Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Renee
post May 19 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello people, and welcome to the Chorrol > Oblivion Spoilers > Today in Cyrodiil thread, a place where one can write all about their charcters in TES: 4 Oblivion, and include spoilers in the story. I realized that the other Today thread is in General section, and this new character of mine is going to have a lot of spoilers in her story, so here goes.

Let's meet my new one!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Morndas, 2:12 AM, Last Seed 27, 3E433

"Pale skin.... snotty expression," says the putrid voice of a dark elf, somewhere nearby.

The captive woman awakes slowly.

IPB Image

"Yo're a Breton", continues the voice ..."the masters of magicka, am I right? Hmm?"

"What?" the captive calls out.

"Yo're nothing but a stuck-up haahlot, with cheap pahlor tricks. Go ahead! Try yo'r magicka in here! Let's see you make those baahs disappear!"

"You know of my magicka? And how?" the captive is now confused. She does know some 'magic tricks', but her knowledge is limited to just a couple of minor spells.

"Ohhh what's the mat-ta? Not so powerful now, are you Breton? Yo're not leaving this prison 'til they throw yo'r body in the lake! Ohhh that's right, yo're going to DIE in here, prisoner. ... Yo're going to die!

Joan of Arkay, the aforementioned 'captive', begins to remember what happened to her. The faire she had attended. The challenge of her faith by a non-believer. The subsequent argument which had turned ... nasty.

"A Redguard had then come to my assistance," she remembers. "A sweet-talker, that one. Guards made a showing, the fight did gather with persistence..."

Beyond this, Joan cannot remember the rest. How did she wind up here? In a jail cell? ...

As she tries her memory, she suddenly hears voices. Footsteps. A group apparently is approaching her cell. "...we don't know that sire," says a woman's voice; a fellow Breton. "...the messenger only said .... "

"Nooo they're dead. I know it," says a man. His voice sounds deep and familiar.

"Whot's this prisoner doing here? This cell is supposed to be off limits!"

"Usual mix-up at the watch.... I ah..."

"It doesn't matter, let's get this gate open. Prisoner! Stand over by the window," commands the female Breton.

"I .. but I ..." Joan stammers.

"We won't hesitate to kill you if you get in our way!"

"But it was not of my intentions!" protests Joan. "I was merely one bystander caught up in needless challenge!" her voice is strong. Resilient.

"Prisoner, stand over by the window now," says a male soldier. "Do as you say, and you won't get hurt."

At these words Joan concedes, and finally does as she is told.

"Stay put, prisoner."

Joan of Arkay is not prepared for what is to happen next, as the Emperor himself enters her cell. Emperor Septim, leader of all Tamriel. His bearing so regal, his clothing so colorful. His presence both overbearing and unexpected, fills Joan's cell. She can barely breathe. Uriel Septim VII is in my jail cell? Joan of Arkay thinks she might be in one of her bizarre dreams, only this one's much more real.

"Yooooou", says the Emperor "I've seen you. Let me see your face," he says, getting closer to Joan. "You are the one from my dreams...."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

3:20 am

"... as for what you have done, that is not what you will be remembered for..."

The Emperor rambles about how he's seen her before. He seems to know her, and obviously, this leaves Joan stunned. Surprised. Surprised at this interruption of her jail sentence. The Emperor has apparently been targeted, she learns, and all his sons have been assassinated. A secret escape route which starts in her cell is being utilized, and the entire group now leaves her cell, after one of its stone walls slides into the floor.

"Stay out of our way, and you won't get hurt," says one of the soldiers as they all slip by.

Joan of Arkay initially obeys this command, even as the secret wall does not rise back up, leaving a large hole in the wall. I must serve my sentence, she thinks I should not leave. To end one's jail sentence early would not only be considered dishonorable, it would be illegal. But did not the Emperor himself provide every reason to doubt my captors? ... Hadn't he said (in so many words) that my sentence would now be pardoned? These are not ordinary circumstances, then.

Joan can see her jail cell (the iron door itself) is still locked, and she initially thinks of calling the guards so they can move her to another cell. But after much time, and a bit of hollering, no guards come. Nobody shows up. During all of this, the dark elf still stands in his cell across the hallway, silently watching her.

"What do you make of that?" Joan calls to him. "The Emperor and his personal guards just traipsed through my cell! ... How can this be?"

But he does not answer. Perhaps he is just as surprised as she is.

"Well, it cannot hurt if I follow a bit down this passage," Joan rationalizes. "If I get caught, so be it. The door is opened, as the expression goes. And did not the Emperor himself admit he had seen me within his dream?"

Dreams. The dreams. Had the Emperor been having the same dreams as she? Joan of Arkay's curiosity is piqued at this. She now makes her way out of her former jail cell, and down a dark, sloping passage towards her destiny.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 3 2021, 07:27 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 19 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks for starting this thread, Renee!

