Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Total War Series, Shogun, Medieval, Rome, Empire, Napoleon, etc...
SubRosa
post Sep 2 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #261

Ancient
Group Icon

You may need to build a barracks to recruit the troops from?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #262

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 2 2017, 04:04 PM) *

You may need to build a barracks to recruit the troops from?

Khajiit figured it's a building he needs to build, but the building system is a lot different than Rome: TW, so this one isn't really sure what or how to get troop training. Guess for now I'll just have to ferry them over from Hibernia.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 3 2017, 12:50 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 3 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #263

Ancient
Group Icon

I am not sure how it works. I just fired up Atilla, and there is a Raise Forces button in the settlement overview area. But I can only recruit generals from it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 01:21 AM
Post #264

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 2 2017, 07:16 PM) *

I am not sure how it works. I just fired up Atilla, and there is a Raise Forces button in the settlement overview area. But I can only recruit generals from it.

Ja, and then in turn your general recruits men, but when Khajiit's General is in Segontium, we don't get the option to raise troops. Hoping Haz can shed some light on what is going on.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 3 2017, 03:44 AM
Post #265

Mouth
Group Icon

Is your general in the same region as your recruitment building?

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 03:48 AM
Post #266

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 2 2017, 09:44 PM) *

Is your general in the same region as your recruitment building?

Lol, how do you know which is the recruitment building? In Ireland we've got a village (dwelling?), a farm, and an artisan. Oh and docks.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 3 2017, 03:52 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 3 2017, 05:36 AM
Post #267

Mouth
Group Icon

Different buildings unlock different recruits. If you hover over a building a little info tab should pop up - at the bottom of the tab it'll say 'allows recruitment of X'. Your village should allow you to recruit some basic units.

Click on your general, then click the shield+ icon on the bottom of the screen that says 'recruit units' and a list of available recruits should pop up. Your general can only recruit units from the local region.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #268

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 2 2017, 11:36 PM) *

Different buildings unlock different recruits. If you hover over a building a little info tab should pop up - at the bottom of the tab it'll say 'allows recruitment of X'. Your village should allow you to recruit some basic units.

Click on your general, then click the shield+ icon on the bottom of the screen that says 'recruit units' and a list of available recruits should pop up. Your general can only recruit units from the local region.

Will try to post a screenshot later. My General is in Segontium and when the shield+ icon (raise troops) is pressed, there are literally 0 options for recruitment. Khajiit is guessing there is something he isn't doing, or some requirement he hasn't met, probably due to the fact he is in a former Roman territory.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 3 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #269

Ancient
Group Icon

Total War: Star Wars would be cool. Imagine the Battles of Scarif and Hoth in TW style. Or Twilight Company's Mid-Rim Campaign. It would never happen because of EA though.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 3 2017, 11:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 4 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #270

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 3 2017, 05:06 PM) *

Total War: Star Wars would be cool. Imagine the Battles of Scarif and Hoth in TW style. Or Twilight Company's Mid-Rim Campaign. It would never happen because of EA though.

That would be cool! The sheer scale of that would be daunting! Still say Total War: Tamriel would be cool. First Era preferably.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 4 2017, 12:08 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 4 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #271

Ancient
Group Icon

Game of Thrones Total War seems like an obvious one as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 4 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #272

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 3 2017, 06:19 PM) *

Game of Thrones Total War seems like an obvious one as well.

Agreed. They could even take a page from WarHammers book and do something similar to the necromancy of the Vampire Counts for the White Walkers.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 4 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #273

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 3 2017, 12:39 PM) *

Will try to post a screenshot later. My General is in Segontium and when the shield+ icon (raise troops) is pressed, there are literally 0 options for recruitment. Khajiit is guessing there is something he isn't doing, or some requirement he hasn't met, probably due to the fact he is in a former Roman territory.

If it's a former enemy territory, you have to convert buildings before you can use them. Maybe that's the issue?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 4 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #274

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 4 2017, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 3 2017, 12:39 PM) *

If it's a former enemy territory, you have to convert buildings before you can use them. Maybe that's the issue?

That's probably it exactly. Khajiit has been reluctant to do that because it costs half of his treasury to do that and takes like 9 turns to complete. This one is wondering if it's not better to raze or sack a city and move on rather than try to occupy it.

