Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
SubRosa
post Dec 25 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #981

Ancient
Group Icon

Donald Trump fired Sarah! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

She is looking good in her gold outfit. It fits perfectly with her blond hair.

W00T! Sarah has a Nimbus 200!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #982

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 24 2016, 06:12 PM) *

(NPC big-face warning for mALX, wink.gif )

rollinglaugh.gif My Christmas wasn't ruined by a freak out huge face, this one stayed minimized, lol. What happened with that last one was that - for some reason it maximized on opening, lol.

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 24 2016, 06:12 PM) *

Job termination is now official

Sarah spends her days hidden in Summitmist

And portions of night stalking the unaware

But she is surprised by a visit from Khul Peppa, who informs her that the broom she gave Sarah several weeks ago is magical. But Khul will not divulge any secrets about Matilde Petit.

Doubtfully, Sarah walks outside of town, and summons the magic within the broom

And lo. Brooms aren't just for cleaning anymore

Her ride begins slowly

But soon, she's having fun, playing under moonlight

She gets higher, and higher, straight up she finds

Higher, and higher, leave it all behind!

But her fun soon comes to an end. The sky, it begins to grow light.

santa.gif

I am just totally floored by how fun your modding is! I would give anything to play these mods! Your imagination is amazing !!!! And is that SubRosa's broom she is flying around on?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 25 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #983

Master
Group Icon

Wow, Sarah has her very own broom now. Some people get PipBoys but Sarah got a broom - who's more cool now? wink.gif Great shots as she's flying high in the sky with Moons behind her. Why do I have a feeling that she's going to fly to Fort Istirus soon enough?

Khul (being a ghost) did not need to knock on Sarah's door, though she did so out of courtesy.

That has to be my favorite sentence from this story.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 31 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #984

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha I knew some folks would be like "WTF" about that update. I found that broom mod on somebody's homemade website two summers ago (not Nexus or PES, but literally some cheapie geocities-looking website), even before I started Sarah's game, and I've been sitting on it all this time, until the story caught up. It's really fun, especially buzzing over enemies and whatnot.

Acadian: yes that scene with Mog is funny, especially because Mog fires her unnecessarily, because Sarah has no desire to work anymore, anyways. I think that'd be a cool thing to happen though, to get fired from my job but then have a ghost show up at my house and give me a magical, flying broom. hehe.gif

SubRosa: She finally changed out of her barmaid's clothes, yep! She'll be doing this more often now.

mALX: SubRosa made a broom mod too? :ohmy: Thanks for your kind words. If you ever want, I can write a quest for you. I'd be delighted to.

Lopov: She flew over Fort Istrius. I'm not sure if she'll ever go inside there. Hmm.

Time for Kahreem of Weet, which means switching from past perspective to present perspective. I dunno why, but I've always used present for Kahreem's story, maybe because everything has more of an immediate impact.

------------------------------------------

11:25 am, Second Seed 16, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 263

IPB Image

The door before him is locked up tight. Kahreem of Weet is glad to have a key now to open it. He notices that the key the living Jakben gave him (for this door) is slightly different from the one he'd pickpocketed from Jakben's housemate. *Clink!* goes its lock, and the Redguard finds himself in the Imbel Family Crypt.

"Guess it was nothing," says a female voice. Voices ... down here?

Kahreem shivers, and is very glad he's got his Dark Brotherhood robe and hood on, with his Ring of Shadows there to back it all up. Voices down here could only mean that there are ghosts up ahead, and he has no intention of getting tangled up with those. He crouches down, and moves forward slowly. Risks his torch. Turns around fully; all 360 degrees. Turns out, he's in an area that looks more like a cave than a crypt. The place is very dark. When he lit his torch, he saw a coffin nearby, located in a cut-out section of rock. First order of business is to loot this coffin, and 38 gold are his, just like that.

"Ha. So this is where the rich people keep their gold," he whispers. "I'll have to look for hidden crypt-doors in their homes from now on."

The area of cave he is in goes forward and bends to the left. Up ahead it is PITCH black. Really dark. But he hears a bit of air blowing nearby, and figures out that it's whooshing through a nearby door. Unfortunately, this door is locked with a 4-tumbler. And it's too early to start breaking lockpicks, when the fokkinge key might be down here all the while.