Wow, I doubt if Joan will be able to ignore it if someone, say, gives her jewelry to deliver. This should be good! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 19 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I've written it all up, the entire Tutorial, that is! Took me 6 hours. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this and make it inspired & fresh, but it reads pretty good. smile.gif I also think I'll be adding Kahreem's episodes here, since he's doing TG.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: May 19 2013, 04:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 19 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

Joan of Arkay! Brilliant! After you play her in Oblivion, she should journey to Skyrim and join the Dawnguard.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 20 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 19 2013, 12:14 PM) *

Joan of Arkay! Brilliant! After you play her in Oblivion, she should journey to Skyrim and join the Dawnguard.

Not a bad idea. smile.gif I am eventually gonna do the MQ in that game.

I have to figure out a way to make those pictures smaller. Good lord they are huge, now that I'm on a real computer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 22 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Now here is the second part of Joan's Tutorial story. Turns out the writing was going well for me detail-wise, which means there will be a Part III as well.

Morndas, 1:57 PM, Last Seed 27, 3E433

IPB Image

Stone walls, cool air, and darkness. It is so dark down here. Joan of Arkay sneaks slowly down a passageway, over some stairs, and emerges into a larger chamber. The sound of the people who just passed through her cell? These sounds can no longer be heard. Joan simply walked out of her cell, by means of a large hole in the wall; a hole opened by one of the soldiers who passed through.

As she sneaks along, her mind is confused and scattered, trying to make sense of it all.

Am I free from jail? Am I really free?

She does not remember why she was incarcerated in the first place. Probably, it had to do with an altercation she had with another citizen. This 'altercation' (an argument of faith) is the last thing Joan can remember before waking up in jail.

Might I need to serve the balance of my sentence? Whatever it may have been? And what of the soldiers up ahead? What of them? They are guiding the Emperor Uriel Septim through some sort of 'escape route'. ...And I am to follow them, with casualness and ease?

Joan's term had only consisted of a few minutes before the Emperor and his posse showed up.

They did not just make a showing, though, the Emperor stopped on his rendezvous. Stopped and had a chat. A chat with little ol' me!

The Emperor said many things to Joan, while the guards could barely hold their patience. A couple of these guards seemed ready to pounce upon her, should Uriel give his command. They wanted to kill her, she could see it in their eyes.

As Joan sneaks further and further into darkness, the air becomes cooler. Eventually she senses the presence of danger up ahead. A skittering of feet upon the stone floor. Wearing cheap clothes with no weapon to speak of, she readies her fists, and focuses her mind upon one of the only spells she knows.

------------------------------------------------

3:16 pm

SHING!

"Protect the Emperor!"
"OOOF! OOOH AAH!"

There's a battle up ahead! Joan hides back behind a wall for a moment, lest she be caught. But nobody notices her. They're too preoccupied by what appears to be an ambush of some sort. Red robed figures challenge the Emperor's guards, and these figures fall one by one. As they do so, Joan notices puffs of red mist burst into the air, as their spirits are claimed by Arkay.

"HAAA!" *clink!* "Jaaah!"

Suddenly, its over. The commotion is done. The Emperor and his guards gather for a moment and discuss their next move.

"We must keep going, sire!"

"Captain Renault... she's dead. I'm sorry...." says one of them. And more words are spoken while Joan hides in shadow, words that she can't hear from her hiding spot. Then, they all decide they'll press on ahead.

"They won't be the first to underestimate...." a Redguard's voice trails off.

"I'll take the front. Let's move!" says an Imperial.

Joan spends a moment cowering in the darkness. She's only wearing jail clothes and a pair of cheap sandals, after all. But she eventually gathers her courage, and sneaks forward once more. Then, a problem: one of the guards is up ahead, causing her to freeze.

Has he noticed her? ....Apparently not. After a minute he or so, he decides to move on.

squeak SQUEAK!

But Joan has other problems: the sound of a sewer rat up ahead, for instance. The guard may have missed her, but these rats do not. Stepping out of her crouching position, Joan readies one of the only spells she knows, and throws it.. FFFFWUUMM! ...she manages a direct hit on the first rat, killing it instantly. She misses the second rat, though.

SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK

The rat jumps upon her shoulder, biting bare flesh.

"AGH! UGH!"

But after a few blows with her fists, she manages to kill the heathenish creature.

Joan leaves her fists bared, ready for more, but they do not come. Apparently, she is now alone. She puts her fists down, and crouches once again. But then, she remembers the other spell she knows from her schooling, one which would heal her back to full health. She focuses on this spell in her mind's eye, and nurses herself back with Mara's love.

------------------------------------------------

4:41 pm
Joan comes upon fallen bodies, and finds several items she thinks she might need, just in case more enemies lie ahead: potions carried by the red-robed ambushers, and a torch as well. She'll definitely need this torch.

She also initially grabs an Akaviri-styled sword which must have belonged to the dead guard, "Captain Renault" had been her name. The craftsmanship of this particular sword is ornate, Joan can see. This isn't just a cheap item forged in an hour, whoever made it took some time.

"Purely pretty, stones and city, Arkay watcheth over thee. Can take ye a yard, take ye a mile. Buried, safe, and free"...

...Joan says, waving her hands in prayer over the fallen guard. Was this one of the guards who had wanted to kill her only an hour earlier? ... She doesn't know, and it does not matter now. After saying prayers, Joan places the guard's sword into her arms, and instead takes a lesser shortsword (one which had perhaps been forged in an hour) from this guard's belt.

