Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some more information, Horses, Travel, Shouts and Guilds!
Ahrenil
post Jun 4 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Agent

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/03/skyrim-h...rses-confirmed/

Some interesting stuff in there I thought, seems like the Dragon Shouts are more of an expanded spell book to me at the moment, rather than unique abilities, though we'll see how they turn out. The voice acting being improved is definately a blessing.

Seems like we have all the normal guilds surviving as well, though they're taking them in a new direction which could be interesting. The Companions sounds more like a mercenary group than a fighters guild to me so it could lead to some interesting quests. (Here's hoping taking part in massive battles)

Finally i'm glad they have a new fast travel system between cities like Morrowind, i'll still not fast travel into the wilderness but I don't have to trek for hours to get between every place for a package quest. (I absolutely refused to use Oblivions fast travel whenever).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jun 4 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Newly confirmed dragon shouts include “Yol Toor”- Fire breath, “Iiz Slen” – Ice crystals, “Strun Bah Qo” – Lightning Storm and couple more that can slow down time and let you move speedily in one direction.

:epic facepalm:

Bethesda, try harder. I don't want Shouts to be spells on stroids, I want them to be SPECIAL. Like they actually mean something to obtain. nono.gif

Thank you for addressing the Psychic Guards, issue, though. smile.gif

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 5 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

I wonder if the Mages Guild/Fighters Guild/and main quest line all being connected and interacting will cripple your ability to join more than one guild, or shovel you into the main questline before you are wanting to tackle it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 5 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 5 2011, 11:39 AM) *

I wonder if the Mages Guild/Fighters Guild/and main quest line all being connected and interacting will cripple your ability to join more than one guild, or shovel you into the main questline before you are wanting to tackle it?

That's what came to my mind. That would be a very poor move if it is like that. They know their fan base just wants an open world to do what they want in. Forcing you to do anything would just be a bad move.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 9 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I saw a beautiful screenie of a Skyrim horse! I'm very happy that they are in the game. Todd Howard confirmed that there will be no mounted combat, I'm not bothered but I know a lot of people wanted it.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jun 9 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Have you guys paid a visit to the Skyrim forums on BGS lately?

Apparently IGN just made a complete *shablamz!* out of themselves with their Skyrim interview, and now the whole forum is in uproar.

Grab some popcorn and go enjoy the show before the mods inevitably ban the topic. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 9 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jun 8 2011, 07:49 PM) *

Have you guys paid a visit to the Skyrim forums on BGS lately?

Apparently IGN just made a complete *shablamz!* out of themselves with their Skyrim interview, and now the whole forum is in uproar.

Grab some popcorn and go enjoy the show before the mods inevitably ban the topic. wink.gif

When is it NOT in uproar?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jun 9 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

I mean in a more uproarious state than normal. tongue.gif

Some people are pretty mad, though. My response to them is maybe they should take this a bit less seriously. After all, it is just a game.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:23 AM