Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
mALX
post Sep 25 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #541

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 24 2020, 11:44 PM) *

Abandoned trying to get blood packs to satisfy the “dark cravings”. I just couldn’t figure out how to get it to work. So, in the end I simply made the blood pack satisfy normal hunger and made them more powerful to simulate getting more benefit from the blood than a normal human. I’m justifying giving up on it to myself by considering that drinking from a blood pack isn’t the same as drinking from a person, mainly because the blood inside the packs (which some how stayed viable for over 200 years) should be well beyond it’s use-by-date.

I'll bet Subrosa or Ghastley could tell you how to set that up.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 25 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #542

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2020, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 24 2020, 11:44 PM) *

Abandoned trying to get blood packs to satisfy the “dark cravings”. I just couldn’t figure out how to get it to work. So, in the end I simply made the blood pack satisfy normal hunger and made them more powerful to simulate getting more benefit from the blood than a normal human. I’m justifying giving up on it to myself by considering that drinking from a blood pack isn’t the same as drinking from a person, mainly because the blood inside the packs (which some how stayed viable for over 200 years) should be well beyond it’s use-by-date.

I'll bet Subrosa or Ghastley could tell you how to set that up.

Well maybe Subbie, I don’t think Ghastley plays this game. I don’t want to bother her with it though so if she volunteers her help here, I’ll take it, otherwise I’m good with where it’s at now. It feels right!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 25 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #543

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't really know. I never use the survival stuff. For Loviatar I changed the blood packs to act like stimpacks, giving a lot of healing and healing limb damage.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 25 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #544

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 25 2020, 02:54 PM) *

I don't really know. I never use the survival stuff. For Loviatar I changed the blood packs to act like stimpacks, giving a lot of healing and healing limb damage.

That’s ok Subbie, I really am fine with it. I suspect there is scripting that has to be done in order to get it to work, and that’s just beyond my ability to understand, lol.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 23 2020, 08:51 AM
Post #545

Ancient
Group Icon

I found High FPS Physics Fix a while ago, and decided to finally give it a test. It allows you to play the above 60 fps without breaking the game. I only tested it a little, but it seems to be working. I think. I will have to play a lot more to be sure.

I also got an idea while playing Fallout 3 to maybe try playing a Wood Elf in Fallout 4. She would be a character using sniper rifles, and maybe a sword or machete for close up work. And I would use the console to make a lot more animals friendly than I normally would. Maybe everything except insects. But definitely Yao-Guai and Deathclaws would be friendly. Plus of course dogs. I always make dogs friendly.

To play an elf, I found Extended Facial Sculpting. It adds a lot more sculpting options to your face. With it I was able to make some pointy elf ears on a test character. So that works.

Maybe I can find some other fantasy inspired mods for armor. Or even a bow. Though I think I would rather go with some kind of sniper rifle. Though I do have a camo fatigues mod, and I could combine that with maybe combat armor with some kind of forest camo paint job. My character Medusa wears that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 23 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #546

Ancient
Group Icon

High FPS Physics Fix has not worked out. I found it was causing a keyboard lag whenever I was in first person view. I would push one of the move buttons, and nothing would happen. Then over a second later I would finally move. Removing High FPS Physics Fix made it go away.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 24 2020, 03:59 AM
Post #547

Ancient
Group Icon

So I have been working on my new Fallout 4 character idea. I decided for her to use the SA80 Enfield Rifle mod. I took a closer look at the stamping on the side of the rifle, and found something amusing on the second line, after Heckler and...

Warning, might not be safe for children!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2021, 01:58 PM
Post #548

Master
Group Icon

Anyone else have performance issues with Fallout 4 these days? I've been battling it over the last few days after finally having enough of the framerate drops in Boston, Cambridge, and Lexington. Turns out it was all because of mods that trash or eliminate precombines and previs. I'm into a fresh install following this up-to-date guide.

