Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human II - Playground 11
jack cloudy
post May 25 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

Green-Root ran along, getting increasingly further behind the others with each step.
,,Damn that evil goldskin. I can't run anymore." He cursed under his breath and then slapped himself for his foolishness. He was running next to a streaming river, and hadn't noticed. Without delay, he jumped in and instantly shot forward, easily catching up despite swimming upstream.

Flint Ironwood.

,,Ok, so now that we've broken the dam, what do we do?" Flint asked as they ran. He felt a few stings in his side and noted to himself that he was going to run out of breath soon.
,,Man, I'm old."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 25 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I assume that 'Marco's lair is somewhere in Blackwood.

Ian

Ignoring the necromancers and their wretched projects, the vampire kept moving toward the enterance to the surface.

The sudden light blinded him for a few minutes before he resumed. An hour and another "dry" deer later, Ian finally replied to the mysterious voice.

"So, ignoring the fact that you have never given me a straight answer, what interests you so much about my allies." He caught a familiar scent in the wind and then others as well.

"I would like to know so no unsavory situation insues that creates confusion between you, myself, or my companions."

Karn

He gave a sideways glance at the Altmeri healer tending to Patholos before catching himself and returning his attention to more pressing matters.

Across the lake was the Imperial City. The scouts he'd sent informed him of the Morrowind army within.
"Well, at least it's not just us and a motley gang of adventurers." He muttured.

Around him the Narza'Tai were constructing small rafts to for archers to fire from on the water.

The plan was to use these rafts to keep boats from crossing to the city.
The rest would be fighting either on the City Isle or on the mainaland.

Karn hoped this stratagy would be more ideal for his subordinates than the previous offensive.

He turned again to Patholos, not the comely healer.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 26 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Minque. Amrita could've been basically brainwashed by Salina to think that Brianna abandoned her. Plus the fact that Salina managed to steal Amrita and no real effort was made to retrieve her could make her feel like she was basically abandoned.

Amrita

Amrita grinned at Sadril's comments. Despite his jesting tone, Amrita had a feeling that the vampire was serious. At least it was good to know that she wasn't going to be used in a way she didn't like.

"Well I guess that makes it more a challenge then," she shot back, a sly grin on her face, "I do enjoy a challenge when I hear one."

While she didn't want to actually kill this Veric at the moment. There was always the possibility that she might have to. And just like anybody, there was always some sort a weakness to them. Amrita intended to find out what that was. Just in case she needed.

"Ahh, so you specialize with the shadows too. Care to tell me more about it?" she asked, honestly interested.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post May 27 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Sadril
"As do I," he repllied to Amrita's note on challenges with a sly, suggestive tone.

"I am quite old. Centuries, though you wouldn't know it," Sadril said with a grin, proud of his unaging features. "I can't remember when or how I acquired it, nor do I know how or why I can do it, but I can almost speak to shadows..."

They exited the town of Soluthis and walked along the perimiter of it, though Sadril had no intention of walking back to Veric. "I concentrate on something I want or need, and shadow acts as my eye. Sometimes I think I'm crazy, but it lead me to you. I can also blend in with a shadow, become one with it almost, but I cannot become one, nor move from shadow to shadow as I understand you can."

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 27 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

One of your companions has something that belongs to me. If you swear secrecy in this, I'll slowly answer your questions as you help us both by getting me out of your head.

Mannimarco

Mannimarco located the Dunmer among the foliage. "Listen here you brat! You live your life without fear of death, masqueraiding among the weak like some kind of condescending saviour! Have you any idea of the horror that spills from your finger tips? That mark hasn't shown its face in ages, and it wields more power than you or I could imagine. I need you alive, that is why I hesistate to try and kill you. Your blood along with the blood of your siblings is needed to unlock Reman Cyrodil's secrets. Dunmer, you need to put aside this pesky squabbling you have with those you find evil." Mannimarco approached Rann, and he dropped his staff on the ground. He walked right up to him and stared Rann in the eyes. "Kill me.....and you kill Kirana, let me live, and thousands will die.......Make your choice." Mannimarco didn't know whether he could unlock the secrets of the skull, but he did not want the Dunmer to know that. And there was something else. Some dark force using a group as a mask. He was somewhere near the snakemen....

