Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 1 2012, 05:10 AM
Post #481

Master
Group Icon

[quote name='Grits' date='Feb 29 2012, 08:06 PM' post='139839']
[quote name='King Coin' post='139765' date='Feb 27 2012, 07:46 PM']
@Grits: Jensa is sweet and coarse at the same time. I'm glad Stenvar is with her, even though he scares Aravi. laugh.gif[/quote] biggrin.gif She's just like honey on cornbread. tongue.gif

Jensa cured herself of lycanthropy. Then she slept for a day and a night while Stenvar stood watch. That guy is all right. Of course events took a turn again. Here’s what she says about it:

*Looks at Jensa*

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 1 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #482

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 29 2012, 11:10 PM) *

laugh.gif I had a feeling that she was not taking a Darkness-approved path. I blame the Companions quest bug. It derailed her whole story, or at least sent her in a new direction.

Here's another update from Jensa. I hope I'm being vague enough to avoid spoiling things:

That woman has me running all over Skyrim, but a plan is coming together. This time the job was to go find this old fellow and drag him back with me. I had a chance to pack up some gear before I left, so I just went off on my own. I wasn’t sure how it would be, since I’m usually with someone or someone’s with me. I spent a week without talking to a soul. Just kept my own company. Turns out I’m all right.

I guess the old fellow hasn’t had anyone to talk to for longer than that, since he can’t finish a sentence or stop running his mouth. I learned a lot from just listening and piecing things together. Also he’s pretty handy in a fight, even though I nearly wet my skirt the first time he let loose with all that fire. I had plenty of chances to get used to it. Seems like these days there’s always a dragon in the sky.

When we finally got where we were going, I was ready for some hot water and a real bed. We walked into the inn and there sat Stenvar with a smile on his face. My heart just about jumped up my throat, I was so happy to see him. But when I opened my mouth, what came out was, “Stenvar, what the fetch?”

That just made him laugh. He knew what I meant.

The old fellow and the crazy Breton put their heads together and decided what to do next. I already knew what I was going to do. I scrubbed myself pink and crawled in bed with Stenvar. Then I fell asleep before he could even turn over. I would never mistake him for a gentleman, but he was one that night. And the next morning, too. When the old fellow woke us up early, Stenvar didn’t even punch him a little.

We all got ready to go. I took my time getting the last buckles fastened, since Stenvar hadn’t said anything yet. I wanted him to want to come with us, and if I asked him then I’d never know. We got out on the inn porch and he was still quiet. The other two were down on the road, the old fellow talking at the trees and the Breton watching the sky.

Then Stenvar grinned and said those words that make my heart sing. “Let’s go find something ta fight!”

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 1 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #483

Ancient
Group Icon

Aaahhh, Jensa and Stenvar is a very sweet story !!! No matter what Jensa goes through (or puts him through), he is always there if she needs him.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 1 2012, 10:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 1 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #484

Master
Group Icon

Stenvar, what the fetch?

Coarse and sweet. laugh.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 3 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #485

Councilor
Group Icon

Here's an update from Jensa: smile.gif

Things have occurred, but it’s been a while since my ink was thawed enough to write with. And I’ve been busy.

The first thing is that Stenvar has me wearing plate armor ever since that frost dragon stuck its tail spine right through me. I don’t remember much. Just looking at the sky with Stenvar yelling, then waking up with a potion going down the wrong pipe. Anyway he said we were going back to the temple to get me some real armor. Normally I would have reminded him that he is not the boss of me, and there would have been a fight. But he had a look on his face that I’ve never seen before. He was scared. I said all right.

So we got the armor and spent a few weeks chasing down Word Walls and hunting dragons until we were too worn out to even talk. It was way out in the snow fields that I finally had enough. I looked over at Stenvar, and his beard was full of ice. I said, “Fetch it, we’re going to the hot springs.” I know where some hunters camp. They always have plenty of meat and not enough mead. They’re also Sanguine worshippers, so they’re a fun bunch to spend time with. We bought a keg of mead in Windhelm and hit the road.

We found them right where they always are, and they were glad to see us. Stenvar tapped the keg while I got out from under all that metal. We were sitting in the hot springs drinking cold mead when snowflakes started to fall and hiss into the water. I didn’t think I could be happier. Then Stenvar took my face in his hands and said, “Marry me, Jensa.”

I said yes, and then I showed him that I meant it. After a while we remembered about the hunters. They had gone over by the tents to fix the dinner.

When we finally got out of the springs, they all said congratulations. We shared a meal and worked our way through most of the keg, but that night we didn’t sleep with any of them. I guess it’s better to quit being a drunken strumpet before your wedding rather than some time after.

Next morning we woke to a dragon in the sky. I could hear it was far enough for us to gear up for the fight, and close enough that we could hunt it. Stenvar was still flat on his back. I picked up my head to see what he thought.

“You and me,” said Stenvar, and he was smiling. That man does not need a lot of words.

