Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

81 Pages V « < 79 80 81  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Apr 12 2021, 06:24 AM
Post #1601

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 11 2021, 08:28 AM) *

So it sounds like if Pym has a party, she'll cry if she wants to, cry if she wants to, cry if she wants to, eh?

I haven't got a theme song for Pym but when wronged Pym is more likely to go straight to "It's Judy's Turn to Cry". But Pym is young and I'm thinking of the Lady Gaga type.
Hmmm, maybe not that bad.

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 15 2021, 07:23 AM
Post #1602

Knower
Group Icon

20210415 more Tales of Elsweyr Anequina Calketoc
Waking in the morning and stepping out into the dry desert air, one of the empire’s undaunted couriers presented us with an announcement. The notification stated that the interior of Fort Sutch was now complete. We will make of point of stopping by Fort Sutch next time we’re in the vicinity.

“Feache, look over there!” exclaimed Kaleah. “Just across the road, an Ayleid ruin. You’ve had luck finding artifacts in old Ayleid ruins and this one looks ancient.”

Khajiit soldiers were stationed around the entrance to the Ayleid Ruin. From talking to a Khajiit battlemage we got the impression that Calketoc has been the site of serious disturbances as of late. Sergeant Jakari has led a squad of four into Calketoc hours ago and has not returned yet. The battlemage further advised us not to enter.
Um, when did we ever listen to that kind of advice? We push the stone door open and step into Calketoc.

Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again.

With Twinkle lighting the way the entrance takes us down a flight of stairs to a small maze of devotion rooms. On a shelf in one of the rooms sits the Mother’s Head. I have no idea what this ugly thing could be used for but it might be worth something to someone somewhere so I collect it.

My ladies have found a bronze gate locked with a very hard lock. My first thought was to remove my armor so I could cast my Unlock Everything spell. I did but even though my alteration skill is 108 my spell failed. The lock is too strong.

Perhaps that is a good thing for now there is at least a half dozen undead creatures swarming around the gate trying to get at us. Had the spell worked being near naked would have left me in precarious situation. Yeah, I think with all those undead; skeletons, wraiths, lich, and who knows what else milling about on the other side maybe we don’t want to open this gate.

Leaving the locked the gate, I left to find another way around. My Ladies stayed, continuing to pound away at the gate in a futile attempt to open it and get at the undead on the other side.

Going in another direction I enter a large chamber. Of course there’s a lich and a few wraiths to deal with. With my Ladies busy elsewhere the Sisters of Insanity and a Bloody Succubus eagerly respond to my call to arms.

“Hey you’re not supposed to do that!” Did I just see the Golden Saint drop her golden sword and picked up a magical dagger off a sarcophagus and then disappeared back to Oblivion?

Searching the room for valuables I came across a pair of Obsidian Greaves. Nice!

There’s a stairway leading up a second floor. The second floor is large but aside from a single Ayleid Reliquary it’s empty.

Off to one side of the room is an Ayleid doorway that leads to the Calketoc Mausoleum.

--------------------
"Mysticism involves the manipulation of magical forces and boundaries to bypass the structures and limitations of the physical world." I call it Console Magic of the Fey.

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 15 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #1603

Paladin
Group Icon

A beautiful desert morning! Glad to see Twinkle back up fully in service and lighting the way into that dark ruin.

A grisly trophy in that mother's head! blink.gif

Wonder what's in that mausoleum?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 16 2021, 08:56 AM
Post #1604

Knower
Group Icon

20210416 more Tales of Elsweyr Anequina Calketoc continued
My Ladies decided to give up on breaking down the locked gate to join me in the mausoleum. Before taking a step into the mausoleum, Kaleah handed me a bow of black glass.

“You missed this in the last room”, Kaleah said.

“That obsidian bow is black as the night and it was pitch-black dark in that room.”

“ZZZT, zzzzt, ZZZZT (translated: don’t blame me cause you can’t see),” complained Twinkle.

Strange, we’ve come this far and have not seen nor heard any evidence of a Khajiit patrol. Leaving the dark hallway and stepping out onto a balcony overlooking a great room I think we found the reason why. There floating above scarlet clad bodies of fallen Khajiit soldiers were several wraiths, at least 3 normal lich (if you can call a lich normal), a Nether Lich, and one nasty Ancient Lich. Blood was everywhere.

The battle began quickly and was over almost as fast. Unable to contain herself, Pym charged down the stairs leading to the great room. From the balcony Kaleah loosed arrow after arrow at the undead, while I, following Pym, summoned as much support as I could; the Sisters of Insanity, a Dremora Lord, and a Bloody Succubus.

The fight was over yet Kaleah gave me a look that indicated something was wrong.

“You forgot to charge my bow, again!” she exclaimed while handing the Hatred Bow to me.

Oops. Some days nothing goes right.

