Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 113 114 115 116 117 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 25 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #2281

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 25 2017, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 22 2017, 12:47 PM) *

Well, Khajiit is mostly just embarrassed he just now caught on to this! tongue.gif

Hee hee sorry! Yes, all my characters have silly names which are also word-games, from the very first Renee Gade to my most-recent guy who showed up in Morrowind: Yor Azzizmyyn. hehe.gif I cannot even progress past character creation if I don't have a name which also makes me chuckle.

Thanks for comments, y'all.

It was "Ben Dover" that clued this one in, lol. Khajiit was thinking about his name and then saw "Jonny Telia", then it clicked. Khajiit is so slow sometimes, laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 25 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #2282

Master
Group Icon

"Miss Teen Rad Roach Beauty Competition"

laugh.gif biggrin.gif !

Janet sure spits a lot around her brother!

Janet's "apartment" is very...pink! goodjob.gif Are you using some light mods for such effects?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 4 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #2283

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: yes about the light thing. Turns out I didn't need a mod to light this "home," all I needed to do was have a look into custom color. laugh.gif

Acadian & SubRosa: Yes, she did go sober, though this didn't last long. biggrin.gif

September 27, 2277

Janet Telia showed up in Bannister's barracks at around 0900 hours, to report for her next assignment. Though she wasn't exactly sober anymore, pretty soon she realized just why Talon Company had forced her to become so a week earlier. Her brother had told her her next mission would be 'a real whopper,' and he hadn't been joking.

"Okay, we think you really gonna like this one. Commander Jabsco himself been spearheading all the details on it."

"Pfft. Whatever. What you want me to do this time, go fetch some squirrel bits from Super Duper Mart?"

"Knock it off," her brother spat. "Like I was sayin' we got a good one for you, even better than the last one. You are to go undercover."

"Huh? Undercover?"

"Yep, that's right. You gonna be a spy."

"You want me to be a spy?"

"We sending you into raider territory, sis. We even got a genuine set of raider gear for you to wear. As long as you got it on, you good to blend right in with them." *

"[censored] way cool!"

"Now the thing is, you a pretty girl. And you can use your charms possibly to get by this one guy they got down there," her brother said. "Talon Company got eyes and ears all over the downtown area, we was able to get one of our outpost guys to do some scouting on this one camp. Turns out, we know now for a fact the raiders got a safe full of goods."

"Ow, blast it!" Janet said, slamming her travel bag on the table.

"Rumor is, that safe has over a thousand pre-war bills, along with zillions of caps. Our guy down there been spying on them for awhile now. It's all confirmed," he said, bending below a table and handing her her first laser rifle.

"This is for me? F*ckin-A! So when do I start?"

Jonny smiled in a that's my sis kind of way. "The main guy's name is Cocky. He the one with all the cash. Showed up down there a few months back; and they been fawning all over him, of course. But he keeps it all in some safe, and our guy says he thinks this safe can only be opened by computer. Problem is, he don't know [censored] about computers. And none of our regiment down there has volunteered to go in."

"And that's where I come it," Janet finished. "When do I start?" she asked for the second time.

IPB Image

"Hey, what'd I tell ya about lookin' at me like that? Are you in the mood for a busted mouth or something?"

As a blonde twenty-something in disheveled armor approached their camp, most of the raiders who inhabited it stared with frank amusement. Not only was this dame one of them apparently, but she had something on her arm, and it was making a lot of noise.

"Yo. Is that broad wearin' a Pip Boy?" asked the raider they all knew as 'Crucial.'

"I dunno," answered Cocky.

"Well ... Who the hell is she?" he said, taking Cocky by the shoulder.

"Dunno," Cocky answered again. "Suppose I be the one to find out though, huh? ... Step aside. And watch the master get to work."

Cocky had become the unofficial leader of 'Raider Camp 20', located just west of Arlington Library, after showing up there several months before. He had managed to steal over a thousand pre-war bills from some undisclosed location, along with what looked like a zillion caps, and a bunch of assorted supplies.. All he needed was somewehre safe to put all of this. The Raiders of Camp 20 had no problem if Cocky just wanted to leave it all with them of course, as long as they all got to share.

