Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

122 Pages V « < 115 116 117 118 119 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Acadian
post Dec 15 2023, 09:28 PM
Post #2321

Paladin
Group Icon

I hope Benirus Manor’s furnishings didn’t take damage from that unwelcome dual kitty attack! Nice to have a home full of protective ladies – just in case.

Speaking of ladies, I imagine they enjoyed practicing their ‘bend and snap’ for Morvayn. And good that Elenya knows the true value of that red bulb from the SI.

Uh oh, Gweden wants the Jandaga to recruit one of the Golden Girls for their stable. Know they not what they ask?

Hmm, you’d think a rainy day would quite bring out the Maormer.

So, off to the shrine of Sanguine, is it?

The last time (in the 3rd Era) that Buffy visited Sanguine, it was quite a revealing experience. . .

Unfinished Business – Buffy and the Box

Sanguine’s shrine rivaled the surrounding trees in height. The chubby horned elf of gray stone with a tankard in one hand watched over his revelers. Two Bosmer and a Khajiit in various states of dress and sobriety paid little attention as I slipped from Superian’s saddle to the ground.

From my mage satchel I produced a flask of Cyrodiilic brandy, then approached the shrine.

“You look familiar,” slurred one of the Bosmer.

“My name is Buffy and I was here a long time ago.”

Recognition appeared in his eyes. “Ah, yes. Buffet. I remember now. My Lord sent you to Leyawiin to loosen you up.”

“Stand aside, please. My business is with Lord Sanguine.”

He frowned, but did move out of my way. “Looks like my Lord’s goal to loosen you up failed. A shame, as you look like such a tasty little thing.” He lecherously licked his lips then grinned.

I sighed and approached the Prince of Debauchery. After placing the flask at his feet, I addressed the shrine. “Lord Sanguine. I successfully completed the task you asked for in Leyawiin some time ago. I ask that you return the red dress I was wearing when I cast your spell upon the Countess of Leyawiin and her guests.”

From everywhere and nowhere, his sarcastic voice filled the air around me. “The prodigal elf has returned, and successfully so it seems. Did you lose track of time?”

I stifled my bristling anger. “I was delayed, My Lord, by your colleague and his minions at Kvatch.”

“Dagon never would take my advice to lighten up. You could learn from that lesson, my tight-butted little elf.” He laughed cheerfully, blunting some of the sting in his words. “But no matter, for time means little to us immortals. You did a fine job in Leyawiin ‘exposing’ that stuffy countess and her noble friends. I must say it was a stroke of genius how you made an excuse to slip out of the dining hall so no one saw you cast my spell. When you reappeared naked yourself, the guards assumed you were a victim too. I almost spit brandy when one of the oafs chivalrously covered you with his own surcoat! Ah, yes, you provided me quite the pleasant diversion that evening. Well done!”

“I’m pleased the task was completed to your satisfaction, My Lord. The dress? You see I borrowed it from a-“

“Yes, yes, I’m sure you did.” I heard what seemed to be a bored yawn. “You’ll find your dress and whatever else you were wearing in the chest right behind you.”

I turned around in time to see a flat-topped sea chest of dwemer construction grow from a cloud of magic. The gray container radiated a continuous dull blue glow. I saw no latches but, as I passed my hand over the top, the lid slid open. Sure enough, I found Delphine Jend’s burgundy and green silk dress inside – none the worse for wear. I also found myself quite intrigued by the chest itself. I faced the shrine again. “Thank you, My Lord.”

“See?” he said. “No harm and a good time was had by all. In appreciation, I’ll even let you have one of my prized artifacts. Behold! Sanguine’s Rose!”

The conjuration magic this time was right in front of me, where a thorned staff appeared. It was topped by what appeared to be a carved rose in early bloom. I stared at the artifact hovering before me. Another staff? Sheogorath and Vaermina had long ago given me staves as well – which now sat gathering dust in the Arcane University’s Mystic Archives.

“I’m sure you’re bursting to know what it does!” exclaimed Sanguine proudly.

