Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 117 118 119 120 121 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Jan 26 2024, 08:01 AM
Post #2361

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 25 2024, 12:13 PM) *

Wow, a party. Is this quest part of vanilla game? I never did most of the Daedra quests. devilsmile.gif

yes, it’s the Sanguine Daedra quest.

From right to left it's Kahleah right? With the wings? Redhead = Fiona, I am guessing. Pym is next with the super-bleached appearance. Which means Eleyna is the final gal on the very left?

You are correct, you named them.

Neptune Shuffle, Pluto blues... I don't have a clue!

Brownsville Station, The Martian Boogie

Wow, they really get nekkid, holy moley. blink.gif

Yes. they do. Depending on if a body mod is used or not, they get down to underwear or less.

What does the Gweden Pass do?

Pass is good for one free entrée. Desserts are an extra charge.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 26 2024, 11:52 AM
Post #2362

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 26 2024, 07:01 AM) *

What does the Gweden Pass do?

Pass is good for one free entrée. Desserts are an extra charge.

What, you mean you normally charge just to enter? blink.gif Oh, that's some posh establishment you have there, Sir Jandaga! ohmy.gif

EDIT: Just realised that of course you meant a dish, not the entrance fee. Doh... I need more coffee. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Jan 26 2024, 11:54 AM

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 26 2024, 04:48 PM
Post #2363

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 26 2024, 05:52 AM) *

... I need more coffee. smile.gif

Got it. ☕

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 26 2024, 06:40 PM
Post #2364

Councilor
Group Icon

Not at Tsarrina’s prices, you don’t! laugh.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 26 2024, 06:50 PM
Post #2365

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 26 2024, 05:40 PM) *

Not at Tsarrina’s prices, you don’t! laugh.gif

Wait... I thought I had one of those passes... Umm... Or was it someone else..? Err... Brandy for all! biggrin.gif Cyrodilic or otherwise.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 26 2024, 07:55 PM
Post #2366

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 26 2024, 04:52 AM) *

What, you mean you normally charge just to enter? blink.gif Oh, that's some posh establishment you have there, Sir Jandaga! ohmy.gif

EDIT: Just realised that of course you meant a dish, not the entrance fee. Doh... I need more coffee. smile.gif

Sorry for the confusion, where I'm at entree relates to the main course. I know in some places entree could be considered the first course.

That said, for security reasons we do have a cover charge. Can't have voyeurs sitting all day in the lobby, watching the menu parade by for free, you understand.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 3 2024, 05:15 AM
Post #2367

Mouth
Group Icon

20240202 Talwinque, Kvatch Rebuilt

We were walking along on a quiet moonlit night when I turned to Kaleah and said, “That was a fun little party, don’t cha think? Things were beginning to get a little… boring. I mean, where have the vampires gone?”

“You have sent them into hiding, my fearless vampire hunter,” Kaleah replied.

“But,” I continued. ”I feel like I’m just running around doing things that don’t make any difference.”

“My Feache,” Kaleah’s eye sparkled with the stars in the night sky as she looked down at me, “The Imperials don’t know how to show appreciation. They just walk with their noses in the air. Perhaps we should go to the Imperial City and …”

“Darkness falls and nature sleeps!” Elenya shouted in frustration. “Why do we still tramp about?”

Brought back to the current reality, we had come across a camp set-up outside the Ayleid ruin Talwinque. No one was around so we crawled into the only tent available to get some sleep. How we managed that, I‘ll never understand.

The following morning, the bleached white stones of Talwinque beckoned. Unable to resist the call we took the bait and entered. The place was crawling with MOO bandits from Hammerfell.

The corridor to the right was block by a locked gate. There was a pressure plate on the other side but like always with these things, we were unable to activate it. Backtracking to follow the corridor to the left proved easier. We had little opposition from the Hammerfell bandits until we reached the door to Talwinque Ceysel

In Talwinque Ceysel we encountered nearly a dozen Hammerfell bandits; skirmishers, warriors, and sword-singers. One in particular, a spellsword wearing a White Crimson cuirass with a narrow chain apron, drew our attention.

Elenya took a liking to the cuirass and laid first claim to it. Of course we made an offer to purchase it in exchange for the spellsword’s life. We’re not bloodthirsty inhumane monsters, you know. But, the foolish spellsword refused the offer, for awhile anyway. Eventually she succumbed to Elenya’s superior Apachii Goddess Store training.