Cocky had found a safe in one of the nearby, abandoned buildings, and had several of his new friends haul it down flights of stairs, across the Metro plaza, and into their plywood-constructed, barbed-wire reinforced stronghold. Once the safe was in place, Cocky also brought over an old computer. Got the thing running. And managed to link it somehow to their new safe. He then stashed all his loot inside the safe, locked it up with an actual key, and then hid this key somewhere nearby. None of the others had managed to find this key ( and yes, they had checked ) nor did they know much about computers. Which meant that everything placed within that safe was still in there, according to the Talon Company guy who'd been scouting the place.

In order to keep his new friends in line, Cocky told them he knew of a place where more money could be found, lots more. With this secret divulged (but not its location), none of the raiders of Camp 20 would ever dare to kill or harm Cocky. If they did so, they would also never find this supposed vast ocean of caps and bills...

But now, their concern heightened. "I'll go check her out," Cocky told the others.

"Me too, me too!" one of the men got up, before they all did.

"Well hello doll!" the blond-haired lady greeted with (what sounded like) a southern accent. "Mighty fine place ya got here!"

"Who the hell are you?" Cocky asked, as the others gathered around.

"Oh, well me?" she said with a ravishing smile. "Why, my name's Jane. Mary Jane, but you can call me M.J."

"Well hello Jane or Mary Jane or M.J. or whoever the [censored]. I'm the one they call 'The [censored]', though you can call me Cocky."

Janet did not respond at first, other than to blush and to giggle a little, as though embarrassed. "Well hello there, Cocky!"

"Say you're cute. You're definitely the cutesst raider bitch I've ever seen."

"You don't say?" she said, batting her eyes, shaking her hips. "Well gee well thanks!"

"You want to have a night with Cocky? I'm the one who runs this joint. You'd be be best to have yourself a ball with me tonight."

"Oh my!" Janet put her hand to her mouth, noticing his bulge. "Well for now, why don't you just keep that Chryslus parked in its garage, big boy? I'm going to be here as long as you want me, we can get to know each other reeeal well."

She was doing this pouty thing with her mouth, whetting Cocky's appetite even further. All the guys were now crowding around, matter of fact. Despite being a raider though, Cocky had been raised in cultured surroundings, before falling into the life of an outlaw. Because of this, he was still somewhat of a gentleman. And a gentleman always treats a lady with respect.

"Well hey hey hey, I like that! Playing hard to get, eh?"

The blonde blushed this time, and did this little thing with her dimples. "Say, any of you guys wanna fetch M.J. a beer?" she cheekly-winked.

This caused several of them to jump at once, literally rushing the fridge for a bottle. They bumped into each other, pushing and shoving. Within seconds, the blonde had several drinks to choose from.

"Say, now that's what I like. A long.... hard ... bottle to cool me down. Mmm. Goes down so smooth. And easy. I do appreciate."

"Uh yeah, sure. You gonna be stayin' around here for some time?" Cocky asked. "That's good. You're cute!"

"Say, what the [censored]'s that on your arm?" asked a raider female with spiked green hair, antagonism in her voice. She was obviously not impressed.

"It's a Pip Boy, moron," answered one of others.

"That's a good question actually," Cocky intervened. "How in satan's name did you get a Pip Boy 3000? What are you, some vault-dweller or something?"

But Mary-Jane the blonde was unruffled. She knew they'd question her device. Without hesitation, she explained that she'd found it on some guy she had killed, far away in the Carolinas. Having some knowledge with electronics and such, she'd managed to pry it off the man's arm.... after one-shotting him with her laser pistol in the head, that is.

"And what's all that noise? Is that music?"

"It's called heavy metal!" she chirped happily. "This band's called Metallica. I like this song! Want me to crank it up?"

They did want her to crank it up. And so, the party started. Guards were let down. Beer and liquor were consumed. Chems were injected and ingested. The men kept fawning over her, wondering who'd get to have her first, while Cocky (of course) trumped them all. Only the females of Camp 20 remained skeptical. Not only was Mary-Jane's hair "too perfect," not only did she possess a Pip Boy, but her accent sounded phony to them, and she'd shown up carrying energy weapons: a rifle and a pistol. And what sort of raider could maintain the cost of keeping such weapons going in the harsh Capitol Wasteland?