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 3 2012, 11:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 4 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #486

Ancient
Group Icon

*throws confetti* biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 4 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #487

Ancient
Group Icon

Jensa is my fave character you have in Skyrim. She is who she is and makes no apologies for it. I'm really glad if she is going to marry that it is Stenvar, he has proven he will be there if she needs him. I think if she married anyone else Stenvar would always be in the background, and it would be pretty hard to stay faithful to another as long as he was, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 4 2012, 04:42 AM
Post #488

Master
Group Icon

Wow, she wasn't kidding when she said "things have occurred." Near death and then marriage! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 4 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #489

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 3 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Wow, she wasn't kidding when she said "things have occurred." Near death and then marriage! biggrin.gif

+1

Can't say it better than this!

I'm still with Craig and Farkas. smile.gif, Farkas proposed to Craig after the battle with the dragon/dragon Priest! He did does not to care that Craig is as old as Kodlak. biggrin.gif
The marriage ceremony will take in a few days! And I swear that I will write about it!

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 4 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #490

Councilor
Group Icon

“You and me,” said Stenvar, and he was smiling. That man does not need a lot of words.

AWWWW!!!...I'm misting up here...*Bottom lip quivers*...

I'm gonna buy a hat!!!...And a dress!!!...Yes... biggrin.gif ...

What?... huh.gif ...
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Mar 4 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #491

Finder
Group Icon

An amusing arrow shot.

I used to be a bandit. Then...

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 4 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #492

Ancient
Group Icon

laugh.gif How perfect!

In other news, Kids, don't try this at home!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 4 2012, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 4 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #493

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 01:38 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

After all that, the PC looks at the thief who just has this look of terror on his face...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 4 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #494

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 01:38 PM) *

laugh.gif How perfect!

In other news, Kids, don't try this at home!

LOL!!

Ah expert difficulty, where the game itself will try to kill you in a cinematic.

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #495

Mouth
Group Icon

Crystal Beth has made it to Winterhold. On the way, her abilities were sorely tested, and she nearly died a couple times. She encountered a fort in the middle of the road, inhabited by a wicked mage. He could throw massive fire balls and other such magics, easily taking much of Beth's health.

Her horse was killed by this mage. Her horse that she strugged to save money for, was killed in less than a minute. But the good thing is the horse did lots of damage to the mage. As the horse kicked the evil mage and kept him occupied, Beth was able to throw fire at him.

she eventually took him down, only by drinking almost every health potion she had found inside Stillborn Cave did she stay alive and win the fight. Damn! She also nearly got totalled by a large wolf (damn things seem stronger up here, the farther we go north) and another mage.

But she's made it. She's in The Frozen Hearth. smile.gif And now Beth is off to the College.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #496

Ancient
Group Icon

*phew* CB made it! I still think you are mad for trying a DiD character in Skyrim. If Real Life was like that, I doubt there would be too many people in college...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #497

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 06:45 PM) *

*phew* CB made it! I still think you are mad for trying a DiD character in Skyrim. If Real Life was like that, I doubt there would be too many people in college...

MM Hmm...that's the point, my dear. That's the point! I've already done the main Mage's Guild questline, by the way, with Claire the Cleric. I alrady know what's gonna happen, so it'll easier to prepare.

Beth is planning on not just jumping into those quests and adventures just yet, though. She's seen the world of Skyrim. It's much worse than Cyrodiil, the randomness that is. Mages here use less magic, they cannot create their own magics like the Cyrodiilians of 200 years before, but their magics are more powerful than anything Beth has ever seen.

So she's not just planning on leaving and questing right away. Not until she's had LOTS of in-college practice. smile.gif
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 5 2012, 04:25 AM
Post #498

Master
Group Icon

Wooh! I'm glad she made it. That first journey to the college is a test. Aravi made a similar journey, only to be turned away!She couldn't cast her entrance spell!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 04:35 AM
Post #499

Mouth
Group Icon

Really? Wow.

I've noticed the entrance spell was different when Claire had to get in. She was asked to cast a destruction spell, wheras the gatekeeper (whatever her name is) asked Crystal Beth to cast a Healing Hands spell on her. When Beth replied she didnt' know that spell yet, the gatekeeper provided it to Beth for a fee of just 30 gold!

I think it might have something to do with whateverf magic your character is least experienced with. Claire never used destruction until she got to the College, but did know Healing Hands. Beth, on the otehr hand, has used plenty of destruction, but didn't know the Healing Hands spell.

Perhaps the game identifies our character's weakest magic, and makes this the test, in other words.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #500

Ancient
Group Icon

I think it just picks at random from a certain list of spells. When Aradia went to the College, I saved right before talking to the snotty Altmer gate guard. Just for shits and giggles I reloaded and tried again, and she demanded that Aradia use a different spell from the first time.

For the Witch character, you might look for Illia, who is a Witch you can get as a follower if you do a certain quest. Scylla came across her when I first started playing, and she proved to be a great follower. Although if you are already playing a magician, you would probably want a fighter type follower instead.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 5 2012, 04:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:19 PM