Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 116 117 118 119 120 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Lena Wolf
post Jan 4 2024, 07:57 PM
Post #2341

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 4 2024, 05:38 PM) *

Canned Heat - 1968. The 1969 Woodstock performance was over 10-minutes long. The solos just seemed to go on forever. Had to be there. I was 19 just out of high school, too much to remember. whistling.gif

I was contemplating being born... but waited until September. Damn, that made me miss the festival! mad.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2024, 08:15 PM
Post #2342

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha I was born in 1969! laugh.gif Enjoyed the video. I remember some other song Canned Heat did: "I'm goin' home" or something. Believe me, I was completely obsessed with Woodstock when I became a teen. I'd scold my parents, because they knew about the 3-day concert (it was advertized in the Washington Post), yet chose not to go. ☮ "But I was carrying you..." my mom argued. Yeah, guess she's right. indifferent.gif Still...

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 4 2024, 08:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 5 2024, 04:41 AM
Post #2343

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm Going Home, that would be a Ten Years After song. Could be thinking of Canned Heat's Goin Up the Country.

Seems like there was a lot of going home sentiment back then.

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 5 2024, 04:46 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 11 2024, 08:08 AM
Post #2344

Mouth
Group Icon

20240111 Gweden Expansion - Goldie
Leaving Elenglynn after a quiet night’s rest the trail took us further north where it curved around the Jemain brother’s farmhouse, and crossed the River Ethe before turning north toward Chorrol. We stopped to visit with the brothers before crossing the Ethe and heading south. It was good to hear that the Jemains were doing well catering to hungry and thirsty hikers on the River Ethe Trail.

We like to party
We like, we like to party
We like to party
We like, we like to party
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
Happiness is just around the corner
Hey now, hey now, hear what I say now
We'll be there for you

After leaving the Jemain’s we crossed the Ethe where we diverged off the trail to go south to find Sanguine’s Shrine. As we approached the Shrine of Sanguine joyous sounds of singing could be heard. The song was a light bouncy little tune that makes one want to get up and dance a jig. Nothing like the chanting of dull and somber psalms one would expect to hear at a shrine. Yet, the song did have a strange mystical spirit lifting effect on us. It’s the Shrine of Sanguine after all.

One voice stood out. The woman’s voice was sultry, kind of breathy with a come-hither condescension lilt to it that sounded very familiar. Cresting the hill, there sat Fiona, the fiery haired witch from Secunda. Tossing her long flowing auburn hair, Fiona flashed a smile greater than the silvery moon and raced to embrace me

“Amado Mio,” Fiona said excitedly. “Rumor says a party exotic is happening. So, I wait on you.”

With a kiss on the cheek Fiona released me, then with a stern look said, “For a more proper greeting you really must get softer cuirass.”

Our reunion was rudely interrupted when Engorm, a Bosmer and apparent leader of the worshippers of the Daedric prince Sanguine, informed me that to gain audience with Sanguine I will have to present an offering of Cyrodilic Brandy.

“Here, you may have need of these.” Fiona winked, reached into her shift and pulled out two bottles of Cyrodilic Brandy.

Not asking how she could conceal the two bottles, I took one and poured the brandy over the feet of the statue, stood back and waited.

“Who dares dye my party toes purple?” echoed from the shrine

“Sanguine, Lord of Revelry…” I began not really knowing what I was going to say.

”You! So, you finally got around to paying me a visit. You claim to have no use for the Princes yet here you are seeking one. What is it you want?”

Fiona leaned in close to whisper in my ear. The Wolf has a request, now that’s interesting. Maybe I can use it to gain an advantage.

Turning to the shrine I smiled and with a flippant wave of my hand the barest hint of magic flowed, I continued.
“I’ve been asked, if ever I was in the vicinity, to bring salutations and warm wishes from Wolf to her dear, dear friend.”