The men shook these complaints off quickly though. Women... always getting jealous.

---------------

Janet waited until hours later, when all of them were passed out. That's when she got to work.

First thing was to walk back the way she had come, back toward the Metro depot. About halfway there, she then placed several frag mines discreetly on the ground, making sure none of them was too close to the others.

She then returned to the camp, where one of the men had awoken. "Hey there. Want to have some fun?" he said, raising his brows. "Cocky's passed out. He won't know a thing."

"Well hell yeah we can have some -- Oooh look, is this a computer?!?"

"Uh yeah," he answered. "Don't [censored]ing work though."

"Can I play on it? We can have some fun after I'm done!"

"Hey, why not? Like I said though, damn thing's broken," he said, walking away. "Dumb blonde" he muttered under his breath.

While Janet pretended to play, she began typing like mad, interspersing her click click clicking with moments of pause, during which she focused on a series of words which had popped up. Within minutes, figured it all out. She had gotten past its firewall.

"Dammit. Oh ... uh.... boy this is sooo confusing!" she called to the guy-raider, who merely shrugged.

The computer she was on was not the one which held any sort of safe-unlock info, but it did have the ability to turn off Camp 20's turret-gun. She made sure to do so, before she logged off. Later on, she did find a second computer, and (again) within minutes she was in. The Talon scout had been right about unlocking Cocky's safe too. The computer opened the safe.

Janet crouched down before the safe, opened its door, and removed all its contents. And that's when all hell broke loose, in Raider Camp 20.

-----------

Janet gets her next assignment

Floozy becomes a spy!

She gets another follower (this was her fourth one, lol. As usual, he didn't last long).

But finds the raider camp on her own

At first, the locals are skeptical

But the men quickly get charmed by the Floozy

Because they only see this

While the women remain hostile, and wary

Janet fits right in

Later, she hacks away...

Eyes on the prize

But caught red-handed

Cocky puts two and two together

Which equals five ... as in five angry raiders

Hurry! Hurry!

Time to run!

No time to hide!

Good thing these were laid down

Yeah, keep runnin', 'cause you're scared, huh?

Bkkkkshhh!

Blood 'n' guts

Cocky remains vigilant

While his "Chryslus" feels the heat

Downtown inferno

And Floozy saves the day.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 4 2017, 10:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 4 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #2284

Ancient
Group Icon

Janet goes undercover doing what she does best. And she kept the Chryslus in the garage.

Love those names. The [censored]!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 5 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #2285

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool! Khajiit loves Raiders! This one is thinking Janet could do well for herself heading up a Raider clan! You know, if she ever wanted to tell her brother to get stuffed!

Some comments:

Did you make this mod that lets you get missions or is it something you found?

Cocky doing "blackface". Not cool Cocky. Not cool. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 5 2017, 02:41 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 5 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #2286

Master
Group Icon

"Well for now, why don't you just keep that Chryslus parked in its garage, big boy?"

biggrin.gif

Awesome story, awesome pics, especially the downtown inferno.

Many raiders lost their heads over Janet, in the end quite literally.

Looks like Janet's PipBoy bleeds too, it's totally red in the Hurry! Hurry! pic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 10 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #2287

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks you three. smile.gif That was quite a lot of fun, going undercover like that! Everything that happened in those pics was real too, in the sense that Janet's armor allowed her to be in the Raider Faction. When she hacked into that computer it allowed her to open the safe. When she opened the safe and removed its contents, this made Cocky come after her. When he came after her and confronted her, she was now dropped from the Raider Faction. panic.gif

Getting those mine-exploding pics was really hard for me too. Getting actions shots in general is really a lot of work! Anyway, this week's story won't be as ambitious, but the next one will be, because it'll probably be her last for the season.

-----------------

Date: unrecorded

Janet Telia arrived back to Fort Bannister without much problem. Though there were a few raiders who attacked her here and there, eventually they all stopped. It was as though the further she got away from Camp 20, the less they seemed aware of who she was.

