Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

54 Pages V « < 52 53 54  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Acadian
post Sep 3 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #1061

Paladin
Group Icon

Sarah's new 'Rainshine' amulet seems just the thing! Oh my, what sort of surprise do we have in the Count's castle? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot for September: Shoot straight and ride a fast horse.
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 10 2017, 01:26 AM
Post #1062

Master
Group Icon

It is a cliffhanger, yes. And it will be quite the surprise. Even I was shocked, because it wasn't 'revealed' to me until the moment she walked into that room.

But for now, we have to see what my Redguard thief is up to. I'm hoping he can find this "Old Way" whatever it is. Last I saw him though he was struggling. He's Level 13 on Xbox (no playing with the way the world levels) meaning that those goblins he encountered were ridiculously OP. mad.gif And he's not really a melee character; he's more about stealth. Despite this, those monsters noticed him easily as he snuck into their smelly lair.

He's doing the right thing though. I get the sense he's about to visit Shady Sam for any possible potions & poisons the guy might have. He'll also be visiting the I.C.'s two alchemy shops "after hours," though if he can't find enough potions freestanding on shelves, he'll also make a legitimate stop into these shops so he can stock up and prepare. Good job, Redguard.

Turdas, late afternoon, Mid-Year 27, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 305

"Don't be the last to read today's Black Horse Courier!" cries a BHC crier.

"Well hopefully I won't be," Kahreem says, hoping to read something about his latest thefts. He'd managed to break into three of the Market Districts four weapon shops the night before, and stole a significant amount of gear from two of them. He hopes to read about himself, and chuckle. But if this story had become news at all, it was easily getting trumped by some other, greater news.

"Here's a copy of the Black Horse Courier," the crier says, handing Kahreem a copy. "Identity of the Gray Fox revealed."

Kahreem is stunned. Gray Fox's identity has been revealed? How can this be? ... The Redguard is glad at that moment that he's got a helmet on, one which hides most of his face. There's a guard standing nearby; Kahreem doesn't want any sort of mischief to be showing. As he reads BHC's latest leaflet, he is flabbergasted.

The Black Horse Courier

GRAY FOX REVEALED

Vlanarus Kvinchal recently admitted to being the notorious thief, the Gray Fox. Under questioning by the Imperial Watch, he also confessed to being the reincarnation of Tiber Septim, the love-child of Lord Stendarr, a were-shark, and the mother of Hironymus Lex.

"Oh," he mutters, breathing a sigh. "Horse crappe, this is. Well, that would be disastrous, if all this time I've been asking the Fox to take his mask off, and he turned out to be some elf father of mine named Vlanarus."

Only after he spent a night in the Imperial prisons was it discovered that Vlanarus had recently consumed a near-lethal dose of skooma.

Vlanarus is now back home and recuperating from the hospitality of the Imperial Watch, and from the close attention he received during his interrogation. He speculates that he might be able to work again in a month or two, so long as it doesn't involve walking or lifting anything heavier than a beer mug. The sometimes-dockdworker has sworn a solemn oath never to trifle with skooma again, and earnestly warns everyone to stay away from the Orum gang.

Kahreem loses interest in the article from that point on. Tosses it upon the ground, walking away. Some news. There is an ordinance against littering in the Imperial City, yet the nearby guard who watches him do so, does not bother to enforce this rule.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

"I'm through talking to you!"

Kahreem's first stop is The Main Ingredient. The Breton who runs the place doesn't sell any potions, nor does he have any displayed on his shelves. Breaking into The Main Ingredient will therefore be a waste of time later on. He buys a single bunch of grapes from the man. That is all.

Next, he goes to visit one of his favorite people in the entire Imperial City, Rohssan, proprietor of A Fighting Chance. Kahreem has his dwarven mace firmed up, for better durability and damage. This takes an hour of his time.

