Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout 4 Mods
Chorrol.com > Mods > Fallout Series Mods
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
SubRosa
I thought I would make a separate mod topic for Fallout 4, since having mods for FO3, NV, and 4 would be a little crowded for one thread.

I started FO4 a few days ago, and quickly came across some must have mods to simply play the game at all.

The Fallout 4 Script Extender - F4SE = Just like the other Beth games, this is a necessary utility.

Mod Organizer 2.0 = The successor to FOMM, for your mod installing and load order sorting needs. Not as good as FOMM, but it is better than nothing.

LooksMenu = This gives you a list of body parts to choose from when creating a character, rather than playing hunt-the-pixel by mousing over every speck of your characters face to see what you can change and what you cannot.

Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures = A much more natural-looking texture. Not as plastic and shiny looking as the vanilla textures are.

Ponytail Hairstyles = From our old friend Azar. Because you never want the vanilla hair in a Bethesda game.

CC's Improved Hair Colors = Because every hair color in the vanilla game is brown.

True Eyes = Improved eye textures.

Face Ripper = For copying faces between characters.

Full Dialog Interface = So you actually know what we are saying.

Dot Instead Of Crosshair = Gives you a small, unobtrusive dot instead of those big ugly crosshairs. As an added bonus you can actually see exactly what you are aiming at.

Moon Size Adjuster = Allows you to make the moon larger. A little bit goes a long way. I went with 1.5x, the smallest increase.

Moon - Beautiful Hi Res Texture = Looks much better than the vanilla moon.

Visible Galaxy 4k = Comes with the stars too. Much better than the vanilla night sky.

No Smoking = Because its gross. Not to mention there would not be any cigarettes or cigars lefter after 200 years.
Lopov
No smoking? ohmy.gif laugh.gif But be able to smoke in Fallout is one of the best features. biggrin.gif So this means that smoking is actually possible in the vanilla game?
Acadian
Good idea to create this thread, SubRosa. I have retitled the older catchall Fallout mods thread to reflect a repurposing to mods for FO3/NV. smile.gif
mALX

My son just bought FO4, so I'm sure I'll be sneaking into his room and playing on it while he is at work, lol.

Love those textures in that mod you listed, SubRosa!

SubRosa
I have added more mods lately, so here a bunch of links:

Victus Tactical Armor = a sleek suit of futuristic armor.

Nanosuit 6.2 = another sleek suit of futuristic armor.

ACF-N7 Combat Armor = A new version of combat armor.

Asuka Officer Uniform = It is anime-inspired, but still looks good.

Prudy Vault Suit = Basically a black vault suit.

Sirius Assault Suit = Another sleek futuristic body suit. Comes in both powered and non-powered versions. Hecate is wearing this.

Jacketed Sirius Assault Suit = The above armor with a jacket added.

Gorgeous Vault Girl = Replaces the first preset with a good female face.

Vault Girl = A work in progress to replace the vault boy with a vault girl. Here is a link to some pics

A Vault Girl Perk Tree replacer = works with the Vault Girl mod above.

Traits for Fallout 4 = Brings back the trait system, with a bunch of new traits, as well as the originals. The Four Eyes trait does not work with the vanilla Black Rimmed Glasses. But that is easy enough to fix with the Creation Kit.

Black MacCready Duster = A black retexture of the vanilla item.

10mm Pistol - Stahl Arms STA-20 = A black retexture of the vanilla 10mm pistol.

Visible Weapons - 3rd Person Holster = F4 does not show your holstered weapon at your hip or back. This brings that back in a way, but creating holstered weapons as wearable clothing. They can be linked to your real weapon, so the holstered version dissapears when you draw your gun, then reappears when you put it away. It does not work with all weapons though.

Mk14 EBR = An excellent sniper rifle. Hecate uses this.

Easier Hacking = Makes hacking easier by reducing the number of passwords you have to guess from. Also has modules for easier lockpicking and pickpocketing.

Spetsnaz Rifle = A good Russian sniper rifle.

M82a3 AMR = The classic Barrett sniper rifle.

DKS-501 Sniper Rifle = The vanilla sniper rifle from Fallout 3.

SubRosa
I have some more graphics mods to add:

Star Wars TIE Fighter Pip-Boy = A black retexture for the pipboy, with a few options for red or white secondary colors and glowing lights.