The men whooped and hollered as she came down the ladder into Bannister, while her usual grin stayed frozen upon her face. Down in the barracks, her brother was in a good mood. Gave her 750 caps this time, and did not say anything about the smell of alcohol on her breath.

But he did drop another bombshell on her. "Sounds like you did well, sis. Our guy down there was watching the whole thing up on some building over the camp. You actually blew up the entire place, by shooting some car or something?!? Nicely done," he winked. "And....check this. You ready for your next one? Next assignment?"

"Does a bloatfly say bzzt?"

"Alright, that's what I like to hear!" her brother said, lighting a cig, and giving her his pack. "We gonna need you to go undercover again. Job pays more than before, 'cause you gonna be doin' more."

Janet lit her own. "Whatever. Just tell me what's next."

"You gonna be dealing with raiders again. Jabsco wants to focus on those low-lifes first, for some reason. Again, you gonna wear your raider gear, but this time, you gonna change your appearance."

"Change my appearance? ... So? I always do on missions, you know that."

"No. You not understandin' me yet. You gotta change, and I mean really change. The blonde hair thing just won't cut it anymore. Too risky."

"WHAT? .... oh hells no. You want ME to cut my hair?"

"No, I want Bea Faroni to cut your hair. She got a barber's license, ya know."

"No," she banged the table. "Hell no!"

"Janet, you gotta, and you gonna. If you want this mission and those 750 caps, you gotta and you gonna. We got some intel, ya know, we listen in all the time on radio transmissions and stuff, including the raiders. One of them lived, Janet. One of them from the camp you just blew up. He lived. Got on some ham radio, been broadcasting a BOLO for a Caucasian female wearing raider gear, but with a Pip Boy and a mop of blonde hair. So they all know now, or at least, the raiders in the D.C. area do."

Janet made one of her pouty faces. "But ... but..."

"I want you to see Bea Faroni down in supplies. She got a license, like I said. She'll fix you up. Don't speak to me again until it's done."

Her pouty face didn't work, apparently. After a couple more cigarettes and some bantering back and forth, Janet reconsidered. (1) she'd get to go undercover again. (2) raiders were disgusting in her opinion, but she also found them amusing to hang around with. And most of all (3) she'd get to use chems while 'on the job.' To fit in with the raider establishment meant to do what they do. And 'what they do' often involved going off their heads, and being wasted.

"Fiiiiiiiine," she grumbled. "I'll go see that weirdo."

And she did. After an hour of study, Janet walked away from Bea with a look so shocking, all the men were completely surprised. But her brother was pleased. Bea had done good. They'd never be able to tell, those low-lifes.

Her next assignment involved going to two separate locations, both raider territories, of course. Again, Talon Company seemed to have spies located all over the place, but nobody wanted to really dig in and do the hard work. But the idea was that some of the money Cocky had 'shown up' with in Camp 20 had actually been stolen from a couple other raider locations. These locations had moved though, and Janet would need to find out where.

"Cocky stole from his friends? Well high glory, he got what came to him!"

Over the next few days, Janet roamed all over, once she found the two places she'd be going to. Alexandra Arms netted 450 Pre-War Bills, while Evergreen Mills held even more. Janet blended in, just as they'd thought she would. Broke into their safes, got the goods, and in the end it was Raiders: 0, Janet: uh... lost count.

----------------------------------------

You want me to do WHAT?

Janet consults Pip Girl for comfort

Before visiting Bea Faroni, that cranky little *B*

Hair today...

...gone tomorrow. ohmy.gif

"No no really boys, it's just temporary!"

Back to being a raider again

Blending in...

....using those chems ... whoa, you sure that's just Jet?!?

Janet hacks a computer in Springvale Elementary which tells her the two locations the raiders have lots of stash.

Alexandria Arms

And Evergreen Mills

She steals lots more Pre-War Bills from both. And here is an example of what happens raiders catch her.

They don't like her much anymore!

Head shot

Kentucky Fried Raider

He's down for the count

While somebody else gets to go home.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 11 2017, 01:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 10 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #2288

Ancient
Group Icon

Janet cut her blond locks! ohmy.gif

I love the Paper Doll pipgirl mod you have. I used the same one for years. I never saw her look stoned before though! laugh.gif

Turn that stupid music off! And get off my lawn!