Rann

Rann was a bit confused, but didn't show it. "Fine," he said, "I'll go peacefully if you do."

He didn't really want to let Mannimarco go, mainly because those thousands of people would die. But there was also something else. Rann knew that he would end up on the opposite side of Mannimarco again in the future, and eventually both he and Kirana would have to accept it.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 27 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Ian, on the move with a stowaway

With the voice's information, he quickened to his full speed, nearly unnoticed to unwary eyes.

While the new information held promise, Ian decided to hold the question as to what this belonging was, or its importance.

Issac

The first sensation that hit him was his every limb throbbing from being frozen abruptly and thawing at an equal rate.

Issac groaned, which also was uncomfortable. It took him several moments of blinking to recognize his surroundings.

Rather than ask the first question , or rather the stream of questions, he held his tongue and focused first on dealing with the sick feeling in his stomach and the nausia.

"So," he managed from being draped upside-down and being swung back and forth as Kirana walked. "Where are Rann and Soldin?"

OCC: Ian shall be along shortly for the rescue party (how many of those have we had in this story? Jk.)

PS: Patholos may regain consciousness anytime now. How many unconscious people have we had?
+Quote Post
minque
post May 27 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #27

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

Satyana tried to help Issac, she noticed he didn´t feel all that good so she gave him a strange-looking plant to chew on...

"Come on Issac, try this, just chew it and you´ll feel better" She did not want to talk about what happened to Soldin...it hurt too much.

Must focus on the current...have to avoid looking back.....Oh Soldin, your blood is on my hands

A few tears ran down her cheeks and she turned away from Issac, not wanting him to notice...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 27 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Issac

The herb tasted awful, but he continued chewing regardless of the outlandish taste.

Issac could have sworn he saw something glimmer on Satyana's face before she abruptly turned away.

His question died in his throat, as he decided against pressing the issue.

Kirana

She noticed Issac stir and Satyana giving him an herb to help him feel better.

Satyana's anguish was apparent to her even without looking at the girl.
For her sake, Kirana decided to inform Issac later without Satyana's presense.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 29 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper @ May 26 2007, 07:36 PM) *

Sadril
"As do I," he repllied to Amrita's note on challenges with a sly, suggestive tone.

"I am quite old. Centuries, though you wouldn't know it," Sadril said with a grin, proud of his unaging features. "I can't remember when or how I acquired it, nor do I know how or why I can do it, but I can almost speak to shadows..."

They exited the town of Soluthis and walked along the perimiter of it, though Sadril had no intention of walking back to Veric. "I concentrate on something I want or need, and shadow acts as my eye. Sometimes I think I'm crazy, but it lead me to you. I can also blend in with a shadow, become one with it almost, but I cannot become one, nor move from shadow to shadow as I understand you can."

Amrita

Amrita nodded thoughtfully as she listened to Sadril explain his affinity to the shadows.

"Everyone has been touched by Sheogorath, at least a little bit," she said with a wicked grin on her face. The vampire's ability to "speak" with the shadows was strange, especially since they seemed to give good answers, but at least it appeared he admired something that she could do with the shadows that he couldn't.

"I was quite surprized myself when I figured out that I could flow with the shadows. I was very young at the time," she continued, "Since then, I've made great use of the skill."

She paused as she looked around town. "Now is this Veric character nearby? I've been on a lot of long journeys lately so I would perfer it if the trip was short."

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post May 29 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Sadril

Sadril simply smiled at Amrita's request. He removed a yellow amulet from his side pocket, wrapped the necklace around his wrist, and stared at her blankly. In reality, however, he was communicating with his employer.

Veric.

Veric

Altair was off to the side of the action of the dam being taken apart, staying unnoticed by the others, when he received a flood of information.

When Sadril effectively wore the amulet, Veric was made aware of his location, what he was seeing, feeling, even thinking.

What? he replied.

I have found Amrita.

A surprised look crawled upon and latched itself to Veric's face. He turned and walked away from the group and leaned against a tree. Really? I'm surprised.

