale bottles from the tutorial dungeon because he isn't going to be drinking water anytime soon
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 14 2024, 11:53 PM
Post #4112

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, welcome back Turija. Yeah, I think Beth's forums are basically Discord nowadays. Which is fine. Their revamped forums which launched in 2018 weren't as good in a few ways.

Hoy there, Reylan Jend. Nice to have a new face.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 14 2024, 11:59 PM
Post #4113

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome back, Turija! Enjoy your game. We have several folks here playing Oblivion. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 15 2024, 05:46 PM
Post #4114

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Is several folks me? tongue.gif Oh, and Renee and Lena biggrin.gif

Yes; welcome back Turija and welcome Reylan!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 15 2024, 09:18 PM
Post #4115

Paladin
Group Icon

And macole. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Turija
post Jan 16 2024, 06:58 PM
Post #4116

Retainer

Hey Renee!

Hey Acadian!

Hey Mirocu!

Good to see you all again!! Feels like Bruma here in the Pacific Northwest. We've been snowed in since Friday, so I have been playing in the snow and playing Oblivion. More snow tonight but then it is supposed to all melt away after that.

Reylan is working his way through through the recommendation quests, taking time out to buy the Imperial Waterfront shack. Now he is in Leyawiin trying to find a certain amulet.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 16 2024, 08:55 PM
Post #4117

Ancient
Group Icon

Welcome back Turija, long time no see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Turija
post Jan 17 2024, 11:00 PM
Post #4118

Retainer

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 16 2024, 08:55 PM) *

Welcome back Turija, long time no see.

Thanks! Good to see you again too!

Reylan Jend completed the Leyawiin recommendation quest last night and had an ominous feeling that an unseen force witnessed his ruthless dispatching of Kalthar. Don't know why it counted as "murder" since Reylan was just defending himself, but you gotta love Oblivion's random glitches -- they so often play into interesting roleplaying opportunities . . .

When Reylan returned to Dagail, she said something rather prophetic: "I must warn you. I have seen things in your future. Things which may be, and things which will be. It will be up to you to decide the fate of many. Life and death are strange things, easily manipulated, and both will be altered by your hands." Dagail has some powerful visions, seeing into the future of Reylan's moral struggles, as he will soon be tempted down a dark path by Lucien Lachance.

This post has been edited by Turija: Jan 18 2024, 01:53 AM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 18 2024, 05:59 PM
Post #4119

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Turija @ Jan 17 2024, 11:00 PM) *

Reylan Jend completed the Leyawiin recommendation quest last night and had an ominous feeling that an unseen force witnessed his ruthless dispatching of Kalthar. Don't know why it counted as "murder" since Reylan was just defending himself, but you gotta love Oblivion's random glitches -- they so often play into interesting roleplaying opportunities . . .

Yeah. Lothran got his when killing the Grey Prince. What path will Reylan take?

------------------------
The Dark Elf has just completed his patrol route west past Hermaues Mora's shrine. A spider Daedra waited at the end this time which was quickly disposed of, and now awaits the trekk home to Olav's Tap and Tack.

Surprisingly, only one ogre encountered whereas there's usually four or five. Only bears this time kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Turija
post Jan 18 2024, 07:03 PM
Post #4120

Retainer

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 18 2024, 05:59 PM) *

Yeah. Lothran got his when killing the Grey Prince. What path will Reylan take?

When Reylan was traveling back to his shack in the Imperial City, he was jumped by some brigands near the Wayshrine of Zenithar and ended up randomly wandering past the Inn of Ill Omen. He resisted the temptation to go inside. Who knows how long he will be able to resist temptation? After all, he is a Jend, and as we all know, the Jends of Cyrodiil have a reputation of being rather unpredictable, some might say reckless, and like his more famous cousin, Reylan too enjoys exploding his enemies.
+Quote Post

210 Pages V « < 204 205 206 207 208 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:44 PM