Easy To See Glowing Mags = Puts a glow map around the skill magazines so you can see them. I found that the vanilla ones can be impossible to see because they blend in so seamlessly with the static junk in the world.

Perk Magazine Fix = This fixes a bug where some of the magazines would not work with the glow mags mod above.

Burnt Books Are Actually Burnt = The title says it all.

Overdue Books Retexture = Gives the overdue books an orange texture that makes them easy to see.

EoW - Pre-War Books Retexture = Gives more interesting textures to the pre-war books.
Winter Wolf
A mod that is more in line with how sleep, drink and sleep should be.

And best of all you can use it on any difficulty setting.

Hardcore Mode

Quote from the mod creator-

In Beth's survival mode you can't save when you want, you can't fast travel, you have carry weight penalty.

Also needs rates is so that you have to eat one whole brahmin and cistern of water every day, and at the same time it's okay to sleep just one hour of 24. Plus survival disease acquiring mechanism is so unlear that looks more like a bizarre random, and survival antibiotic is a some kind of magical panacea that cures everything from diarrhea to cancer. laugh.gif

SubRosa
I just learned that in F4 Critical Hits only work in VATS. $#%*$!!!!!!! Thankfully I found Critical Hits Outside of VATS. I doubled the Critical chance, which still seems rather low to me.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 5 2016, 08:23 PM) *

I just learned that in F4 Critical Hits only work in VATS. $#%*$!!!!!!! Thankfully I found Critical Hits Outside of VATS. I doubled the Critical chance, which still seems rather low to me.

Yeah that's another thing this one is not keen on in Fallout4. Only good thing about it is that the hit is guaranteed no matter what percentage of chance to hit is being displayed on the pip boy.
Kane
Best Mod EVER.

Wilhelm Scream Mod
SubRosa
Zoom = Allows you to zoom out the camera much farther while in Third Person view.

T-45 Outcast Power Armor Paint = Adds a red and black paint job for Power Armor.

Black Military Paint for Power Armor = A texture replacer that makes the Military paint for power armor black instead of olive.

Vendor Caps = This allows you to increase the amount of money that vendors have to trade with.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 27 2016, 04:06 PM) *

Gorgeous Vault Girl = Replaces the first preset with a good female face.

There you go! If I can't have any other mods, I most def want this one!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 5 2016, 09:23 PM) *

Maybe this one too!

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 6 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Your link didn't come through on the "Best Mod Ever," but if it is supposed to be Bond's Exploding gun and Missile gun = That thing is AWESOME !!!!

SubRosa
Minigun Improved = This mod improves the minigun! (Duh!) laugh.gif Seriously though, it reduces the spread, improves the damage a little, and makes it take longer to overheat. It makes much needed improvements without being overpowered.

Rust Free Minigun = A simple texture replacer that makes the minigun look better by removing the rust.
SubRosa
Crows and Creatures = Improved textures for Crows and many other animals, such as Cats, Radroaches, Yao-Guai, Seagulls, etc...

Detailed Deathclaws = A texture replacer for Deathclaws.

Detailed Feral Ghouls = A texture replacer for Ferals.

Chem Redux = A texture replacer for the chems in the game, making them easier to see with glowmaps.

This Is MY Bed = Adds several beds that you can construct in the workshop that settlers won't sleep in. Good for keeping them from messing up your teddy bear collection.

Ironman Survival Tweaks = Despite its poor name, this is in fact a bunch of perk improvements that work on any difficulty level. Even better, they are provided in separate .esps per perk or perk group (some are related to one another). So you are not stuck with a whole bunch of modded perks just to get the one you want. I mainly got it for the Animal Friend perk, which is modded to act like it did in FO3.
Winter Wolf
Texture mods for Fallout 4 are desperately needed. Why did Beth make everything so smooth? Yuck! I use the feral ghoul one and it is much better. Now I just need one that adds the Fallout 3 ghoul audio files.

Cracked glass Pipboy

Railroad agent armor

Player home on boat

Dogmeat backpack

Some mods I really like are not at Nexus. Deadly bosses of the Commonwealth adds great battles to the game and the best radio mod I have used is Dark Star Radio. Every song is perfect for the Fallout universe. Much better than the rubbish that Beth gave us this time.

