Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your favorite sounds in Skyrim
Lady Saga
post Mar 6 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Hello all. My name is Lady Saga, and today I'd like to talk about my favorite sounds in Skyrim.

I apologize and feel slightly embarassed for starting all these threads, by the way (what am I up to now, 3? Lol) I can't help it though. wink.gif I've been dying to start Sky threads for months now over at Bethsoft, but....ya know... mellow.gif

#1 for me is the sound of of NPC's smithing. Especially from a distance. I love hearing that little tink tink tink sound. Or clank clank clank as I approach a village. This sound happens to carry a bit, meaning there are times I don't even know there's civilization nearby. I'll hear the sound of smithing and always a smile crosses my face. smile.gif

#2? Boot-steps on wood floors. They sound heavier in Skyrim than they did in Oblivion. clomp clomp clomp. I like the sound of footsteps no matter what game I'm playing (even cheap-boat Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600) but Skyrim's footsteps on wood floors just sound so full.

#3: the sound of dirt falling as we travel thru dungeons. sssssssssshhhh. I dislike the actual dungeon-noises (the ones that repeat over and over) but I love walking under something, and then some dirt falls from the ceiling. Know what I mean?

laugh.gif

anyways, sorry. I keep starting threads. I'm probably gonna keep doing so. But what are your favorites?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 6 2012, 11:26 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Don't feel sorry for starting topics. Go ahead!

I never really thought about the sounds much. I like the sound of the bows being drawn back to full extension. You can hear the deep moaning of the bow stave as it curves back, and the twisting of the string. It has a real strong, solid sound.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 6 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I like the sound effect that plays when you discover a new location and the one when you find something Significant (for example, when you find the Dragonstone in Bleakfalls Barrow).

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 7 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Waterfalls. The rush of the nearby rivers when you approach it to catch some salmons. Fantastic sounds, those.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 7 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Glaciers groaning and cracking. ohmy.gif Gets me every time.

Also the bird calls that are cardinals sound just like the cardinals doing their mating calls in my garden right now. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Mar 7 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

I like the rain when any of my girls are moving on the outer map. I also like both the sound and visual effect when mammoths are near. That whoomp whoomp with the rattling screen give me a little smile.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 7 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

The pickaxe when you're mining always makes me smile... biggrin.gif ...

And the river/waterfall noises are always good...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 7 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Glaciers make noise? ohmy.gif Oooh! I had no idea we even had actual glaciers in the game! Also Grits, I've noticed some of the songbirds in game sound exactly like the songbirds that reside somewhere behind my house. this one particular songbird sings a song that is rather complex. I'm not sure if it's a mockingbird or what it is, but I can tell you one thing: I'm inspired to find out. Have to wait till spring, though. Right now that bird is not making its song.

Yea, I agree about mammoths, waterfalls, and bows being drawn, too. Another lovely sound is when we approach a worded wall (whatever they're called) and that viking-like song starts going

HOFF HERO HEY HOFF HERO HEY!

wHATEVER they're saying. That's so cool. First time I heard that in Bleak Flats Barrow (actually, any time I hear it) I pretty much stop what I'm doing, close my eyes and let my mind wander. It's almost hypnotic in a way.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 8 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Also when you hit something with an arrow there is a nice satisfying thunk sound to let you know you scored a hit. tongue.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

True. I also like the way arrows barely make a sound as they go by. Sometimes I'm like..."did an arrow just fly past?" Uh ohhh....

I like the sound of lockpicking!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 07:38 AM