“Dear, dear friend?” Sanguine questioned. For a brief moment a whimsical smirk of a smile crossed his face. “Yes, you could say that. How…”

Suddenly, realizing that he was being played with, the tall granite statue’s head turned to look down at me.

“I know of you.” The voice of Sanguine continued. “So don’t think I’m as easy a mark as my friend Vaermina. She couldn’t resist telling me how you bested her at her own game in the Adense Dungeon. Why, if the Weaver of Dreams was mortal I’d say she blushes with hidden desire when your name is mentioned. Just for fun, I bring it up often so I can watch her squirm in her seat.”

In a hush whisper Sanguine said, “Between you and me, I think the Dreamweaver rather enjoyed getting spanked.”

“Nor am I as gullible as Mehrunes Dagon.” Sanguine was pivoting from serious to jovial back to serious faster than the Ladies trying on clothes at the Goddess Store.

”Loved how you maneuvered the Prince of Being Defeated into a battle with the Dragon of Time, great touch by the way. All of Oblivion is laughing. He’ll be a long time living that one down. No matter, I will not be tricked so easily. I am the master of fun and games after all. I know all the tricks. Regardless of what the Half-a-Mind Trickster says, it is I who invented them.”

Sanguine bent down to take a closer look at the Jandaga and his ladies. Having never seen the statue animated before, Sanguine’s worshipers Ashni, Engorm, and Faurinthil slowly backed towards the edge of the shrine’s yard in a state of shock. This was getting to be more party than they bargained for.

”Yes, I see now,” the voice of Sanguine continued. “You’re one of them. I thought we got rid of your kind long ago and these field hippies, they’re your Sylphim followers I presume?”

“But that one, the apostate Daedra Seducer,” pointing at Kaleah, Sanguine’s attention turned back to me. “You survived the Burning Blade, tamed the Savage Heart, stole her from Mehrunes and made her your mistress! How? You don’t have green eyes.”

The Ladies bristled at Sanguine’s words. When the statue’s stony finger poked at Kaleah’s heart, four pairs of eyes focused sharply on the Sanguine statue. Kaleah, Elenya, and Pym with deliberate slowness loosed their swords in their scabbards. Fiona not having a sword readied her staff.

Sanguine straightened up, bent over backwards roaring with laughter. Looking toward the heavens, he gave a mighty shout. “Ho, such bravado they have! No wonder Mehrunes Dagon chose to fight the dragon. The Prince of Being Defeated didn’t want to treat with the ancients.”

In an instant Sanguine bent down to face me eye to eye, the laughter in Sanguine’s voice died away. With a deadly serious voice, he hissed, “And neither do I. Tell me truthfully, you don’t have the God Killer spear you used against Vivec so choose your words carefully, what really brings you here?”

“Oh, nothing much,” I calmly said. “Just need a golden Saint for some, um, you know… good times.”

“Ha!” The Lord of Passionate Indulgences did a little dance on the dais and shouted with glee. “Such a bold Aelf we have here, one after my own heart! He snubs Uncle Sheo, snatches one of his Mazken, and now he wants one of mine. For a night in Bangkok, he says. Well, the world shall be your oyster but the pearls ain't free. You will do me a small service, of course.”

The sun shone brightly as an Auriel walked on to the grounds.

Meet Goldie, she will fulfill your every… um, needs. Yours, when your task is complete,” Sanguine snickered. “Now, be off with you.”

Turning to my Ladies for their opinion. I asked, “Well?”

Several of minutes of intense scrutiny and mumbling on Goldie’s lackluster qualities (pinched face? knobby knees? I certainly don’t see anything lacking) went by before a verdict was delivered.

(I thought of a little Todd Rungren song Track 25 on the ‘Something/Anything?’ album. I’ll let you YouTube it, if you’re interested.)

Acting as spokes person Kaleah declared, “Average at best but she’ll do.”

“Ok, Anyone have an idea what we are to do?” I asked the Ladies. “The Prince of Pranks is playing party games already. He didn’t tell us what we’re to do.”