5:31 pm
The torch she's found immediately comes in handy; Joan lights it and snuffs it, as situation calls. She comes to a door straight ahead, but this door is locked. The Emperor's crew must have gone through already, leaving her behind.

"Drats. What now?"

After wondering (once again) whether she should just go back to her cell, she notices a break in a nearby wall. It's a fissure that's been blasted through at some point, and Joan sees another chamber lies beyond. She manages to squeeze through the fissure, then quickly lights her torch, scanning the room for enemies. Not seeing any, she notices a low chest on her right.

This chest yields a small amount of gold and an axe. Joan takes the gold, but leaves the axe behind, already preferring her iron shortsword. After another rat-attack, she finds more items of use: a leather cuirass, armored boots, a gemstone, and several lockpicks. Joan barely knows how to use these devices of thievery, but she takes them anyways.

As she comes to a doorway, she finds something she's only read and heard about, but never seen: a goblin. Thank goodness he is not a live goblin; he looks as if he would have been fierce and merciless, had he been alive. Joan finds a key on this goblin, and takes a couple magical scrolls as well, just in case.

"Am I making this official, my break from jail?" Joan asks for guidance, still concerned about her sentence. "Here goes".

IPB Image

Joan opens the door, and steps through to darkness.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 3 2021, 07:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 24 2013, 03:17 AM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

You're really bringing Joan to life, Renee. goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 24 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 23 2013, 10:17 PM) *

You're really bringing Joan to life, Renee. goodjob.gif

Excellent, glad to hear this.

I gotta say, my stories have more of an audience at Beth's forums, but I like the way they actually look here better, especially the text formatting & pictures.

Anyways, thanx. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: May 24 2013, 04:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 3 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Now for Part III of Joan's Tutorial story. I meant to get some Kahreem of Weet into this thread (Kahreem's tales carry more humor), but for now, it's all Joanie.

I am not sure if I got any new pics or not. What happens is: I usually take them via cell camera, then I email them to myself. The pic then gets saved to a computer file, and I grab it and put it into Photobucket. Then I edit it, if necessary. Needless to say, this is a lot of steps, and I don't always remember if I've got any pics stored away or not until I visit this one computer.

So for now, no pics. But they may be coming.

Last Seed 28, 1:42 am

As she makes her way from chamber to chamber, Joan eventually starts to gain confidence, especially now that she's wearing armor. She stops crouching and starts walking, her new sword at the ready in her right hand, and a torch carried in her left. She finds food, magical scrolls, and lots of items down here, way too many to carry, so she selects those which seem most suitable. She eventually trades her leather armor for iron, for instance.

Hours go by. Joan of Arkay faces horrors she's only read about in books. Not just rats, but also undead and goblins. She had no idea what in Oblivion the first zombie she encountered actually was as it rushed towards her. It had been chasing a couple of rats, though, so she managed to destroy it with just a few blows, as it was pre-distracted. Being a former resident of Vvardenfell, she had become accustomed to its creatures and monsters. Cyrodiil's already seemed different, but no less dangerous.

She eventually winds up in a rather cavernous room guarded by several goblins. Three of these are rid by a combination of flame spells and blind sword swings. The final one is a wizard, and takes a bit more strategy. This one wields a staff which can throw lightning, so Joan initially runs back into a passage, ducks behind a wall, and throws a few fire-balls at this final goblin.

Once she has proclaimed victory, Joan carefully searches this final room, and then finds a door which leads into yet another section of underground territory. This one is much less of a cave, though; the stones here are rectangular and bluish-white. This is the Imperial City's underground, perhaps.

She thinks she hears voices ... up ahead.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tirdas, 2:17 pm

*pic*

"We should find a defensible spot until we find help for the Emperor," says an Imperial, as Joan finds yet another wall to step through. Yes. She had thought she heard voices, and they are definitely coming from somewhere in front of her. Joan pauses, and then makes the small leap onto the floor below.

"What makes you think help will come ..."

"HERE THEY COME AGAIN!"

Once again, there is the sound of weapons being drawn, as the guards find themselves in another battle. Hours ago, Joan was a weakling; a mouse who had no place with these people. But she's now better prepared for a fight. She decides to run to the commotion, draws her blade, and jumps down to assist.

"FAIR THEE WELL, MISCREANT!" she yells and charges.

"WHY .. WON'T YOU ...."!

"Oooogh!"

Joan sees the Emperor up ahead, but the fight itself is in another room. As the last of the red-robed enemies is dealt with, one of the guards runs behind the Emperor, and draws his blade.

"Dammit it's that prisoner again. KILL HER! .... she might be working with the assassins!"

These words weigh heavy in the air with pause. But as Joan fears the worst, the Emperor then speaks.

"No ... she can help us. She must help us."

"As you wish, sire," says one of the guards in deference and maybe a little annoyance. He sheathes his blade in disappointment, it seems.

"Yeas, I am here to assist," says Joan to all of them. "I come without harm. I have made my way past enemies of horror, fighting goblins and zombies and rats. ...least of all I can do is join the likes of you now."

Joan says this, and at the last moment realizes she's forgotten all about her former jail term. Having fights with multiple enemies in near-darkness can perhaps cause such forgetfulness, after all.