He risks his torch again. Turns out, the area ahead of him dead-ends to a wall-full of fallen rock. A 'cave-in', is what they called it. Nowhere to go, except back to that locked door. Fokke! Four tumblers to go. But Kahreem gets lucky and this time it only takes him three tries before he gets inside. There's some glowing moss up ahead, and because of this, he sees a figure ahead, before she sees him.

She's not a ghost though. She's an armored orc, with a large battleaxe on her back. As Kahreem gets closer, he can see she's got some expensive armor too, and her axe looks enchanted with some sort of red magic. He tries to pickpocket her, but does not find anything of use, or importance. But he also notices that his try at looting her goes completely unnoticed. Not bad, Redguard.

Then, another door is ahead, and this one is not far from the orc in the expensive armor. He'll have to be really quiet as he picks this one. No cursing aloud, that's for damn sure. And oddly, the orc does not notice, as there are suddenly constant clicking noises coming from a few yards away, and then the door she's standing by suddenly opens. This door also suddenly closes. Though she seems completely unaware that there's an intruder in her midst, Kahreem begins to get the idea that she's not just an orc. For she stands completely still, as though she's struck a pose and has no intention of breaking it.

IPB Image

Behind this second locked door is a small, oval-shaped room, with a second coffin to open. And this coffin turns out to be the one. It's got Jakben's name inscripted right upon it. But there are no boots inside.

Fokke!

Kahreem does find a journal though, along with an old warhammer and some moldy, rich-man's clothes. Unable to contain his curiosity, he lights his torch right then and there, secure that the orc woman in the next chamber won't be able to see him.

I knew a man who was a great thief. He dared steal from Nocturnal herself! How odd that I cannot seem to recall his name. I think we were friends, but I'm not certain. In three days I will venture into Taren's crypt. Graverobbing alone is dangerous. Maybe I should try to find a partner. Didn't I once know a great thief?

I begin this second entry in the second valume of my diary on a momentous day. Actually it is night, the night when my second life begins. It will be forever night for me. I have become one of the children of the night. a son to mother wolf and brother to the bat. I am nosFeratu, a vampiyre. Tonight is the first night of the rest of eternity.

I rediscovered this diary today. It has been 13 years since I last wrote in it. With an eternity before, and the blood hunger ever pulsing in my veins, there is little urgency for diaries, or much of anything. Amiela is calling to me. I must go.

Has it really been 89 years since I last wrote? The pages are getting fragile. I have rediscoverd purpose, though it took nearly a century. I have finally gained some measure of control over the blood frenzy. I think I will try to establish a life among the living in one of their great cities.

I had forgotten about this diary. I won't bother to calculate how many decades it has been since I last wrote in it. The cattle of this city know me as Jakben, Earl of Imbel. Centuries ago I knew myself as Springheel Jak, the famous thief. I seem to recall having a famous partner, but his name escapes me. No matter. I have grown beyond friends ant partners. I rule the night here in this city.

Well, the orc woman doesn't see him, somebody else does! And this 'somebody else' just happens to be an unseen. Walks right up to Kahreem (his robe and magical ring suddenly worthless) and the sound of a blade being unsheathed is now heard. *shink!* Immediately, the Redguard drops Jakben's diary into his night-sack, and before he can take any damage, he moves swiftly out of Jakben's coffin-room.

"Hey hey hey, everybody easy now!"

The orc in the next room casts some sort of spell, and is now invisible, just like the unseen ghost who came at him with some sort of knife is. But again, Kahreem is too quick for her. As he rushes out of there, he notices several other unseens are suddenly about, unsheathing blades, and casting magic. So it's good this underground crypt is not too large. Kahreem was able to memorize its layout, and within seconds, he's back in Jakben Imbel's cellar, where it's bright and pleasant again. Crouches down. Maybe the crypt-keepers will not follow him out here.

But one of them certainly does. He notices a change in his vision up ahead, as one of 'them' decides to leave the safety the crypt. "Fokke!" Whoever it is casts an immediate fireball at the Reduard, striking him with sudden, brilliant warmth, but not doing very much real damage. Kahreem rushes out of the cellar, back into the Imbel's upper residence (pleasant music playing once again), and out into the Talos Plaza district, where it's now daylight and clear skies.

-0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0-

4:28 pm

"FORRRR THE EMPIRE!!!"

At first, the Redguard thinks they're all after him, but the guard initially running toward Kahreem suddenly veers in another direction, readying his silver sword, and headed back toward the Imbel house. Although Kahreem can't see entirely what's going on, whoever has followed him out here casts a summons, so that now there's a ghost floating, probably to confuse the guards.