*Update*
Building conversion required confirmed. Converted the main settlement part and was then able to recruit spears.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 4 2017, 10:03 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 5 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #275

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 4 2017, 03:43 PM) *

That's probably it exactly. Khajiit has been reluctant to do that because it costs half of his treasury to do that and takes like 9 turns to complete. This one is wondering if it's not better to raze or sack a city and move on rather than try to occupy it.

*Update*
Building conversion required confirmed. Converted the main settlement part and was then able to recruit spears.

Glad it's sorted. Yep, some factions have bonuses when converting buildings, and others don't need to convert. It takes time, but having a place to recruit from on the mainland is really helpful for expanding your territory.

Beastmen updates continue.

Sad news today as Ghorros Heart-Render, leader of our second brayheard, was killed in battle against the Bretonnian king Louen Leoncoeur. With Ghorros dead and his brayheard destroyed, I effectively lost half of my faction. Before he was destroyed, Ghorros raised a second army, commanded by Morghur the Shadowgave (a legendary lord) which will take a long time to build up but should be even more powerful - Morghur is just as powerful as Khazrak.

Speaking of Khazrak, he completed a quest today and unlocked a legendary item - the whip named Scourge. His army now travels to Bretonnia to hunt down the remaining humans.

The Empire lands have all fallen to chaos, and the vampires are slowly moving in to all of the destroyed settlements. I have no problems with the vampires, and we're pretty content to leave each other alone for now.

Screenies from Khazrak's quest battle, an ambush against imperial troops:

Imperial general leading his column

My newly recruited Chaos Giant

Chaos Spawn alongside Minotaurs

Khazrak heads straight for the imperial general

the Gorebull leads his Minotaurs and Chaos Spawn into the rear of the enemy

Poison Warhounds pin down the Imperial Knights

imperial Demigryph Knights

the Chaos Giant towers over the melee

Bestigors chase down the fleeing imperials

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 5 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #276

Ancient
Group Icon

Man that chaos giant/devil is biiiiig!

Those chaos forces and the Imperial demigryph Knights are cool looking!

R.I.P Ghorros Heart-render. Your heart-rending days are done.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 5 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #277

Ancient
Group Icon

It looks like the Chaos Giant is wearing a truck wheel. Or is that what happened to Flavor Flav? wink.gif

Chaos Spawn are gross. They look like Fallout Centaurs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 11 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #278

Mouth
Group Icon

Finished up the Beastmen campaign today. Hooray!

The last few turns were just a big game of cat and mouse with the last remaining humans. This gave me time to build up a really strong army for Morghur the Shadowgave, who managed to catch the last human army and wipe them out.

Eventually the humans ran out of places to hide, as any settlement I destroyed was quickly resettled by vampires or chaos tribesmen. The Wood Elves retreated back into their forests, and I was content to leave them there.

A good campaign overall, though I'm disappointed in myself for allowing Ghorros Heart-Render to be defeated. This is the first Beastman campaign I've done since Bretonnia was buffed and had new units added, so it was really interesting to have that new element to deal with. Very fun.

Some shots from Morghur's battle against Bretonnia:

The bulk of my force - Several units of Bestigors, supported by a giant and a Bray-Shaman

Morghur the Shadowgave - leading several units of Chaos Spawn

One of three Cygors - I had them dotted around the map so the enemy had nowhere to hide

Some knights attack a Cygor, only to be intercepted at the last second by some Chaos Spawn

The rest of the spawn attack the infantry

A plume of magic heralds the arrival of the Bray-Shaman - the humans were all grouped up around some buildings, which meant that the spells could hit several units at once.

More magic, and the Bestigors move in

Exit, pursued by Bestigors

No survivors

Total War Warhammer 2 comes out in a couple of weeks, so I might try and squeeze in a Wood Elf campaign before then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 11 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #279

Ancient
Group Icon

Those chaos-spawn remind me of the creatures from the Resident Evil animes.

That Cygor has a big rock. I take it they are basically catapults?

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 11 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #280

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 11 2017, 08:52 PM) *

Those chaos-spawn remind me of the creatures from the Resident Evil animes.

That Cygor has a big rock. I take it they are basically catapults?

The Beastmen variant of chaos spawn is definitely the most horrifying.

Exactly. Cygors have slightly less range than a dwarf cannon, for example, but do significantly more damage and can move a lot faster. They're also a lot harder to kill than your average siege engine crew.

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:29 AM