209 Pages V « < 176 177 178 179 180 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
macole
post Sep 29 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #3541

Mouth
Group Icon

If you are using Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, MOO will dynamically add a few hostile NPCs and outposts to explore. In my current game Better Cities even dynamically inserted NPCs.
Be aware though, further south you go the fewer NPCs you will see. If I remember correctly, Southpoint had two NPCs total and I had to break into their houses to see them. Not sure, there may have been one NPC in the dock area.
Haven was a little bit more populated.

See you at the Stairway to Haven (Heaven) Inn.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 29 2020, 06:44 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 29 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #3542

Master
Group Icon

Nah, no overhauls for this game. It's lightly modded - mostly stability fixes, and a couple of environmental mods.

I think it might have been a random Adventurer.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 29 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #3543

Councilor
Group Icon

I like that name, Falorn. Will Falorn be joining Dark Brotherhood? Or not?

5:55 am, Mid-Year 20, 3rd Era Year 435
: Joan of Arkay is in Wendir, hoping another Ayleid Statue can be found here. (shhh...) Her horse got distracted on the way to Leyawiin, and is probably deceased, which is a real bad thing in her Level 10 gameworld.

Here's a fun story. Joan was in Inn of Ill Omen a few days ago. She's calmly sitting there eating when a TROLL rushes into the place. It was chasing the Imperial Forester guy! I have never seen anything like this, but of course trolls can open doors. Forgot about that. Anyway, it was quite a mess for about 20 seconds or so.

QUOTE(macole @ Sep 29 2020, 01:41 PM) *

Be aware though, further south you go the fewer NPCs you will see. If I remember correctly, Southpoint had two NPCs total and I had to break into their houses to see them. Not sure, there may have been one NPC in the dock area.

This is okay. I will fill in those blanks with that mighty tool in my C folder. smile.gif In fact I am looking forward to populating some areas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 30 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #3544

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 29 2020, 06:31 PM) *
I like that name, Falorn. Will Falorn be joining Dark Brotherhood? Or not?

Most definitely! I've heard really good things about the quest line and I'm eager to see it play out.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 30 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #3545

Councilor
Group Icon

No kidding. So you have never done Dark Brotherhood Kane, wow. emot-ninja1.gif I've gotten about halfway through the questline. It gets ... controversial. In fact, I'll never be able to finish DB until I roll the right character. That's how intense i found it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 30 2020, 07:35 PM
Post #3546

Master
Group Icon

I've barely scratched the surface of Oblivion. I had one character that completed the main quest and part of the Mages Guild. Everything else is uncharted waters for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 1 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #3547

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Sep 30 2020, 02:35 PM) *

I've barely scratched the surface of Oblivion. I had one character that completed the main quest and part of the Mages Guild. Everything else is uncharted waters for me.

Gosh. I am almost envious you are seeing it all with fresh eyes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 1 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #3548

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 1 2020, 11:05 AM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Sep 30 2020, 02:35 PM) *

Gosh. I am almost envious you are seeing it all with fresh eyes!
laugh.gif
I wish I could go back and replay Skyrim for the first time again. That was my first entry in the series, and I'll always hold it near and dear. I still had no idea what I was getting into, until I came down the bend from Riverwood, saw Whiterun on the hill. The expanse of the game world left me in awe.

This post has been edited by Kane: Oct 1 2020, 06:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 1 2020, 07:30 PM
Post #3549

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Oct 1 2020, 01:11 PM) *

I wish I could go back and replay Skyrim for the first time again. That was my first entry in the series, and I'll always hold it near and dear. I still had no idea what I was getting into, until I came down the bend from Riverwood, saw Whiterun on the hill. The expanse of the game world left me in awe.

Yup, yup. I know what you mean. smile.gif

It was 2008 for me. I came from a background of almost entirely linear games (mostly JRPGs) when I read about Oblivion. The only 'sandbox' open-world type of game I owned was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Every other title I owned (Crusaders of Might and Magic, Champions of Norrath, Legends of Dragoon, various editions of Final Fantasy, and a couple dozen others) were all linear. They might have some pretty scenery, and maybe even a path which branched off from the main, linear gameplay road. I'd always get tempted to explore this scenery or path a bit further until *Bonk!* nope, can't do that! Stay on the path, silly woman!

So going from that to Oblivion was mind-blowing. I can remember sitting there after getting the game and saying words which I can't type here, over and over and over. That first gameplay session really knocked me over, and I had to call in "sick" the next day. Mostly so I could continue gaming out!

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 1 2020, 07:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 4 2020, 01:34 PM
Post #3550

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 1 2020, 02:30 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Oct 1 2020, 01:11 PM) *

Yup, yup. I know what you mean. smile.gif

It was 2008 for me. I came from a background of almost entirely linear games (mostly JRPGs) when I read about Oblivion. The only 'sandbox' open-world type of game I owned was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Every other title I owned (Crusaders of Might and Magic, Champions of Norrath, Legends of Dragoon, various editions of Final Fantasy, and a couple dozen others) were all linear. They might have some pretty scenery, and maybe even a path which branched off from the main, linear gameplay road. I'd always get tempted to explore this scenery or path a bit further until *Bonk!* nope, can't do that! Stay on the path, silly woman!