Retribution for the Khajiit soldiers complete, things began to improve or at least the amount of loot recovered lessened the heartache. I checked the bodies of the Khajiit soldiers while My Ladies looted the room. Sergeant Jakari was carrying orders from his captain to proceed to Caraba Mine after taking care of Calketoc.

Brave Sergeant, rest easy, we took care of Caraba Mine for you.

“Found these scattered about,” Kaleah said handing me three obsidian items; a dagger, a short sword, and a pair of gauntlets. “This Runeskull of Dragons was on the ancient lich but you got to come see this.”
Leading me to the far end of the room, Kaleah pointed to items laid out on two sarcophagi.

By the looks of the enchanted helm and shield a very important Ayleid must have been laid to rest here. They’re old and very Ayleid in design. Nothing to indicate being of Fey origin.

Along with everything else we find two very hard Ayleid Reliquary. Reluctantly I stripped down to my undies and cast Unlock Everything. Only one reliquary opened. Suddenly I remembered something, two rings in my pack that could boost my alteration skill to 122. The spell works.

It’s much easier and much less embarrassing to call upon the power of the goddess (TGM) but some frown upon that.

There’s a stairway going up. We take it hoping it will lead us to the exit only to find our path blocked by remotely opened gates. At the far end past the gates we could see three reliquary guarded by two skeleton heroes.

Looking around for a way to open the gates I notice what looks like an obsidian shield on a ledge below us.

Jumping down to pick-up the shield got us into the room behind the locked gate we failed to open near the entrance of Calketoc. It also got us into another big fight with three more lich and another ancient lich. During the fight with the undead I noticed three Ayleid push blocks. The fight over, we activated each of the push blocks. The sound of a gates opening above us was satisfying to hear.

Amongst the loot we gathered was valuable Runeskull of Decay taken off the ancient lich.

Now the question is how to unlock the gate to get out of this room? Strip and endure the snickers from the gallery so I can cast the Unlock Everything spell or use the long lost and forgotten Fae magic to levitate (TCL) up to where we dropped in.

Hmmm, there’s still some treasure up above and My Ladies are going to need new shoes when this adventure is over. We chose the levitation option.

That done we take the long way out of Calketoc searching for any missed loot as we go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 16 2021, 01:09 PM
Post #1605

Paladin
Group Icon

A profitable run of that mausoleum. I see that Twinkle has been infected by the Ladies' penchant for picking on Jandanga. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Today, 05:40 AM
Post #1606

Knower
Group Icon

So in another place I was asked, “Have you considered if there is any connection between Feyfolken and the Fey? The name is rather suggestive.”

My answer was, “No, I had never considered it but it is an intriguing question. Breaking down the name Feyfolken does tend to lead one to think ‘fey folk’.”

Now that started me down the dangerous path of thinking.

It’s been awhile since I read the Feyfolken books. In book II the Great Sage confirms that the Feyfolken is a Daedra and was a servitor of Clavicus Vile. So that kind of negates any connection between the Fey and the name Feyfolken.

But what if the Great Sage was wrong. He wasn't there, he really doesn't know for certain. Suppose this Feyfolken creature was not Daedra at all but is instead the fey equivalent to a Mannimarco-like arch-villain of the Faerie Folk? Driven by the desire for ultimate power Perhaps he sold himself, made a wish sort of, to Clavicus Vile, the Prince of Trickery and Bargains, the Master of Insidious Wishes for power only to have his soul captured in a soul gem until it was used to enchant Thaurbad’s quill? That does sound like something Clavicus Vile would do.

My second thought was the Feyfolken as a mighty hero of the Faerie Folk during the long lost and forgotten time of mythic legend when the Aldmer invaded the Sommerset Isles. During the ensuing great war between the invading Aldmer and the indigenous Faerie, the Feyfolken was defeated and his soul captured in a gem. The soul gem set aside and forgotten until it was used to enchant Thaurbad’s quill. The Feyfolken is now extracting his vengeance upon the Altmer in the only way he can.

Or perhaps a combination of the two? In desperation the Feyfolken (not his real name), a great faerie hero petitions Clavicus Vile for the power to defeat the Aldmer. The Prince of Trickery and Bargains grants Feyfolken the power to curse his enemies into killing themselves. Only to trick the Feyfolken and capture his soul in a gem shaped like a quill. Feyfolken is now cursing his enemies into destruction one at a time.

It was then suggested to me that;
@macole - Come to think of it, Feyfolken could be a title rather than a name, not unlike the Jandaga. A hero fighting for the Fey folk? Along the lines of what you proposed, may be? Do I see a quest for the Jandaga to locate the quill holding Feyfolken and to release the soul of the great hero?

Now that would be a grand quest indeed. To free the soul of a legendary fey champion from the Clavicus Vile’s snare. I may have to think on that for awhile. I mean, I did free a goddess from a sword in the Lost Spires. Surely the Jandaga can find a quill.

This post has been edited by macole: Today, 05:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 79 80 81
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2021 - 06:05 AM