Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 61 62 63 64 65 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Acadian
post Mar 7 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #1241

Paladin
Group Icon

I enjoyed the Knights of the Nine DLC. My only problem was how it ruined a couple chapels for long term play (Anvil especially and, to a lesser extent, Bravil).

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 10 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #1242

Mouth
Group Icon

Knights of the Nine is good to play through once. After that I found it doesn't fit my character's story (my vision) well. I too don't like what it does to the temples. I'd force it complete but I've had bad things happen when I do that.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 10 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #1243

Mouth
Group Icon

20200309 VI, Southpoint, the road to Haven
Coming to a bridge that spanned a small lake and river we could see the spires of Southpoint towering above the tree tops. The spectacular falls of Southpoint roared in approval as we crossed the bridge. Its cooling mist was a welcome relief in the afternoon heat.

Through the boundary markers the road leads us past lush green pastures of the Duchy of Southpoint. The sheep didn’t seem to mind us passing by but the horses began jumping the fences and running all over place. At one time unicorn ran by. We tried to catch the unicorn but it happened so quickly we couldn’t capture it. That excited Maeva the CuteElf. She went on and on about how she missed visiting the CuteElf Retreat.

To our right across the bay lay Southpoint. We’ll make a stop there for the night.

Southpoint, a large bustling port city feels like a ghost town. Is everyone away on holiday? Searching for a place to spend the night became an ordeal. Cassandra and Envya, the only residents of Southpoint that we could find that still owned houses in town, objected to sharing their beds with us.

You know, I really need to look into getting bedrolls for everyone.

Without guild halls present in Southpoint the best option we could think of was to spend the night sitting on the pews of the city’s temple to Stendarr. It was already dark by the time we crossed over the bridge.

Morning came and we took a tour of the docks before leaving Southpoint.

Heading east toward Haven we came upon a roadside inn, The Eagle Valley Tavern, that was open for business. Road weary and thirsty we stopped in. Vaeli the publican unlike many Valenwood proprietors actually had food and drink for sale. Unfortunately the three beds upstairs were all rented out, so after dinner we continued on to Haven.

The city of Haven is built on the side of a mountain. The main walkway winds its self down several levels to the docks. Though there are a couple of inns in Haven; Inn of the Snowy Owl and the Stairway to Haven that have useable beds, they are not really for rent. Just walk on in and flop.

I don’t know why but I think Lidowen of the Stairway to Haven is overly concerned with security. The bedroom has three doors! Curiously none are locked.

I asked the Ladies if they if they’d like to go to heaven tonight. They grinned. Then Kaleah gave my cheek a hard pinch and said, “Oh, you think you’re so smart.”

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 10 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #1244

Paladin
Group Icon

Southpoint looks very nice. That is a great shot of the chapel at night. And what an adorable little inn on the way to Haven!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 11 2020, 02:51 PM
Post #1245

Councilor
Group Icon

You know, I really need to look into getting bedrolls for everyone.

This made me laugh. laugh.gif Yeah, this area of the map is incredibly stunning at times.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 18 2020, 06:58 AM
Post #1246

Mouth
Group Icon

20200316 VI, Haven, finding Noutar Emero
We awoke early the next morning to a bright sunny day. Lidowen had set out a nice buffet. While my Ladies ate breakfast I talked with Lidowen. Running through my best lines that never seem to work, I casually mentioned that I was the newly appointed Headmaster of the Cyrodiil Archeology Guild. Well I thought she might be the intellectual type.

Anyways, she deflected and countered by saying she had come across something that I might find interesting. She pulled a crumpled up piece of paper from under the bar and handed it to me.

“This was left behind by a party of adventurers after a night of carousing.” Pointing to one of the names on the note, Lidowen continued, “This one, Noutar Emero is close by. It lies just above the falls to the east of Haven. You can see it from the Eastern Tower.”

Written on the crumpled note paper was a list of what appeared to be names of Ayleid ruins with obscure notes alongside each. The curious part was the directional lines running to and from the names. What could it mean?

Later after the ladies had finished their breakfast I shared the note with them. we said good-bye to Lidowen and went looking for the Eastern Tower.

Lidowen was right, you can see the Ayleid ruin above the falls, barely. Now how do we get up there is the question.

“You can walk on the air while I fly, carrying Pym and Maeva with me,” Kaleah offered.

“We could do that but I think I’d like to first try approaching Noutar Emero by land. Let’s walk across the water over to Quin’raw Peninsula Point. From there it looks like we can travel along the ridgeline until we reach Noutar Emero.”