Coming across a door to Talwinque Aransel, we entered. The deathly quietness of Aransel was immediately apparent. Remembering Blackheart, the insane Redguard warrior we defeated here during an Ayleid Step investigation, we understood why. Blackheart had a highly skilled second with her. Could there be another?

Peering over the balcony rail to the main floor below, we spotted her and she spotted us. Nofylar, a wanted MOO criminal instantly attacked. Realizing she was overmatched, she fled back down to the main floor. Chasing her down, we cornered Nofylar near the Ayleid steps as she attempted to flee. Unfortunately for Nofylar, her last welkynd stone failed in her attempt to escape.

Elenya wasted no time putting her newly acquired cuirass to the test. Claiming Nofylar’s armor and her enchanted axe as proof of her demise, we left Talwinque Aransel through a door other than the one in which we had entered.

The new route took us back up to the unexplored section of Talwinque beyond the locked gate. Here our path to the exit was blocked by yet another MOO champion from Hammerfell. With a squad of battle harden Hammerfell warriors, Lightea, with his big glass mace and hardened ice stalhrim armor firmly declared, “You shall not pass!”

With an expression that clearly said “Just who do you think you are?” Pym took exception to Lightea’s attitude.

We spent another night in the small tent and the next morning during breakfast we read through some of the neglected correspondences we have received recently. One in particular was from Procis Douarus, the architect in charge of rebuilding Kvatch. Procis is again requesting our help.

Being that we were close by, we left for Kvatch to find out what Procis could need now?

Kvatch is still in the rebuilding phase and is looking pretty bare. Procis was in The Wolf’s Head, currently just a shell of a tavern, when we found him. Procis told us that he was having concerns about rebuilding the arena. The violence concerns him and wonders if the arena is a good idea.

There’s only one way to find out and that’s to visit to the Imperial City Arena. The Ladies and I are leaving for the Imperial City in the morning, he could travel with us if he’d like.

As arranged, Procis Douarus accompanied us to the Imperial City. Entering the city through the main gates Procis didn’t say much as we strolled through the city. He did take lingering side glances at the Arena advertisement posters. It’s been awhile since he has been to the Imperial City and the images of Amazon gladiators can be quite captivating to the uninitiated (Arena Poster Diversity –BC Patch plus Women for Arena Posters Diversified plus Kael Adult Arena Poster).

Being late in the day and worn out from the trip, we spent the night at the new bar and inn across the street from the Arena, Pub 102 (Better Cities). The next day after lunch I took Procis to the Arena for the matinee card while the Ladies invaded the shops.

“Kobolds vs. Bosmers,” Procis said pointing to the poster at the gate. “This looks interesting.”

“It’s the Sundas matinee,” I replied as I placed entry required bets on the Blue Team. ”It’s a kinky comedy melee that plays every Sundas. It can get pretty wild if the kobolds get into the stands. Come on let’s go in.”

The crowd, being early in the fight card, was sparse but loud. They jumped to their feet screaming at the start of the match and didn’t quit until the Blue Team was declared the winner. Their rabid voices swelled higher and higher with every blow from the combatants. Although the match didn’t last very long, its effect on Procis was dramatic.

Procis approached to tell me that he had changed his mind. Citing the infectious energy of the boisterous crowd and the intense excitement he felt while watching the gladiators, Procis declared that he was leaving to rebuild the Kvatch arena. His only request was that I speak to Gaban Sele of Kvatch’s Mages Guild about an idea he has for participants. With that Procis left.

I can see it now Kolbolds from the Black Marsh vs. Rieklings from Solstheim. Might as well toss in a pack of Goblins and make a threesome.

Well, it time I left too. It’s getting on dinner time and I better not keep my Ladies waiting.

(One little issue, when trying to leave the arena a message displayed saying that the match must end in order to leave. The quest updated and Procis left but the match never ended. I couldn’t leave the arena. Once again the Midas Magic travel gateway saves the day.)

This post has been edited by macole: Feb 3 2024, 08:23 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 3 2024, 05:55 AM
Post #2368

Councilor
Group Icon

A fun little party? More like, the very BEST party in all Fourth Era Tamriel! 🎈Food, drink, everyone getting nekkid! Come on, now!