Mohawk!

That might have been ultrajet!

Kentucky Fried Raider is awesome! Finger sizzling good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 11 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #2289

Master
Group Icon

I love the pic when she's surrounded by Talon mercs and she's calming them down that it's just temporary! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Turn that stupid music off! rollinglaugh.gif

But looks like it all paid off in the end.

I see that floor tiles in her room are still misaligned. bigsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 23 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #2290

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow, I'm gonna have to look through this thread more closely later on. Renee has been quite busy it seems smile.gif

As for me I have just started to make preparations for my annual journey to Point Lookout. Offloaded stuff at T. Tower and had a very nice, slow (for once) walk back through the night to Megaton where I chose this year's weapons. I'm gonna take Blackhawk, the DB shotgun, the Vulcan minigun as per ushe and for those occasions where I just feel the need to blow things up; the Fatman! I haven't used the Fatman much and I've never had it over to Lookout. It's gonna be so much fun playing with it there! biggrin.gif

I will stay at Rivet City for awhile first though and make my way to PL from there in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 24 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #2291

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, poor Janet had to cut her lovely hair for that mission. hehe.gif But it's okay. Hair always grows back.

Good to have you back, mirocu. Been missing you in these forums.

This shall be Janet's last story for the season, folks. Enjoy. I might return briefly to Cho Zenwahn, who will be doing Broken Steel. Maybe I'll transfer his game from Xbox to PC, even. Yeah, I think I'll do that.
------------------------

If you can't do the time...

Monday, November 7, 2277

Playtime: 65:14:37

IPB Image

The space was warm. Too warm. Her skin felt like it was crawling with bugs. Janet Telia scratched these invisible bugs, sure she'd eventually see one, and be able to kill it. She could remove the brahmin-skin clothing they'd given her when they locked her up, and walk around naked. Maybe that would solve all her current woes. It's not like her jailor would mind. Her jailor wouldn't notice any difference, since 'he' was not programmed to notice.

"Okay, like, this place is totally gross. Look at that bedroll! And I need a cigarette. You can't give me a cigarette can you?"

Her jailor could. Matter of fact, he'd been programmed to dispense packs of cigarettes to convicts. Only problem was: if a convict chose cigarettes, this meant he or she wasn't going to get any dinner. Janet didn't care. She'd gone hungry before. She'd wait it out until morning. Not like she was burning many calories in here.

But she wasn't used to being locked up. And her skin was crawling. And she knew why her skin was crawling. You can't go from being a user of chems, to using no chems at all, and not expect some sort of side effects. Maybe a smoke would help alleviate some of her detox symptoms. Damn bugs!

"Hey you stupid bot! Tell that mayor or sherriff or whatever he is to GET IN here. I demand a trial, at least. It's not fair. You hear? It wasn't my fault!"

Jail Bot the jailor lurched over to Janet's cell. "Mooove ... along ... please," he said.

------------------

Several days earlier
Janet awoke in her plush underground home at some indescriminate hour. It was always impossible to tell whether it was daytime or night when you were living underground. But that's what Pip Boys are for! She was able to see that it was indeed morning. Got out of bed, and looked around her home. Lit a cigarette. Her place was looking better and better all the time. The Talon Company boys seemed to delight in finding all sorts of furniture, fixtures, and even plants and a pool table!

As she skulked around her flat, she noticed a noise going *ding!* .... *ding!* ... *ding!* ... At first she thought it was some background noise coming from the music she had on. But then she noticed something blinking, from the other side of her underground flat. It was coming from her computer. Her computer had a light on it which was blinking, and it was making a dinging noise every time it blinked.

"What the--?" Janet rushed over, unsure if it not just some side-effect from one of the latest chems she had taken. No, it did not seem to be. She sat down before her monitor. Logged on...

Welcome, Janet
> * You have a new message! *

...it said. She chuckled at this.

"Huh? I got a message?"

Had she typed this message in herself during one of her drug-induced fugues? She clicked on the message, and learned that she hadn't. In fact, her brother had. He had somehow typed it up and sent it to her. And this message had something to do with her next mission.