"Um. If you will have me, as such. I walked out of jail, yes, but there was an open wall for me to do so. And might we survive this ordeal, I would of certain make return, and finish up my sentence."

But the Emperor ignores Joan's words. Instead he walks to her as she still stands above him on a short wall. "They cannot understand why I trust you" he says to her. "They've not seen what I've seen. How can I explain?"

"Uh"... Joan starts to disagree. Despite her newfound iron armor & weapons, she starts feeling mousy again. The Emperor speaks directly to her, once again. This frightens her.

"Listen, you know the Nine? How they guide our fates with an invisible hand?"

"Yes! The Nine. You speak of the Nine Divines, who guide and protect us as we might fail."

"I've served the Nine all my days, and chart my course by the cycles of the heavens. The skies are marked with numberless sparks, each a fire, and every one a sign," the Emperor rambles. "I know these stars well and I wonder ... which sign marked your birth?"

"I am of The Ritual, sire. Born under the stars which confer the healing love of Mara, and Blessed Words of Arkay."

"The signs I read show the end of my path," continues Uriel. "....my death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."

"You speak of your divine end? And what of such?"

"Your stars are not mine. The Ritual shall speed you upon your star-ridden path."

"But what of you, sire?"

"No trophies of my triumphs precede me, but I have lived well, and my spirit shall persist. Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. In this, I am blessed to see the hour of my death. ... To face my apportioned fate, then fall."

"No! This cannot be!" Joan says, honestly shocked. "You know of your very end?"

"My dreams grant me no opinion of success. Their compass ventures not beyond the doors of death. But in your face, I behold the sun's companion. The dawn of Akatosh's bright glory may banish the coming darkness. With such hope, and with the promise of your aide, my heart must be satisfied".

"Go on..." Joan says, not sure what else to say. The Emperor orates his very thoughts, and to me? she thinks wildly once again. Why to me?

"I go to my grave, a tongue shriller than all the music of Mehrune's Dagon calls me. You shalt follow me yet for a while, then we must part."

With these words, the Emperor turns and walks away, leaving Joan speechless.

"You may as well make yourself useful, Here. Carry this torch and stay close," says a Redguard guard.

"Erm ... Thank you," says Joan. She already has two torches on her person, but she awkwardly grabs this third one.

Always trying to please, Joan of Arkay would have this no other way. She would carry ten torches if the Emperor or his bodyguards wished this so.

The former prisoner thinks of inquiring about her jail term once again. Should she ask about it? No, this is nonsense. The Emperor has spoken, and he wants her with them.

"Who are you, anyways?"

"We're the Emperor's body guards, our job is to get him out of situations like this.... although I admit, things are not going according to plan".

"I see. Let us carry on, then", Joan suggests.

"Hold this torch and stay close", suggests Baurus the Redguard. "Let us do our jobs".

"Will do".

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"The Emperor's in danger!"

"PROTECT THE EMPEROR!!!"

More red-robed assassins present themselves, and they are rid one by one. Joan feels a moment of pride as she herself cuts one of these miscreants from existence, right before the Emperor and his Blades.

"I've still got my eye on you, prisoner," warns one of the other guards after the short melee is finished.

....Prisoner...

There it is, and the debate is final, in Joan's mind. I am still a prisoner, despite the Emperor's words of consolence. So be it... I will need to make my way back to a guard should we survive this mess, then I will present myself for re-arrest. 'Tis done, and 'tis final.

4:53 pm

"Looks clear. We're almost through the sewers", says the Imperial guard, the one that had warned Joan earlier. But as the four of them press on, they find that a nearby gate is locked and they haven't got the key.

"Dammit! The gate is locked from the other side!"

"What about that side passage back there?" asks the Redguard.

"Worth a try! Let's go!"

Joan lets the guards walk with the Emperor into another room, while she stands guard, in case more assassins are in hiding.

"It's a dead-end, what's your call sir?"

"I don't know. I don't see any good options here. "

After a final check of the room she is in, Joan decides there will no be no follow attack. She joins the others

creeeak!

...but they are attacked, yet again...

"They're behind us!"

"Wait here with the Emperor", says Baurus. "Guard him with your life."

A furious battle ensues...

"GUARD THE EMPEROR" clink! clash!

"... FOR THE EMPEROR!!!"

..but just before it does, the Emperor takes Joan aside, and has another chat.

"I can go no further. You alone must stand against the Prince of Destruction and his mortal servants. He must not have the Amulet of Kings!"

"Amulet of Kings? Prince of Darkness?"

"Here, take this. Give this amulet to Jauffre", says the Emperor, shocking Joan yet again as he slips a large red jeweled necklace from his neck and into her palm. ..." He alone knows where to find my last son. Find him, and close shut the jaws of Oblivion!"

"You chose a bad day, to take up the cause with the Septims!" says somebody from the next room.

"FOR THE DRAGONFIRE!"

One assassin manages to make it into the room she is in. As Joan starts to attack him, she realizes the Emperor lies to her left, already slain. This final assassin is dealt with quickly though. By the Redguard who had previously asked her to carry a torch. ...and it is this Redguard who finds himself awkwardly alone with Joan moments later.