"This ends here!"

"Nooo!"

But the guards aren't so easily confused. Suddenly, three of them have converged upon the unseen figure (or one of them) who'd followed him out of the Imbel household. Swords flail, and arrows fly. The unseen figure takes multiple strikes of damage, while a lady in red clothes, who'd initially been helping with her fists, suddenly decides it's just too much for her to handle.

But then it's all over. The enemy is fallen, its body & armor now fully visible. Phew. Kahreem saunters up to the fallen figure, still wearing his Ring of Shadows, and decides nobody will mind if he loots this dead body, right then and there.

"How goes it?" offers the lady in red clothes, her voice completely pleasant.

"Not bad," answers one of the Talos Plaza guards, reclaiming his usual, professional calm.

"Take care," answers the lady, suddenly looking forward to the stories she'd soon be gossiping, all over town. I was there when it happened!

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 21 2023, 09:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 1 2017, 01:56 AM
Post #985

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew, that was a close call for Kahreem getting out of that small crypt with armored bladed invisible foes all around! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 1 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #986

Master
Group Icon

I enjoyed this update and was curious how will Kahreem deal with vampires under Jakben's house. I think he chose the best possible solution by avoiding all but the most important of them. It was clever to lure Jakben out and let others finish him off. The part about doors opening and closing in the full sight of the Orc was funny. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 3 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #987

Councilor
Group Icon

What does the text in Jakben's note look like to you all? Is it written in cursive, in a weird-looking font? Oddly, some computers show it in the font I selected (from Notepad's Rich Text format) while on other computers it just looks like Times Roman.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #988

Paladin
Group Icon

It displays in New Times Roman for me. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 3 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #989

Councilor
Group Icon

And for me and me. (I tried two different browsers, both on PC)

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 3 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #990

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Heh, I seem to have missed this Kahreem update. Nice that he got the boots now biggrin.gif

And Sarah flies on a broom?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #991

Councilor
Group Icon

Yah, he finally got those boots! Actually, it didn't take him too many tries. Just think back to the days when he was supposed to steal Ahdarji's ring from the Countess...and it was week after week of me writing about his blunders.

I used a font called AR Berkley in Jakben's note. Wanted to try something other than Comic Sans. I'll see if I can use my work computer (which is older) to get a different font tomorrow, because the cursive in that note really makes it stand out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 7 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #992

Councilor
Group Icon

Sundas, Frostfall 14, 4th Era Year 5

IPB Image

"Sarah no longer works here? Oh how dreadful. Is she well? Have you seen her recently?"

Mog gra-Mogakh had nothing positive to say about Sarah Phimm though, leaving Joan of Arkay even more mystified. Where is Sarah Phimm? Where did she go? She had definitely been here in Skingrad, according to the way Mog answers my questions. So she made it back from Chorrol....

The more Joan questioned Mog though, the more agitated the orc became. It was as if she were glad to be rid of Sarah, for whatever reason. From what Joan could discern, Sarah had not been a good barmaid, but she had at leasst been showing up steadily for work, until one day she just didn't come in. No warning, no note, and no more job for Sarah.

"Would you perchance have an inkling of where I might have the fortune to locate her?"

This brought Mog's annoyance down just a notch or two; in fact the orc seemed happier that Joan would soon be leaving her tavern, even if she hadn't bought any drinks or meals.

"Oh yes, I know where that Breton trash might be located. Try Summitmist Manor, right here in Skingrad. It's said some odd things happened there in the past, some sort of mass murdering. Anyway, one day Sarah showed up to work, and told me she wouldn't need to be renting a room from me anymore. Because she's just inherited Summitmist. Beats me how she got it, but she had a deed and a title, and was even able to talk down some guards from arresting her for trespassing. The wench."

Joan had to hold her tongue from giving the orc a lashing; or from pummeling Mog with a flurry of fists. She'd met necromancers who were more cordial than Mog. But at least Mog had been helpful.

... and later on, after searching the meandering streets of Skingrad, Joan of Arkay finally found Summitmist. Knocked on its door, several times. No answer. Nobody answered, yet Joan had been dealing with the afterlife for a long time now. And to her, the silence inside the place seemed to have a life all its own.