The plan was working fine until we approached the point of the Quin’raw Peninsula. Could this gaping hole in the sea just off the point be the result of Archen using the Wrecking Stone on the Valenwood Islands? Wonder how many ships have been lost here?

With care to avoid the hole in the sea we managed to walk onto the shore. From there it became relatively easy to make our way along the ridge separating Valenwood on our left from Elswyer to the right. Gorgeous.

We could see Noutar Emero but a deep gorge blocks our path. The river forming the falls flowed swiftly through the gorge. If we could get higher and find the head waters of the falls we could shoot the rapids down the gorge to Noutar Emero. We continued our climb.

Eventually we found ourselves high above Noutar Emero overlooking a small crystal clear lake, the headwaters of the falls. There’s a small tent village on the far side of the lake. Circling the lake we approached Leafblood camp hoping to find a welcoming reception. That bubble burst when a satyr suddenly attacked.

Take it easy cousin we don’t mean any harm. Pretty thing wouldn’t relent and suffered for it.

After defeating the satyress attacker we found the remains of four others. All female. Something strange has happened here. Perhaps they all went insane without a shepherd to pipe them to sleep?

Not wanting to stay at the cursed satyr campsite we searched for mouth of the gorge. Using the water smoothed dolerite gorge like a slide we shot the rapids down the gorge all the way to Noutar Emero. We managed to scramble out of the water just before the spill.

Kind of reminds us of the Johnson Shut-ins, only steeper.

Evening had arrived and we made camp in front of the entrance of Noutar Emero.

This post has been edited by macole: Mar 18 2020, 07:00 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 18 2020, 06:35 PM
Post #1247

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, given that list of Ayleid ruins, it looks like the crew has plenty more to explore.

Oh my – Buffy remembers encountering a few of those magic gaping holes as well. ohmy.gif

Gorgeous is right, regarding the screenshot straddling the ridge between elvenland and kittysand.

Smart to climb above the ruin and ride the falls to it. Quite a busy day!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 19 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #1248

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian Thanks for the comments.

A friend in the Beth forums who's girl gang travels through Valenwood often shared with me some points of interest. Not wanting to just runoff and start exploring for reasons unknown, I thought bar talk was a good way to put it my adventure.

My game is heavily modded. Even with available patches sometimes land tear oddities occur. If I had the skill I'd try to fix the bugs I've found. But to acquire the skill, I'd have to quit playing. So if I can't find a workable patch and they're not too disruptive I ignore them for the moment.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 23 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #1249

Councilor
Group Icon

Yikes! I've seen glitches like that happen in my games occasionally too! Did you try simply reloading? That always seems to fix. Then again, my game is probably only halfway as modded as yours.

That's how I incorporate advice and spoilers into my game, too. If somebody in these forums (or at Beth) mentions something which my character has not discovered yet, there's always a way to say "well, Sir Vyvoor heard this info from some guy in a bar who was over-talking to the bar's publican because of all the patrons said bar attracts..." That always works for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 23 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #1250

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee; I've tried reordering and reloading, and searching for more updated patches but somethings just aren't meant to be. Say lobby.

Yep, when having a sip in the bar it is best to keep your eyes and ears open. Never know what you might come across.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 24 2020, 05:54 AM
Post #1251

Mouth
Group Icon

20200323 VI, Noutar Emero
Before dawn we make our preparations to explore the unknown ruin of Noutar Emero. Using the Cleansing Shrine we humbly beseech the Goddess to protect us against all evil and disease. Devotions done we cautiously enter the ruins.

“Dark, dank, and dusty. There’s a lot to be said for shadows this plentiful,” Kaelah whispers in my ear.

The ruins are rather empty. We’ve encountered no opposition, no undead creatures, nothing but silent darkness. With the sound of our boots echoing eerily off the stone walls we trudged on through a maze of empty rooms, staircases, winding hallways, and the occasional swinging blade trap.

Although nothing was moving in the ruins, not even rats, we really shouldn’t call the place empty. The place is a treasure trove, packed with welkynd stones and Ayleid reliquary of various sizes. The reliquaries yield quite a bit of gold and many interesting items including a Summon Gloom Wraith Tome and Boots of the Olympian.

Things really begin to get interesting as we approach the gates to the Deep Hall. On the main walkway leading to the Deep Hall gates we discover remains of previous, unsuccessful plunderers. Kaleah stops to loot the remains. I’m just glad they did get up to fight.

Passing through the gate to the Deep Halls we find ourselves searching wildly through a maze of corridors looking for remote switches to open locked gates. The first room of interest we discover is what must have been a Throne Room. Two pulsating red beams of energy streaming from the floor to the ceiling make an impressive frame to the throne. Sitting on the throne we tried to envision what life here was like centuries ago.