Edit- Another fun mod. Endless Warfare
SubRosa
I found how you can center your 3rd person camera by editing Fallout4.ini. Just add the following to the bottom of your .ini file:

[Camera]
;gun equipped
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=-15
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=-1
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=-35
f3rdPersonAimDist=34

;melee weapon equipped
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatAddY=-15
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosX=-1
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosZ=-35

;no weapon equipped
fOverShoulderPosZ=-7

;Power Armor Camera Adjustment
f3rdPersonPowerArmorCameraAdjust=0.0000

;Must be set to 0 or none of the other camera centering tweaks will work.
;Must be commented out for Barber or Surgeons Chairs to work.
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0

;Supposed to reduce the player clipping with the surroundings
fActorFadeOutBoundMax=0
fActorFadeOutLimit=0
fMinTimeInvisible=0
fOverShoulderOffsetCollisionScalar=0

;Optional. This controls how close in and far away the 3rd person camera can go. Tweak them to your preference.
fVanityModeMaxDist=300
fVanityModeMinDist=100
Kane
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 11 2016, 12:49 AM) *

Your link didn't come through on the "Best Mod Ever," but if it is supposed to be Bond's Exploding gun and Missile gun = That thing is AWESOME !!!!

Whoops, just saw this. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCpNC5da5s
SubRosa
Here is another ini tweak. To skip the opening cinematics and have the game start directly to the main menu, add this to the [General] section of Fallout4.ini:

uMainMenuDelayBeforeAllowSkip=0
uMainMenuMusicAttnmB=0
uMainMenuMusicFadeTimeMS=0
fChancesToPlayAlternateIntro=0
sIntroMovie=
sIntroSequence=
sStreamInstallVideoPlayList=
mALX
QUOTE(Cain @ Jan 17 2017, 12:53 PM) *

I can't watch that for a while, I'm waiting for my son to let me play his FO4; so for the time being I'm not taking any spoilers.

But thanks for the link, I will look at it in about a month, lol.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 15 2017, 01:09 PM) *

I found how you can center your 3rd person camera by editing Fallout4.ini. Just add the following to the bottom of your .ini file:

[Camera]
;gun equipped
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=-15
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=-1
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=-35
f3rdPersonAimDist=34

;melee weapon equipped
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatAddY=-15
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosX=-1
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosZ=-35

;no weapon equipped
fOverShoulderPosZ=-7

;Power Armor Camera Adjustment
f3rdPersonPowerArmorCameraAdjust=0.0000

;Must be set to 0 or none of the other camera centering tweaks will work.
;Must be commented out for Barber or Surgeons Chairs to work.
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0

;Supposed to reduce the player clipping with the surroundings
fActorFadeOutBoundMax=0
fActorFadeOutLimit=0
fMinTimeInvisible=0
fOverShoulderOffsetCollisionScalar=0

;Optional. This controls how close in and far away the 3rd person camera can go. Tweak them to your preference.
fVanityModeMaxDist=300
fVanityModeMinDist=100

This is really an exciting fix for me, because I play in 3rd person almost exclusively; and for some odd reason they have (in the last few games) suddenly started riding the camera over to the right of the character as if you are walking beside them. I don't know if they are doing that for RP purposes or what, but it really screws up gameplay when you can't look where you are going, lol.

I still haven't gotten to play it, waiting for my son to hand it over. verysad.gif

Kane
QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2017, 06:05 PM) *

I can't watch that for a while, I'm waiting for my son to let me play his FO4; so for the time being I'm not taking any spoilers.

No spoilers involved! It's just a mod that alters the sound effects of laser weapons. The only thing you see in the video is a battle between the Institute and the BoS.
mALX
QUOTE(Cain @ Jan 18 2017, 07:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2017, 06:05 PM) *

No spoilers involved! It's just a mod that alters the sound effects of laser weapons. The only thing you see in the video is a battle between the Institute and the BoS.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

SubRosa
Ash and Goo Pile Preventer - is a mod that prevents ash and goo piles from being created by energy weapons. Apparently the game does remove them now when cells reset. But not in all cells. It appears those in settlements never get removed.

I also found some interesting Silver Shroud mods:

4K Silver Shround Retexture - is a simple texture upgrade of the Silver Shroud outfit, without changing how it looks.

Legendary Silver Submachinegun - Makes the Silver Submachinegun a Legendary item. The default effect is Nocturnal (does more damage as the night goes on), but there are half a dozen other effects you can choose from instead. I opted for the Assassin version, which does extra damage against humans.

