Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monkey's Art Folder, Featuring farts and the rare polished work.
mALX
post Aug 1 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 31 2017, 12:03 AM) *

Luckily, by default Khajiit women in Oblivion are only taller than Bosmer men. But apparently Breton women are daintier. :V I love looking at game values, tbh. I also learned that Bosmer men are pretty burly in spite of their height, a trait shared only by male Nords, Orcs and Argonians. (Their weight surpasses height, making them look stockier) That discovery and Brodras' comments (they're true!...proportionally) led to Deleras' creation in Skyrim.

It's the best! Being able to manipulate specific body parts outside of the face is also great. I gave Jo'zira witch hands and wide hips to go with his lankiness, and Eolan has big EVERYTHING (which is bad for delicate work so whoops) except for his average height, while Hates is a runt all around.

Not only does it lend to better character customization, it makes the world feel less game-y. In games before Skyrim EVERYONE in the same race/gender group was identical in terms of body shape. Which made people having a moniker like "The Portly" somehow have an adventurer's body instead of being, well, portly.

But then Skyrim just gave NPCs a variety of frames which helped somewhat, but regardless of weight men were always ridiculously ripped. It made playing what was supposed to be a waifish Khajiit necromancer awkward, not gonna lie. I like to pretend it was all fur fluff. It also forced me to change Alois's appearance. (Which I planned to illustrate eventually) But then that was also because EVERYONE had to be horribly weathered because reasons. Even people who'd have reasonable access to things like regular skincare.

idk now i'm just complaining about past Elder Scrolls games. Point is i love that FO4 brought in the body triangle with a robust face editor and I hope that it means TES VI will have most if not all of ESO's sliders.

Wow, I never realized it was adding the weight in Oblivion that changed the body size! That is really interesting!

I made a mouse follower mod in Oblivion and had to play with the weight to make him stop being flung about in combat. He was supposed to look fat anyway (due to his background story); so I was hoping adding the weight would make him plump. It didn't, but he was so sturdy he could knock an NPC enemy 15 foot into the air on attack!

That Skyrim "Weathered" look is one of the things that totally turned me off of the game. I couldn't make myself play it until SubRosa gave me step by step instructions on how to beautify the characters, laugh.gif Even with my males I prefer a bit of an androgynous look rather than the badass "tough as nails" faces of those Skyrim men. In ESO = not real happy with how my Bubba came out, he looks way too buff and tough (but definitely not as bad as Skyrim's males).

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 31 2017, 12:20 AM) *

Also have this cube, which I posted before but it hadn't shown up here.

IPB Image

I just...really appreciate how cube-like Eolan is.

laugh.gif He is most def shaped solidly and very "Tankish" looking!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 1 2017, 08:32 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 1 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #62

Councilor
Group Icon

I agree with all this about Skyrim males.

I was trying to create a "Nijel the Destroyer" character to play with Conina the Hairdresser. He's supposed to be over six feet tall, and about 100lb. You can't make that kind of wimpy, not matter how hard you try, and he's also disappointed me by learning how to use his sword. The idea was he'd just block and let Conina (who's supposed to be the one with the genes for it) do all the work. Lately, however, he's been getting his own kill-cams! And that's with an unimproved iron greatsword.

Rincewind has learned to cast spells, too. That's why I gave up and rolled a Smurf instead.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 2 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #63

Mouth
Group Icon

It's always fun to hear how characters that were meant to be whimps suddenly find themselves being very capable thanks to how the games work. Like a "craft only" character i had in ESO that's suddenly capable of killing things, but only a little!

But yeah, I know they were trying to go for an ~aesthetic~, but personally I felt they undermined it by not allowing you to do the same to women characters (at least not as much as the men). I would have loved to play a big "Brawn Hilda" type character in Skyrim, with the girth and the twin braids and everything but nope. I mean I can probably do it now, since I have access to mods, but it's too late. :V

Anyways, here's a Dragonborn DLC Skyrim "comic" I drew a while back that i didn't want to post without context. And becaus4e Aza-jo looks a bit off-model.

It's a bit irritating how you're forced to read books before you pick them up. Especially the Black Books. Aza-jo resited the temptation by "bubbling" them with a precursor to my ESO Squad's inventory bubbles. In other words console-command Disable

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #64

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh noes, Jo! Leave those ucky black books alone! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 2 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #65

Mouth
Group Icon

The Scourge of Skyrim

(seriously though, a lot of people die whether they meet or not)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 3 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 2 2017, 05:26 PM) *

IPB Image

The Scourge of Skyrim

Lol this reminds me of this meme:
IPB Image

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 8 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

Bandits are suicidal, I guess. Unsurprising.