His final stop (before visiting Shady Sam) is The Gilded Carafe, but by the time he reaches this shop it is closed. He feels four tumblers within its lock, before a guard walks up to ask him "What is it?" and then even calls Kahreem 'citizen.' Kahreem smiles. Maybe this is how to get respect from those guards he thinks. Man can't tell who I am with this armor on!

Roughly two minutes later, he picks the lock to Gilded Carafe. He's been in here before, and knows the lady who owns this shop keeps lots of potions on display, in hopes of better sales. Tonight it is no different. He walks out of the place with two Cyrodilic Brandies, two poisons, several weak potions (six of which are health-oriented), and several other phials of brew he may, or may not even use. But he takes them anyway, just in case.

Oh, and one apple. He steals one apple. *crunch crunch crunch*

The big, grey blanket over the city begins to lightly rain as he approaches Shady Sam. And this is the only merchant he spends some serious money to: roughly 500 gold. Kahreem still has just under 2,000. He walks from Sam carrying mostly poisons. There doesn't seem enough to deal with all the goblins he'd encountered, though.

As he walks away from Sam, Kahreem gets a hunch. "Those sewers, just across from the white ruins I saw when I got out of prison the first time." He decides to go back to where it all started. He seems to remember there was a door or two which could not be opened, nor had any sort of pickable lock. "Could one of these doors be the Old Way?" he asks Brielus Gawey, the Imperial stablehand just south of Sam.

"I'm Brielus Gawey," answers the stableahand. "And no we don't sell horses. But we do eat well. And the stables are owned by an orc. And you know... orcs and horses."

"Hmm. That's too bad," the Redguard answers. "I was wanting to buy one of your horses. Look at all this gold too. You can see I mean business. Are you sure you don't want to sell me one of these horses?"

"Go bother someone else."

"How about I just borrow one then? Is that okay?"

"You treacherous little filcher, HOW DARE you steal from me?!"

"I'm not stealing though. I offered you money."

Brielus doesn't see it that way though. Kahreem initially accelerates to years' end as he rides away, but then slows as he hears a guard clanking up behind him. "Fokke, might as well get in front of this thing." He slows the chestnut to a walk. Oddly, the guard also slows to a walk. The guard and the horse both walk for several minutes. Kahreem wanting the confrontation to be over, and the guard for some reason not executing the arrest immediately.

"Grrrr... growwwl growl..."

Pretty soon, the guard gets distracted by a wolf, and that's when Kahreem gallops away at full speed, hoping to remember where that fokkinge sewer exit was.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

late night, location: Imperial Sewers
Kahreem walks in, boldly clanking his way into goblin territory, without bothering to sneak. He boldly carries a torch. No more bumbling around in darkness.

"rrirr rroww!"

The first goblin he encounters is downed pretty fast. Four blows, and the one with green skin is destroyed. This is good news, and Kahreem's confidence grows. His memory is fastidious; there are two gated doors down here. Unfortunately neither of them can be unlocked.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 10 2017, 07:52 PM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 10 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #1063

Ancient
Group Icon

Kahreem is making progress! Until he finds a door which can't be picked, that is tongue.gif

And yes; an apple. He did take an apple. Good for him! cool.gif

--------------------
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Question everything
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 10 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #1064

Master
Group Icon

Looks like even guards are no longer that eager to arrest Kahreem as they used to be. laugh.gif

Years ago when doing this quest, I remembered that finding the Old Way was one my favorite parts because IIRC there are no clues whatsoever as where to find it so you actually have to thoroughly search the sewers to find it.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 10 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #1065

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay, looks like getting his dwarven mace Rohsannified has helped Kahreem's combat survivability! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 16 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #1066

Master
Group Icon

I apologize it's taking so long to get Kahreem's story done, but thanks for comments. smile.gif Like I told Lopov privately though, I don't want to write any more of his story until I make some sort of headway. I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time. sad.gif I'll need to do a lot of exploring in those sewers, and I promise I'll write again once he gets to the Old Way area.