---

Frostfall 14, 8:55 pm
As the sun was going down on this day, and crickets began to chirp, Oorly, the man who ran Skingrad's branch of the Gold Horse Courier, returned to his establishment. He'd had his usual dinner over at Two Sisters Lodge, as he did so nearly every day. Tonight's meal was some sort of venison stew, with lots of wild herbs and mushrooms in there to constantly keep one's tastebuds guessing. Mog's new cook and barmaid was more adventurous with her choice of ingredients than her former employee, the youthful one with the red hair.

Being a Gold Horse Courier employee meant doing several jobs every day, so that Oorly was not only in charge of local courier assignments, but also helping citizens with money--dispensing and depositing currency to and from Skingrad's bank. He sometimes also had various small job offerings, though he wasn't anybody's official boss. Normally, his day was ordinary and pleasant, if a bit dull at times. But this was just the way he liked it. After work (and after dinner), he would then return to his establishment, which featured plenty of living space. So therefore, he lived above his workplace, like so many other merchants of Cyrodiil.

Today, however, Oorly found himself dreading his return home. Scant rays of sunlight, dwindling off. Twin moons in the sky. Sounds of night-birds. Normally, all these things were of no consequence for this dutiful Gold Horse Courier employee...

What happened to her? The redhead? When did she stop working at Two Sisters? Was it a week ago? Two weeks?

...but lately, and tonight in particular, Oorly felt a sort of woe in the pit of his stomach. A sort of woe ... and almost a sick sort of feeling.

She was in my dream! Last night! ... And the night before!

Suddenly, he remembered. The redheaded serveant who had helped Mog tend to Two Sisters customers...SHE had been in some sort of recurring dream of his. And this dream had started (oddly) in Oorly's own bedroom, but ended somewhere else. Had she wanted to embrace me? To kiss me? ... but he could not remember entirely. All he could recall was that her presence was both welcoming and bothersome. He'd been happy to see her, in a way he'd rarely felt happiness before. She'd been a delightful sight every night as she'd served his food in the past, and now here she was in his dreams!

But he'd also been not so glad to see her. Startled. Alarmed, even.

And it was this vexing set of mind-conflicts which caused Oorly to finally wonder if he should begin locking his doors at night. He'd never locked them before, because leaving them open would allow couriers to come in at all hours. They could then grab their next delivery job at their convenience, and be on their way. Such leniency with unlocked doors allowed the entire BHC network to operate much more efficiently, of course.

But still, the question was there. "But I can't do that!" Oorly protested in his soft-spoken voice, speaking to the nearest wall. "Oh stuff it, you silly man. Just a dream. That's all. Nothing to be afraid of. Besides, what would the rest of the Black Horse Courier think, if one of its delegates began locking his doors at night? Heh, I might even get black-listed if word got around about that."

Luckily for Oorly, the night of Frostfall 14 would be the first good night's sleep he'd have in awhile. With absolutely no dreams of the redhead.

-------------

Sundas, Frost Fall 14

I reside within a place for mortals' resting to-night, known as 'Brina Cross Inn', just north of Anvil. Quite a heapful of tales to add to my diary to-night, as I have not scribed within its pages now for sundred days. And where to begin?

My return. Back to Summitnist, where Farnacas Collins was, quite expectedly, still present. I had knowing of such, as I was Serty had mentioned he would still be dwelling within my manor's walls. Though his un-wanted habitation, along with my customary preference for solitude, might come in conflict, I have also the rationale to accept Farnacas. So I have done so. I have grown not to like the man, this seemly patriarch of the un-living, but I have grown to accept him. In terms of my newfound 'gift' of darkness eternal, I am but a mere novice. I need the wisdom, the instruction, the conveyance, of one else from my kind.

And besides, the man rarely makes any sort of appearance within my home. Oft-times, he goes away. To where? I know not, and care not.

And so, one might wonder about this new 'life' of mine? Yes, my nightly routines have for-surely seen revision; they have surely witnessed intensive change. Night, it has become my time of stirring, and this "stirring" shalt not be scribed within this tome, for reasons well-suited to secrecy.

But 'twas one night, just two days' passed, whence I had the most rema remarkable visitation, from one unanticipated guest. Khul Peppa, that spectre who dwelleth amongst the chapel's graves, did approach, and politely knocked, upon my front door, just as twilight made greeting. The purpose of her meeting was to inform me (now prepare thyself) that the broom she gave to me in several weeks' past, is magical. That, as a fact of matter, it can fly.