"Oh..no .. Talos save us!" says Baurus, before turning to her. "We've failed, I'VE failed, The Blades are sworn to protect the Emperor, and now he and all his heirs are DEAD!"

"It happened so fast, I turned for a moment, and he was already down!"

Joan realizes she might find herself at fault here. She's had some training with weapons in her past, but is certainly not as fit a fighter as the Redguard before him. Suddenly, he is on her, accusing her...

"Where's the Amulet? I don't see it on his body!"

"I have it. He gave it to me, and claimed I must go to somebody named Jeffrey.

"Strange ... he saw something in you," Baurus says, now calm and realizing. "He trusted you. They say it is the Dragon Blood which flows in the veins of every Septim..."

After some dialogue, Joan updates Baurus on the facts, and Baurus also chooses to update Joan. Not only did the Emperor give her the Amulet of Kings, he also told her about a final Septim heir. He then relayed that 'Jeffrey' is actually 'Jauffre', a monk living quietly near Chorrol in a place called Weynon Priory. Being a devout follower of the Nine, in direct service of Arkay himself, Joan has heard of this Priory, though she's never been there. Baurus tells her a little about Jauffre, then gives her a key* to "the sewers".

"Sewers?"

"There are rats and goblins down there, but from what I've seen of you, they'll be no match. Say, what sort of class have you been bred with? .... You must be a monk, right?"

"A monk? Well I'm afraid not. I'd feel my training back in Vvardenfell perhaps directed me towards the abilities of a cleric."

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed. Still, I don't think you'll have any trouble with rats and goblins," says Baurus.

Suddenly, Joan realizes the other guard, the one who had called her "prisoner", is no longer around. Was he slain? ... "But what of you? ... And what of I? Am I to carry out my jail sentence upon re-emergence into society?"

"You must get the Amulet to Jauffre," says Baurus. "Take no chances, but proceed to Weynon Priory immediately. Got it?"

Joan, a loyal Cleric in service of Arkay, certainly does.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 3 2021, 07:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 4 2013, 12:21 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 3 2013, 05:54 PM) *

Not exactly. Remember, the assassins only got in the little room through a secret panel. The key Baurus has is to the sewer grate beyond, which is also accessible by the gate that was blocked off. You can walk right up to the gate if you just take a right rather than a left to go to the sewer. So clearly B was expecting to go through that gate, then use the key to open the sewer entrance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 5 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 3 2013, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 3 2013, 05:54 PM) *

Not exactly. Remember, the assassins only got in the little room through a secret panel. The key Baurus has is to the sewer grate beyond, which is also accessible by the gate that was blocked off. You can walk right up to the gate if you just take a right rather than a left to go to the sewer. So clearly B was expecting to go through that gate, then use the key to open the sewer entrance.

Ah. I see. smile.gif Yeah, I see what you're saying, makes sense.

I remember there was some thread over at the home forums about Baurus being a double-crosser, that's where my realization came from.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 7 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

editing story brb

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 8 2013, 12:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 8 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Renee, put Kareem's story back! I saw it on my phone and then came back to read on a real device. What happened to him?? tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 8 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 8 2013, 06:36 AM) *

Renee, put Kareem's story back! I saw it on my phone and then came back to read on a real device. What happened to him?? tongue.gif

Something very strange happened: I kinda lost inspiration! blink.gif Scared me a bit, to be honest. His stories usually post up with very little effort, and they wind up packed with moments of humor, and for some reason I couldn't get this yesterday.

He is in Leyawiin right now. I'm just gonna game until he finds who he is supposed to find. Maybe the 'magic' will just sorta show up again.

You're a writer, too. I'm sure you've had moments like this. I guess you could say yesterday was one of my first ones. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 8 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no! Yeah, I get what you mean completely. I thought you had it written and were just fixing typos or something. It's definitely true that not every moment in the game speaks as loudly. Hopefully the magic will come back. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 8 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you for your concern, Grits. You are awesome. smile.gif

I think I got my problem solved. So now I present Leyawiin.

Where we left off: the Kahreem of Weet is off to Leyawiin, to retrieve a ring belonging to a Khajiit woman. Leyawiin is the last town he has not visited here in Cyrodiil. He is looking forward to visiting here, and hopes his luck with thievery is a bit better than it was in Bravil.

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Class: Bandit
Faction: Thieves Guild

Days Passed: 61

Bounty: 5
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Frost Fall 26, 12:32 pm

"This is a rather strange task I've been given. Steal a ring which was already stolen? And the stolen ring belonged to another Thieves Guild member? ... something like that anyways."

The day is fair and sunny, and Kahreem of Weet speaks to himself as he rides slowly along. Birds sing and cicadas rattle. He did not exactly take notes from S'krivva, his contact in Bravil, so he is having a little trouble remembering what to do.

"Steal a ring. From some cat-lady named A'dharji or someone or some other. Sounds fun. I wonder if I'll be able to pull it off. Hah! Course I will, I'm the Weet Bandit! .....

.... Ahhh drats!"