Elenya took a liking to the cuirass and laid first claim to it. Of course we made an offer to purchase it in exchange for the spellsword’s life. We’re not bloodthirsty inhumane monsters, you know.

The High Fantasy equivalent to "Yo, I like them Reeboks. Gimme them now, I won't slap you one!"

Come and think of it, is Elenya from Goddess Store? She sure looks like one of the Goddesses who stand in place all day. Or, I guess you're saying she merely got training from one of them. Ne'er mind.

Uch, a Maskar's opponent. Hitpoint sponges, I call 'em.

Wow, I do like Elenya's new armor.

I want kobolds in my game! Those were fun to fight back in the table-gaming days (1980s for me).

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 3 2024, 05:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 3 2024, 05:04 PM
Post #2369

Paladin
Group Icon

Some heavy fightin' in TailWinkie but good loot it seems.

Ah yes, the Kvatch Arena. When she left the 3rd Era, Buffy recalled that Countess Kvatch had plans to turn her arena into a performing arts center that would host stage productions and concerts. A complement to the arena in the IC.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 10 2024, 07:18 AM
Post #2370

Mouth
Group Icon

20240209 Ayleid Steps, Integration-The Stranded Light
Procis Douarus practically ran to get back to Kvatch so he could start on his arena. I couldn’t help thinking that something better, less barbaric, more artistic could be done for that vacant plot in the center of the city. But, with Procis being the owner of the Wolf’s Head tavern is looking at the potential of a seriously big bump in business with the arena full of rabid screaming fanatics across the street.

I stuck around for a few more matches before collecting my winnings and walking over to Pub 102 to hook up with my ladies. Counting my winnings I wondered, am I really that lucky or does the Arena staff know who I am. It could be they’re priming the pump so to speak, just trying to hook me into coming back and spending more?

Well, my Ladies weren’t at the Pub 102. Fearing that they left for the Water Front I thought that I had better go find them. Feeling pretty good, head held high, shoulders back, pockets full of coin I prowled the Market District in search of my Ladies. It wasn’t long before I spotted my ladies or should I say they found me. Tired from shop hopping and they were in search of me and dinner. Or, maybe they just wanted someone to carry the packages.

I suggested a quick bite at the Merchant’s Inn before retiring to the Arch-Mage’s quarters in the Mages Guild for the night. After dinner as we passed through the Arboretum we happened to run into Nur-Deen, the Argonian with the murderous husband.

Asking how things worked out for her, she told us that her former husband is now in prison. For herself Nur-Deen said that she is going back to Black Marsh. To show her appreciation Nur-Deen paid us 500septims and insisted that I take Nur-Deen’s Gratitude, an amulet with magical properties. Tomorrow I’ll report in with Captain Tertria Aurum.

Finally, we’re able to make it to the Arch-Mage’s quarters where we can relax. If you call signing a mountain of authorization papers relaxing. I call it boring.

To break the tediousness of the task, my Ladies attempted to show me everything they had bought. I wasn’t paying much attention until Elenya said, “We found this book at the First Edition. Its title is interesting, A Match (Mod: Elsweyr Mysteries).

Taking the book, I sat down and began to read. The Ladies were reorganizing one of my storage chests on the other side of the room when I finished. Jumping up out of my chair I shouted, “What a high fantasy trip! Imagine a mage performing world altering magic, the kind I can only dream of doing. There’s a formidable vampire as a possible ally. And the supporting characters, they’re fierce, and strong, and full of fire. Where did Phintias get this?”

With a befuddled look on their faces, Kaleah, Elenya, and Pym stared at each other. “Does he not see himself in the story or the warning at the end?” they whispered amongst themselves.

Later, I was fussing with the small bed hoping there was a way to make it more accommodating for at least three when I discovered a book, Arch-Mage Traven’s Notes (OOO), hidden behind the headboard. Arch-Mage Traven notes shed some light on his feeling toward necromancy and his feud with Lien Valeth, the leader of the Putrid Hand.

We’ve dealt with many from the Putrid Hand. Too bad we didn’t find this notebook earlier. It might have been helpful to know more about what we were dealing with and why.

