255 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
King Coin
post Oct 9 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #161

Master
Group Icon

I've been playing lots of Gears of War 3. The new horde mode is especially entertaining.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 10 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #162

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(grif11 @ Oct 9 2011, 07:54 AM) *

I just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I've only played a couple hours of it but it definately deserves its "10/10 - Buy this game!" lable. The upgrades/augments menu has tons of sweet abilities, my favourites being the wall punch and ICARUS system. Dialouge is more deep than other RPG's, with no clear good or evil option. Finally, the plot of the game is told much better than FF: 13's "Glossary" of info, instead it has you finding info in news boards, emails, etc. 10/10 from me!

I love the dialogue because it is a constantly changing thing. With the personality implant you can guage how people are reacting to what you're saying. The best part: sometimes an option that would have worked if you'd chosen the right options near the beginning of the conversation aren't going to work if you've seriously PO'd somebody. Also each line in the conversation can be different depending on the mood they're in when you pick your line and a person who might have reacted reasonably and rationally if you'd kept them in a good mood are completely dismissive if you pick the wrong stuff near the start. Just save before a conversation and choose different options, you'll see what I mean. A conversation can go completely differently if you pick a single option differently, there are alot of different combinations to each one.

One of the best persuasion systems I've seen EVER.

The whole game is pretty good, the only thing I can honestly say that I disliked was the forced boss fights. Sure lots of games have them but in a game that relies heavily on choice, they just felt out of place to me and if you don't choose at least a few basic combat skills the battles can be difficult. Other than that the game was amazing and at least a 9/10 IMO.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Oct 10 2011, 09:40 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
grif11
post Oct 10 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #163

Finder
Group Icon

I agree with you on the boss fights. I started off as an infiltrator character, able to aess anywhere and wielding a heavily modded 10mm pistol. However, when it came to the first boss fight, I couldnt take more than a few hits before keeling over and I might as well have been hitting him with a wet flanel for all the damage it did!

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 11 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #164

Mouth
Group Icon

Was Mass Effect 2 there for awhile.

But I always manage to wander back into Oblivion somehow. laugh.gif

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Oct 11 2011, 07:12 AM
Post #165

Finder
Group Icon

If it's not Oblivion, (since I only recently got into it enough to really give it a go) I have the MMORPG City of Heroes and have Mass Effect (1/2) games to gear up for import to Mass Effect 3.

Though Oblivion is taking the lion's share of interest since it's 'new'.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #166

Ancient
Group Icon

A few nights ago I started playing Rome Total War again, using my Amazon Total War mod. "The Age of Man is over!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Oct 11 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #167

Master
Group Icon

I've only played Medieval II Total War, and I loved it. I've never completed a grand campaign in that game because I'd set out with my own goals and forget the set objectives.

I loved the turn based strategy and real time tactics of each battle though.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
TheBrume
post Oct 11 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #168

Evoker

Well, nothing I suppose. Nothing at the moment.
But the last thing I played (last week or so) was Morrowind, before that, Rome: Total War and before that I played From Dust.

--------------------
Au Revoir
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 15 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #169

Mouth
Group Icon

Just found my way back into Morrowind. I'll probably be spending a bit of time back east for now, it's been awhile since I've paid Vvardenfell a visit. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 15 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #170

Mouth
Group Icon

Morrowind and Daggerfall...nuff' said

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 16 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #171

Mouth
Group Icon

Yup, I think I've worked something out here. I'm now alternating between Morrowind and Oblivion depending on whatever I'm in the mood to play. I've already gotten each game where the gameplay is almost the same between the two (well, obviously no random chance system for Oblivion) so it's an easy transition to make. Leveling is the same, combat is sorta the same, spellcasting (I have modded in magicka regen in Morrowind, only much slower than in Oblivion), the works.

And to tell you the truth, despite how not-immersive Morrowind's combat is, it actually is kinda fun (woe befall me if I say that on the Skyrim boards at the other forum). I actually think I enjoy it more than Oblivion's! For one simple reason: unpredictability. I always know what happens next in Oblivion's combat, but with Morrowind, I don't. Am I going to hit this time? Is he? Will he stagger me, or me him? Or will he knock me down (and completely pummel me while I'm out of it)?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady-Mara-II
post Oct 17 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #172

Retainer

I bought Fable 3 last week and have played through that. Normally it takes me an age to finish games, if I ever finish them at all, so it was quite an achievement to complete it in just a few days.
I didn't really like it though. The ending depressed me. :/

--------------------
Blessings of Mara upon ye.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 17 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #173

Master
Group Icon

Still working on Morrowind- Bloodmoon Expansion

Downloaded Panzer General:Allied Assault for the xBox

Dip into some arcade things as a diversion- Puzzle Quest- Challenge of the Warlords at the moment

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 17 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #174

Mouth
Group Icon

For all potential players of Resistance 3: Here's the Zero Punctuation review.

I guarantee it will crack you up. rollinglaugh.gif

EDIT: Oh dear, upon watching his Human Revolution review, he apparently takes exception to "pre-baked cut-away finishing moves, inoperable cancers of the modern action game (sic)."

Seems we now know one part of Skyrim we know he won't enjoy now. Pretty big feature, that, too. In fact, given his views on Human Revolution, I'm pretty sure he'll have something to say about how simplified Skyrim is going to be.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Oct 17 2011, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 17 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

Zero Punctuation is always hilarious, when you can keep up what that speed freak is saying!

I have never even heard of Resistance 1 or 2, let alone 3. Same with Human Revolution...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 17 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #176

Mouth
Group Icon

Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 17 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #177

Ancient
Group Icon

Well if you had mentioned the Deux Ex part, then I would have said I have heard of it. Not much, but I do know it exists.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 20 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #178

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, is one of the shooter/rpg hybrids that I've ever played.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Nov 5 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #179

Knower
Group Icon

I've been playing Borderlands a lot lately. Its a fun game, though I have to admit there were times I completely forgot what the story was and who the blue eyed girl popping up in the top right corner was and what I was supposed to be helping with. Just a lot of "Go here and kill this person" and then "Go here, grab that for me." Still, its a whole lot of fun smile.gif

The only issue I have with the game (not related to gameplay) is Siren's power up names: "Diva" "Inner Glow" "Dramatic Entrance" "Hard to Get" to name a few. I know she's "the girl" but really?

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Nov 6 2011, 07:09 AM
Post #180

Mouth
Group Icon

Been pretty absorbed into Fallout 3 lately. Wanderer's Edition makes things a lot tougher and really makes surviving in the Wasteland come into its own. Every journey is a risk now.

But the rewards are just as much greater now, too. Chems do a lot more for you now, and there's plenty of new potential fixes for you to play with. For instance, Med-X (re-labeled Morphine, which Bethesda actually originally intended until Australia stated they would ban the game because of that) allows you to temporarily ignore crippled limbs alongside the DR Bonus, and I have configured things so that taking Jet allows me to enter Bullet-Time. A lot of real-world drugs are in now, too, including cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine (though I refuse to use those). You can even open those packs of cigarettes you found laying around and gun a stick if you want (again, see the Australia censorship for why Bethesda didn't let you do this in the vanilla game).

But do note the consequences of addiction. You can't pay 50 caps for a dose of Coldturkene in the real world, kiddos, so don't go getting any ideas here. nono.gif

Plenty of new weapons to experiment with, including modern hardware (such as M-14s, Beretta M9s, and P90s) and some weapons from previous Fallout titles (Wattz laser weapons, for instance).

Lots of reason to go scavving, danger around every bend, and a bunch of fun to boot? Count me in!

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 02:32 PM