Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 124 125 126 127 128 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Lopov
post Nov 27 2018, 11:30 AM
Post #2501

Master
Group Icon

Don't forget to talk to Doc Mitchell as well.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 29 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #2502

Knower
Group Icon

Oh, wow! Renee is starting NV as well. That is so cool! smile.gif

Have you played NV before or at least part of it? I will need to be careful so as to not spoil your quests. smile.gif

Linda Hand is an awesome name! Works quite well with Jackson Bird actually. laugh.gif

NV has some crazy characters and factions to interact with. Good luck!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 29 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #2503

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks WW. Yes, that's why I like that name Jackson Bird a lot, because they both have names which are kinda catchy.

NO I only started New Vegas this past summer, so I'm totally n00by here. My first character is Karen Aboucha and as it turned out, she had absolutely zero interest in quests. She basically roamed around the Goodsprings area like a scavenger, while I got used to the game. Linda on the other hand is supposed to have a very helpful personality, and as you've seen she's already getting involved.

As Lopov knows well, I have a poor memory so if you happen to splurge some quest details, I'll try to blur my eyes and forget whatever I just read.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 30 2018, 04:10 AM
Post #2504

Mouth
Group Icon

More Mojave Meanderings with Mariah!

Recon 2: Gauss Rifle Boogaloo

All Legionaries Must Die!

Did I Mention I Love Killing Legionaries?

So Much for Brotherhood... (What was strange about this was when the four paladins were waiting outside after Veronica and I talked to Elder McNamara, they didn't say anything. I actually got sort of a jumpscare because I didn't expect them to be right in front of me. It wasn't until I came back to the bunker that they attacked us. Got a Gatling Laser out of it, so I guess I can't complain too much.)

Sucks to Suck, Lucullus

The Smell of Burnt Viper in the Morning

The Not-So-Lucky 38

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 30 2018, 04:15 AM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 30 2018, 10:27 AM
Post #2505

Master
Group Icon

You sure she likes killing legionnaires? I don't see in the pics that she'd have anything against them. wink.gif biggrin.gif

Go for it, Mariah!

You're taking screenies from interesting angles so I sometimes have to think of where they were taken, although I'm quite familiar with most places in the Mojave. I mean this as a good thing of course!

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 30 2018, 10:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 30 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #2506

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like that guy lost his head over Mariah

Mariah is on a killing spree!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 30 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #2507

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 30 2018, 04:27 AM) *

You sure she likes killing legionnaires? I don't see in the pics that she'd have anything against them. wink.gif biggrin.gif

Go for it, Mariah!

You're taking screenies from interesting angles so I sometimes have to think of where they were taken, although I'm quite familiar with most places in the Mojave. I mean this as a good thing of course!

It was immensely satisfying wiping out Cottonwood Cove (especially Cursor Lucullus), especially with how misogynist they are. That'll teach Cursor to talk down to my character because she is a woman. Mostly was able to snipe them, but I did have to take a couple head-on. Although it likely would've taken a bunch of stimpaks, I kind of wish I had been more in-their-face on that killing spree so that they could see who was killing them.

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how these screenshots are turning out. But I still have a ways to go to get screenshots on everyone else's level here!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 30 2018, 09:21 AM) *

Looks like that guy lost his head over Mariah

Mariah is on a killing spree!

Can't blame him. She's an attractive woman. But maybe he should've also thought about not being an ardent supporter of such a sexist regime.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 1 2018, 09:41 AM
Post #2508

Knower
Group Icon

My current character in the Mojave is partial to the legionnaires so he is itching to extract revenge. laugh.gif

Great pics though. As Lopov has said- very neat angles. For some reason I love the last pic. There is something about the sitting posture in front of the slot machines that speaks volumes after all that killing. smile.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 3 2018, 01:12 AM
Post #2509

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 1 2018, 03:41 AM) *

My current character in the Mojave is partial to the legionnaires so he is itching to extract revenge. laugh.gif

Great pics though. As Lopov has said- very neat angles. For some reason I love the last pic. There is something about the sitting posture in front of the slot machines that speaks volumes after all that killing. smile.gif

Haha, well she just killed Caesar, so she's ready to tussle with your character anytime. biggrin.gif

Yeah, a very stark contrast to all the killing. She's great with guns. Slots...not so much. (I actually have yet to try any of the actual gambling games.)

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 3 2018, 01:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 6 2018, 04:07 AM
Post #2510

Mouth
Group Icon

So I just completed the Lonesome Road DLC. "Hate" might be a bit much and maybe I just need to cool off, but what the [censored]? Some [censored] in that DLC.