Elenya spoke up, “He put a marker on our map. We need to go to Cheydinhal.”

Casting a spell I led the Ladies through the myst, warping space and time, to instantly set foot on the streets of Cheydinhal.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 11 2024, 11:50 AM
Post #2345

Mouth
Group Icon

An animated statue? Ugh, that's scary... kvleft.gif It's Don Giovanni's Commendatore all over... complete with orchestral accompaniment. ohmy.gif

But good to see that Sanguine is up to his old tricks - go figure out for yourself what needs doing, I bet it'll be blindingly obvious in some unexpected way... laugh.gif Wolf says don't wear anything you'd mind losing... ohmy.gif Don't know where she gets that idea from...

Good luck with that anyway. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 11 2024, 07:59 PM
Post #2346

Councilor
Group Icon

Link in case anyone wants to see what quest he's doing. And I did not animate the statue, or even add voiced lines to it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 11 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #2347

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, when stone statues start moving, that is quite disconcerting!

Always a battle of power plays and words with Sanguine. At least he's got purple party toes now.

So Goldie passes (barely) muster with the ladies who can change clothes faster than an Apache Goddess.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 11 2024, 10:52 PM
Post #2348

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 11 2024, 12:59 PM) *

Link in case anyone wants to see what quest he's doing. And I did not animate the statue, or even add voiced lines to it.

Hope you don't mind. Leave it up to the player and see what happens. It would be different conversation every time.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 11 2024, 02:11 PM) *

Yes, when stone statues start moving, that is quite disconcerting!

So Goldie passes (barely) muster with the ladies who can change clothes faster than an Apache Goddess.

Like in the movie Jason and the Argonauts.

Well, the Ladies have strict standards.

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 11 2024, 04:50 AM) *

An animated statue? Ugh, that's scary... kvleft.gif It's Don Giovanni's Commendatore all over... complete with orchestral accompaniment. ohmy.gif

I had to look that one up. Interesting plot.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 11 2024, 11:50 PM
Post #2349

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 11 2024, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 11 2024, 04:50 AM) *

I had to look that one up. Interesting plot.

Good old Mozart. smile.gif The first time I watched that opera, I didn't understand the words. It's sung in Italian, as was the tradition back then. But the performance and the music was sufficiently powerful to convey the story almost exactly, without even reading it in the booklet. When that "statue" came to life... it was terrifying. The whole theater gasped... I remember it to this day, and I was just in my teens then. Strong stuff, that Wolfgang Amadeus.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 12 2024, 04:51 PM
Post #2350

Councilor
Group Icon

Jemanes are in Weatherleah. So at some point, sounds like Jandaga did assist them.

I have no idea what today's song is. I keep thinking of some disco artist like Sister Sledge. Or maybe funk (Kook and the Gang). 🕺That's the best I got! Are the Jemanes supposed to be dancing up their farm? laugh.gif

Uh oh. It's Fiona! Yeah I agree. Jandaga's armor isn't really conducive for hugging.

Yeah I can imagine--the statue becoming animated must be the event of the Era for all those worshippers. They'll be passing those oral traditions down through the ages.

ghastley; that's so amazing you even have Gweden walkthroughs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 13 2024, 08:30 AM
Post #2351

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 12 2024, 09:51 AM) *

Jemanes are in Weatherleah. So at some point, sounds like Jandaga did assist them.

I have no idea what today's song is. I keep thinking of some disco artist like Sister Sledge. Or maybe funk (Kook and the Gang). 🕺That's the best I got! Are the Jemanes supposed to be dancing up their farm? laugh.gif

Uh oh. It's Fiona! Yeah I agree. Jandaga's armor isn't really conducive for hugging.

Yeah I can imagine--the statue becoming animated must be the event of the Era for all those worshippers. They'll be passing those oral traditions down through the ages.

ghastley; that's so amazing you even have Gweden walkthroughs.