Janet got dressed. Wandered through Bannister's corridors and rooms until she found her brother in the mess hall. Her brother informed her that her next assignment would have nothing to do with raiders, but Jonny didn't really know what it would be about.

"I actually don't know," he told her. "Commander Cross has requested your presence down in the Alexandria Arms outpost. You know where that is, right?"

"WHAT? Yeah, as if! You want me to go all the way down there again?"

"Hey, what's with the attitude? You get a lot of caps, you got a nice place to live. I ain't got nothing to do with this one, it's Commander Cross who's got some sort of job for you to do. So git off your high horse and GIT!"

As usual, it took Janet Telia a couple days to make it back to the Alexandria Arms outpost. Normally she could be there within one day, but she had wrecked her motorcycle some weeks earlier. Drove it into a pond, while trying to escape a horde of enemies at night. Though she'd managed to get back on the bike (and whatever enemies who'd been chasing seemed to have lost her) there was no way she could drag it out of the pond.

So Janet had to walk.

By now, all the raiders knew who she was too; their radio transmissions had saturated to the point that ANY white female wearing a Pip Boy should be suspect. There was no point in trying to dress like them, anymore. But this was okay. Any raiders who dared to cross her (and they all did) soon realized they'd made some serious mistakes.

October 25, 2277

"Attention. Welcome soldier," Commander Cross greeted, after Janet showed to the Alexandria Arms Outpost.

"Yeah, soldier. Hey look at me everyone, I'm this badass soldier, ah ha. Anyway. Why bring me all the way out here? You got your own men! They can't... what? Handle their own out here?"

"Hey, watch your mouth, subordinate!" Cross spat. "You are being given a direct order, to place an offensive upon the super mutants of the Museum of Technology. And to hereby accept this mission, within Cordinance of Servitude 20-3.b. Are you in compliance, soldier?"

"HUH? What the [censored] did you just say?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Cross's face hardened. "You're not really a soldier. You've just been lucky so far, if what I'm hearing is true. Untrained. Uncouth. Unacceptable! But because you've been getting [censored] done and none of the others can't do dick without getting pansied up, now I gotta deal with ya."

Commander Cross hadn't been disappointed either. The gist of Janet's latest mission was to go into super mutant territory, straight into the Mall itself, and find the Museum of Technology. She was then to track another 'defector,' a man by the name of Doctor Mutie. Doctor Mutie had once been part of Talon Company, but had since left their outpost, stealing some valuable information. Doctor Mutie had a rare gift though; he could charm super mutants. He had somehow become accepted by them over time, and could hide deep within their territory. But what he didn't know was that one of the documents he'd stolen had yet another tracker device sewn into its spine.

Took several days, and several revists back to the Talon Company outpost, so Janet and her new companion could restock on ammo and such. The downtown D.C. area was tough! Denser with enemies than the wasteland. But she'd gotten the job done, as usual. Days later, she returned to Commander Cross at the outpost, unable to hide a giant grin, as she hopped, skipped, and danced toward his desk, miming the antics of a crazed soldier.

Their eyes met as Janet approached.

"Huh. I don't believe it. You got it done," he said in exasperation.

Janet yawned. Stopped doing her little antics. "Some subordinate, huh?" she asked him. "I'm some sort of subordinate, yet I get the job done."

"That's why we sent you in, to clear the way for other Talon Company mercs! We got a platoon of men heading into mutant territory now, thanks to you. We're gonna take over the entire mall!"

"Whatever."

But there was a problem. The Alexandria Arms outpost kept plenty of ammo, plenty of weapons, but wasn't very well stocked with caps. Which means, Janet would have to get paid elsewhere, according to Commander Cross.

Turns out, she would have to go all the way to Megaton, where some sort of agent would meet her in Moriarty's Saloon, and there she would get paid. Again, it took Janet several days to get there without her bike. And once she was there...

--------------------------------

Friday, November 4, 2277
As the floozy approached town, a dark figure left its gates. Janet got a glimpse of this dark figure. A ghoul. Dark-looking suit. Almost a uniform. Like a police uniform, from pictures she had seen of D.C. society before the bomb. "Now why would a policeman who's a ghoul be roaming around here?" she mused.