I think about the fact that TES Heroes are a lot closer to the classical definition, like, a lot. I mean some people had it coming, but still, the Aza-jo and company did horrible, horrible things to Skyrim and the worst part is that it was preferable to Alduin and the dragons taking over. Fun times.

ANYWAYS

I made up a dumb interaction a while back and tried to make it into a comic, but not only was I unable to do the scene justice, I realized how dumb and borderline out of character it was. So have these 2 frames instead which more or less convey what I wanted to do.
Listen, I'm going to take Eolan's side on this mostly because he's the one that made the tea to begin with. The least they could do is humor him and not drink it like "degenerates." Disrespectful. Rude.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 8 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #68

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, Eolan made the tea? How funny! laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 8 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #69

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 8 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Eolan does all the cooking, being the Provisioner of the group. It's gotten to the point where they won't eat anything other than what he makes. (But they are learning how to cook the way he does. It's not going well)
'Course, he considers brewing alcoholic drinks his weak point.

Anyways, an extension, since I figured this one should have been included even though it lacks the, ah, transition.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 9 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #70

Mouth
Group Icon

Also I was digging though some folders and learned Eolan has made that very face in-game thanks to an update bug. (Using a blacksmithing station would make your character angery)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow! You are right, it is the exact same face!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 10 2017, 03:17 AM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 2 2017, 08:55 AM) *

It's always fun to hear how characters that were meant to be whimps suddenly find themselves being very capable thanks to how the games work. Like a "craft only" character i had in ESO that's suddenly capable of killing things, but only a little!

But yeah, I know they were trying to go for an ~aesthetic~, but personally I felt they undermined it by not allowing you to do the same to women characters (at least not as much as the men). I would have loved to play a big "Brawn Hilda" type character in Skyrim, with the girth and the twin braids and everything but nope. I mean I can probably do it now, since I have access to mods, but it's too late. :V

Anyways, here's a Dragonborn DLC Skyrim "comic" I drew a while back that i didn't want to post without context. And becaus4e Aza-jo looks a bit off-model.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

It's a bit irritating how you're forced to read books before you pick them up. Especially the Black Books. Aza-jo resited the temptation by "bubbling" them with a precursor to my ESO Squad's inventory bubbles. In other words console-command Disable

Aw, I thought it was going to be the Telvanni personality when I saw this artwork in my email notices!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 2 2017, 06:26 PM) *

IPB Image

The Scourge of Skyrim

D'aaaw, look at the expression on Jo'zira's face!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 8 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Bandits are suicidal, I guess. Unsurprising.

I think about the fact that TES Heroes are a lot closer to the classical definition, like, a lot. I mean some people had it coming, but still, the Aza-jo and company did horrible, horrible things to Skyrim and the worst part is that it was preferable to Alduin and the dragons taking over. Fun times.

ANYWAYS

I made up a dumb interaction a while back and tried to make it into a comic, but not only was I unable to do the scene justice, I realized how dumb and borderline out of character it was. So have these 2 frames instead which more or less convey what I wanted to do.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Listen, I'm going to take Eolan's side on this mostly because he's the one that made the tea to begin with. The least they could do is humor him and not drink it like "degenerates." Disrespectful. Rude.

BWAAHAA!!!!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 8 2017, 06:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 8 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Eolan does all the cooking, being the Provisioner of the group. It's gotten to the point where they won't eat anything other than what he makes. (But they are learning how to cook the way he does. It's not going well)
'Course, he considers brewing alcoholic drinks his weak point.

Anyways, an extension, since I figured this one should have been included even though it lacks the, ah, transition.

IPB Image

rollinglaugh.gif

Oh, that is funny! Why do they make the characters look mad to do their smithing? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 10 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #73

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 9 2017, 09:17 PM) *

IPB Image

The Scourge of Skyrim

That's Aza-jo. A different Jo. Mostly. Now they are. It's complicated.

Oh, that is funny! Why do they make the characters look mad to do their smithing? laugh.gif

There was a bug that came with the patch that added the Appearance Change Tokens that made characters sport really angry faces for no reason--usually caused by activating a crafting station (a lot of people say Smithing, but it's probably cause you get a direct look at the character's face). It was pretty well-documented in the main forums, but before I learned that I was really concerned about it because I had changed Eolan's face and deviated from what I did with his alt. (It's more angular than heroic, and I did some tweaks on the eyes and lips)
So for a while I thought I REALLY messed up, but it turns out it was just the bug. It's since been fixed.