“Actually, I-“

“It briefly conjures a random daedra to help fight your foes!” he interrupted.

Like the one that killed my Savlian, I thought grimly. “Surely you must be reluctant to part with such a magnificent artifact, My Lord. Perhaps a more modest token might serve me just as well and allow you to retain your beautiful Rose?”

“You would dare bargain with a Daedra Lord?” he boomed ominously.

I gulped.

“You must have the stones of a minotaur hidden in those tight little greaves of yours.” His laughter then filled the meadow. “Very well, I’ll hear your proposal.”

I released the breath I just realized I'd been holding.

Emboldened by the fact that I was still an elf instead of an ash pile, I said, “Perhaps Your Lordship would consider keeping his magnificent staff and, instead, gifting this humble elf with the magical chest holding my red dress. . . and one other small favor that I’m sure is insignificant to one as powerful as yourself.”

He replied, “What a shame you are such prudish thing, for I can imagine countless uses for that silver tongue besides clever flattery.” He laughed again. “Ah, yes, the chest. . . ‘tis but one of my tens of thousands of realms. A tiny realm, yes, but notably larger inside than it appears. I’m intrigued. Continue.”

“In addition to the ability of summoning this magical chest, I would ask for the lifting from my spellbook of your magic that rather traumatically removes clothing.”

“I agree with your requests,” he said, “subject to two. . . minor conditions of my own.”

“The first condition?” I asked nervously.

“A simple thing, really. Join me for a friendly little drinking contest. It doesn’t have to be soon. As I’ve said, time is rather meaningless to a Daedric Prince. Shall I call for you in, say, two hundred years or so? Perhaps you will have loosened up some by then.”

I was mystified by his nonsensical request. . . but could see neither harm nor any real chance of it ever happening. “Agreed. And your second condition, My Lord?”

“Not that I’m a perverted voyeur, mind you. . . well, actually I am, but If you cast that Let’s Get Naked spell right here and now for me, I will then remove it from your repertoire of magicks and gift you with a spell to conjure the chest you desire.” He chuckled. “I assure you that I’m referring the blue dwemer box behind you, not the modest contents of your blouse.”

“And I assure you, Lord Sanguine, that Nordic breasts would hinder more than help this small-framed archer and equestrienne.”

“So you do have a sense of humor, after all!" he boomed jovially. "Well, will you humor me and display your wares in exchange for the dwemer box?”

“Agreed, My Lord.”

“Splendid!” The staff in front of me evaporated into a small puff of magic. I looked behind me to see that the magical chest had vanished as well. “We’ll talk about the staff again perhaps during our date in a couple centuries. And you will be able to summon that box as soon as you banish your clothing to it.”

By now, Sanguine’s three revelers were seated on the benches arrayed around the shrine, waiting for the show. I supposed I shouldn’t have expected to come away from negotiating with a Daedra Lord unscathed. Oh well, nothing I hadn’t displayed to countless waterfalls. I lifted my hand and cast Sanguine’s spell. Sure enough, I and the three revelers were instantly and fully exposed.

“Well done!” cried Sanguine. “While I do like to tease, you’ve been a good sport and have quite the fine little figure, my dear.”

The three revelers applauded, stood and opened several bottles of wine. The older Bosmer said, “Seeing as you’re now properly undressed, are you sure you won’t stay for dinner? Our Khajiiti sister here gives the best kitty licks, and you can be the main course!”

I couldn’t help but smile. “I appreciate the offer, but I’m sure I have somewhere else I have to be.”

Pleased to note that Sanguine had indeed replaced his silly spell, I filled my hand with the new magic and cast it. Sure enough, the magical chest appeared, floating slightly above the ground. I retrieved my clothing, dressed and dispelled the chest.

As I approached Superian, I said, “Did you enjoy the show?”

The mare nickered softly.

After mounting Superian, I turned her south.

“Acadian, you really don’t need to tell anyone about all this.”

“Of course not, Buffy,” he replied with a chuckle.