Satchel charges everywhere, which I constantly forgot about so I stepped on them repeatedly. Ulysses was absurdly [censored] powerful to the point that I had to reason with him to stop launching the missile instead of fighting him (fortunately, my speech was high enough). And then the Courier Mile was [censored] too with its irradiated deathclaws appearing out of nowhere and taking 3 or more shots each with a [censored] GAUSS RIFLE. Even when I could get the jump on them I got multiple times.

I was enjoying the DLC at first. It was a neat atmosphere, and there were a couple cool new weapons (although not so much for a couple of the other weapons that seemed cool at first). But towards the end, it was really pissing me off. Wow, I'm glad I finished it. I didn't realize how long I had been playing, but I was so frustrated that I just wanted to get all of it out of the way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 6 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #2511

Master
Group Icon

When I played LR for the first time years ago, my impressions were similar to yours. On later playthroughs I enjoyed it more. I've never again visited the Courier's Mile, only on my first playthrough, and on subsequent playthroughs I used a mod to make satchel charges less deadly.

Ulysses can be tough, depending on your skills and whether you succeed in disabling his robot allies and turning them against him.

I recommend playing LR again in a few years time, I think you'll like it more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 6 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #2512

Ancient
Group Icon

The only thing I really did not like about Lonesome Road was Obsidian decided that it was your character that destroyed The Divide in the first place. That really annoyed me to no end. I like to decide my character's past history, thank you very much. That is part of Role Playing.

That, and Ulysses would just not stop talking. I could not wait to kill him, just to shut him up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 7 2018, 12:43 AM
Post #2513

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 6 2018, 05:28 AM) *

When I played LR for the first time years ago, my impressions were similar to yours. On later playthroughs I enjoyed it more. I've never again visited the Courier's Mile, only on my first playthrough, and on subsequent playthroughs I used a mod to make satchel charges less deadly.

Ulysses can be tough, depending on your skills and whether you succeed in disabling his robot allies and turning them against him.

I recommend playing LR again in a few years time, I think you'll like it more.

I suppose so. What made you enjoy it more the second time around?

I tried to disable the eyebot generators but you need freaking 100 science! I know this is supposed to be hard stuff, but come on. I love a tough fight, but repeated eyebot generators, marked men spawning, and Ulysses constantly using stimpaks with that DT he has is just unfair. I was very fortunate to have that high of a speech skill.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 6 2018, 04:38 PM) *

The only thing I really did not like about Lonesome Road was Obsidian decided that it was your character that destroyed The Divide in the first place. That really annoyed me to no end. I like to decide my character's past history, thank you very much. That is part of Role Playing.

That, and Ulysses would just not stop talking. I could not wait to kill him, just to shut him up.

I wasn't a fan of it either. Obsidian makes that sort of backstory set in stone and gets praised, yet Bethesda gets berated for doing the same kind of thing in Fallout 4? I guess the latter is more of a rigid backstory than the former, but it still seems hypocritical.

And maybe I missed it, but who gave the Courier that package? For what reason? There is still a bunch that wasn't explained from what I remember, or maybe I just focused too much on my frustration. Seemed way too convenient a plot device just to make that story.

Save for the fight with Ulysses where he just incessantly talks while decimating you though, I actually liked hearing him talk just because the voice was so cool. I have a save left right before the elevator to go fight him, so maybe I will try killing him sometime later. I really don't want to leave him unbeaten after all that nonsense.

Also, just started the Honest Hearts DLC. I apparently killed an important NPC but I swear he attacked first. That or he looked like an enemy and it wasn't an obvious distinction. But I didn't realize that basically ruins the bulk of the DLC. I had no idea what was going on until I got the map and went back to the Northern Passage, so I wasted time and had to restart from before the expedition. I suppose it is partly my fault, but it didn't really give indication that it was a critical mistake. That was frustrating too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 7 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #2514

Mouth
Group Icon

My crankiness aside, here are some more pics from Mariah's adventures!

Flamewalker

Legion in Mariah's Sights

Legion, Meet Gauss Rifle

"Ave," B---h

My Throne Now

Welcome to The Divide

Courier: Agent of Death (I love the look of the riot gear)

Back To Vegas

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 7 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #2515

Ancient
Group Icon

Mariah is hot!

Ave magnetically-accelerated projectile!

I was half expecting to see Mariah sitting on the toilet in the throne pic! laugh.gif

One thing I liked about the Divide was how utterly ruined and devastated the place looked.

Mariah is ready to start a riot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 8 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #2516

Master
Group Icon

@RaderOfTheLostArk - I don't remember details but the NCR gave you the package, of this I'm sure. It was a remote detonator of some kind, containing codes for launching missiles. For what purpose? I don't know if it's even explained, maybe the NCR wanted to use those missiles against the Legion or anyone else that'd oppose them.