Yeah... Well believe it. She's here in front of me.

I'll be there in "no time." The last two words were physically spoken from behind Sadril as an Altmer formed out of a faint glow of light.

Sadril stepped aside and place his left hand on the hilt of his katana. "Amrita, Veric. Veric, Amrita."

"Pleased," Veric said with a smile as he extended a hand to Amrita, his features changing from that of an Almter to that of his preferred Breton form.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 29 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Amirta

Amrita raised an eyebrow as the Altmer that suddenly appeared turned into a Breton before her eyes. She thought she kept her astonishment in check as she shook the extended hand of the yellow-eyed Breton.

"That's quite a trick ya got there, Veric. It seems the things Sadril said about you were true," she said smirking. She nodded to the amulet Sadril was holding. "Is that some sort of communication device?"

Voltar

Voltar was walking alongside "Altair" when he abruptly removed himself from the party and vanished into the air. The abrupt disappearance took a second for Voltar to register. He looked at the rest of the group ahead of him. It didn't appear that any of them noticed the mage vanish, but it wouldn't take long for one of them to wonder where he was.

Slightly agitated, Voltar grasped his yellow amulet hidden in his pocket.

Veric, I do hope that wherever you went that you return soon. I don't think it's wise to simply vanish without some sort of coverup made first. All ready there are those around us that are suspicious, this does not help. If anyone asks though, I'll just say you fell ill and required some privacy in some secluded spot nearby. Hopefully I'll keep the others from investigating. All the same, I would perfer it if you returned here soon.

Voltar continued walking, a sour expression on his face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post May 29 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Sadril and Veric

Sadril pocketed the amulet and looked down his nose at Amrita. "Among other things," he answered before turning on his heels and walking back toward town.

Meanwhile...

You're resourceful! Veric shot back at Voltar with his own annoyed tone, not wanting to be bothered with trivial suspicions. Yes, tell them I got sick or I had to take a damn piss or something. It won't be long.

He then called to the departing Sadril, "There's a mark set for you in Cyrodiil," to which Sadril replied with a flip of his hand over his shoulder, rudely waving off Veric.

"Moody little vampire, isn't he?" the Breton asked Amrita. "Don't trust much what he says, but what he told you of me is probably true."

He extended his arm gentlemanly for Amrita to take. "If you'll allow me to demonstrate."

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 29 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita watched the vampire stalk off. "I take it you don't mind him acting that way then, else you would've gotten rid of him a long time ago," Amrita mused as she took the mage's hand.

"Let's be off then."

Voltar

Voltar's sour expression grew more grave. He thought the possibility of increased suspicion warranted a warning. Well it seemed that whatever Veric was up to was quite important for him to snap back like that.

"He better make sure he looks to see if others are watching before he vanishes again," Voltar mumbled bitterly.

OOC: That's it for me tonight. Later folks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post May 29 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #34

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco

Acknowledging Rann, Mannimarco took off for the direction of Kirana. He had to stop her and get her back. If she found out how to break the leash that was affecting them both, she could kill him. Checking all his psychic channels, he noticed that his servants observed the Silhouette's Army and the Army of Morrowind moving towards the Imperial City. Mannimarco sent a message to his second in command and he kept on the trail for Kirana. Shouting back at Rann, he yelled, "Dunmer, the pieces are set, the board is in motion. Best not get caught in something you can't control....."

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 29 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Kirana

Barely realizing the newfound sense of urgency and the rapidly approaching presense through the link, Kirana exhaled sharply. "Great, just what we needed."

Taking the lightened Issac off her shoulder and placing him on his feet, she ordered both her son and Satyana. "Get out of here now, find the others and help save the Empire; I've got my own conflict."

Issac

Recovered from his earlier sickness, he shook his head. "There is no way, we are going to leave while you get captured again, or killed."

Ian

He paused suddenly, bewildered by what he beheld. A trail of blood was flowing uphillat a rapid pace. "What in Obli-"

Ian turned to see a Dunmer in robes come charging after the blood trail.