The following morning, we left to find Captain Tertia Aurum. Captain Tertia was in the Elven Gardens district when we caught up with her. When informed of Nur-Deen’s status, Captain Tertia thanked us and asked if we had been compensated for out time and effort. Captain Tertia was relieved to hear that we had.

Personally, I think Captain Tertia was happy that she didn’t have to pay us out of her pathetically small budget.

With Captain Tertia Aurum’s dismissal, thus closing the Audacious Argonian Affair, we left for Merendin. Using the Midas Astral Gateway the trip to Merendin was uneventful. Tesserayiel, leader and co-founder of the Stranded Light, greeted us when we arrived. Tesserayiel started by commenting on how crowded Merendin is becoming. I didn’t give her comment much thought other than the Stranded Light’s increased popularity is a good thing.

Tesserayiel next told us how pleased she is with Urenvre taking the Bruma Outpost position. Bruma is a perfect place for the Mazken who had spent a long time living in Kvatch as a Dunmer.

After speaking to Tesserayiel we went to find Do’leandra to let her know that both Renrijra Krin agents, Shivaya and Karizzy are dead. On the way we met a new visitor to Merendin, Hilda the Stormtempered. Chatting a while, Hilda told us got the nickname when she once demonstrated how you can redecorate a room using lightning.

“Afterwards I had to search for a new guild,” she said. “They just didn’t have any sense of humor.”

Okay, we left Hilda to find Do’leandra. There she was in the West room, her great two handed sword in hand, swinging away at the practice dummy.

“Good news!” Do’leandra cheered. “You managed to cut off and burn a head of the hydra.”

For our efforts, Do’leandra rewarded us with the Khajiit Regalia. Trying it on for size, I found the formal attire to be a bit much for the places I usually go. The high collar is stiff and uncomfortable around the neck but I like the color. Maybe I can sell it at a good price.

Later, Do’leander approached to tell me that she had contacted an old Dune Walker acquaintance of hers to come and open a shop in Merendin. From what Do’leander said I gathered that Dar’que, an Ohmes Khajiit and thief by trade, runs a shop that deals in a little of this and a little of that under the table.

Dar’que is one cute kitten. We found the little Ohmes at her stand stationed in the East room. Her inventory contains a lot of home building items. Sure enough, she’ll buy stolen goods. That’s ok by me, it’s like Do’leandra said “everyone needs a shop like this now and then.”

Passing by Jo’beala’s corner, Jo’ pulls me aside and in a whisper confides that Dar’que makes her uneasy. As Jo’beala puts it, “This one can’t trust a hairless Khajiit. Is it really a littermate or just pretending?”

Yeah, I guess that could be a concern, especially to an Ohmes-raht as skittish as Jo’beala.

Returning to the center of Merendin looking for an open bed to take a nap, we met Kanaane who was just waking up from her nap. Excitedly Kanaane tells us she had another dream. In her dream she envisions a great city shining like a Star of High Hope. Yep you got it, this time she wants to raise a mushroom city that will change this country for the better.

Good grief, doesn’t she remember how much a couple of houses cost. What will a whole city take? I need to talk to Tesserayiel about this.

Tesserayiel agrees that Merendin is getting bit cramped with all the new recruits taking shelter here. She likes Kanaane’s idea of a city, where members of the Stranded Light could reside in safety. Tesserayiel offers me some startup gold, 250,000 in gold to be exact. She calls it dirty money and is not proud on how she obtained it.

Could be a juicy story there but I didn’t ask. No need to use Dar’que to launder the gold, I’ll just take Tesserayiel’s offer with the assurance that it will be put it to good use.

First thing in the morning, though. It’s been a long day and right now the Ladies and I are tired.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 10 2024, 08:41 PM
Post #2371

Paladin
Group Icon

Where is Merendin? I presume it is mod-added. Never a lack of tasks for the Jandaga and company. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 11 2024, 11:15 PM
Post #2372

Mouth
Group Icon

Merendin is part of Integration – Stranded Light – Integrated. It is located east of fort Teleman near the Black Marsh border.

We are saving Nirn, slowly but surely.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 12 2024, 04:50 PM
Post #2373

Councilor
Group Icon

I like how he got separated from the rest of the gang. And then had to find them.