For now, here's a rare Lady Saga update. It's a Saga weekend over here, and it's always fun to wander around with her. I made a cool new mod for her game, one which allows her to rent her own home, with an option to buy at any time. I had to study how Bethesda makes rooms rentable per-day (which is way more complex than what I wound up writing, Beth has to always make stuff complex because they're trying to cover all possible ways a gamer can approach things). Unlike Beth, I merely used a timer script to extend this daily rental into an entire month! And here is the story of how it all happened.

IPB Image

Morndas, Sun's Dusk 12, Year 1, 4th Era

It had been several days, and then weeks, and then months, before she had felt that familiar pain. A sadness. As though the world of Mundus held so much more than she could fathom, but which she would never grasp; not as a mortal being, anyway. Why had she come back here? Why had she left her native Valenwood once again, to return to the stiffly-defined confines of Cyrodiil? Had it been for money? No, certainly not. It had been for the adventure. Yes, definitely. She'd gone through all of this before in her mind. She'd wanted to see Cyrodiil, now that the Oblivion Crisis was over. Just because.

The Oblivion Crisis was over, and the main man who'd finished it (a Breton known vaguely as "The Grey Wizard") was reportedly living a comfortable life in the Arcane University. Saga had gotten immensely curious about the state of the land after this event. She'd wondered if Cyrodiil's wilds would be any safer to traverse and explore. Maybe now she'd even find a companion or two to travel with. Her former partner, Erthor, had deserted Saga in Valenwood, months before. Would it be possible to return to Cyrodiil, and maybe find some others who'd also be interested, especially now that the daedra had been rid?

The answer was "yes." Aerin had found several to travel with, from a contract-for-hire Bosmer by the name of Maglir, to an associate from the Mage's Guild who'd refused to tell Saga her name. There were also multiple random Imperial wilderness patrols. And if given the choice, she'd choose these latter Imperials. Maglir was temperamental. Demanded money every few days, which Saga could afford, but Maglir had gotten unruly a couple times, against random, law-abiding citizens. And getting unruly with citizens was not part of Saga's ethical code. Maglir also demanded too much indoor-time, and his heavy armor suit was noisy. The Imperial woodsmen, on the other hand, were better suited to staying outdoors, watching Aerin's horse. It was basically their job to protect and serve, but in wilderness, rather than in some town.

And yes, the land was safer. She had spent several months confirming this. The lack of daedra had seemed to calm a lot of ordinary creatures, as well. Bears, rats, and wolves rarely attacked, for instance. * But now, here in Leyawiin, Saga had arrived, and decided that this walled town was her very favorite of all, now that its population had increased. She had always liked Blackwood's warm climate. The people of Leyawiin included plenty of beasts mixed in with the humans and elves. Perfect. Its Mages Guild focused upon Mysticism, a school Saga preferred. She'd cashed in several of the valuables she'd found over the past few days, and bought a new spell, one which would allow her to detect life for even greater periods of time.

But then, it had all come crashing down. Her sadness returned. She was missing home. But not ready to go back, yet.

Her meandering malaise had gotten interrupted though. After leaving Three Sisters' Inn she'd gotten attacked, right in the middle of town! ** ... A man wearing black and red had come rushing up behind her, and zapped her with a lightning bolt! *pkkkshh!* ... It had happened so fast. A second later, he did it again ... *ploosssh!* And the wood elf from Valenwood was completely unprepared. She hadn't her bow, nor any sort of weapon at all. And nobody else seemed to be reacting!

She could summon a wolf, or several rats at once, but summoning creatures in the middle of society sometimes did not go well. It always seemed as though at least one citizen would try to get in the middle of things, and then mistakenly get attacked. Saga had no choice but to flee. Dashed across the plaza, while her pursuer kept up with his spellcasting! ZAP! Luckily, as Saga rounded a corner, she heard several others had finally reacted. Bows and swords being drawn. The guard was now handling it. Within seconds, her attacker was dead on the ground. She rushed over, to have a look at him.