SubRosa
Proper Flyers and Posters - is a texture replacer that delivers improved graphics for the posters you see stuck on walls. I am using the Lore-Friendly, standard version, and it is a big improvement over the original game.
SubRosa
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon - is a LooksMenu face preset of Ciri from Witcher 3. I am thinking this could be a good start to creating Persephone in Fallout 4.

Sole Survivor Ciri - another LooksMenu preset of Ciri.
SubRosa
Bethesda came out with another game patch recently 1.9.4.0. It was forced down on me today, without giving me any chance to say no. Naturally it broke F4SE, and every mod that requires it, like LooksMenu.

But there is an update to F4SE here. It is the one at the top of the page: 0.3.0 7z archive. There is also an update to LooksMenu here on the Nexus.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Anyone play this with mods on PS4? Just wondering what some good ones are.
Kane
Played for a few months with mods, before I got my PC. Lemme see what I can list for ya....

[PS4]SimpleGreen - SimpleSeasons 'Spring' (Adds some nice greenery to the drab wasteland)
[PS4]Wacky Weapons Workshop (Season Pass) [Let's you cross-mod weapons]
[PS4]Unlock Ballistic Weave
[PS4]Goodneighbor Fixed/Cleaned/Custom
[PS4]STS - Scrap that Settlement! - Base Game (Can scrap almost everything other than the landscape)
[PS4]The Beantown Interiors Project (Far Harbor Required) [Opens up some of the boarded up buildings)
[PS4]Finch Farm and Graygarden Overpass Lifts
[PS4]Custom Paint for Power Armor
[PS4]New Hairstyle: Waste Anchorage
[PS4]Diamond City Entrance Clean Up
[PS4]Colzie's Taffington Boathouse (Repairs it and removes junk)
[PS4]Daswolfen's Sanctury Hills Bridge Body Removal
[PS4]DLC Ammo Leveled lists
[PS4]Craft Vault 88 Cure
[PS4]Colzie's Croup Manor (Repairs it and removes junk)
[PS4]Power Armor Frame Crafting & More: Season Pass Version
[PS4]Limited Minutemen Quests (Only one quest from Preston at a time)
[PS4]Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR) (All DLC) *REQUIRED*

All of ANDREWXC's UCO and USO mods.They let you mod the crap out of clothing and armor, and add a lot of new building options.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 06:55 AM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!
Question: what does "Unlock Ballistic Weave" do, just make it available without having to mess with The Railroad stuff?
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 12:19 PM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!
Question: what does "Unlock Ballistic Weave" do, just make it available without having to mess with The Railroad stuff?

smile.gif

Yeah, it's automatically available from the get-go.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 12:19 PM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!

smile.gif

Yeah, it's automatically available from the get-go.

Ok got it. Does this have any negative effects in The Railroad quests should Khajiit's character desire to side with them?
Kane
None that I noticed. I think I even did a full Railroad playthrough with that running.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 01:28 PM) *

None that I noticed. I think I even did a full Railroad playthrough with that running.

IPB Image
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 03:27 PM) *

IPB Image

The tricky part is finding enough ballistic fiber. The duplication glitch works well for that, though.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 03:27 PM) *

IPB Image

The tricky part is finding enough ballistic fiber. The duplication glitch works well for that, though.

Yeah, Khajiit tries not use exploits (feels like cheating). He did pretty well prioritizing it in his last survival game (which he just deleted for losing his focus).
SubRosa
Now that I figured out how to replace the meshes of weapons, I am creating mods to replace most of the vanilla weapon meshes with modded ones. So far I have replaced the vanilla assault rifle with the M4A1, and the combat rifle with the M2216.

I am thinking about what to replace the Hunting Rifle with next. I was originally going to use the DKS-501 mod. But the trouble is the vanilla hunting rifle is a pretty ordinary bolt-action rifle at low levels. It only turns into a sleek sniper rifle at higher levels. So it would be better to have a more ordinary-looking rifle that could bridge both types. Like the M1 Garand or M14.

Or I could try to just replace the higher level OMODs for the hunting rifle with the DKS ones. So it looks like the vanilla rifle at low level, but the DKS at high level. But that might be tough to pull off and have it all work.