There are some vanilla side quests that I like to do in every play through. The Jamane's is one, the one about the rats in Anvil is another. For some reason I seem to always ignore Cropsford. The same goes for the Daedra quests. After doing them all once when the game first came out just to see what the rewards were, now I only do a select few.

The song was for atmosphere as we were approaching the shrine. Do you remember the Old Man Dancing, Six Flags commercia?
Well, the song is Vengaboys - We like to Party! (The Vengabus) (youtube.com). Felt like a good fit for the Shrine of Sanguine. Although Metallica's Whiskey in the Jar video would have been better, maybe.

I try not to look at the fake wiki ghastlley provided in the download. ghastley gave a blank slate to work with on the 'Goldie the Whore of Sanguine' quest. So I played with it a bit by putting words in Sanguine's mouth.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 17 2024, 08:11 AM
Post #2352

Mouth
Group Icon

Disclaimer: some comments by NPCs Ulrene Hlervu, Dervera Romalen, and Garras Darelliun are taken from Ghastley’s Gweden Expansion mod. Comments and actions of the statue of Sanguine are not included in Gweden Expansion.
20240117 Gweden Expansion – Goldie prt2

We had been walking around Cheydinhal talking to everyone we met trying to get an idea of what we were searching for. Either we weren’t asking the right questions or everyone was being very tight lipped. We learned nothing, until we approached the castle.

In the castle courtyard we met the castle mage, Ulrene Hlervu. After an interesting conversation on the Gods and Daedra and other pleasant small talk the subject of the Count came up. Oh, that set Ulrene off.

“Count Indarys is a pervert!” Ulrene screamed. “He has a fetish for lacy panties, and collects them whenever he can. I'm sure he wears them himself.”

One thing led to another and eventually I was able to clumsily guide the discussion toward the undies Ulrene was wearing. Offended she demanded to know why the interest in her underwear, thick and unsexy flannel “Passion-killers” she called them.

That led to finding out that the count had stolen all Ulrene Hlervu’s lacy panties leaving her only the pair she was wearing. Ulrene wants her panties back and offered to give me the ‘passion-killers’ if I can retrieve her lacey undies the Count has collected.

As we walked to Newlands Lodge we discussed what we had learnt from Ulrene Hlervue.

“Passion-killers!” Fiona screamed in disbelief. “The usual request is for love potions.”

Well, it’s the only strange rumor that we’ve heard since we’ve been in town. Ulrene Hlervu’s Passion-Killers must be what Sanguine wants, but why?

“Maybe Ulrene hasn’t changed her underwear in days?” Fiona ventured sarcastically. “Who knows what Sanguine likes.”

“Oh, I’m sure she washes them.”

“To get them off the market,” Kaleah said. “If that kind of stuff got around and became popular, Sanguine, the patron of wild orgies might find himself out of business.”

“It’s simple,” Elenya said. “Sanguine just wants Ulrene walking around without any underwear.”

We were still discussing Ulrene’s Passion-Killers and where to find the Count’s stash of panties when we entered Newlands Lodge. As we stood at the bar to order a round, the owner of the lodge, Dervera Romalen overhearing our discussion made a brusque comment, “The pervert!”

Uh oh, we got another one! We started to wonder; how many victims are there?

Asking Dervera why she would say that about the Count, she related an account of what happened one night when the Count invited her to visit him in his private chambers. The eager Dervera was more than a little peeved when the Count seemed to be only interested in fondling her underwear and not her. Dervera ended by telling us how embarrassing it was walking home unsatisfied, without any underwear.

Ah ha, the collection must be in the count’s private chambers. Now, how to get them?

“It’s getting late today,” I pointed out. “How about tomorrow, you four keep the Count distracted while I sneak upstairs to his room and find the collection?”

“I think we can do that,” Kaleah, the seducer said with a grin.

The next day we executed our plan.