My game runs immaculately now. I used to get FPS drops anywhere from 20-30 near Faneuil Hall, Corvega, and Bunker Hill. Now the drops are negligible, and I cruise at 60 FPS everywhere, with occasional dips to about 55. I'm still early on in rebuilding the rest of my load order, but I already found another mod to avoid: Unlocked Trailers Project. It's basically Beantown Interiors, but for the abandoned tractor trailers around the Commonwealth. I installed it last night and my FPS tanked by 30 at Corvega.

ANDREWCX has a great write up on Precombines and Previs at Bethnet that is worth a read.

My new routine for mods will be to check it in xEdit - I found that you can apply a filter to find precombine conflicts. It'll be tough to leave behind Scrap mods, but think I found a decent alternative in Cleaner Lived-In Settlements.

I had to nuke my Tarani playthrough, but thankfully I still have her preset.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 22 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #549

Master
Group Icon

I figured out a combination of two mods that changes everything. The first mod is called Basement Living, and it lets you build personal underground homes at settlements. The second mod is called Conquest, by Chesko, which lets you build campsites anywhere.

The campsites can then be upgraded into settlements by building a workbench. Once you have your portable settlement up, you can place one of basement shelters and then dissolve the settlement and campsite, leaving you with a underground player home anywhere you want.

Works amazing. I tested it at Wildwood Cemetery.

This post has been edited by Kane: Aug 22 2021, 05:54 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 23 2021, 08:20 AM
Post #550

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 22 2021, 11:48 AM) *

I figured out a combination of two mods that changes everything. The first mod is called Basement Living, and it lets you build personal underground homes at settlements. The second mod is called Conquest, by Chesko, which lets you build campsites anywhere.

The campsites can then be upgraded into settlements by building a workbench. Once you have your portable settlement up, you can place one of basement shelters and then dissolve the settlement and campsite, leaving you with a underground player home anywhere you want.

Sounds amazing. How do you disslove the settlement?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 23 2021, 01:22 PM
Post #551

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 23 2021, 03:20 AM) *

Sounds amazing. How do you disslove the settlement?

It's part of the Conquest mod. Once you've converted a campsite into a settlement (by building a workshop), you can activate the workbench and choose an option to remove (dissolve) the settlement and it reverts back to an empty space.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Aug 23 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #552

Finder
Group Icon

An underground bunker sounds perfect for a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 23 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #553

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Aug 23 2021, 09:33 AM) *
An underground bunker sounds perfect for a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Definitely! Especially if you can place it wherever you want to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2021, 04:29 PM
Post #554

Ancient
Group Icon

Interesting. How do you build the underground part? Is it just a single room like the one in Sanctuary Hills?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 26 2021, 04:46 PM
Post #555

Master
Group Icon

They are prefabs of various bunkers you find in the Commonwealth, plus a couple that were cut from the game. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10967

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2021, 06:02 PM
Post #556

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 26 2021, 10:46 AM) *

They are prefabs of various bunkers you find in the Commonwealth, plus a couple that were cut from the game. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10967

Neat!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 26 2021, 06:26 PM
Post #557

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2021, 01:02 PM) *

Neat!

Yeah, it really does make for some great possibilities. I'm thinking of throwing down a couple of them with my next character.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 27 2021, 01:26 AM
Post #558

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 26 2021, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2021, 01:02 PM) *

Neat!

Yeah, it really does make for some great possibilities. I'm thinking of throwing down a couple of them with my next character.

Can we also lock the door to it with the locksmith mod? You know, to keep the rabble out? Also, is there a tile set that allows for the catacomb like architecture of the railroad hq? That would be ideal in a cemetery underground home.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 27 2021, 01:27 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 27 2021, 02:36 AM
Post #559

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2021, 08:26 PM) *

a cemetery underground home.

I believe those are called tombs...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 27 2021, 03:34 AM
Post #560

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 26 2021, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 26 2021, 08:26 PM) *

a cemetery underground home.

I believe those are called tombs...

Nuh unh!! You just made that up! tongue.gif

Seriously though, should it still be called a tomb if you live there? Would a mausoleum still be a mausoleum if someone lives out of one? Or should it then be considered a really stoney house? Or do you just go with whatever it’s original purpose was intended for? unsure.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:34 AM