I glanced at the westering sun. “We should easily make Skingrad by nightfall. We’ll get a room at the tavern instead of the guild – I’ve dealt with enough lechery today without Vigge trying to watch me sleep.”

“That new chest seems deceptively large inside,” remarked Acadian. “There should be plenty of room for camping gear and provisions. Even spare waterskins, I should imagine.”

“And all the other things a girl needs. The shoe shoppe opens first thing in the morning.”

Edit: To add some pix from from Buffy's 'Strip the Countess Caper' -
Screenshot1 Screenshot2
And a wonderful piece of artwork created by one of Buffy's friends named AyumiFan: Excellent Wine

This post has been edited by Acadian: Dec 15 2023, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 15 2023, 10:10 PM
Post #2322

Mouth
Group Icon

Beautiful story! biggrin.gif But naughty Acadian - this was between Buffy and Sanguine! mad.gif I hope you're not telling anyone about the goats, giants and hargravens.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2023, 11:19 PM
Post #2323

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Acadian is the spirit of an ancient paladin who travels within Buffy. He knows a lot of stuff that is very helpful like about other worlds, time travel and such. Occasionally he gives Buffy advice. Sometimes she listens. tongue.gif Their spirits are inseparably intertwined so neither is ever alone. . . but having secrets between them is quite literally impossible.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 15 2023, 11:56 PM
Post #2324

Mouth
Group Icon

Does Acadian actually have a body of his own? Or is he a pure spirit, possibly inhabiting Buffy's body?

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 16 2023, 01:43 AM
Post #2325

Paladin
Group Icon

Since their spirits are intertwined, they must share one form. Currently, Buffy’s small elven body hosts their dual spirit. Since it is her body, she calls the shots. Theirs is a neverending story since they have lived many times before in various worlds and times.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 16 2023, 04:40 PM
Post #2326

Councilor
Group Icon

OH no, whaddoya mean we can't distribute our super skooma to the masses? huh.gif Wow, look at the colors in that psychedelic combat scene. There's the Jandaga in robes. And look, he's barefoot! santa.gif That's cool you've got maomer in your gameworld.

Acadian, which Book is this tale from? Or is Buffy and the Box a standalone tale?

Lol he calls her 'Buffet!' laugh.gif Oh gosh. This fellow's flirting with her (leering, actually). His fate shall be doomed, eh?

Interesting that she's dealing with Sanguine, only because last time I had a look at Lena's story she was also talking to that Lord.

“It briefly conjures a random daedra to help fight your foes!” he interrupted.

Like the one that killed my Savlian, I thought grimly

Hmm, hey, that's right! Her love was downed by Daedra, of course. So why is she dealing with Sanguine? Is this a 'rock and a hard place' sort of situation, to get a silly dress back for Delphine?

Eesh, he wants her to get naked. rolleyes.gif There's a Hlaalu quest in Morrowind in which my Dunmer archer was supposed to get naked for the guild master, otherwise he wouldn't promote her or something. She simply refused. Because... ugh. I know it's just a game. But it looks like "Buffet" hasn't got any qualms.

“Seeing as you’re now properly undressed, are you sure you won’t stay for dinner? Our Khajiiti sister here gives the best kitty licks, and you can be the main course!”

Blechh!!! Sorry y'all. Think I"m gonna be sick...

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 16 2023, 04:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 16 2023, 04:45 PM
Post #2327

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, that Bosmer "chief worshipper" is a sneaky type... Lena had a problem with him, actually. The same sort of problem as Buffy here. Turns out, he's got a secret... a dark one, too... ph34r.gif You'll get to that, Renee. But rest assured, that he got what was coming to him. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 16 2023, 05:11 PM
Post #2328

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, Renee. That story is from 'Buffy's Book of Short Stories'. The thread is in our subforum of the fanfic section of chorrol (also linked in my sig). Buffy's not shy about nakedness; she drops her clothes at most waterfalls and swimming holes. tongue.gif Happily, that summonable storage shed has stayed with her as she's traveled through time. Here she is using it in the 2nd Era: Screenshot

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 16 2023, 05:25 PM
Post #2329

Councilor
Group Icon

Heh, yeah I know about the whole waterfall thing. tongue.gif embarrased.gif Also, it's not like I'm a prude, I just didn't expect Buffy to get into the buff. Not for... that!