She cautiously looted his body, just to see who this man might be. Had he just decided to attack her at random? She had no idea. Maybe he'd been contracted to kill her specifically. There was no way to know without knowing who he was, of course.

It was illegal to loot a citizen in this new 4th Era'd Cyrodiil, but this law did not apply to foes. She checked his pockets, and had taken a key, but it was impossible to identify this man from his belongings. One of the guards told her the man's name was Cingor, though. Several hours later, Saga decided to see if Cingor had a home, here in Leyawiin. Turns out, he did!

She found it, walked into his house, a single-floored ranch-styled dwelling. Sat down and had some of Cingor's food, because why not? The fool had tried to kill her, right in the middle of town. And halfway through carving out one of his pumpkins, she decided she really liked the place. But squatting? That was also illegal, now that the Imperials had enforced a slew of new laws. Would it be possible for her to purchase this place though, legitimately? ... She decided to head over to the castle, to suss this out.

"Greetings Bosmer," said Countess Alessia Caro. "How may you address this court?"

"Appropriations, milady. My name is Aerin. I hail from Valenwood. I was of wonderment about one lot upon the town premises, recently vacated by a citizen who'd appeared to have been one of Dagon's minions."

"Well I don't know anything about it," Caro replied, slightly perturbed. "Nor are such things any of my concern. You'll have to speak to my husband, who's sitting right next to me."

Saga did so. And Marius was also clueless about any recently-vacated home, which had formerly been owned by a Mythic Dawn agent. Saga stood surprised. She'd figured this news would be all over town by now.

"Can you verify this from one of the town guards?" Marius asked, glowering, as though he'd anything else to do but enjoy his castle's soothing music. "They'll be able to sign up a writ, explaining any circumstances untoward. Once you've got this writ signed, you can then come back to me."

Within an hour, Saga had gotten it all done. Turns out, it could be purchased, but it could also be rented by-the-month. In between getting the writ signed and returning to Marius, she'd stopped by Cingor's home, to find its lock had already been changed! The key she'd looted from the man's corpse was already useless.

But this was no matter. Its purchase price was 2000 gold, which Saga could eventually afford. But did she really want to own a piece of property? Did she really want to do this? She had never owned anything so grand in her life, other than her horse and her bows.

"I would like to make sussing of rental arrangements, then."

Its rental price she could easily afford. 300 gold a month. Caro's 'rental agent' promised that the ranch's door would be magically unlocked for the next 30 days, after which it would be sealed up again, until she returned and made a repayment. All of which turned out to be true. Saga left the court beaming. Found Cingor's hosue again, approached its door, opened it, and found that most of Cingor's belongings (including wall hangings, shelves, and furniture) had already been removed. But this was okay with Lady Saga, Aerin of Valenwood. She was a minimalist, when it came to living arrangements. She was the sort who had no problem sleeping under a bough of trees, and during a full torrential rainstorm, at that.

Though her sadness did return later on after she'd laid down to rest, it did so without its former persistence. Lady Saga had found her new home.

-------------------

Fatal blow on Cingor (... I really wanted a better action shot than this! Oh well. Kinda hard because it all happened so fast).

Saga finds Cingor's home

And visits the court

Eventually gets what she wants

Her depression is alleviated by grand Cyrodiilic Slumber

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 16 2017, 07:43 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 17 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #1067

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats to Aerin! I'm glad she is liking the Leyawiin area.

'She had never owned anything so grand in her life, other than her horse and her bows.' - - Spoken like a true Bosmer! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 21 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #1068

Master
Group Icon

What a great way to get a home of her own!

Hey who put that watermelon outside Cingor's house...Kahreem of Weet? mellow.gif

Looks like even Saga can talk too much, judging by the Count's reaction. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

54 Pages V « < 52 53 54
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 03:34 PM