Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Skyrim Marriage Mart, Screens of who you married (or rejected) in Skyrim
mALX
post Nov 27 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 26 2011, 11:56 PM) *

It's the same Amulet of Mara, you just have to talk to the priest if you already have one. (That's what happened with Rowan's game.)

I'm rooting for Rowan to marry Balimund. He has a nice forge, so he's unlikely to die out adventuring. And how can she say no to that 'stache?! Admittedly, he could use a washcloth and some soap. But hey, he's working!

Still, she says no.

The need for soap and water is a big clincher for Maxical, it would be a definate no. If the man isn't clean, he will not be crawling into the same bed with her, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #22

Finder
Group Icon

Cameron married Brelyna earlier, though it seems the Arch-Mage's quarters doesn't count as an 'owned home', so the couple had separate living conditions until the new Arch-Mage bought a house in Whiterun.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay! Congratulations to the happy couple. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

Congrats to Cameron!

I think you can stay at Inns with them till you have a house, can't you?

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

Her default location until then was her room in the Collage, but since I had 7k I was able to get Breezehome and furnish it right off the bat. Though I can't seem to get the skill+ rest bonus from sleeping with them. Ah well, we're good without.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Nov 28 2011, 11:46 AM) *

Her default location until then was her room in the Collage, but since I had 7k I was able to get Breezehome and furnish it right off the bat. Though I can't seem to get the skill+ rest bonus from sleeping with them. Ah well, we're good without.

Was she available for marriage via vanilla game or did you "console her onto the list?"

I heard if you are a werewolf you get no special marriage bonus for sleeping with your spouse (or rest bonus). Also, if you are currently under the "Lovers Stone" effects you will not get it either. Since you now have a spouse to provide that same benefit, it is best to find another stone power to use.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 28 2011, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

She's vanilla. Cam's not a wolf (hasn't even set foot into the mead hall) and has under the Mage stone since Halgen. She can get Well Rested without a problem.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Nov 28 2011, 03:15 PM) *

She's vanilla. Cam's not a wolf (hasn't even set foot into the mead hall) and has under the Mage stone since Halgen. She can get Well Rested without a problem.

Those are the only two things I've found that keep the player from getting the "lover's comfort" perk.

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

I'm not too worried about it for now. She's going at a nice enough clip so far.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Nov 28 2011, 03:28 PM) *

I'm not too worried about it for now. She's going at a nice enough clip so far.

Well congrats on the wedding, lol.

** Does anyone know how/if the dialogue of the NPC changes after the wedding? I've heard it does, but wondered (in what way).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 28 2011, 10:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 29 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

I found this WIKI page that lists the marriage candidates and what property they OWN prior to the marriage in case the Player does not own any property yet to bring their spouse to.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

For some reason Bethesda has totally outbalanced the marriage-able women with houses and businesses 8 to 2 !!! Only two men looking for marriage have owned property, but eight of the women do? What the heck is wrong with that picture?

Also, there are no male High Elves on the list. The voice actor for the Dark Elves is different than the actor for the High Elves - meaning that the High Elves will not have the special dialogues after marriage (like the Khajiit don't).

I return to my rant about the looks of the prospective spouses - the women are overall pretty to look at. The men look like they were dug up from the dregs of an active sty.

Really not happy with Bethesda's selection at all. So now, in order to marry a male NPC that is NOT on the list (one that owns property, is clean, and decent looking) - a person's only choices are the races that are on the list if they want to experience the special dialogues that come after marriage.

Does anyone know what the special dialogues (spoken) are? I saw the women calling the men "Darling" and stuff, but I'm talking about the special dialogues for the males candidates.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 29 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

I heard a guy call his wife “love” or “my love,” and she called him darling. They were talking about temple business, though, so I doubt that was general marriage chat.

That stinks about the voice situation. I think some of the men on that page have houses, but there are possibly more players out there marrying female NPCs and filling in the wiki. Balimund, for example. He has a shop, I’ll have to look around and see if he has a house.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 29 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 29 2011, 07:06 AM) *

I heard a guy call his wife “love” or “my love,” and she called him darling. They were talking about temple business, though, so I doubt that was general marriage chat.