I have a gal in Fallout 3 who would goosh at the chance to get naked; she's a party girl. wub.gif I had to install a couple sex mods to make her reality feel complete. She would do things in that Sanguine situation which I can't even mention on this forum, believe me!

Really love that shiny chest picture.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 16 2023, 05:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 20 2023, 07:19 AM
Post #2330

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 15 2023, 02:28 PM) *

Hmm, you’d think a rainy day would quite bring out the Maormer.

Errallus, the Maormer should be swimming in the harbor. Unable to find a patch for Integration-Integrated and the BC version I'm using I was curious as to where the Maormer might be. Using console Player.MoveTo command I was taken to a guards' room somewhere inside the castle. Felt like a prison so I think he was arrested for fouling the harbor waters.
Moveto.Player put the Maormer back where he should be. If I have to find him again, I bet he won't be there.

The last time (in the 3rd Era) that Buffy visited Sanguine, it was quite a revealing experience. . .

Very nice. It's been years since I've read a Buffy story. Now you got me hooked again.

Edit: To add some pix from from Buffy's 'Strip the Countess Caper' - Screenshot2

Oh Buffy went to a party and I wonder why did everyone else leave.
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 16 2023, 10:11 AM) *

… Happily, that summonable storage shed has stayed with her as she's traveled through time. Here she is using it in the 2nd Era: Screenshot

Nice! I wish the Midas Magic Chest would perform like that.

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 16 2023, 10:25 AM) *

I have a gal in Fallout 3 who would goosh at the chance to get naked; she's a party girl. wub.gif I had to install a couple sex mods to make her reality feel complete. She would do things in that Sanguine situation which I can't even mention on this forum, believe me!

I believe, I believe.

Really love that shiny chest picture.

When you mentioned the shiny chest picture I got confused as to which one you meant.
'Strip the Countess Caper' - Screenshot2 or the 2nd era 'summonable storage shed' screenshot.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 2 2024, 09:43 AM
Post #2331

Mouth
Group Icon

202402 OOO, Bear Season, Up the Ethe River, PTArtifacts

Well, I'm so tired of tryin' but I'm out on the road again
I'm on the road again
I'm on the road again
I got too many woman to call one a special friend

You know the first time I traveled out in the rain and snow
In the rain and snow
In the rain and snow
I didn't have no payroll, not even no place to go

It was a beautiful morning when we left Benirus Manor. The sky was clear, Magnus was shining warmly, enriching the soul, and most welcome of all, the road was dry. With a song in our hearts, we marched north on the road toward Kvatch. Well actually my Ladies didn’t march. Oh no, they danced circles around me like fairies in the glen. Even Kaleah joined in the dance, her velvety soft wings lifting her up in the air every few steps or so. It was that kind of day.

It was shortly before Gottshaw Inn, just after passing the Order of the Hour Headquarters when we turned off the road and headed north. Kvatch could be seen high up on its hill as we neared the border of the Gold Coast region. There we spotted an encampment of three of four Rangers.

Having had issues with hostile Valenwood rangers in the area surrounding Anvil we approached with caution. The Sylvan Rangers (OOO faction) turned out to be quite friendly. They offered food, drink, and a spare tent for the night. Tired and hungry, we took them up on the offer.

We learn from the Bosmer that they are part of an expedition force from Valenwood sent to stop the wayward Eregor. Eregor and his corrupt followers are searching for artifacts of power. They intend to use Graithlan's armor and jewelry to bind himself to the plane of the dead.

By my Goddess, it’s another evil necromancy plot. If we want to help the Sylvan Rangers, Eregor's forces are concentrated in the rims of the coast and its flanking rivers. Clues can be found in the Ayleid ruins of Barastas and Dostares.