Jandaga is Arch Mage. bluewizardsmile.gif Not sure if I knew that.

“What a high fantasy trip!

I see what ya did there! Maybe unintentionally. But you gamed some Fantasy Trip too, macole. I've never met anyone else on the 'net who has.

Jandaga's gonna need a bigger bed! sleep.gif He's always cramming into beds and tents with his entire party! He needs a Bed of Holding spell, perhaps.

Great pic of Jandaga in fancy duds. WHOA look at Darque. She's gorgeous! ohmy.gif

Thank you for continuing this thread all these years, macole.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 16 2024, 07:28 AM
Post #2374

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 12 2024, 09:50 AM) *

Jandaga is Arch Mage. bluewizardsmile.gif Not sure if I knew that.

Arch-mage promotion happened back in 2018. I still think Arch-mage Traven was an idiot.

“What a high fantasy trip!

I see what ya did there! Maybe unintentionally. But you gamed some Fantasy Trip too, macole. I've never met anyone else on the 'net who has.

A subconscious Fantasy Trip slip. I did notice it when rereading what I had typed.
I still have three of The Fantasy Trip books from 1980; In The Labyrinth, Advanced Melee, and Advanced Wizard. Steve Jackson, the game designer is publishing new game modules and a boxed set, The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition, can be found online at Walmart and Amazon. Pricey!
Sadly, of my original group there's not many of us left anymore.

Jandaga's gonna need a bigger bed! sleep.gif He's always cramming into beds and tents with his entire party! He needs a Bed of Holding spell, perhaps.

Good idea.

Great pic of Jandaga in fancy duds. WHOA look at Darque. She's gorgeous! ohmy.gif

OCOv2 does wonders for the Integration-Stranded Light faces. The original faces by bg2408 are very strange.

Thank you for continuing this thread all these years, macole.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your interest and comments.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 16 2024, 08:58 AM
Post #2375

Mouth
Group Icon

20240215 I-SL – Star of High Hope

Waking up to a new day, we left Merendin to begin our journey to Shenara Hleras’ hut high in the mountains above the shrine of Boethia. With the wind blowing in from the east the distinctive herpetarium smell reminded us of how close we were to the Black Marsh border.

“Is it the Hist or the Argonians that creates the odor?” I asked Elenya.

“Both and more,” Elenya answered. “The Hist invades the flora and fauna of all Black Marsh. It’s what makes Black Marsh so dangerous.”

“Hmmm, I see,” I replied. “Well, it’s a long walk so we had better get going.”

“You mean you didn’t set a mark?” Kaleah asked.

“Well, no. I didn’t think we’d be going back there anytime soon.” I said in my defense. That didn’t go over well and for the entire trip I had to hear about needing new shoes.

As we walked along Kaleah brought up the subject of the book ‘A Match’ that they had bought at the First Edition in the Imperial City.

“Did you notice it had a sub-title ‘Book3Valuable’ something or other? Do you think there other volumes in the set?” Kaleah queried.

“Hard to say,” I replied. “We may have to go back to Elsweyr to find out,”

A day and a half later, we stood at the door to Shenara Hleras’ hut. Shenara was home, the door was unlocked and we just walked right on in to be warmly greeted with…

“What hole did you crawl out of!” shouted Shenara Hleras. “Doesn’t anyone in Cyrodiil know how to knock!?”

“Sorry about that,” I started. “But I have another request and I thought you’d be able to help.”

“A request?” Shenara groused. “Why does no one bring a rose or a sack of gold? What is it this time?”

When I told her the Stranded Light wanted to grow a city Shenara about lost her mind or rather she said that I had lost mine.

“A what! This is some kind of joke or… No? Oh dear, you’ve got no idea what you’ve just got into.”

Shenara proceeded to recite a litany of requirements for growing a city starting with 250,000 gold which just happened to be the exact amount I got from Tesserayiel. Makes one wonder, did Tesserayiel already know this?

Next on the list was 15 Varla Stones, and 75 Welkynd stones or one Great Welkynd stone.

Varla and Welkynd stones I have aplenty but with the price of Welkynd stones at an all-time high, I’m thinking gathering a single Great Welkynd stone would be to my advantage. Especially since I know where one sits nearby.
Following that, we must have a suitable site.