It can fly. It can fly! A broom which flies. Was given to me. To me! ... Of course, my first guessing was to fully doubt that such a thing could ever be. But as I scribe this presently, I sit far from Skingrad. And in fact have also sojourned to Kvatch, which is not of my recommendation to any who some-day read this, for Kvatch, apparantly once Cyrodiil's ninth walled township, has become a den of thieves, out-laws, and varmints. I should know this, as those who presently dwell within Kvatch were not appreciative of my presence, and in fact, chased and maimed me. Were it not for my vampiric resistance to their metallic weaponry, I might have, in fct become one of their death-trophies.

But to my point. Were it not for this magical broom, I would not of definiance had the ability to even
make travels to these places. To Kvatch, to Brina Cross, and to-morrow, to Anvil. I would, in fact, be foundered within Skingad, almost of permanence.

I have therefore, been presented quite a gift. A gift of unique ability, for sure. To glide, swoop, and soar high above the West Weald plains, the Great Forest, and who might know where next? Each day the same, within some bed or chambered girth. With my cursed nature, I can no longer enjoy the sun-light.

But I can and do gather felicity amongst the nightful, amongst the birds of darkness, amongst Secunda and Masser. And my nightly adventures, I feel, have only begun.

Sarah still has dreams. She often dreams of the days when she was a meek & mild barmaid.

This is what happens now, if she tries to enjoy some sun.

Her nights have become her days, and often involve moments like this one, persuading one of her two Skingrad victims that "you shall feel such delight."

Serty taught Sarah well. She always wins these 'persuasion contests.'

Approaching Kvatch (I later used the 'close gate' console command here, but I love this pic with it still open).

Gloomy Kvatch

Several years after the Oblivion Crisis is over, the place is still in ruins. Sort of.

Another flying pic

santa.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 21 2023, 09:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #993

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful stuff, Renee! I find myself hoping that Joan does not find Sarah. Such a meeting does not seem likely to go well. Woot! Sarah takes to her broom like a bat to the night sky!

Some fabulous screenshots. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #994

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 7 2017, 04:41 PM) *

Sarah still has dreams. She often dreams of the days when she was a meek & mild barmaid.

This is what happens now, if she tries to enjoy some sun.

Her nights have become her days, and often involve moments like this one, persuading one of her two Skingrad victims that "you shall feel such delight."

Serty taught Sarah well. She always wins these 'persuasion contests.'

Approaching Kvatch (I later used the 'close gate' console command here, but I love this pic with it still open).

Gloomy Kvatch

Several years after the Oblivion Crisis is over, the place is still in ruins. Sort of.

Another flying pic

santa.gif

These screens are amazing!!! Some of the best you have taken! Poor Sarah !!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 8 2017, 04:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 9 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #995

Master
Group Icon

Sarah Phimm stirred up lives of several people. Joan is trying to track her down, Oorly can't sleep because of her and bandits of Kvatch can rant and rave all they want but they can't reach her on her flying broom. Nice pics too, especially the last one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 15 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #996

Councilor
Group Icon

Gaming with Sarah is very fun in her new "state". emot-ninja1.gif I thought it might be. Once the initial quests were done (with Joan and Fort Carmala and Chorrol) I would start gaming with her as a vampire, fully exploring the Vampire Power mod, while taking lots of screeneis and flying around on her broom. smile.gif This phase of Sarah will last for awhile methinks, but there will be some really amazing bits to come as well, storywise.

This past week though, Sarah flew to Anvil, where she fed off a couple of the seamen who live in the Fo'ci'cle (however it's spelled). I find that she mostly feeds from men. She had a perfect chance at Mirabelle Monet, yet turned it down. She did feed from a woman who lives in one of the mod-added towns in her game, though she was getting desperate at the time. She doesn't like to feed off the same people all the time though, so there's often a bit of exploration going on once the sun goes down, for new victims.

And once the feeding is done, there's usually a mad dash back to Skingrad, before the sun comes up. panic.gif Anyway, now let's see what my Redguard is up to.

------------------------------------------

Loredas, 10:32 am, Second Seed 18

Days Passed: 264

Level: 13

Current Gold: 2,640

Kahreem of Weet gets a late start on the 18th of Second Seed. Gets up, lazes out of his favorite Marie Elena bed to go find something to wear. Then again, why not just wear what he's got on? A set of brown-colored clothes? This way, he won't be overdressed as he leaves the Waterfront. He also decides he'll bring his dwemer mace + steel shield, steel helmet, new mithril boots, some food, some Cheap Wine, and (of course) the Boots of Springheel Jak. How can he forget those?

