Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problem with mod
Avatus Darius
post May 12 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Associate

Hello,

I am Avatus Darius. I was referred to this forum following a search for the user, Timeslip. I am trying to get in contact with this member as I have been a user of the mod OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) and have come across a problem I am trying to get help with. In short, the error has crippled the use of my game.

I posted the following on the TES Nexus forums, where I originally dowloaded the content. Have not seen a response. I also tried the weblink timeslip.chorrol.com and found nowhere I could try to communicate and seek help with my issue. Logically, I am trying here as well. My message is as follows:

I had an unusual occurance recently, and was wondering if I could get help with fixing the problem.

I've used OBMM for some time without any problems. However, today I tried deleting the Kvatch Aftermath mod, and got all kinds of buggy happenings. I can't close OBMM without using Windows task manager to do so, nor can I launch Oblivion, or use any of the utilities. OBMM gives the following message in the obmm_crashdump.txt:

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 3:11:37 AM
1.1.12 (Safe mode)
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

Type: System.IO.IOException
Error message: Access to the path 'kvatchaftermath' is denied.
Stack trace: at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete()
at OblivionModManager.MainForm.TidyDataFolder()
at OblivionModManager.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I tried uninstalling OBMM, running CC cleaner, and subsequently reinstalling OBMM. This is not working to date. I get the same error situation.

Any ideas? Kind of stuck without my game working...

On any of the forums, including this one that I have found, there is no way to PM this user. Logically, I am trying here. I hope I don't offend anyone, I am simply attempting to seek help in repairing my game.

If anyone else here can make sense of this, and help, all the better...

Sincerely,

Avatus Darius
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:05 PM