I am still not sure about the Pipe guns. I know I want to replace them. I am just not sure what with. I see three specific Pipe Guns in the CK - The Pipe Bolt Action, Pipe Gun, and Pipe Revolver. I am thinking of replacing them with some pistol mods, like the M9, the M1911, and the Sig Sauer P220. But I would like to see some Eastern Bloc/Kalishnikov style weapons in the game too, so I might use the AK-74M for one of them,

Not sure about the Combat Shotgun either. I am thinking either the IF-88 or the M1014

I'd like to replace the Flamer with something that looks more like an actual flame thrower. But I have not come across any flamer mods.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 01:58 PM) *

Now that I figured out how to replace the meshes of weapons, I am creating mods to replace most of the vanilla weapon meshes with modded ones. So far I have replaced the vanilla assault rifle with the M4A1, and the combat rifle with the M2216.

I am thinking about what to replace the Hunting Rifle with next. I was originally going to use the DKS-501 mod. But the trouble is the vanilla hunting rifle is a pretty ordinary bolt-action rifle at low levels. It only turns into a sleek sniper rifle at higher levels. So it would be better to have a more ordinary-looking rifle that could bridge both types. Like the M1 Garand or M14.

Or I could try to just replace the higher level OMODs for the hunting rifle with the DKS ones. So it looks like the vanilla rifle at low level, but the DKS at high level. But that might be tough to pull off and have it all work.

I am still not sure about the Pipe guns. I know I want to replace them. I am just not sure what with. I see three specific Pipe Guns in the CK - The Pipe Bolt Action, Pipe Gun, and Pipe Revolver. I am thinking of replacing them with some pistol mods, like the M9, the M1911, and the Sig Sauer P220. But I would like to see some Eastern Bloc/Kalishnakov style weapons in the game too, so I might use the AK-74M for one of them,

Not sure about the Combat Shotgun either. I am thinking either the IF-88 or the M1014

I'd like to replace the Flamer with something that looks more like an actual flame thrower. But I have not come across any flamer mods.

Re: Hunting Rifle
Khajiit would suggest replacing it with another bolt action rifle, unless you want to change the animations and rate of fire.

Oh, and this one HATES the look of the vanilla "Assault Rifle". Looks more like one of those watercooled static machine guns from WWI. Not sure why they didn't just stick to the R91. That would've been fun to mod!
SubRosa
The thing I hate about the hunting rifle is the bolt action. Otherwise I would not replace it at all. So I went ahead and replaced it with the M14. Ten minutes later I was being attacked by Gunners with M14s. laugh.gif

So far I have done the Combat Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. Maybe tomorrow I will start on the Pipe guns. Those are the ones I dislike the most. Not simply because of their appearance, they are just completely useless. So naturally they are everywhere. I would like to have some decent guns locked away in every safe and crate, instead of those things.

Most of the guns in F4 look really underwhelming to me. I like real world weapons better than fantasy ones. The fantasy ones just tend to look wrong to me. I would rather see M110 Sniper Semi Auto Systems, M16s, M4s, HK 416/17s, AKs, SCARs, etc... It makes the game feel more immersive to me.

Funny thing is, I was looking at The Rebel Alliance's Blastech A280 rifle the other day. I think that is a really cool looking gun. I wish they had done more like that Fallout 4. While it is a 'fantasy' gun, you can clearly see the real world weapon designs integrated into it, like the AR-15 receiver.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 07:52 PM) *

The thing I hate about the hunting rifle is the bolt action. Otherwise I would not replace it at all. So I went ahead and replaced it with the M14. Ten minutes later I was being attacked by Gunners with M14s. laugh.gif

So far I have done the Combat Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. Maybe tomorrow I will start on the Pipe guns. Those are the ones I dislike the most. Not simply because of their appearance, they are just completely useless. So naturally they are everywhere. I would like to have some decent guns locked away in every safe and crate, instead of those things.

Most of the guns in F4 look really underwhelming to me. I like real world weapons better than fantasy ones. The fantasy ones just tend to look wrong to me. I would rather see M110 Sniper Semi Auto Systems, M16s, M4s, HK 416/17s, AKs, SCARs, etc... It makes the game feel more immersive to me.

Funny thing is, I was looking at The Rebel Alliance's Blastech A280 rifle the other day. I think that is a really cool looking gun. I wish they had done more like that Fallout 4. While it is a 'fantasy' gun, you can clearly see the real world weapon designs integrated into it, like the AR-15 receiver.

This is one reason Khajiit likes the SMG, Combat Rifle, and Handmade Rifle. They look like real world weapons (Tommygun, BAR, and AK, respectively.)
SubRosa
I think the Tommygun is great. Who doesn't like a Chicago Piano? laugh.gif The .44 looks great too. But that is because it looks like a .44!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 08:24 PM) *

I think the Tommygun is great. Who doesn't like a Chicago Piano? laugh.gif The .44 looks great too. But that is because it looks like a .44!