A little further along we enter a room containing an Ayleid Well. Drawing power from the well rejuvenates our will to continue exploring.

Continuing our exploration we discover a room with a recognizable feature, closed varla stone cages. Anticipating a difficult search for the switch we walk right past the obvious switch a few times before finally realizing what we were doing.

Further stumbling around in the dark we unexpectedly find 102 sapphires arranged in an unusual pattern that looks like NNW FOR U!, What this is about we have no idea.

West of the Ayleid Well at least I think it is west, we find the Great Hall. It’s impressive in size but empty.

Backtracking, we’re investigating a previously unexplored walkway when we spot something unusual. Kaleah and Maeva hop down to find out what it is. They call back to me and Pym, “Come on don’t be shy.”

It’s a Gateway and by all indications it’s active. To where, who knows? Question is do we use it.

Of course we do!

We find ourselves in another unexplored Ayleid ruin with three more gateways. The new gateways are not active. We can go no further at the moment. We’ll have to excavate another who knows how large an Ayleid ruin to learn if it is possible to activate the new gateways.

The ladies complain about carrying too much weight and the need to go shopping.

It’s agreed. We must go back, inform the Archeology Guild of a new find, get advice from the Ayleid experts, obtain funding, and resupply for a lengthy expedition.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 24 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #1252

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, exploring Aylied ruins in Valenwood is like opening a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. This one was eerie in its deathlike silence. Plenty of loot though and I bet the guild will appreciate the discovery.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 30 2020, 05:55 AM
Post #1253

Mouth
Group Icon

20200329 Elsweyr-Marabashi Beach, Coral Shard Grotto
Retracing our steps we return to the entrance of Noutar Emero. From there we climbing down the waterfall and swim to the Haven. After a few hours rest at Stairway to Haven we look into getting passage on a ship bound for Leyawiin. According to the Harbor Master there were no ships available at this time. Now we could as Maeva suggested teleport ourselves to our Leyawiin home but we’d miss an opportunity to boldly go where we’ve never been before. We decided to walk.

Crossing Quin’raw Peninsula and traveling along the coast was going rather easily until we reached the southern edge of Marabashi Beach. There we’re hindered by an invisible L shaped wall. The wall stretching from far out to sea to a short distance inland from the beach where it made a right angle and then continued northeastwardly almost as far as Duncori Walk.

Casting a Passwall spell (TCL) we continued our walk along the, aside from the occasional mudcrab, tranquil Marabashi Beach.

The idyllic beach soon becomes a major battle field when we’re attacked by a pair of Alfigs.

A short ways later a large Senche-Tiger tries to make us his lunch. [url=https://imgur.com/OoQIBj8]Kaleah teaches the kitty some manners.
[/url]
By avoiding an elephant we step right into the middle of a camp of Agamanus worshipers. Summoning clanfear to attack us, the hostile priests prove to be particularly nasty.

With Duncori Walk in sight a Pahmar springs to the attack. Luckily Kaleah and Marva are quick with their bows.

I didn’t see that going on as I was distracted be a comely young Nord woman swimming quite naked in the surf. She seems to be in some distress so I politely walk on over to see if I can be of any assistance. My Ladies sensing a trap rush over to protect me from the vicious naked Nord.

They didn’t need to so that. Gretje really is in a situation and needs our help. Her clothes have been stolen by a troop of mischievous monkeys. What is it with Nords and their clothes?

We track down the monkeys and with some help from an elephant recover Gretja’s clothes. To show her appreciation, Gretje tells us of a great mermaid treasure in Coral Shard Grotto. She’s kind enough to mark the location on our map before walking stark naked toward Duncori Walk. I had to laugh because it wasn’t half hour ago she was complaining how she wouldn’t dare walk without her own clothes.

With my Ladies waiting on the beach, I swam out to find the grotto. The water breathing enchantment on my helm shows its worth as I dove to the bottom of the sea.

You could say I my mind wandered when Gretje mentioned mermaids; little sprites she called them. So, I wasn’t prepared for the Sea Lamia. The one Sea Lamia outside the grotto was no problem. Inside the grotto was another matter. The inky blackness of the water inside the grotto forced me to cast night-eye. Wish I hadn’t!

There I was, swimming face to face with five including a queen, none too friendly Sea Lamiae. Well things got a bit dicey after that. I’m just glad my Ladies weren’t here to witness; I’d never hear the end of it.