Count Andel Indarys was holding court when we arrived at the castle. My Ladies immediately began their distracting routine giving me the opportunity to cast a chameleon spell on myself. Dressed in my more silent leather kit, I snuck up the staircase, cast a spell to unlock the door to the private quarters and entered the private quarters.

Making my way to the Counts bedchambers I magically unlocked the door and began to search. It didn’t take long to find a chest hidden behind the count’s big bed. Opening the chest was like opening one of those prank exploding can of snakes. Ladies' panties of all shapes and sizes shot out of the chest littering the floor.

Shocked at the amount of panties flying through the air, I let out an expletive. I didn’t think it was very loud but you know how Cyrodiil guards are. A second later a guard was in my face. I could see the headlines, Panty Thief, Arch-Mage, and Champion of Cyrodiil Arrested. How embarrassing.

The guard took one look at me, then gazed at all the panties strewn about, and snickered. Then while struggling to keep a straight face he said, “Since we’re friends, I’ll overlook this and take care of that fine for you.”
Note to self: make a healthy contribution to the Cheydinhal Guards New Life Festival fund.

Quickly I gathered up all of the count’s trophies and proceeded to leave the bedroom. As I stepped through the door I heard the guard mumble to himself. “Just wait till I tell the others. They won’t believe it.”

Note to self: make contribution immediately.

With the panty collection carefully concealed, I returned to The County Hall to round up the Ladies. They were having so much fun it was a shame to have to tell them that it was time to go. Once we were set to leave, the second-in-command of the Cheydinhal City Watch, Garrus Darelliun stopped us at the door.

Bad news especially when it’s of a salacious nature, travels fast among guards. Of course, he wanted to chat about what just occurred in the count’s bedroom. After going over the incident with him, as I was handing Garrus Darelliun a Guards Fund contribution, he said something quite unexpected.

“You think the Count has been stealing women's panties. I wonder if that has anything to do with the late Countess not wearing any?”

I wouldn’t know but my question to Garrus was “How would you know the Countess didn’t wear any underwear?”

All color drained Garrus Darelliun’s face. Backing slowly a couple of steps, Garrus made a feeble excuse for having to leave, turned, and made a hasty exit freeing us to leave Cheydinhal.

A wave of the hand and we were back at Sanguine’s Shrine.

“Ah, you brought me the Passion-killers, well done young one.” Sanguine said when we laid the Passion Killers at the statues feet. “As agreed, Goldie is yours. Treat her well. Now, that was fun but not as much as I had hope. To make it up to you I have another little task you may be interested in.”

“Which is?” I asked

The Castle Leyawiin is a dull, dreary place. The mistress is an especially somber soul, and tomorrow she will hold another excruciating dinner party. I want you to liven it up

(It’s been well over 12 years since I did this quest, long before I started taking TFC2 screen shots. I want a picture, so here goes)

Hearing the words “liven up a dinner party” lit a fire in Fiona’s eyes. She shouted, “Let’s go. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a good party.”

Before running off to Leyawiin, we’ll first talk to Goldie about Gweden.

It sure didn’t take much convincing for Goldie to accept our offer to work at Gweden. Explaining that she had needs to fulfill, she jumped at the opportunity Gweden provided. Goldie headed southwest toward Gweden Farm.

“Think you should’ve given her a test drive first?” one of Sanguine’s worshipers asked as I stood watching her shimmy and shake her way down the trail.

I replied, “No, I don’t think that will be necessary.”

“Wise choice!” three voices behind me said in unison.

Lost in the fading golden vision I murmured, “I can always run quality control testing later.” Once again, my Dragonspirit armor demonstrated its superior ability to take a beating and keep me ticking.

It’s been a grueling adventure and a party sounds like just the thing to revive the spirits. Surrounded by my Ladies, I sang the Take Me Home to Leyawiin spell.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 17 2024, 06:20 PM
Post #2353

Councilor
Group Icon

I do not recall ever seeing that commercial. For many years I didn't watch straight TV though, especially when Youtube and Hulu (etc.) became more popular. I have heard that song before, yes. There are so many songs which claim "We like to party" though. laugh.gif I kept thinking of disco.