Leaving the Sylvan Camp the next morning, our hike continued eastward through the West Weald. For the longest time Kvatch stood visible on our right as we traversed the boulder strewn land of the West Weald. Aside from the aggressive wolves, imps, spiders, and the constant harassment by true Ayleid cultist it would have been a pleasant walk in the park.

A farmhouse came into view. Thinking we’d stop to ask if we could fill our water skins from the well, we approached the farmhouse. Nearing the house we saw the farmer was caught in a desperate fight with a white faced black bear. My Ladies rushed to aid the overmatched farmer, killing the bear.

The farmer, Thorley Aethelred told us of his troubles with West Weald Bears killing his sheep. He offered a reward if we would kill enough bears to drive them away from the area. Killing six should do it, he thought. Kaleah, Elenya, and Pym rushed off without a word. In half a day we killed seven of the beasts. True to his word, Thorley rewarded us for our effort with a book to read.

The beautiful weather held as we continued our trek eastward. Near Meridia’s Shrine we arrived at the banks of the River Ethe (UL). Crossing the river we found a trail that ran north and south. Here we turned north in the hopes the trail would take us at least close to the shrine.

The trail wound its way north along the River Ethe, up into the foothills of the tall mountains that shielded Cyrodiil from the barbarous lands of Skyrim. The trail crossed the small swift running Ethe several times as it zigzagged its way north. Some sections of the trail were so steep that steps were cut into the rocky hillside to aid in the climb.

We had barely begun climbing the trail north, when we passed a shipwreck. Amazing how a ship this size managed to sail up this shallow, waterfall choked river.

It was dark and raining by the time we reached one of the most scenic spots on the Ethe. As inviting the area around the impressive waterfalls and bridge was the rain kept us from camping here. Spotting a tower nearby, we pressed on.

The tower turned out to be a long-abandoned MOO Watchtower. (I still don’t know what to make of the MOO towers. Were they intended to be an interconnected travel system that was never implemented?) Even with the pouring rain the tower reeked of goblin so badly that we’d rather walk all night in the rain than spend an hour in that tower.

We passed by the Jone Stone as we continued on the trail northward. Touching the stone, I receive a puzzling message “You have been shown fate’s fortunes.”

When the marble walls of Elenglynn came into view, the question of stopping was raised again. According to our map the shrine is just west of here. Only problem is that the western bank is a steep and the rain has made footing treacherous. Plus, being overly tired, clouds one’s thinking and that leads to errors in judgment.

Errors in judgment, like thinking the dangers of Elenglynn are trivial when compared to hours of bumbling around in the dark trying to find a way around a mountain. Ooh wee oh, were we wrong in that one.

A long narrow staircase leading down into the depths of Elenglynn greeted us when we opened Elenglynn’s gate. Halfway down the staircase we realized that we weren’t the only ones seeking shelter in Elenglynn, when the wanted criminal, Fuj (MOO Wanted Faction) attacked us without warning.

After dealing with the Redguard and taking her +50 health enhanced garment as proof of her demise we continued along the narrow corridor. If nothing else we were warned and were now wary of the dangers of Elenglynn.

After navigating through the entry corridor’s swinging blade trap we stopped at the entrance of Elenglynn’s main room. The room was filled with water limiting access to a gated area on the far side to a single central walkway. The walkway bridge was rigged with a sweeping Spiked Barrier trap. We’ve seen these before and we know how to get past the trap.

Behind an iron gate on the far side of the walkway, several figures could be seen pacing back and forth. Wary of the Dark Welkynd Stones positioned on pedestals in the water we cautiously advanced out onto the bridge. Suddenly one dark figure, a ghoul from what we could tell, charged across the walkway.

The ghoul was easy to take care of but most importantly a group of hostile necromancers stationed on the far end of the walkway was revealed. A few fireballs took care of that problem. (I once had a mod that placed innocent captives to rescue in dungeons like this which prevented this tactic.)