Pretty hilarious, though. I can't believe I forgot about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 10 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 10 2017, 04:59 PM) *

IPB Image

The Scourge of Skyrim

That's Aza-jo. A different Jo. Mostly. Now they are. It's complicated.

There was a bug that came with the patch that added the Appearance Change Tokens that made characters sport really angry faces for no reason--usually caused by activating a crafting station (a lot of people say Smithing, but it's probably cause you get a direct look at the character's face). It was pretty well-documented in the main forums, but before I learned that I was really concerned about it because I had changed Eolan's face and deviated from what I did with his alt. (It's more angular than heroic, and I did some tweaks on the eyes and lips)
So for a while I thought I REALLY messed up, but it turns out it was just the bug. It's since been fixed.

Pretty hilarious, though. I can't believe I forgot about it.

laugh.gif I have never heard about that bug, that is hilarious!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 13 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

Monkey! I love your artwork! wub.gif

As someone who has struggled to depict her characters in sketches and drawings, I'm in awe of your ability to capture the personalities at play in your art. This combined with the comments you've made elsewhere in this forum have helped me form rather full impressions of your Squad!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 14 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #76

Mouth
Group Icon

@mALX - . (I keep finding the most appropriate screenshots in my folder)

@haute - Thanks! Given how...big any attempts at telling their story would be, I think it's the best I way I can do it. :V though I wish I could focus enough to do more like I wanted to

Anyways, I debated posting this because it's a flipping meme but I'm on a Skyrim roll atm so here's more of my Dragonborn Aza-jo and Alois.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 15 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #77

Councilor
Group Icon

Aha, now I get Eolan’s reaction to the uncouth tea service. The significance of the mug escaped me the first time around.

I remember that crafting bug. It was horrifying! Even my delicate Lil had a b-face. Eolan’s was quite a bit stronger. ohmy.gif

Ha, the meme works for those two! Glad you posted it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 31 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

I tried drawing again recently but I guess I'm not really quite up to it. But as I was going through my WIP folder I found a relic from a darker time....
It is a huge image, btw[/url]

I hate this so much, but if you want one of my "original" "works" from 2012, here it is.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 31 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 14 2017, 03:42 PM) *

@mALX - Eolan now pounds on metal a little less angrily. (I keep finding the most appropriate screenshots in my folder)

@haute - Thanks! Given how...big any attempts at telling their story would be, I think it's the best I way I can do it. :V though I wish I could focus enough to do more like I wanted to

Anyways, I debated posting this because it's a flipping meme but I'm on a Skyrim roll atm so here's more of my Dragonborn Aza-jo and Alois.

IPB Image

laugh.gif I love this!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 31 2017, 05:44 PM) *

I tried drawing again recently but I guess I'm not really quite up to it. But as I was going through my WIP folder I found a relic from a darker time....

It is a huge image, btw

I hate this so much, but if you want one of my "original" "works" from 2012, here it is.

This is amazing! Is this your first impressions of Skyrim? I absolutely LOVE your artwork!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 1 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #80

Mouth
Group Icon

More like...second impressions? This is an alternate version of another I did for Alois, who I played as Dragonborn like pretty much every other character that I decided wasn't even Dragonborn. Not really sure why, either. Zul'massa (now known as Aza-jo, his original name was a corruption of a non-TES character) was designed to be my "true" or "canonical" Dragonborn on the timeline I base all my characters in, and a lot of his traits were thought up ahead of time.

But I digress. Those are still basically my first impressions and for the most part are my current opinions. Spellmaking was one of my favorite features of Oblivion, and its loss along with a lot of other spell effects really hurt my enjoyment of the game. Combine it with the implication that some effects were removed to make shouts more unique, and how boring magic was in the vanilla game, and you got one of my most hated aspects of Skyrim. :V

Like with the insane amount of Draugr, sometimes story isn't enough to justify how awful certain gameplay elements are. (People like to make the excuse that because Nords are suddenly anti-magic and the Mages Guild split into two petty organizations that ended up losing a lot of magical knowledge along the way, magic will be awful in the game. Never mind that the College of Winterhold is an independent organization. This smacks of the terrible decisions made for Cyrodiil that turned it into High Rock Lite. They made Skyrim low fantasy for this Conan bullshit and killed a lot of the interesting bits of the Province and its people, but not as bad as what they did to Cyrodiil admittedly)

lol wow do I have a lot of opinions tonight. Did I mention I was playing SKyrim again with a fresh character?

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Sep 1 2017, 02:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:05 AM