“A suitable site would preferably be one where a city, now lost and abandoned, once stood.” Shenara explained.

“Lost or abandoned cities like Wroth Naga in the north, Dasek Moor in the south, Sutch in the west, and Mir Corrup in the east would work.”

Out of those four sites; Sutch has been rebuilt already. I don’t recall ever hearing of Wroth Naga or Dasek Moor. Where those sites could be found I have no idea. As for Mir Corrup, I’ve found it already and it is abandoned. We’ve got site selection covered.

That leaves the infrastructure, shops e.g. a smithy, a clothier, a bookstore, an alchemist, a Fighters Guild Hall, a Mages Guild Hall.

And last but not least, citizens to populate the city. It’s like Shenara said, ”Citizens don’t grow on trees you know, not even Bosmers.”

The last two parts I’ll have to work on. It might take a bit of running around but I’m sure with a little help we’ll find enough people looking for a fresh start in life to populate a new city.

Leaving Shenara’s we made our way to the nearby Ayleid ruin of Hame. Having been here before, we knew that a Great Welkynd Stone could be found inside. The last time we were here I nearly died trying to remove the great stone from its holder. This time though we knew the secret. To extract the stone safely, Shenara instructed us to grab the stone at its bottom.

We had to fight our way to the location were the great Welkynd stone sat. Armed with the knowledge on how to pick the stone up without suffering harm, we safely gathered the Great Welkynd Stone of Hame.

It wasn’t in the plan but after dealing with a few necromancers while getting to the Great Welkynd Stone we went ahead and cleared out the whole of Hame. The necromancers of the Putrid Hand, their lich cohorts, and a pack of Corpus Stalkers took longer to expunge than anticipated.

Tired, when we reached the room near the exit and saw the three bedrolls and a bed, we couldn’t resist. Faster than a blink of the eye, the Ladies changed to their sleep wear and chose a spot for the night.

I sat up awhile, keeping watch until I was confident that all was well. Satisfied that we were safe in the now quiet Hame, I crawled into the available bedroll.

I couldn’t fall asleep. Mmm, the joy of having a bed to one’s self with the freedom to spread out comfortably is indescribable. Imagine sleep without the constant jostling for position, taking an elbow shot to the ribs or a knee down lower. But one gets accustomed to certain things like the warmth, the softness, and the togetherness. For the longest time I lay there starring at the ceiling and thinking of a poke in the ribs.

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise, put up a parking lot

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2024, 05:20 PM
Post #2376

Councilor
Group Icon

Me too! I still have In The Labyrinth, Melee, Advanced Melee, Advanced Wizard. I have some latter books too, I forget their names. Also have a few modules, although back in the '80s we played the heck out of those, so we began using DnD modules, finally we began writing our own!

I still translate all my Elder Scrolls characters into Fantasy Trip terms. Ready for a geek-session like none other? 👓

As we can see we've got ST (Strength), DX (Agility in ES terms), and IQ (Intelligence). To get those stats, just divide whatever the game shows by 3.75. So.. if the stat in Oblivion for Strength shows 30 (Minimum without mods) this translates to 8 (minimum in Fantasy Trip, for Humans anyway). 30 ➗ 3.75 = 8.0. Saga's Agility in OB for instance is 68. She's an archer. She needs high DX, right? So 68 ➗ 3.75 = 18.1

I use Intelligence to 'limit' what my characters in OB, MW, Sky, and even Arena have learned over time, as we can see by the skills & spells Snaat Rayag and Saga have got. What would Jandaga's stats look like, if you don't mind / have the time? cake.gif

This works in Arena and Morrowind too. smile.gif Skyrim is trickier since there are no Attributes shown. I use a complicated method of adding all the Skills and their Perks, and then using a bunch of math equations. Overall: Screw Todd and his "too spreadsheety" nonsense. To me, I can't play an Elder Scrolls character without seeing what they look like on paper. tongue.gif

Anyway, let's see what the Field Hippies are up to. Wow, they're in Black Marsh. Ha ha he didn't set a Mark so his ladies could conveniently Recall.

Shenara was home, the door was unlocked and we just walked right on in to be warmly greeted with…

“What hole did you crawl out of!”

laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

That sounds crazy. Grow a City, wow. I remember that name: Dasek Moor. Is that a city found in Arena? *UESP* Nope, it's a Fort in Cyrodiil. But they're gonna grow a city there, sounds like.