Mindful of the Dark Welkynd Stones we raced across the walkway, avoiding the sweeping spiked barrier in the usual manner, to open the gate and engaged what was left of the necromancers.

Led by the MOO necromancer, Herulia Urgusiso, the weakened necromancers’ only hope was to keep us within range of the dark welkynds. Their plan didn’t work. We easily cut our way through to a back room well out of range of the Dark Welkynd Stones.

No longer threatened by necromancers we investigated the two rooms at the far end of Elenglynn. The first room, a necromancer lab, was free of traps and held several chests filled with treasure. There was even a bed to we could sleep on, if desired.

The second room was considerably more dangerous. A column holding an inactive Dark Welkynd Stone stood in each corner of the second room. A fifth column holding a small Ayleid chest stood in the center of the room. A body lay on the floor just beyond the central column.

When after waiting a few seconds and the dark crystals did not begin charging up, I started to walk into the room. There was no reaction from the Dark Welkynd Stones to my first couple of steps into the room. Well you know what they say about, assume.

Unexpectedly, Kaleah grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“Stop!” Kaleah shouted. “My Feache, it’s a baited trap. Any closer to the center column and the Dark Welkynd Stones will activate.”

As we were backing out of the room I noticed something shinning in a dark alcove on the left. By hugging the walls of the room we stayed on the outer edge of the Dark Welkynd Stone perimeter we avoided activating the trap and safely reached a crystal globe.

“Beautiful, but what is this thing?” I asked in wonderment. “Look, see how the insides move. Three silver bands revolve around a spinning glowing ball of many colors. What does it do?”

We studied it for a moment. Finally, Kaleah stood and said, ”It’s a Phitt Artifact, the Sphere of Life.”

“Yes,” Elenya agreed, “It repels undead, including vampires. It’s the balance to the Sphere of Hate that sits now in your trophy room of Benirus Manor.”

Edging around the room in the same fashion we safely made it to the back of the room where we were able to loot the necromancer’s corpse. All that was left now was to get out of the room using the same method we used coming in.

But, there was just one itty bitty thing, the Ayleid chest sitting on the center column. Its seductive silence called to us like sirens in the forbidden oceans, luring sailors to their doom with their sweet songs.

I may have been curious to see what was inside the chest but I was far from being an ensorcelled noob. Using a flawless opal and a flawless topaz, I cast the OOO geomantic spells Greater Shielding and Greater Warding. Just for good measure I added Greater Fortify Health spell. Then working as fast as we could; we ran to the Ayleid chest, opened it, everyone grabbed something cleaning it out, and raced to get out of the room.

As fast as we were, we weren’t fast enough. Just as I was opening the gate to get out, all four dark welkynds hit me, draining 75% of my health. The force of the dark welkynds blast knocked me flat on my face.

Weak and barely able stand, I staggered as I tried to run out of the room before the dark crystal recharged. Quickly, Kaleah and Elenya grabbed me by the arms and half dragged me out of the dark welkynd room and around the corner to the safety of the necromancer lab. Gently laying me on the only cot in the room they insisted that I lay there quietly until I was fully recovered.

Oh, I guess I could have cast healing spells and been able to travel within minutes but… um, I rather liked being pampered by the devoted Ladies. Comforted by their gentle touches, I quickly fell asleep.

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 3 2024, 08:04 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 2 2024, 06:16 PM
Post #2332

Councilor
Group Icon

Gottshaw Inn to Kvatch. That's exactly where my Renee Gade III just trekked, in her Fourth Era world. Wait, I see. They're heading to Anvil. RG3 was just there, too. 🌴

Gosh, aren't the Field Hippies freezing in that pic? laugh.gif

Ha ha, all this complicated magical stuff going on, looking for Ancient Ayleid Steps for instance, and yet they still get persuaded into pwning some bears. 🐻

YES, pretty sure my elf from Valenwood (who does more off-track wandering than the others) also came across a MOO tower, somewhere deep in the swamp of Blackwood. And I also recall there wasn't much point to the place. Nothing really to do there. Still, abandoned locations and camps and such do add to the world, for sure.

