Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 133 134 135 136 137 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Lopov
post Sep 8 2020, 03:37 PM
Post #2681

Master
Group Icon

Camp McCarran is packed with quests, marked and unmarked. It's packed with a handful of interesting characters too. And if you're walking all the time (like me), it takes a really long time to get from one point to another, so you're bound to be in that place for quite a long time - with trips out, like to Vault 3, for instance.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 12 2020, 04:55 AM
Post #2682

Ancient
Group Icon

January finally walked into Moriarity's Saloon in Megaton. This is after she fixed the relay dish for Galaxy News Radio. But the scripted event of Gob hitting the radio and complaining that GNR was not working still happened. Even though Three Dog could be clearly heard! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 12 2020, 05:18 AM
Post #2683

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 11 2020, 10:55 PM) *

January finally walked into Moriarity's Saloon in Megaton. This is after she fixed the relay dish for Galaxy News Radio. But the scripted event of Gob hitting the radio and complaining that GNR was not working still happened. Even though Three Dog could be clearly heard! laugh.gif

Lol that’s funny! I’m a little surprised BGS didn’t plan for that scenario. They are usually pretty good with details like this.

Speaking of small details, I discovered something the other day that I thought was kinda neat. At your 10th birthday party, after “Old Lady Palmer“ gives you the sweet roll, Andy destroys your cake and then Butch demands you hand over the sweet roll in a call back to Morrowind’s CharGen. I never thought about eating the sweet roll immediately after receiving it until the other day, so I did. Andy proceeded to destroy the cake and Butch still demanded the sweet roll, but I was able to tell him I ate it. He was still mad, saying that he loves her sweet rolls, and then is just like “stay out of my way”. Just a small thing that I thought was kinda neat.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 12 2020, 05:18 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 12 2020, 07:12 AM
Post #2684

Master
Group Icon

At the birthday party it's also possible to overhear the Overseer talking to some other guy, as he leaves the party and heads to his quarters. I don't remember anymore, what they're talking about, but he says sth like how he doesn't like you / the player and that he came to the party only because Amata likes you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 12 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #2685

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 12 2020, 01:12 AM) *

At the birthday party it's also possible to overhear the Overseer talking to some other guy, as he leaves the party and heads to his quarters. I don't remember anymore, what they're talking about, but he says sth like how he doesn't like you / the player and that he came to the party only because Amata likes you.

Yeah he is talking to a security officer. The officer cheerfully asks him if he had a good time, and the Oveerseer responds that he “only went because Amata is friends with the brat”. He then tells the officer (in an annoyed tone) to give the party a little more time and go and break it up and get everyone back to work.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 13 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #2686

Councilor
Group Icon

All of that made me laugh, almost the entire tutorial I was laughing! laugh.gif Especially during the GOAT and also the whole Tunnel Snake thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 13 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #2687

Ancient
Group Icon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ximxe4XtU

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 13 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #2688

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha ha laugh.gif "We're the Tunnel Snakes! And we rule!" rollinglaugh.gif

-------------------------------

Saturday, 12.15.81, 11:37 AM

Minimum Temperature: 36.9 °F
Maximum Temperature: 62.1 °F

Linda is back in Novac, because so far she hasn't found anywhere else to get her gear repaired, and she hasn't got time to search the gigantic Camp McCarran complex. Time is of the essence (well....), if Vault 9 is to be plundered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 13 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #2689

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 12 2020, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 12 2020, 01:12 AM) *

Yeah he is talking to a security officer. The officer cheerfully asks him if he had a good time, and the Oveerseer responds that he “only went because Amata is friends with the brat”. He then tells the officer (in an annoyed tone) to give the party a little more time and go and break it up and get everyone back to work.

I don't remember it anymore in the details, but there's also a subtle hint before the final tutorial quest, that James came to the vault later, and that the player was born outside. I think that it happens during a dialogue with some NPC at the birthday party.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 13 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #2690

Ancient
Group Icon

I think I remember that dialogue between the Overseer and the security guard. But I am not sure. I have done the tutorial so many times that I probably have. But most of it was so long ago that it is kind of a blur.

I do recall there is a point in the tutorial where you can say to Dad something like "But everyone is born in the Vault, aren't they?" I forget the exact line, or his reply however. I think he says something like: "That is what the Overseer tells us."

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 13 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #2691

Ancient
Group Icon

Also at the 10th birthday party, “Old Lady Palmer” almost lets slip that you and James came to the Vault from the outside but she catches herself before she does. She says something like “10 years old. My my. I can remember when your daddy came and... Oh listen to me ramble!”. She then quickly changes the subject to the sweet roll she baked for you.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 13 2020, 10:55 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 14 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #2692

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, all sorts of remembrances here. Does anything in Fallout 3's tutorial reference stuff found in FO1 or FO2's tutorials (if they had tutorials, that is)?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 14 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #2693

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 14 2020, 12:27 PM) *

Nice, all sorts of remembrances here. Does anything in Fallout 3's tutorial reference stuff found in FO1 or FO2's tutorials (if they had tutorials, that is)?

I never played F1 or F2, so I can’t say.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 14 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #2694

Ancient
Group Icon

FO1 does not really have a tutorial, at least not as we know them. You get a small cutscene of the Overseer telling you to get the water chip, and then you are kicked out into a cave system filled with rats. You fight your way through the rats, and then emerge into the game world. There really was not anything special to it. Unless I am misremembering. It has been a very long time since I played it. I cannot even remember Fallout 2 at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 15 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #2695

Master
Group Icon

SubRosa is right, FO1 doesn't have a tutorial of any kind. Those rats can be difficult if chosen skills are mostly intelligence / science-oriented.

FO2 has a sort of tutorial. The game starts off in Arroyo, a small settlement, and the PC is one of the tribals. You must undergo some sort of a rite and at the end you're rewarded with a Vault 13 suit. You have to kill some ants during that trial and avoid / disable some traps IIRC. After it's over, you're back to your home village and you can leave.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 18 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #2696

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today I spent some time in Megaton. Didn't do a whole much besides selling food to Jenny and scrap metal to Walther. We are approaching October and with that it's time to once again think about Point Lookout. I was seriously over-powered at last year's hunt and I plan to repeat that this year biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 19 2020, 05:01 AM
Post #2697

Ancient
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 19 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #2698

Councilor
Group Icon

Monday, 12.17.81, 4:33 PM -- Linda Hand is about to leave for Vault 9, but then checks her supplies. Oops. She needs some supplies. Better head to Camp McCarran first. There's supposed to be a trader in there. Maybe she can find him.

A really interesting little side plot has been going on between Linda and Veronica. Since V is a devout member of the Brotherhood, there's no way Linda can bring her into NCR territory. But Linda can still use Veronica for information here and there. V knows all kinds of things about NCR territory, as well as other factions and organizations. It's like having your own intelligence unit. salute.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 20 2020, 01:53 PM
Post #2699

Ancient
Group Icon

Isn’t it part of her personal quest that you have to take her to see the NCR and other factions?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 20 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #2700

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 19 2020, 05:52 PM) *

A really interesting little side plot has been going on between Linda and Veronica. Since V is a devout member of the Brotherhood, there's no way Linda can bring her into NCR territory. But Linda can still use Veronica for information here and there. V knows all kinds of things about NCR territory, as well as other factions and organizations. It's like having your own intelligence unit. salute.gif

Teamwork! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:58 PM