Jandaga's finally got a bed to himself! And he doesn't know how to sleep! It's like in My Cousin Vinnie, the lawyer from New York couldn't fall asleep in the country; he was too used to the constant city noise as he slept. sleep.gif

EDIT: Pretty sure today's song is Tracy Chapman. Hmm. Put up a parking lot. Mmm, not Tracy. One of those folk singers, anyway.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 19 2024, 05:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Feb 19 2024, 08:07 PM
Post #2377

Mouth
Group Icon

”Citizens don’t grow on trees you know, not even Bosmers.”

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Are you sure? I remember seeing some Bosmers on trees... salute.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2024, 01:00 AM
Post #2378

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, lost/abandoned cities are plentiful in Tamriel so that should be easy. Check.

A great welkynd stone with some necrodude hunting as a bonus! Check.

Citizens. Hmm, seems maybe Gweden could use an annex or franchise? That could be a start.

Well, lost/abandoned cities are plentiful in Tamriel so that should be easy. Check.

A great welkynd stone with some necrodude hunting as a bonus! Check.

Citizens. Hmm, seems maybe Gweden could use an annex or franchise? That could be a start.

Twinkle makes a great nightlight. And of course,sleeping in a happy pig pile is better than separate beds.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 25 2024, 07:10 AM
Post #2379

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 19 2024, 10:20 AM) *

EDIT: Pretty sure today's song is Tracy Chapman. Hmm. Put up a parking lot. Mmm, not Tracy. One of those folk singers, anyway.

Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi

I still translate all my Elder Scrolls characters into Fantasy Trip terms. Ready for a geek-session like none other?

Transferring TES Character sheet to The Fantasy Trip form was not as easy as it sounds or I’m over thinking the process. Thinking through the talent and spell progression basically meant relearning the whole game system (I couldn’t find any records of old TFT sessions). So this might be a bit short on Talents and Spells but I think it would be close.
The HCobb Addendum is something I found while searching for TFT. It adds some healing spells which is lacking in the original TFT books.

JANDAGA
Level: 42
Race: Aelf (Child of the Fae custom race)
Sign: The Mage
Class: Mystwalker, (custom Sorcerer/Vampire Hunter ≅ TFT Apprentice Martial Wizard)

TES____________________________TFT
[(STR 77 + END 77)/2] / 3.75__________ST: 20.5
[(INT 82 + WIL 106)/2] / 3.75__________IQ: 25.8
[(AGIL 79 + SPD 79)/2] / 3.75__________DX: 18.1
_______________________________MA: 10
PER 67_________________________≅ Talents (Bard, charisma)
LUCK 86________________________?

TFT

Starting Talents:
Sword (4)[IQ7], Pole weapons (4)[IQ7], Literacy (1)[IQ8]

Aquired Talents:
Running (4) [IQ8] , Language (2)[IQ8], Swimming (2) [IQ8], Acute Hearing (6) [IQ9], Alertness: (4) [IQ9], Bard (4) [IQ9], Fencing (6) [IQ10], Physicker (4) [IQ11], Master Physicker (4) [IQ14], Master Bard (4) [IQ14]

Spells:
Light [IQ8), Magic Fist [IQ8], Lock/Knock [IQ10), Sleep [IQ11], Fireball [IQ12, Lightning [IQ14], Summon demon [IQ17], Cleansing [IQ17], Wizard’s Wrath [IQ18]

Spells, HCobb addendum:
Water Walking [IQ10 (HCobb addendum)], Heal [IQ11 (HCobb addendum)], Wall Walking [IQ11 (HCobb addendum)], Greater Heal [IQ14 (HCobb addendum)].

edit: missing step in calculations

This post has been edited by macole: Feb 25 2024, 10:09 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 25 2024, 07:08 PM
Post #2380

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! Thanks macole, wow, look at that. I like how you combined STR and END and did the same with the other four Attributes. Huh, never thought of doing it that way. I should try that too. cool.gif

Edit: how does the Sleep spell work? Maybe Drain Fatigue so much, enemies fall over?

Slippery Floor would be another good one to figure.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 25 2024, 08:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 117 118 119 120 121 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:34 AM