Whoa, he can use gems to create spell effects? bluewizardsmile.gif Rad. Yeah Dark Welkynd stones can be deadly. Because you don't even know where they are, until one of them fires right at you. Detect Life doesn't detect them, for instance. Because duh, they're not living.

No song lyrics today! Maybe next time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 2 2024, 09:37 PM
Post #2333

Paladin
Group Icon

That 'kill six bears' quest sounds somehow familiar though the memory is rather obscured by time.

Some beautiful waterfalls added by the Ethe River.

Darn rain! Into quite a dangerous tomb. Seems like there was some good loot to be had though. Nice to have friends to pull you out of the dark welkynd stones when you get knocked on your face.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 2 2024, 10:54 PM
Post #2334

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 2 2024, 03:37 PM) *

That 'kill six bears' quest sounds somehow familiar though the memory is rather obscured by time.

Turns out to be in the vanilla game. How did they still have that one to do?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 2 2024, 11:27 PM
Post #2335

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 2 2024, 09:54 PM) *

Never ventured that way, I guess. Wonder if they ever found the giant nirnroot? It's vanilla game as well. sleep.gif

Oh, I guess I could have cast healing spells and been able to travel within minutes but… um, I rather liked being pampered by the devoted Ladies. Comforted by their gentle touches, I quickly fell asleep.

That's a different kind of magic. smile.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 2 2024, 11:45 PM
Post #2336

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 2 2024, 04:54 PM) *

Answer: probably distracted by mod quests! ... That, and maybe the Jandaga had never ventured into that territory.

Acadian: how did Buffy handle the bears? Or did she?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2024, 01:06 AM
Post #2337

Paladin
Group Icon

Been too long to accurately recall. I know Buffy thoroughly though and I'm sure she took out six bears. She doesn't like to kill forest critters but that's better than letting them eat farmers.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 3 2024, 08:01 AM
Post #2338

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 2 2024, 03:54 PM) *

I will try to explain.
The short version; I purposely avoid vanilla quests that I’ve completed in one play through or another. I've started many games, but I play a consistent character.
This play through started in 2017, was to work through a core group of nine mods that I have always added primarily for their esthetics.
As hard as nine quests would be to do, I couldn’t help myself but to add 9 more.

... and yes, I did find the giant nirn root but not this time around, yet. Side note, I to see the nirn root plant in the wild so leave the plants be.

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 2 2024, 11:16 AM) *

No song lyrics today! Maybe next time.

Just for you.

I'm on the road again
I'm on the road again
I got too many woman to call one a special friend

[Verse 2]
In the rain and snow
In the rain and snow
I didn't have no payroll, not even no place to go

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2024, 04:16 PM
Post #2339

Councilor
Group Icon

Damn! I didn't consider that you'd done vanilla quests with some other character. I do the same damn thing! "Oh, Balbus wants Lady Saga to go looking for some potato bread. But Dyan already did that quest! bigsmile.gif

No idea on the song. Was about to guess Waylon Jennings, or whoever did On the Road Again. Willie Nelson (I was close). But that's not Waylon or Willie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 4 2024, 06:38 PM
Post #2340

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 4 2024, 09:16 AM) *

Damn! I didn't consider that you'd done vanilla quests with some other character. I do the same damn thing! "Oh, Balbus wants Lady Saga to go looking for some potato bread. But Dyan already did that quest! bigsmile.gif

smile.gif Been playing this game off and on since 2007. Potato bread, yum. Who knows, we might stumble into that one someday.

No idea on the song. Was about to guess Waylon Jennings, or whoever did On the Road Again. Willie Nelson (I was close). But that's not Waylon or Willie.

Canned Heat - 1968. The 1969 Woodstock performance was over 10-minutes long. The solos just seemed to go on forever. Had to be there. I was 19 just out of high school, too much to remember. whistling.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmNwnSnvo1Y

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 4 2024, 06:43 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

122 Pages V « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 12:48 AM