Leaving the grotto laden down with loot I managed to catch up with the Ladies in Duncori Walk.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 30 2020, 12:55 PM
Post #1254

Councilor
Group Icon

"Stairway to Haven..." laugh.gif laugh.gif

They're all going beach combing in their psychadelic armor! Which province are they? Still Valenwood or have they migrated to Elsweyr? Because of the tiger, that's why I'm asking.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 30 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #1255

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee: We are traveling through the southern portion of Elsweyr on our way to Cyrodiil. It's my first excursion through the area otherwise I probably would have some form of fast travel.

Beach combing in psychedelic armor! If I know these Ladies, mushroom gathering is more like it.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 30 2020, 07:03 PM
Post #1256

Paladin
Group Icon

It's been many years but it seems like that wonderful passwall spell has helped cross your gang into the Anequina mod? Gosh, I remember loving that mod - just some magnificent work. wub.gif

Oh, don't you know? As the old Nord song says, 'Water makes her clothes fall off.' Or Tequila. Or Mead, I figure. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 1 2020, 02:19 AM
Post #1257

Mouth
Group Icon

Thank Arena for the Passwall spell. It gives me license to use TCL console (fae magic) command.

Yes, Anequina and Elsweyr have been living up to the praises I've heard over last 9-years or so.

I had to look that song up and watch the video. Yep, going to have to go to Bruma and visit Olav's.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 1 2020, 04:28 AM
Post #1258

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 30 2020, 01:03 PM) *

It's been many years but it seems like that wonderful passwall spell has helped cross your gang into the Anequina mod?

In a way yes I passed through the wall at the south end of the beach and now I"m in Anequina. The odd thing is I could have walked just a few steps inland and walked around the invisible wall. It literally was L-shaped, open at one end.

This post has been edited by macole: Apr 1 2020, 04:29 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 2 2020, 03:45 AM
Post #1259

Mouth
Group Icon

20200331 Elsweyr - Duncori Walk, Corinthe
Most of the buildings in Duncori Walk are private residences. The Fishmonger Store and the Duncori Walk Wayhouse are the exceptions. Neither is suitable for staying overnight. So we took our leave of Duncori Walk and headed north up the road to Corinthe.

As we passed by a plantation we hungrily eyed the fields of pineapples, sugarcane, and peaches. Guards stationed at the gates kept us honest and we pressed on to Corinthe hopeful that services would be available in the great city.

Corinthe, what a city, exceeds all expectations. Corinthe has a large and diverse Khakiit population. Royal Pahmar, Ohmes, Ohmes-raht, Alfig, and the more common Suthay-raht are conducting business in just about every corner of the city. Just about anything imaginable could be bought in the market. One vendor had a live troll in a cage, for those who want the freshest troll fat possible.

The White Moon Hotel located in the inner city operated by Bhirshasa and her little brother Buz. We rented the suite complete with dinner for 150 gold.

By her looks Bhirshasa is Ohmes while her brother going by his height and tail Buz may be a Suthay or a Dagi, just a guess.

While in the area we might as well stop by Corinthe’s Mages Guild for an official visit. You could tell that there hasn’t an official visit here in a long time. The way they all jumped from their seats when we walked in on their dinner was hilarious. Plates, cups, and food went flying everywhere.

Maybe they did overdo it with all the “yes archmage” and “what can I do for you archmage” stuff. But, it sure wouldn’t hurt those at the University in the Imperial City where the Archmage is often treated like a first year apprentice, to show similar courtesies.

After our meeting with Archmage Kreion, we returned to the White Moon Hotel for dinner before retiring for the night.

It was mid-morning as we were passing through the plaza when we saw Bhirshasa an Ohmes talking to Shedzana an Ohmes-raht. It’s hard to tell them apart unless you know what to look for. The Ohmes-raht has slightly more rounded ears set high up on the head, plus a tail. On the other hand the Ohmes have pointed Bosmer-like ears that sit low on the sides of the head, and are tailless.

Stopping in the local bookstore we ran into an old friend from Vivec city.

“Jobasha my cat, haven’t seen you since the Morrowind affair. By the Goddess, Jobasha what happened to your legs?”

Over lunch, Jobasha told a tale of how after returning to Elsweyr he was attacked by a glyptodont. Both his legs were shattered horribly. The closest healer was a young Imperial. The inexperienced and not so talented Imperial healer reconstructed his legs wrong. On the bright side, it does make shopping for boots easier.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 2 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #1260

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy spent many happy hours in Elsweyr while playing Oblivion. It fit into the game so smoothly and was part of her normal 'rounds'. I do remember those sand storms though! I had forgotten how the modder included some variation in the Khajiit. ESO is really good about that as you deal with tiny alfiq and giant senche-raht.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:24 PM