Janet walked happily into town. Expecting to have a wild night of partying and payment. But then everything quickly fell apart.

"You. Hey you there," said a tall, dark figure, who'd seemingly come out of the gloom.

"Yeah, whatdoya want?" Janet snapped. She was tired, and had just gotten to Megaton minutes before. It was night, and she was looking forward to heading up to the saloon, and getting her drink on. "What is it?"

"You know you are wanted?"

"Wanted? By you? Hey, I don't do that sort of stuff anymore. I got a real job now. You want some action...you can head on up to Moriarty's Saloon. That's where I'm going. They got a couple whores in there, sparky."

"No, I'm not wanting you for ... that," said the dark figure. "You're wanted by the law. For assault, on Silver, the lady who lives across from Springvale Elementary."

"Huh?"

"You're Janet, right? You're the one who's been stayin' in and out of town as of late? Yeah, I can see you are. Your hair's different, but I can see I got the right perp."

"PERP?"

"Silver says you broke into her house with some male, began shooting up the place, and left her for dead. In my town we call that assault. And you're coming with me now."

"Assault? This is bull[censored]! Who the hell are you? I didn't assault anyone!"

"No, that's not how this is going to go. Not at all," said the figure. "Now I'm the sheriff in town. And you do what I say. Until this matter gets resolved, you're under arrest for assault."

Janet fumbled with her words. Thought back, several weeks before. Had she?.... Yes, she had. She had. She and her original partner, Ben D. Banano had. They had been after that other Talon Company defector: the guy who stole some sort of weapons manual. It all came back to her now, and as this realization dawned upon her, she thought that maybe Lucas could read her thoughts. Janet and Ben had caught the guy who'd stolen that manual, and were trying to execute him. Silver's house had been unlocked. The man had run into the place. And they'd had no choice but to follow him in there, since he wasn't coming out. In the ensuing melee, Silver had been caught unaware, and had indeed gotten in the middle of things.

Janet thought quickly. Screw the caps! I'm outta here! .... but by then it was too late. Lucas Simms, sherriff of Megaton, had manged to round Janet Telia up. Several of Megaton's residents had apparently been deputized, had held Janet's arms while they'd taken her weapons. Taken her things. And thrown her in Megaton's jail, with only a brahmin-skin outfit and a raging set of chem-habits left to deal with.

Sunday, November 6, 2277

"You look hungry, pard'ner," Jail Bot said as he approached Janet's cell. "Would you .... like some ... food?" Jail Bot was programmed to dispense food or meds, but he could also dispense cigarettes once a day.

And this final choice is what Janet chose. "Shut up you stupid Jail Bot. I'm dyin' for a smoke. That is all. When am I getting out of here?"

Jail Bot was not programmed to discuss sentencing, though. "You should know that ... smoking ... is bad for you?"

"Whatever. I know my rights. I get a free pack every day, dumbass."

"Request for ... cigarettes ... has been authorized."

"Thank you. And sorry I called you dumbass, you walking piece of junk."

"Mooove along, please," Jail Bot the jailor informed Janet Telia, unaware that she hadn't much area to move along to.

Janet held it all in, kept her rage in check. Eventually, the bugs she'd imagined on her skin stopped their incessant crawling, as her withdrawal symptoms abated. And her rad count went way down. One thing for sure, the Megaton Jail might not have been much fun, but the town's sheriff had implemented an excellent detox and RadAway program.

Days later, after her hair had grown out enough that she could take it out of Bea Faroni's stupid mohawk, Lucas Simms finally returned to her cell and told her that all charges from Silver had been dropped. Janet was free to go. She pushed her way out of her 10-day jail sentence. Got all her things from a nearby evidence locker. And walked briskly home.

When she finally made it back to Bannister on November the 11th, and saw her brother, she collapsed in his arms, sobbing loudly. Really needing just one good hug from someone who cared. All the soldiers who'd witnessed this strange behavior from Janet began scratching their heads, or scratching their butts.

-----------------------

You got Mail!

Bannister's ages-old email system actually still works!

Janet can't play raider anymore.

She gets another job though

To track down Doctor Mutie, yet another wanted defector of Talon Company.