There are some vanilla side quests that I like to do in every play through. The Jamane's is one, the one about the rats in Anvil is another.

Inneresting. There are quests (on PC) which I use the console to SetStage with every playthrough. The main quest itself is the big one. This has to be fast-forwarded to conclusion in order for Kvatch Rising to work. Cropsford is another. Cropsford has to get set to a certain point because I like having the option to stay the night there in either a fully-furnished inn, or sometimes just a half-finished farmhouse. 🛖 I use a couple different Cropsford mods, ya see.

From there, each active game (Snaat Rayag the Skooma Dealer, Lady Saga, Joan of Arkay, Renee Gade III) has its own side quests set, depending. Snaat was just in Chorrol's Gray Mare for instance, in which Odiil kept repeatedly asking "Have you seen my sons? They went off into the forest..." unsure.gif and that's the way it's gonna stay in his world. tongue.gif Sometimes the Jemanes are back in Weatherleah, sometimes not, sometimes Aleswell is still packed with invisible residents, other games not.

Enough of that. Let's find out about the Jandaga.

Oh my gosh, such an accusation from one of the Gweden Brothel mod folks. ohmy.gif It is kind of funny that the heavily-armored Jandaga, so adept at plundering ruins and fighting off demons and monsters, is now being tasked to solve an underwear caper.

Cool, he's wearing leather. Better for sneaking around in.

I could see the headlines, Panty Thief, Arch-Mage, and Champion of Cyrodiil Arrested. How embarrassing.

rollinglaugh.gif Spew! This whole chapter is making me laugh, macole. Good he was able to have his trespass crimes taken care of. Has he ever Gone to Jail?

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 17 2024, 06:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 17 2024, 09:07 PM
Post #2354

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh noes! The missing panties caper!

Having good relations with the guards is handy when you get caught. . . . Wow, there’s a lot going on in Cheydinhal beneath the skirts surface.

So I presume the (living) ladies of Cheydinhal are all back in their lacy undies now. Sanguine gets his flannel ones, our hero gets custody of Goldie and its off to another task for Sanguine. I look forward to hearing how Countess Leywiin’s dinner party goes. What could go wrong?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 25 2024, 07:46 AM
Post #2355

Mouth
Group Icon

20240125 To crash a party in Leyawiin

(What could go wrong? Having played Sanguine’s quest many years ago I’m confident all will go well. Unfortunately, I had forgotten all the little intricacies that you have to work around to get things to work. For one, being properly dressed for the occasion.)

Time to get ready for the party was getting short when we arrived in Leyawiin. We had thought it best to go straight to the castle and wait in the dining room for the countess and her guests to arrive. Only one little detail remained, the door was locked.

The guard stationed at the door informed us that “No one enters until the Countess arrives.”

“And you,” he said to me. “Coming here smelling like a brothel with your clothes splattered in road filth, there’s no way you’ll be allowed in.”

With that he ordered us away.

After several attempts to sneak in failed, we realized if we were going to make the party at all then we were going to have to go get cleaned up. There was time but we would have to hurry.

Back to the Leyawiin home we went. My Ladies, knowing we had to hurry, tore through the house like a cluster of whirlwinds. The house reverberated with the sound of the opening and shutting of storage chests as they searched for the elusive perfect party dress.

Suddenly the place was quiet, my Ladies had disappeared. I had no idea where they went until J’Dato, the VH-OVB Leyawiin Chapter resident monk, came upstairs complaining that they had turned the chapter house cloister into a dressing room, complete with a rose water shower stall. It’ll take a week to dry out properly.