That stinks about the voice situation. I think some of the men on that page have houses, but there are possibly more players out there marrying female NPCs and filling in the wiki. Balimund, for example. He has a shop, I’ll have to look around and see if he has a house.

I hope that is the case. Also - I hope there is a male High Elf that has not made it onto that list too, because that would mean the voice files are there.

Here is two vids that show a guy really testing the codes out - he even married the Jarl of Whiterun!! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enwWiuzyC4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTVmM0HiGks...nel_video_title

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 29 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

So, the nasty Altmer lady in Solitude who gave Rowan a hard time about her outfit is named Taarie, she owns the store Radiant Raiment, and there is a little quest that I won’t spoil. I’m adding her to Rowan’s rejected list. The attitude on that woman!! It seems that she is the only available Altmer in the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Nov 30 2011, 03:18 AM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 29 2011, 02:27 PM) *

So, the nasty Altmer lady in Solitude who gave Rowan a hard time about her outfit is named Taarie, she owns the store Radiant Raiment, and there is a little quest that I won’t spoil. I’m adding her to Rowan’s rejected list. The attitude on that woman!! It seems that she is the only available Altmer in the game.

Wrothken met her the other day. After I told him that she is marry-able he stared at me and asked "Who would want to?!" laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Jacki Dice: Nov 30 2011, 03:18 AM

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 1 2011, 03:20 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Nov 29 2011, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 29 2011, 02:27 PM) *

Wrothken met her the other day. After I told him that she is marry-able he stared at me and asked "Who would want to?!" laugh.gif

ROFL !! The men are ugly and the women are mean. Bethesda gave us the option to marry while taking away any desire to, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 1 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2011, 09:20 AM) *

ROFL !! The men are ugly and the women are mean. Bethesda gave us the option to marry while taking away any desire to, lol.

laugh.gif Rowan must like her men rude, rough, and dirty. At least until you get inside the wire. She’s having a tough time deciding.

What about Onmund in Winterhold? He looks pretty clean, and with his family issues there’s not a mother-in-law to contend with. tongue.gif

I checked out Balimund, he lives at the Scorched Hammer with his apprentice Asbjorn Fire-Tamer. I think that more of the men must have their own places than the wiki shows just yet.

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 1 2011, 03:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 1 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 1 2011, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2011, 09:20 AM) *

laugh.gif Rowan must like her men rude, rough, and dirty. At least until you get inside the wire. She’s having a tough time deciding.

What about Onmund in Winterhold? He looks pretty clean, and with his family issues there’s not a mother-in-law to contend with. tongue.gif

I checked out Balimund, he lives at the Scorched Hammer with his apprentice Asbjorn Fire-Tamer. I think that more of the men must have their own places than the wiki shows just yet.

Onmund is the biggest wus I've ever seen. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't done the quest, but ... it would be a blistering hot day in Skyrim before Maxical will even speak to the whiney little weasel again.

By the way - an update: Maxical got rid of the (2) Amulets of Mara she had and went to Riften and bought the correct one (just in case that quest needed to be started properly).

She cornered Quaranir in the Inn and stripped the robe off to check him out. (not bad, really). He has blonde hair, that was a surprise. He was thin, slightly muscular, and oddly enough had some dark curly chest hair!

None of the shirtless guys in Whiterun had chest hair, so that was really surprising. The whites of his eyes are yellowish green (sickle cell anemia? Jaundice? ... Hepatitis? Urk!), and he glares a lot.

So anyway, even though he had no conversation at the time she tried to "console him" into marriage. Nothing happened, (other than him telling her there was no greater pleasure than talking to her). I found out the person has to have topics and be talking or it won't work. So the next time he talks to her, watch out.

** If it doesn't work, she may try those console tricks on the Jarl of Markarth. He is clean, and likes the heck out of her after she raised his disposition in the console, ROFL !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 1 2011, 05:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 1 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

I tried marrying one of those arrow-in-the-knee-taking heroes that form the fine body of Skyrim's guards. It didn't seem to work...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 1 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Dec 1 2011, 02:22 PM) *

I tried marrying one of those arrow-in-the-knee-taking heroes that form the fine body of Skyrim's guards. It didn't seem to work...

Maybe they took an arrow in their "knee." blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:45 AM