Janet goes to Megaton to get paid. Unfortunately, she is wanted by the law.

Janet in Jail sad.gif

Not for long, though. smile.gif

Raging at the Jail Bot`

Back to Freedom

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 24 2017, 07:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 24 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #2292

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor Janet! Climbing the walls in jail! The horror!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 24 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2293

Ancient
Group Icon

"can't do dick without getting pansied up." I just love this phrase! laugh.gif

Doctor Mutie sounds cool! Sort of like Goblin Jim.

It's Officer Barlow!

The Lucas Simms Free Detox and Rad-Away Clinic!

I can still hear the AOL guy's voice in my head "You've Got Mail!"

Did you have to create the Megaton jail and the Jail Bot?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 24 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #2294

Ancient
Group Icon

Did Khajiit detect a Peter Paul Barlow reference?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 25 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #2295

Master
Group Icon

I chuckled at the RoboJailor talking to Janet. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I like your actions shots of Janet against Doctor Mutie.

Her hair is growing back already.

What a cell! She even has her own chains to practice climbing. laugh.gif

Maybe it's better that it was Lucas who got Janet instead of Barlow. The ghoul officer might not bother dragging her to jail... bigsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 25 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #2296

Councilor
Group Icon

TheCheshireKhajiit: Ha ha, I do believe that was P.P. Barlow walking past. Maybe someday if one of mine goes to Boston, he'll meet Victoria as well.

SubRosa: Yes I made that jail cell and the Jail Bot. And i had to use a bunch of AI so that Jail Bot would dispense ciggies, food, or meds at certain times of the day. The hardest part was getting him to walk around. I gave him a Patrol AI, but all he would do was stand there! I got really frustrated by this for awhile, kept going through all the steps I'd learned from tutorials. After many hours I read some obscure post in Beth's old forums, and then I learned what the problem was: navmesh! ... There was no navmesh in the cell, and NPCs need to have this placed on floors so that they'll walk around.

So if anyone makes a cell (not just uses one already in existence) from scratch, and your NPCs just stand there, just remember to learn about & add navmesh, folks.

Lopov: Yes, I think your policeghoul wouldn't be as fair-minded as Lucas. Look closely at the table in Janet's cell, by the way. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 25 2017, 01:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 25 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #2297

Master
Group Icon

Ha ha, I get it now! laugh.gif biggrin.gif rollinglaugh.gif At first I thought it's the chains I'm supposed to notice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 25 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #2298

Paladin
Group Icon

Woot! An Officer Barlow sighting in DC!

Poor Janet. Stuck in jail with only a cigarette machine to talk to. sad.gif

tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 6 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #2299

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Currently roaming Rivet City. Will re-explore a bit before embarking on my annual journey to Point Lookout a.k.a Renee Country smile.gif

(Love your October Buffy pic, Acadian! happy.gif)

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 15 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #2300

Ancient
Group Icon

Oda Hidetaka finally made it to Vegas yesterday. She went straight to The Tops, and told Victor to bug off before she killed him when he tried to get her to see Mr. House first. She does not give a rat snake's ass for House. She was there to kill Benny, his henchmen, his family, his friends, everyone connected to him.

She walked into The Tops, and immediately went on a killing spree. She started with the doormen, and then went through the entire casino killing everyone who worked there. She only spared the civilians there to gamble. Benny turned up about half way through, and she turned him into sushi. I think this is the first time a character of mine has ever gone through every part of the casino. I had no idea there was a cell with a pool!

She is also my first character to ever be so bloodthirsty. Not even Loviatar killed every Chairman. She and the others simply went in and killed Benny. Hecate did it with a sniper shot from across the casino. Persephone and Loviatar did it ambushing him alone in his suite. Hidetaka did it in a tidal wave of slaughter. Samurai know how to take vengeance.

She got some some serious Infamy in The Strip for it. I forget exactly what the level was. I am not sure how that will play out in the future. No one attacked her on the way out though, which was good. Otherwise she might have had to kill everyone in New Vegas. Which she would have done. Vulpes Inculata from the Legion talked to her after exiting of course. She took his head off, and no one blinked. That's the kind of town New Vegas is... wink.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 15 2017, 11:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:53 PM