When Kaleah, Elenya, Fiona, and Pym emerged from the VH-OVB trap door all I could say was, “WOW!” They had certainly found the right gowns for the occasion. For a moment I thought let’s skip the party and just lay around the shanty. No, that wouldn’t go over to well. When a night out is expected a night out it should be.

In an effort to keep in the appearance game, I changed into my Arch-Mage robe. Looking good but without the strength and feather enchantments of my armor, I felt weak. Unable to move, I summoned the Midas Chest to store away all the heavy items I was carrying.

What was once plenty of time had become arriving just as the Countess and the guests were entering the dining room. Thank the Goddess it wasn’t raining when we walked to the castle. All this trouble only to be turned away for wet and muddy clothes would have been more than a little frustrating.

There was a bit of trouble with the guard at the door because we weren’t on the guest list. But, after a, ahem, very careful visual inspection he declared the Ladies suitably dressed and that a mistake must have been made. He allowed the Ladies to pass.

As I tried followed the ladies into the room, the guard put his hand out and demanded, “And you are?”

“I’m with them,” I replied.

The guard looked at me, looked at my Ladies, and then back at me and said, “You got to be kidding. But, you appear dressed for the occasion so it must be alright for you to enter.”

(Then there’s the matter of TARGET: The spell doesn’t have an area of effect large enough to cover the room. You can fail if the spell isn’t centered properly. And TIMING: if you want to see what happens, casting the spell has to be done when all the guards have left the room.)

Shutting the door behind us as we entered the dining room, I found the invited guests and the Countess already sitting at the table. Countess Alessia Caro at the head was talking to a castle guard, Termanwe and Vlarimil Orius were seated to the Countess Alessia’s right with Britta Invel and Jaras Invel on her left.

(Choosing the target: which party attendee should you hit with the Stark Reality spell? Choose wrong and the spell will not affect everyone in the room. It took a few attempts before I found the target that provided the most consistent successful results.
Timing: be careful when you cast the spell. Watch the guards, they’ll tell when. The first few times, successful or not, I was immediately arrested. With the guard instantly in my face, I didn’t see the result. Very unsatisfying, what good is succeeding if you don’t see the party goers wildly running around naked?
This is not how I remember this quest going. Taking some time off to think, I realized there’s a guard in the room. D’oh!
Be Patient: restarting and trying again, I cast the spell. Half the party was affected instantly. In a panic, before the quest status update message, I double clutched the cast button casting the spell twice more at one of the still clothed partiers. That brought guards rushing into the room, looking for trouble. My Ladies were happy to oblige. The resulting brawl ended with 7 guards and Mahei dead.
Just for fun I repeated this brawl a few more times. That’s when I discovered all I had to do was wait a second or two more to let the script work.)

When everything goes as planned this is what really happened.

Sanquine was right about one thing, this is one dull party. Something must be done to fix it.

While my Ladies walked around socializing, I took a seat between Britta Invel and Jaras Invel to wait for the guard to leave. I had left the door open to allow the guard to leave but other guards had entered while on their way to the guard’s quarters at the opposite end of the dining room. This was going to take some time as each guard had to stop and address the Countess. So, to pass the time I laid a few colored sticks on the tabled.

Jaras Invel leaned over and asked, “What do you got there, boy, crayons?”

“Why no, they‘re Martian, err, Goblin cigarettes. Try one,” I replied and passed them around the table.

As soon as the guards had left the room, maybe ten minutes later I asked, “How do you feel?”

And they said, “Weeeeeeeeeelll

I feel so good
Yeah, I do, gonna boogie
wow....till' the break of day

I got the Neptune shuffle
and the Pluto blues
don't nobody boogie
like us goblins do
gonna boogie, gonna boogie hey!
gonna boogie
wow...till the break of day

Feeling that the time was ripe I stood up and cast the Stark Reality spell, hitting Termanwe square in the chest. Instant bedlam, except for my Ladies everyone was in a panic, running around naked. Well, the females were naked. The males, including myself, were reduced to our underwear.

