TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 12 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #321

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 11 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Oooooh!!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 12 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #322

Master
Group Icon

I might add all three of those into Elizabeth's load order. I've always wanted to have a character featured around the .44, but the ammo is so damn scarce.

Pop a .38 receiver in it, add in some cool barrel options, and fan that bizitch at some raider scum!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 12 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #323

Ancient
Group Icon

Well after reading about the “fan the hammer” mod, it sounds incomplete. The animation only works in first person, which isn’t really a problem if you only play in that perspective, but Khajiit is a little picky and wants something to work no matter how he chooses to play. Also, the creator says the accuracy is crap, which is probably realistic, but a gunslinger in the mold of The Man with No Name should be pretty accurate even while fanning. Dunno, just seems a bit janky.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 16 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #324

Ancient
Group Icon

Robo Leg Outfits = another Elianora creation. This adds a bunch of outfits that include a robotic leg.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #325

Ancient
Group Icon

Standalone NCR Ranger Sequoia .44 Mangum = This mod adds the Ranger Sequoia from New Vegas. It comes in two versions. One changes all the .44s to the Sequoia. The other adds 4 omods that you can add to any .44 to turn it into a Sequoia. I am using the latter. The textures are outstanding.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 19 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #326

Ancient
Group Icon

I started using Transfer Settlements a few days ago. With my last few characters I have been taking the time to build walls and some gun turrets around every settlement I help. But it gets tiresome. Since I had most of the settlements done in Annie's game, I used Transfer Settlements to make blueprints of them all. With my newest character I was able to take one and instantly set up Abernathy Farm. Very nice. It is a huge timesaver.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 19 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #327

Master
Group Icon

Found a new handy mod and it seems to be working well. It's called Settlement Attacks Improved, and it tweaks them nicely. They are turned into full quests instead of misc. objectives and only one will happen at a time.

The attack won't begin until you arrive at the settlement, and all the enemies will be marked.

If another one does come under attack, it won't start a quest until the current active one is complete.

Works perfectly so far!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 22 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #328

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 19 2018, 12:43 PM) *
I started using Transfer Settlements a few days ago. With my last few characters I have been taking the time to build walls and some gun turrets around every settlement I help. But it gets tiresome. Since I had most of the settlements done in Annie's game, I used Transfer Settlements to make blueprints of them all. With my newest character I was able to take one and instantly set up Abernathy Farm. Very nice. It is a huge timesaver.

I gave up on walls back when I still played on the PS4. It was virtually impossible to make a settlement wall without gaps.

Place Everywhere makes this much easier on the PC, but I still don't really wall them in. I usually try other creative defense methods first.

Lately, I started using a combo of Craftable Turret Stands and PCDug's Build a Wall mods. The new junk wall options from the latter include pieces that are close to 3x the height of regular junk walls. I will put one of those up, attach a turret stand towards the top, and run a wire to it from the back via the Pass-through Power Conduits mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 22 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #329

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't have too much trouble with making walls without gaps. Place Everywhere helps, but is not perfect. What I do is fill in the small gaps with some small pieces I have found. The wooden wall set has a pair of pieces toward the back that look more like doors, which you can put almost anywhere. I slap those over gaps or holes in the bottoms.

Homemaker also has lots more wall options, including the Covenant style concrete walls. That set has a pair of really thin endcap pieces. When I have non-right angle, I use those to extend a piece of wall so that it runs into the one it abuts. That creates a surface with no gaps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 22 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #330

Master
Group Icon

It was murder on the console. Those junk walls leave huge gaps in vanilla, and never look good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 23 2018, 01:44 AM
Post #331

Ancient
Group Icon

I never use the Junk Fence. I go under Structure -> Wooden -> Walls, and use the first piece that comes up. This is it. The entire wall of them looks like this.

Toward the end of the same group is this piece and the one following it. They both are my band-aids, and they can be placed over almost anything. Great for little gaps or holes in other pieces, or even filling up windows in buildings.

Best of all, this is all vanilla.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 23 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #332

Master
Group Icon

I did that sometimes and usually went a step further and put down concrete foundations, too. I think the most successful and dedicated I ever got with it was when I made Fort Taffington.

Hard to believe that was almost two years ago!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 23 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #333

Ancient
Group Icon

Fort Taffington looks outstanding! I never go to that much work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 24 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #334

Master
Group Icon

Thanks! smile.gif That video was actually before I finished it, now that I remember. As you can see it is sparsely decorated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 24 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #335

Master
Group Icon

Watching that actually made me nostalgic for playing FO4 on the PS4. Next time I have a lazy day, I may boot it up for old time's sake.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 26 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #336

Ancient
Group Icon

Start Me Up has had a pretty big update. The new version has more starting locations. Here is a map of all the locations. It also has more options for starting gear (though I still don't really understand what class comes with what gear). Finally, it even gives you the option of starting at a higher level.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 27 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #337

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 26 2018, 04:42 PM) *

Start Me Up has had a pretty big update. The new version has more starting locations. Here is a map of all the locations. It also has more options for starting gear (though I still don't really understand what class comes with what gear). Finally, it even gives you the option of starting at a higher level.

Ooh! Khajiit has been kicking around the idea of reinstalling the game and reselecting what mods to use. This will definitely be on the list!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 2 2018, 01:13 AM
Post #338

Ancient
Group Icon

Has anyone here tried any solar power mods?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 2 2018, 01:26 AM
Post #339

Ancient
Group Icon

I did not know there were any.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 2 2018, 01:33 AM
Post #340

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 1 2018, 06:26 PM) *

I did not know there were any.

Neither did Khajiit until recently. He was looking at the “January Featured Mods” article over at Beth.net and saw that there were a couple on there. This one then moseyed on over to Nexus and found one that that had good marks.

Here we go.

Might be an interesting option for some characters.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:59 AM