I enjoyed it more on subsequent playthroughs because I explored it more slowly. The first time I rushed through because like you, I couldn't wait to deal with Ulysses and leave the Divide. Also, I integrated the forced backstory to my characters but only to those who went to the Divide. If my characters aren't fateful couriers who destroyed the Divide, then I don't play Lonesome Road with them.

You probably killed Follows-Chalk, the friendly tribal. He jumps out of nowhere on a top of some rock right after the first battle and he's easily assumed to be one of hostile tribals. If you did it, then a whole bunch of failed quests should keep appearing on screen.

Mariah is engulfed in flames.

Aeternum vale, Caesar!

Mariah looks great in riot gear.

Back to Vegas and off to Zion.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 8 2018, 09:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 11 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #2517

Councilor
Group Icon

Spoiler .... spoiler ... spoiler... Ah. Pics. biggrin.gif Mariah is indeed hot. Love that Welcome to the Divide pic.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 6 2018, 04:38 PM) *

. I like to decide my character's past history, thank you very much. That is part of Role Playing.

I hear ya. 'To me, the role-playing part comes in how I creatively approach these forced situations. For instance, when I rolled Karen Aboucha this past summer the game keeps saying "who are these people who attacked me?" and all this stuff about a courier and a poker chip and I already KNOW Karen is not involved with any of that. So I just don't get involved in any of that, and neither does Karen. It's like all the dialog exists for some other character already (in my mind, anyway). Either that, or it's some sort of case of mistaken identity. [censored] happens, and my girl got caught up in the middle of it. Next thing, everyone in Goodsprings thinks Karen needs to be doing all this stuff, making all these choices. panic.gif

Of course, I haven't done this quest that all y'all are talking about yet. My approach to RP will remain the same though, once I get there. If the shoe fits, my toon will wear it. If not, it'll be an awkward case of him or her constantly having to explain they're not a part of it.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 11 2018, 02:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 12 2018, 04:53 AM
Post #2518

Knower
Group Icon

My heart is breaking when I look at Mariah's adventures.... sad.gif

I fully expect the remnants of the Legion to hand out a bounty to hunt down the pesky troublemaker. biggrin.gif

Jackson, being the greedy person he is will no doubt wait until the offer is at least 5000 caps. laugh.gif

Jackson Bird has now sorted things out with the showdown at the Correctional Facility. He has now hooked up with his mechanical friend, EDE, and made a friendship of sorts with boss man Eddie. The 'other' boys showed up and Jackson went straight into hide-out mode behind a table while EDE did all the shooting. Four enemies fell under laser fire and Jackson looted the bodies.

Dressed now in a NCR uniform he has sneaked inside Helios One and hoped to find something to scavenge. He knows that the NCR is up to something, what with their silly flag out front. He has had a chat with Fantastic, and is know fully convinced their bureaucratic system must be removed from the Mojave. Any organization that has fools like Fantastic must be stopped!

Heading north Jackson was attacked by some raider with a grenade launcher and now has a bad crippled leg. Bleeding heavily he has staggered into Boulder City and collapsed into a booth at the Big Horn Saloon. He is using quite a few expletives at the moment. laugh.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 12 2018, 02:09 PM
Post #2519

Councilor
Group Icon

Grenade launcher? Yikes. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 23 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #2520

Councilor
Group Icon

Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2281, 4:58 AM

"Linda, you are awake. Where you been, anyway?"

Linda Hand looked up from the gecko meat meal she'd been eating there in Prospector Saloon. Smiled. It was Karen Aboucha. "Have a seat." Linda had to admit to herself that she was glad she met Karen. Though she barely knew the woman, Karen had an open face, and it was good that she'd wound up in Goodsprings with somebody who wasn't a complete stranger.

"Linda. Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Want to come out into the desert with me? I found some town or something, down south of here. And also, there's lots of geckos out in the desert at night still. We can go shooting."

Linda thought this might just be the best recourse. Maybe she was getting too involved with al this 'Ringo / Power Ganger' stuff. And she wasn't prepared yet to go speak to the man living up at the gas station again anyway. All of this was happening too fast. She needed time, to think and plan, and maybe even decide if she should be getting involved at all.

"Sure, why not?"

So the two ladies went off into the desert night, taking turns shooting geckos. Karen showed Linda how to gut gecko meat, hacking great lumps from their thorax area. Nasty, but as Linda knew already, this is what she'd eventually need to learn to survive.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 23 2018, 04:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 124 125 126 127 128 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Acadian

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:37 PM