It wasn’t just the clothes I was wearing that disappeared. Everything I was carrying had been whisked away. A little icing-on-the-cake extra Sanguine prank, I suppose.

Look at Countess Alessia Caro run. While Countess Alessia Caro ran away everyone else settled down after the initial shock, sat down at the table and continued with the dinner like nothing had happened. That seemed rather strange.

A little while later, Countess Alessia Caro, fully dressed, returned to the party accompanied by Count Marius Caro. In an effort to re-establish control over the situation, Countess Alessia sat at the table to continue the party while Count Marius simply stood by, giving everyone a very stern look of disapproval.

I suggested to My Ladies that we had better leave. Good thing I had stashed much of our gear in the Midas Chest. Refitted with arms and armor, we were preparing to leave Leyawiin after the successful conclusion to Sanguine’s task when a guard blocked the way.

“I see you’re in some trouble,” he said. “Since we’re friends, don’t worry. I’ll look the other way and take care of that fine for you.”

“Thanks,” I said and handed him with a complimentary Gweden pass, good for one visit.

Leaving the beaming guard, I turned to my Ladies and said, “Let’s get out of here.”

A recall spell whisked us away to Sanguine’s Shrine.

Arriving at the Shrine of Sanguine, we didn’t have to tell Sanguine what had happened. He already knew.

“A rousing success, mortal!” Sanguine’s voice called out as we approached the shrine. “And it appears you joined in the festivities as well. Good for you. You need to lighten up a bit. You'll find your equipment in that chest over there. And here's a little something for your efforts. Maybe we'll celebrate again sometime....”

“You, need to lighten up?” Kaleah laughed as we gathered our things from Sanguine’s chest. Pointing at me, “You, really? Sometimes I think these Princes don’t know as much as they think they do. Oh look, he gave you the Sanguine Rose. Now what are you going to do with that?”

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 25 2024, 07:49 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 25 2024, 09:50 AM
Post #2356

Mouth
Group Icon

Nice to see the Jandaga really embracing the spirit of Sanguin's joke! Got to do it right! biggrin.gif I only wonder why the men were allowed to keep their underwear? kvleft.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 25 2024, 07:13 PM
Post #2357

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, a party. Is this quest part of vanilla game? I never did most of the Daedra quests. devilsmile.gif

In an effort to keep in the appearance game, I changed into my Arch-Mage robe. Looking good but without the strength and feather enchantments of my armor, I felt weak.

Hate when that happens!

wOw, they do look good all dolled up. Nice to see them all standing side by side. From right to left it's Kahleah right? With the wings? Redhead = Fiona, I am guessing. Pym is next with the super-bleached appearance. Which means Eleyna is the final gal on the very left?

Yah, that party does look kinda 'meh'. Like a dinner party. Long ago my evil elf mage broke into the Riverhouse party in Cheydinhal. They wouldn't her stay, so she cast Invisibility over and over, making sure to stay in areas which were not populated. bluewizardsmile.gif I actually had a lot of fun. Because there were so many ppl in the house, as their conversations began overlapping, repeating, and NPCs occasionally collided with one another I was laughing like mad.

Neptune Shuffle, Pluto blues... I don't have a clue!

Wow, they really get nekkid, holy moley. blink.gif

What does the Gweden Pass do?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 25 2024, 08:28 PM
Post #2358

Mouth
Group Icon

What does the Gweden Pass do?

A couple of hours with the Gweden staff, I would imagine. Free of charge. wink.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 25 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #2359

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow is right! The ladies really do dress up well. That was such a fun quest. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 26 2024, 07:43 AM
Post #2360

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 25 2024, 02:50 AM) *

Nice to see the Jandaga really embracing the spirit of Sanguin's joke! Got to do it right! biggrin.gif I only wonder why the men were allowed to keep their underwear? kvleft.gif

Personal preference in body mod options. Without body replacer mods all party goers are left in their underwear, iirc

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:46 PM