Exactly! One thing though: why is the SMG/Thompson so much more under powered when compared to the 10mm with full auto receiver mod? Is the 10mm round more powerful than a .45?
SubRosa
I dunno. I never looked at the stats, but I did notice that the Tommy Gun had low damage. A 10mm round IRL is about a .40 caliber. Since both are pistol rounds, and would reasonably have a similar powder load, I would expect the .45 of the Tommygun to do more damage. Then again, a coworker of mine has fired both 10mm and .45 handguns, and he said the 10mm had a lot more kick to it. Though that does not necessarily mean more kinetic energy on impact.

But all the game mechanics of guns doing less damage because they are automatic, or being harder to hit with when not using iron sights mode, turn me off. Those are things I will probably get around to modding as well. But it has to be done each OMOD record at a time, which is a lot of work.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 09:06 PM) *

I dunno. I never looked at the stats, but I did notice that the Tommy Gun had low damage. A 10mm round IRL is about a .40 caliber. Since both are pistol rounds, and would reasonably have a similar powder load, I would expect the .45 of the Tommygun to do more damage. Then again, a coworker of mine has fired both 10mm and .45 handguns, and he said the 10mm had a lot more kick to it. Though that does not necessarily mean more kinetic energy on impact.

But all the game mechanics of guns doing less damage because they are automatic, or being harder to hit with when not using iron sights mode, turn me off. Those are things I will probably get around to modding as well. But it has to be done each OMOD record at a time, which is a lot of work.

Well, Khajiit doesn't really have a problem with the full autos being less powerful as you should be able to do more dps, but it does seem like the accuracy penalty should've been enough of a balance.
Kane
Are those guns lore friendly, Sub? I don't mean to sound snooty if I do, I just prefer to add lore friendly stuff to my games. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 20 2017, 07:38 AM) *

Are those guns lore friendly, Sub? I don't mean to sound snooty if I do, I just prefer to add lore friendly stuff to my games. smile.gif

Well, Fallout3 had the R91 which was basically a HK-G3 and the Chinese Assault Rifle which was basically an AK. Fallout: New Vegas had a few AR-15 platform rifles and Khajiit believes that Fallout2 (though he never played it) had guns straight up named just like their real world counterparts. With so many real world guns being portrayed throughout the series, this one believes it's safe to presume that any real world gun could potentially fit in with Fallout lore.
Kane
Cool, I never thought to check the prior games for weapons. Thanks my Khajiit friend!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 20 2017, 12:59 PM) *

Cool, I never thought to check the prior games for weapons. Thanks my Khajiit friend!

No prob, Bob!
SubRosa
My first Fallout game was Fallout Tactics, and it had straight up real world guns, like the M2 Browning, Beretta M92, Colt .45, P220 Sig, and so on. The energy weapons were naturally all fictional though.

Fallout 1 predated that, and had a mix, with a generic assault rifle that looked similar to the H&K G3 that we saw in FO3, a Hunting Rifle that looked a lot like an M1 Carbine, and so on. Then there were real guns like a .44 Desert Eagle, a 9mm Mauser, etc... Fallout 2 was also a mix of real and fictional weapons, but with more real ones than fictional.

Even a lot of New Vegas' guns were real, even if they did not use the names. The Anti-Material Rifle is a straight up Hecate II. The 9mm pistol looks a lot like a Browning Hi-Power to me. The .44 Magnum is of course exactly what the name says. Likewise the Western Revolver, Ranger Sequia, Police Pistol, .45 Auto Pistol, and Battle Rifle, Assault Carbine, Service Rifle, Marksman's Carbine, etc... are all copies of real weapons.

So real weapons have been a part of the Fallout series in the past. Bethesda seems more keen to do the fictional ones. I just wish they would do a better job in their art design. As it is, I think the real ones just plain look better and are more believable than their made-up ones. I mean, I cannot imagine anyone carting around that gigantic beast of an assault rifle in F4.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 20 2017, 03:24 PM) *
assault rifle in F4.

Khajiit would seriously like to know what the person who designed that gun was thinking when he was doing so. It's fugly
Kane
I've never once used that gun, just for that reason. It's so damn big and ugly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.