Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Storage, Coffers and chests - what's in yours?
ghastley
post Jul 30 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I have the crowns from my recent ESO+ renewal starting to burn holes. So one thing I'm considering is another coffer or chest of home storage. The one I got as a level-up reward is doing stalwart duty as a mailbox, passing recipes, research items, surveys, etc. between crew members. However, it often gets full, especially with recipes, as I'm never sure whether the whole crew knows them (and yes I have Craft Store, if I could bother to look).

So what does everyone do with their additional storage, if they have it? I recall monkey using his for materials, as he has no Craft Bag, but I'm really asking the ESO+ folk.

A secondary question is where to put them, as the smallest homes can't place many, and may just get the mailbox one.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
monkeyemoness
post Jul 31 2018, 03:14 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I only use two of the big ones for materials and that's only so I have some "backup" in case I want to make a set or something. It works to keep me from using up all my materials in writs, too. (well...right now I'm using 2 more of the small ones to hold onto Jewelry materials until everyone's sorted out, but it's not permanent. Once Ruben masters Jewelry Crafting and finishes the other crafts, he'll empty one box and Dravean will take the contents of the other once the patch drops and he has more space)

I use another of the small ones as a "Mailbox", and one of the big ones currently function as "Lucius Storage". Originally, it was something he used to keep his stuff separate from everyone else, but now it's just to keep the things he needs to research and eventually that'll be emptied, too.

The last big one is used to store the regular clothes you have to steal. I don't think I'm ever going to use them, but it's great to have the option. This one's called the "Wardrobe." I was also using it to store excess motifs from the April event, but those are almost gone. (Just got duplicates)

The last small one is "Apocryphal Relics". It's where I keep things that have been rendered useless by patches. Old provisioning ingredients, Petty to Greater Soul Gems, Glass fragments, that sort of thing.

At one point I was holding onto overland sets, but if you recall, they were eaten up. I probably would have ground them up for materials eventually, since I ended up needing all that space. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do with 2 small boxes and 1 big one when they're emptied out. I think I'll keep the large one as storage for any potential new characters until they're "properly" introduced to the Squad.

As for where I keep them, I generally try to get away with having as many storage boxes in every house as possible. The Mailbox is mandatory across all of them, with the Wardrobe being the second one if it can fit. The original Squad also have the two Materials Crates (Equipment and Consumable) within reach in the respective crafting areas so they can make gear for lower-leveled characters when needed. For most houses, this is the cap, Lucius being the exception with his storage (Fjotreid also makes use of it to send things to each other sometimes). The others are usually summoned as needed. Currently, the Alinor Crest Townhouse has the other 7 non-mailbox storage boxes in the room near the entrance for easy access. Ruben also sleeps there.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 31 2018, 03:15 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:27 PM