So going from that to Oblivion was mind-blowing. I can remember sitting there after getting the game and saying words which I can't type here, over and over and over. That first gameplay session really knocked me over, and I had to call in "sick" the next day. Mostly so I could continue gaming out!

Hehe, that's funny because the most open game I had come from was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I countless hours in that game just going around doing whatever.

I didn't call in sick after starting Skyrim, but when Fallout 4 came out I scheduled two days off work to play non-stop. If we ever get TES IV, I'll probably take a week!
--------------------------
Falorn made it to Cheydinhal and met the family. First contract - a pirate!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 4 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #3551

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today Lothran will head out again into Leyawiin county. This time he will roam the western side of town as the east side has been taken care of. No dungeons, the countryside is too nice biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 9 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #3552

Councilor
Group Icon

Lothran is back from the Isles? Why did he return to the mainland?

QUOTE(Kane @ Oct 4 2020, 08:34 AM) *

I didn't call in sick after starting Skyrim, but when Fallout 4 came out I scheduled two days off work to play non-stop. If we ever get TES IV, I'll probably take a week!
--------------------------
Falorn made it to Cheydinhal and met the family. First contract - a pirate!

That's great. I know why he's going to Cheydinhal. emot-ninja1.gif For nefarious notions, I assume. ph34r.gif

ReneeMemoryMode Activated: I can remember my original Renee Gade character discovered the ... place I assume Falorn was going to. I don't remember if Renee was 'contacted' or not. I don't think she was. Pretty sure she discovered it on accident.

Hehe, that's funny because the most open game I had come from was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I countless hours in that game just going around doing whatever.

ReneeOff-TopicMode Activated: Exactly! That was the idea of GTA for me too. I first saw San Andreas because I had a drug problem in those days (mid 2000s), and my dealer played San Andreas. It blew me away. But I didn't like the thuggy aspect of the game, so i did some reading about the other games of the series and discovered Vice City, which had more of a Miami Vice feel to it. I could do that! I was terrible about doing missions, so instead I'd just drive around, causing havoc. panic.gif Stealing and smashing cars, etc.

The thing about Oblivion though was I could create my OWN character... female or male. 10 different races. Face customization, and on and on... ahem.

Uh oh... I think I hear the Hall Monitor. Better cancel off-topic mode, ha ha.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 9 2020, 04:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 10 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #3553

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 9 2020, 05:16 PM) *

Lothran is back from the Isles? Why did he return to the mainland?

Because the vacation was over. Now it's time to return to the usual routines smile.gif

Lothran is having a nice time in Blackwood and he will soon go to Cheydinhal before preparing for the journey home to Bruma in the Imperial City. No Bruma until end of Novbember though, as usual.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 18 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #3554

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran is now resting at Drunken Dragon Inn after having left Leyawiin early in the morning. A Courier rider and a regular troll are all that's worthy of mentioning. I reckon next stop is Imperial Bridge Inn and then it's on to Cheydinhal.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #3555

Councilor
Group Icon

Today is Lady Saga's real-life birthday. cake.gif I rolled her on October 19, 2011 just before Skyrim was released. The original idea I had with Saga was that she'd explore all the locations none of my others had found in Cyrodiil. I just began gaming with her last week, and last I remember, she is in Skingrad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 19 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #3556

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I would have thought that post was to be made by Lady Saga instead of Renee, but what you gonna do? biggrin.gif

Anyway; happy b-day Saga! Why don't you take a stroll by Cropsford and say hi to Lothie, as he's there right now on his way to Cheydinhal. Getting there he helped the same Courier from before to get rid of a Timber Wolf, a Black Bear, an Imp and a Spriggan. Don't know why but they really seemed to hate reading about Night Mother rituals being on the rise again wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 20 2020, 07:16 AM
Post #3557

Mouth
Group Icon

Happy Birthday Lady Saga, sorry to have missed the party.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 21 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #3558

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran is now in Cheydinhal and as usual his first order of business was to take care of business. Which is to say, selling stuff found on bandits and buying ingredients. He would have recharged his weapons too but he already did that when stopping by Morcant in her cottage on the way to Cheydinhal.

Now after a good night's sleep, Lothran will visit the chapel and continue to enjoy the town smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 22 2020, 08:09 PM
Post #3559

Spam Meister
Group Icon

'Why walk when you can run' has always
been your motto. Now the miles of running
and hours of swimming have paid off. You are
a Master of Athletics. Running never reduces
your rate of fatigue regeneration

Yes indeed; today is a special day! Lothran actually advanced to another Master rank! I can't remember when last that happened but I think it may have been Blunt that time. Today's advancement happened north of Cheydinhal, not far from the goblin mine in that area. And yes; a pic of evidence is present in the pic thread! happy.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Oct 22 2020, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 22 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #3560

Paladin
Group Icon

. . . and how many years did this take? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 176 177 178 179 180 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:38 PM