OCC: Being that Mannimarco doesn't have nearly the same body he had a decade and a half ago, Ian doesn't recognize him as the King of Worms reincarnated.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 29 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

Green-Root turned over on his back and lazily swung his tail at just the right speed to keep up. He looked over at the group and almost instantly noticed that Altair was missing.
,,Hah, was about time they left. But his buddy is still here. Weird." He thought. He looked at the progress being made and decided that he could backtrack for a while and catch up again later. It didn't appear as if they were going to move away from the river anytime soon.

The Argonian vanished underwater and raced back downstream.
,,Alright, Altair or what's your name. Let's see what you're up to."

Flint Ironwood.

The stinging in his side began to become worse.
,,Yo, Flogir. Hold it for a moment." He called out and stopped to lean against a tree and catch his breath.
,,It doesn't seem like we're being followed, other than by that scaly Argonian." He said and looked for said Argonian, only to see a greenish blur racing down the river.
,,Ah, crap! He's heading downstream! He's going to warn the army! I knew we couldn't trust him!" Despite being tired, the Breton forced himself to run after Green-Root.
,,If I had any magicka whatsoever, it would be so easy to jump and cut him off."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post May 29 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco

Following the trail Mannimarco suddenly became aware of two souls stored in a dead body. A conduit ?, Mannimarco guessed, referencing back to the time when necromancers would use vampires to store souls. Mannimarco turned to the general direction of Ian, and spoke the words to command the dead flesh. After speaking the words, small purple tendrils of energy shot from his fingers and surrounded Ian. "Dead, you are a conduit. You need to serve me. Ecstasy will be given tenfold." The words played over and over in Ian's mind. Mannimarco watched the trail slowly ebb away and pulled his fist to his chest. Surprisingly, the purple tendrils tightened like a cord, and Mannimarco shot off for the trail. Nervousness overcame Mannimarco as he hurried along the path.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
minque
post May 29 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #38

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

She agreed with Issac, they couldn´t just leave Kirana. She decided to show her tattoo-

"See this? It´s got powers, I´m just not so sure how it would be of any help to you....but I think you know"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 29 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Kirana

She shook her head grimly, refusing both their arguments. "The only way to destroy Mannimarco is by destroying me. Given time I may be able to find a way to influence or break that bond, but right now the only options you two have is to either kill me now and save a lot of people from suffering in the future, or to let Mannimarco take me back."

"It may be difficult, but the option that will help anyone is the former." Kirana looked hard at each of them. "Simple suicide won't work, so you two will have to decide."

Issac

Part of him made his hand rest on his katana's hilt, but that was as far as it got before, he stopped it. Kill Kirana to save thousands and get rid of Mannimarco for the time being......

The realization brought forth a truth he hadn't seen before. "Even if we destroy you and Mannimarco one of his servants can just reincarnate him a second time." He whispered, "Killing you won't promise he won't be back again."

Kirana hid her reaction, but Issac knew from growing up with as his matron that she had not thought of that beforehand.

Ian

On reflex, Ian took a step back, but the tendrils ensnared him. The words of the Dunmer rang through his head. His entire body pulsed in reaction to the words and promise of pleasure. Suddenly, Ian realized he had little to no control over his body's actions.

As Mannimarco continued hastily down the path, so to did Ian's body. Leaving Ian to fume over lossing grip on his own body. "Do you have anything to do with this!?" He asked accussingly of the voice.

OCC: How will this affect Cerpin
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post May 30 2007, 02:44 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Veric

"I have my reasons for keeping him around," Veric replied regarding Sadril, "Anyone else and I would have done away with him long ago... Ready?" he asked before a flash of light overtook them both, then blackness.

When the darkness subsided a few seconds later, Amrita would see that she was in a large rectangular room, stone floors, ceiling, and walls. A large, fine, gold embroidered red rug covered most of the floor, muting any footsteps. Despite the presence of castle-esque windows, they offered no light; to look out them would be to look into black abyss. Only torches spaced along the walls intervened shadows. Even their dim light did not reach the center of the spacious hall, leaving a veil of darkness from which Veric emerged.

"Very cozy, isn't it?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:16 PM