The day had started off fair and sunny, but now the sky darkens. Within minutes, it is raining. And that's not all: a plethora of boars, then wolves, and then bandits attempt to mar his journey. Good thing he's got a horse, and can easily outrun them all. He dismounts and battles with a couple bandits he passes by though, looking for easy gold or treasure. These guys have nothing of value, unfortunately.

3:28 pm
Kahreem passes through a small hamlet of just three cottages, and walks by an Imperial guard going in the opposite direction. The guard looks wildly at the Redguard, and for a moment Kahreem fears yet another confrontation...

"Hail citizen. How can I be of service?"

"Uhh, I am Vincent the Spice Merchant, come down from Bruma. Just riding along to Leyawiin to trade the rest. Lavender and cardamon and St. John's wort, you know, that sort of thing...."

Kahreem is relieved when the guard simply turns away from him in mid-sentence. Yeah .... whatever.... his facial expression seems to suggest as he dismisses the Redguard without interest.

Kahreem knows he's got a bounty on his head. Must be a low one.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

4:37 pm

"I can't sell you any horseflesh. You'll have to go inside and talk to Cat-Face," greets Leyawiin's stablehand, a Khahiit named Atahba.

"Not to worry, cat-person. Here, have some gold."

"This better be good".

"Watch over my horse, will ya? It's the bay over there. Been riding all over Cyrodiil, seeking out ingredients to make some spice. Pleased to meet you, I am Vincent the Spice Maker."

"Not now, not later, not ever!" the stablehand says, annoyed.

But then, a problem. Kahreem reaches into his coinpurse, and realizes he hasn't even got enough coin to tip the stablehand! He finds just one coin in his coinpurse. A single gold coin. And that's all!*

"Ummm ... sorry. Uhhh Forgot about the bandits. I was robbed! Yeah .... I was robbed, that's it!" He then turns to a nearby Leyawiin guard. "Guard, they took all my money!" Kahreem says, doing a bit of mock-drama. "Go out and arrest them!"

"Oh please. Just go away."

"I'm gone."

5:22 pm
Kahreem enters the great western gate of Leyawiin as the rain finally starts to clear. He finds an inn on his left called the Five Claws Lodge, and digs further into his coinpurse.

Just...one ...gold!

How can this be?

Desperate for more, he walks around the town until he's got enough mushrooms and flowers he can sell to whatever general goods store there is in Leyawiin. He feels a bit disgraced while doing this (collecting herbs and mushrooms is elve's work!) but he also realizes that to live up to his new claim of being a "spice merchant", it wouldn't hurt to have some actual ingredients on his person to back this story up.

.... He eventually finds a place he can do business with (Best Goods and Guarantees!) and sells these items. He winds up with exactly ten gold, and is now able to rent a room in the Five Claws.

"I hear that Dagail knows a lot about Mysticism. And sheep," an Argonian woman says as Kahreem puts his things away in a dresser.

"I don't understand the fascination with sheep," another voice replies. "Certainly seems to know everything about Mysticism, though."

"Take care."

"Goodbye."

Karheem pauses. Mysticism and sheep?... What is that, some sort of code? He wonders if it is.

9:52 pm

"I'm Otomeel. But I didn't do anything, really! It wasn't meeee!"

.... An Argonian man walks abruptly into Kahreem's room, just as Kahreem is sitting down for a meal. "Haahaha ! No! Really! It wasn't meee! Never!" he babbles.

"Hey, you can't just walk in here like that! You have about two seconds to GET out of my room, lizard-man, before I clock you one."

"I ask myself.. Do I like you enough to tell you about thisss?" the lizard-man asks.

Kahreem pauses. "GET out of my room, scaly one!! OUT!" but the Argonian does not move. "Okay, you asked for this. Think I might just make a new coinpurse out of your skin!"

Kahreem picks out his rusty iron daggar, a weapon he's owned since escaping from a sewer long ago. He then starts swinging! "HAA ho!!!" clink clink... but the fight doesn't last long before it's all over.

"STOP! You violated the laaaaw!" says a guard. That man showed up in less than 10 seconds, Kahreem notices. "Since you lack the funds to pay for your crime, I'm taking you into custody. Your stolen goods are now forfeit!"

Kahreem regards his decision for a moment. Jail or flee? He doesn't want to run. He just got here after all. But if he goes to jail, he'll (no doubt) lose a few stolen things on his person. On the other hand, he knows he has just put away several things in his room's dresser. No doubt a lot of good things (stolen iron gauntlets and other such items) are already safely stored.

"Ahh okay. Let's go to jail, then."

"Hope you raaawt, criminal scum."

shink!

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 03:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 8 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh, Dagail and sheep! That finally makes sense to me. Not much of a spoiler, just a detail about another NPC. But just in case you don’t want to know:

He did not exactly take notes from S'krivva, his contact in Bravil, so he is having a little trouble remembering what to do.

Lol. And there may have been Cheap Wine…

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 9 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 8 2013, 01:13 PM) *

Oh my gosh, Dagail and sheep! That finally makes sense to me. Not much of a spoiler, just a detail about another NPC. But just in case you don’t want to know:

It's just the way that NPC says this so carefully that it sounds as if the "mysticism and sheep" is really a code for something else, but you may be on to something with Dagail's brother.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 23 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

I haven't been posting Kahreem here lately, so here is where I left off: the Kahreem of Weet is now in Leyawiin, on a quest to find a stolen ring. He arrived into town, rented a room at the Five Claws Lodge, and then got into a brawl with an Argonian who simply walked into his room. Kahreem was quickly arrested, and now resides in ... one of his favorite places.