It's raining softly outside, but it's not a cold rain. "Oh blast! My Dark Brotherhood outfit!"

How can he forget that too? This warrants a trip backwards, into his ship's galley, and then below-deck again. Grabs his robe + hood, and then begins to walk.

"If there's a complaint," says a Redguard man, "speak to Vinicia Melissaeia".

"She takes all the complaints but nothing ever seems to happen." The groan of a grown woman.

"Hmm." The Redguard has nothing further to say, apparently he's stumped on that one.

"So long."

"Be seeing -- HELP! HELP! COME QUICK COME QUICK, WE'VE GOT A BURGULAR!"

This time, it's a white horse which Kahreem steals, and as usual, he's gone in a flash. He's gone well before any of the Waterfront's guards can react. Storms off toward the main bridge across Lake Rumare, while the Weet Bandit punches the air triumphantly. As he crosses the bridge he begins to slow. Nobody is chasing him. But this changes once he passes through Weye, and reaches the Red Ring Road. Immediately upon sight, a guard who'd been patrolling off his horse suddenly gets upon it.

"Here we go again."

The guard rushes near the Redguard as the rain continues to pour, "STOP RIGHT THERE, criminal scum. NOBODY beaks the law on MY watch."

"Really? Are you sure? You are saying that nobody ever breaks the law on your watch. But I just did an hour ago."

"I'll be confiscating your stolen goods. Now pay your fine, or it's off to jail."

"No you won't. By regulatory law, you must now dismount your horse while you pursue me. An odd guideline if I may say so, sir. You've got your horse, I've got mine, and horses are much faster than you are. So guess who's going to win this one?"

"Then PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!"

"It's a coup I tell you," Kahreem says, trying to sound flummoxed. "The count and his wife paid for this! I'm merely an escort!"

"Come back here!"

"Fokke, didn't work."

By the time he rides by Fort Empire though, Kahreem has ridden the white horse through a virtual slalom of turns and switchbacks on the hill to his left. The guard does not seem to follow, for he is nowhere to be seen. And luckily, the troll which has been residing at this fort for the past day or two also doesn't notice as the tasty Redguard on an even tastier horse rides by.

"Phew."

He makes it to Aleswell by nightfall. Luckily for him, no guards happened to patrol this particular stretch of road, for whatever reason. Maybe they're afraid to because they think the place is haunted? ... He corrals the horse into Aleswell's appropriate animal stable, dismounts, and closes the stable's gate. Immediately, the white begins fidgeting, trying to find some means of escape, and making Kahreem wish he'd been able to steal a bay instead of a fidgety white.

"What to you want?"

"Huh?"

"Talk to Diram in the inn," says an orc who'd been plowing the village's field. "I'm tired of this minstrel's freakshow our town has turned into."

"Oh. How could I forget? You all are still invisible. Well don't feel so bad actually. I'm going to be invisible too, while I'm here. See? Ring on. No more Redguard bandit."

"May your kills be quick and many."

"Eh, now that's the spirit orc. You don't know how many times I get people coming up to me saying 'Shadow hide you', or 'shadow hide the hunter.' As though I'm in the Thieves Guild, or something. You know what I mean? Can you imagine the audacity some people have, to assume such a thing?"

"That's fine news!" says the orc merrily.

"What-ever."

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 16 2017, 02:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 16 2017, 08:34 AM
Post #997

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Chalk one up for the home boy; another horse taken and no guard in sight! Well, not after reaching Aleswell anyway biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 16 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #998

Master
Group Icon

It's a coup I tell you," Kahreem says, trying to sound flummoxed. "The count and his wife paid for this! I'm merely an escort!"

WTF?! biggrin.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 16 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #999

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah this one's pretty funny! I had no idea. I wrote it while in a Nyquil fog...been sick all weekend. biggrin.gif I didn't even edit it, so sloppy of me! I just did so now though. smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #1000

Paladin
Group Icon

'He corrals the horse into Aleswell's appropriate animal stable, dismounts, and closes the stable's gate. Immediately, the white begins fidgeting, trying to find some means of escape, and making Kahreem wish he'd been able to steal a bay instead of a fidgety white.' - - Love how Kahreem's vast experience in horse thievery comes with intimate knowledge of the dismounted behavior of each type once dismounted. No wonder the bays are normally his first choice. I loved that quirk in the game and eventually learned it applies to the Legion bays as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:16 AM