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Class: Bandit
Faction: Thieves Guild

Days Passed: 63

Bounty: 85
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Frost Fall 28, 5:06 am

"Back in jail, once again."

Kahreem's bounty this time is 85 gold, which means his stay should be short.

"One thing good about my stay this time is I'm clearing the air. I'M CLEARING THE AIR!" he shouts into a nearby hallway, getting a little stir-crazy. "Gonna settle up my debts here in Leyawiin, and start with a clean slate! No bounty upon my head! .... Then, it'll be 'back to work', back to collecting ingredients and grinding them into spices!"

Kahreem's newest ploy (as a newcomer in this town) is to play the part of a "spice merchant". It's an idea that occured to him on the journey south, as he noticed a blonde wood elf at one point picking mushrooms. She would no doubt sell some of these mushrooms, or mix them into potions, and then make a nice profit. Why couldn't a Redguard like him also have such a profession? ....

"I travel a lot; who's to say I can't be a spice merchant?" he says to himself. "How hard can it be?"

But Kahreem knows better. Being a "spice merchant" takes work. Lots of hard work. Riding or walking all over the place, collecting leaves, herbs, flowers, etc., evading enemies all the while. As a practicing thief, Kahreem of Weet tries to 'work' as little as possible.

"Come on..come on...what's for breakfast?" he moans as a guard walks by without a glance. His tummy grumbles, and so he lies down on the floor, waiting for his meal. As he thinks of breakfast, he remembers the Argonian he attacked the day before. The Argonian who just barged into his room without knocking.

"Fokke. Oatmeal. What kind of a name is that for an Argonian? Almost sounds like a breakfast food."

Morndas, 5:23 am
Rain pours down in sheets as the Weet Bandit is released from jail the next day. It feels good, this warm rain, after hours in that crummy dungeon.

"It's you. Hi," greets a guard.

Kahreem of Weet does not greet back. He walks a few paces up a causeway, and starts dropping his itchy jail clothes along the way. Shoes and shirt are both discarded, right in the street.

"Lucky for me, they don't seem to have taken much stuff."

He studies his inventory. He still has his rusty sewer daggar. Still has his enchanted boots, his leather sewer breast plate, and a few other assorted items (foodstuffs and lockpicks). He was lucky to have not had too many stolen things on his person when he was arrested.

As the rain falls, he makes his way back to the Five Claws, hoping his stuff is still stored in the dresser in which he left it all. .... Unfortunately he is out of gold! ... He cannot even rent a room. So he must break into his former room at the Five Claws.

Once inside the inn, he does just this: he manages to sneak inside his former room, picking its 3-tumbler lock, while Witseidutsei (the lizard-woman who runs the place) is engaged in a conversation about goblins. All his things are still where he left them. Good.

"Gotta get out of this dump".

On his cursory tour around Leyawiin a day or two earlier, Kahreem had noticed a more upscale establishment, and he decides he'll stay here instead. Upscale places usually gave the buyer his own room, far away from the common areas. This room would not be invaded by any random tavern-goers.

"No Argonians named Oatmeal just breaking in, babbling nonsense while I'm just trying to sit down to a nice meal. For Nocturnal's sake!"

'Vincent the Spice Merchant' begins to skulk around Leyawiin, looking for things to pick and sell, like some humble wood elf, trying to fatten his man-purse as best he can. ... After several hours, he thinks he's got enough. He sells these 'spice ingredients' to Gundalas at Best Goods and Guarantees: sprigs of lavender, mushrooms, and aloe leaves. He thinks he has enough to rent a room, but is still not sure. So Kahreem/Vincent then sacrifices a couple of scrolls he bought up in the Imperial City, and winds up with a total of 32 gold.

"Take care, please ... come again," Gundalas says cheerfully.

"Yeah, well us spice merchants are always working hard to bring only the best ingredients to the citizens of Cyrodiil. Take care!"

Kahreem now heads to the Three Sisters Inn, hoping he's got enough gold to rent a room.

"Have you ever placed any bets with J'bari?" asks a cat-lady as Karheem enters the inn.

"He pays his debts," replies a second cat-lady. "...but his love of dogs is just ... odd. I've heard he leaves meat in his backyard to attract them."

"Have you heard any..."

"Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, I am Vincent the Spice Merchant. I am new here in Leyawiin. Pleased to meet you."

"Well you've found the Three Sisters Inn," greets the cat-lady on the left. "Beds and food. Nawwt cheap, but you get what you pay for. I'm Shuravi, the sister-that-works-and worries. Shamada is sweet and decorative. Shomara is dumb as a post. But she can cook, at least."

"What is it with all the cat-people and lizards down here?" Kahreem says, noticing that other than a few guards and the elves who run Best Goods, he has not seen a single other type of humanoid so far.

"Blackwood Company is putting the Fighter's Guild to shame," Shuvari answers. "They're a new mercenary company, competing with the guild. Beast people and other savages. Work cheap and fast. No job too tough.' Not fussy, either. Fighters Guild better watch out..."

"Well, have you got a bed? Gotta have somewhere to put all my spices, ya know."

"I have just the thing for you. A lovely suite on the second floor. It's a steal at only 40 gold a night. Interested?"

After all his "work", collecting ingredients around Leyawiin, Karheem/Vincent is dismayed to find he still hasn't got enough gold. It's settled then: work does not pay. He's tried it, and he's apparently not very good at it. To make a living at being a spice merchant, he would need to collect a lot of ingredients, apparently.

He makes a sacrifice, selling a bottle of poison for 11 gold. Now, he can finally afford his room.*

"I'll take it."

"Of course you will. You'd be silly not to. It's just up the stairs and down the hall on the East wing. All the comforts of home."

"Thank you!" Vincent/Karheem says, trying to be as pleasant as possible. He then heads upstairs to his rented room.

2:43 pm

"Ahh, now THIS is much better."

It's is a double room. A Cyrodiilic suite, in comparison to the smelly old Five Claws. He immediately scatters his things (armor and Sewer Club and whatnot) all over the room, then he sits down and has some food, and a bottle of Cheap Wine. It's been several days since he's had any wine, so now it's time to celebrate.

Tirdas, 8:11 am

"Hey."
"Hi there."

"Did you hear about A'darji picking another fight with an Argonian?"

"She's ridiculous! I don't know what her problem is, always trying to start something."

"Hi there."

"Have you seen the Derrics recently? They're always bickering with one another."

"They argue a lot, but that's just their way. I don't think they're really ever angry at one another."

"Have you heard any word about the other provinces?...."

The next morning, as two of the three sisters are deep in conversation, Kahreem makes his way back outside, wearing his new (and stolen) set of clothes: a black and gold outfit. This is a little over-the-top, since his mission today is to see about finding a beggar to speak to.

"Beggars are the eyes and ears of the Thieves Guild," he mutters.

But he has chosen these clothes because (as a spice merchant) he wants people to see he is doing well. He is a businessman, after all. A buyer/seller. Right?

As he walks back towards the Five Claws, he spies somebody who might be a beggar. It's a white man wearing grungy clothes.

"Afternoon," he says.

Nope. Not a beggar. Real beggars always ask for coin, after all. The next person he sees is a Khajiit, standing just outside the Five Claws.

"I'm savin' up enough for some medicine," Rancid Ra'dirsha greets.

"You are? Well have some coin, beggar."

"Thank you kind sir!"

"Why save up for some medicine when you can just steal it from the Mage's Guild?" he wonders. "Anyways, listen, car-lady. I need to know anything you can tell me about a stolen ring? Ignore my fancy clothes, I am Thieves Guild. I have been sent here from Bravil. S'krivva sent me. I am supposed to find somebody named Ahdarji. Something like that."

At mention of S'krivva, Rancid Ra'dirsha's ears perk upwards. "I know of her. What's it worth, to you?"

"I've got some coin."

"She lives on the west side of town," Ra'dirsha informs. "She is fond of the Three Sisters Lodge in the eveining but takes her midday meal at the Five Claws."

"Good. Now go get yourself something to eat, you and your fur look awful."

"Blessings of Arkay upon you."

With this information, Kahreem wastes no time. It is just about midday, Ahdarji should be inside the Five Claws.

1:53 pm

"This scent is fowwwwl," greets Otumeel, the Argonian who Kahreem previously attacked two days prior. Fortunately for Otumeel, Kahreem of Weet doesn't know one Argonian from the next.

A Khajiit also stands by. "It looks thievy to this one," she says.

"Thievy?"

Kahreem follows this Khajiit outside, so they can speak freely, without their words being heard by the entire Five Claws.

IPB Image

"Hello. I am Vincent. I'm Thieves Guild."

"Why does the prey approach me?"

"You .... mentioned the Thieves Guild. Am I right? I've been sent here from S'krivva. Something about a missing ring. I'm dressed like spice merchant, but I'm actually a thief." Kahreem smirks.

"Yes. A filthy Argonian stole my precious ring. It was a gift from my mate. It has... sentimental value. I will pay well. The stupid lizard hunts with the name Amusei. Find him, find my ring. Make him suffer! Kill him and I will be pleased."

"Kill him? You don't say?"* Kahreem smiles.

"Stupid guild rules! He is only an Argonian. He is less than human, and much less than Khajiit. If you must spare him, at least make him suffer."

As Ahdarji says this, another citizen (a human) walks by, so she suddenly brightens up her voice, and changes the subject. .. "So many greenskins here .... they smell. Do they not? Ahdarji won't drink the water, no. The Argonians SWIM in it."

Kahreem tries, but gets no other information about the Argonian Ahdarji speaks of.

"Ahh drats. Well, guess I'll ask the Rancid beggar again," he says, already dreading it's gonna cost more gold.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 04:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 24 2013, 02:41 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

i re-made Kayla in Oblivion...

She made it out of the sewers okay, but had yet to reach the Imperial City for shelter, as she's been attacked by 14 wolves, 8 bandits, and two thieves on the road XD

She's a bit tired.

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:37 AM