Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 123 124 125 126 127 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Renee
post Nov 4 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #2481

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey this is fun! We're both in the Mojave this weekend!

What's her name? She's got a very cute "game face".

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 4 2018, 06:07 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 4 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #2482

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 4 2018, 11:31 AM) *

Killing Joe Cobb and his crew is always satisfying.

Game Face is a great action shot.

Great shot of Vegas in the distance.

I was expecting to see Benny's head separated from his body.

Happy Trails! Hope Mariah is locked and loaded!

That was a really interesting story for Vault 11. Very unique. I was wondering what exactly was coming, then suddenly Veronica and I are being shot by lasers and the doors hadn't even opened yet! Died probably 8 times at least before I was able to find a way to survive. I went to the side with the turrets and Robobrains first to avoid the Sentry Bots. I took the turrets out as quickly as I could, and the Robobrains were actually pretty easy. Then I would go back and forth behind the wall to shoot the Sentry Bots.

Yeah, I wish I could've finished Benny off more brutally, but I couldn't have any weapons on me. And my unarmed is really low, so I had to punch him a lot.

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 4 2018, 12:03 PM) *

Hey this is fun! We're both in the Mojave this weekend!

What's her name? She's got a very cute "game face".

Her name is Mariah. I just really like the name for some reason, so I have it for all of my Fallout characters (1, 3, NV, and 4).

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 5 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #2483

Councilor
Group Icon

Sure Raiders, Mariah is an interesting choice. It makes me think of the singer at first, and maybe Mariah Carey's fame lives on 250+ years after fact, but other than that, Mariah is actually not a common name, at least where I live.

I really wanted to post a picture with this next story (since that is what WE want) but my email keeps not receiving it. Tried two email addy's actually. mad.gif As we last saw, Linda Hand had just arrived to the Mojave and got patched up by Doc Mitchell. But the good doctor only has so much room for patients, and Linda needs to find her brother anyway.

---------------------------------------------

Date: October 20, 2281, late morning.

She had been walking around for hours, dazed and worried. Where had her brother gone? What had happened to him?

It was night when Linda Hand left the care of Doc Mitchell, maybe twelve hours before. She had rushed around, searching for anybody whom she could to speak to. Finally found some folks over at the Prospector Saloon, Goodsprings' premier drinking establishment. Its only drinking establishment, actually. She'd spoken to a couple of settlers there, and had gleaned some information. Seemed like half the people in town knew who'd attacked the Hand'caravan, but nobody knew a thing about an overly extroverted man named Les.

With nobody else to turn to, Linda decided to follow a matter-of-fact Goodsprings settler named Sunny out into the dark of night. Sunny gave Linda a rifle. Cheap, yes, but out here, any rifle which worked and did not jam was a good rifle. Sunny then taught Linda a few tips on how to handle a firearm (stuff Linda already knew) and also gave her some valuable ammunition. Can't turn ammo down out here, can ya? Finally, Sunny led Linda out into the Mojave, where the pair of ladies shot several geckos.*

All of that had taken place hours ago. By now it was almost noon, and Linda was supposed to be looking for some ingredients for Sunny: a "broc flower" and a "xander root", whatever those are. Too bad Karen Aboucha was not awake yet; she might know this sort of stuff.

The great fire in the sky was now fully in the air, birds circling the desert, occasionally diving for mantises. Linda decided Sunny's mission could wait. She then went into the surplus store, eager to get rid of the blue outfit Doc Mitchell had given her; this outfit made her feel like she was rather overdressed. Bought some leathered armor instead, which would offer more protection, and also help her blend in with the Mojave's scenery. But being leather, this also meant it was dark, and dark clothes have a tendency to gather more heat than lighter items. Still, there was no way she was going back to reclaim that goofy Vault 21 jumpsuit.

"Hey, you!"

A familiar face popped into view out of a side street. Linda almost jumped, stunned out of her reverie.

"Stand back!" Linda unholstered the pistol given to her by the doctor. "Or I might just teach you a lesson!"

"Linda, it's me," said Karen. Karen Aboucha, the stranger who'd joined the Hands on their way from Oregon to Nevada.

"Oh, sorry Karen. Getting kinda woozy out here. It's the sun. And ... everything that's happened." Linda looked down, saw she was still holding her 9 iron. Holstered it. "Sorry. Well it looks like we both survived whatever happened to us out there. Somehow. What do you remember? Anything?"

"No, not at all," Karen answered. "We was attacked, This I know, but no, no memory of how."

Linda stared down at the old asphalt below. Asphalt which had once been brand-new and sniny.

'Say, whatcha gonna do?" Karen asked. "You gonna go to Vegas? Marc is going there. You know, the guy who also was with me? He wants to go there, you know, maybe get some caps and get lucky."

"I ... I don't know. I don't know what I'm gonna do, Karen. I can't stay here though. I got to know ... I have to find my brother. And everyone's saying the men who attacked us are not too far from here. So for me, that's the first step. Finding them, so I can find Les. You coming?"

"Pfft, 'fraid not," Karen replied. "I kinda like it here, you know? Deep well water, protected by limestone aquifiers, that's why it's so pure. You cannot find such a thing; so rare. I have no family no more, and no where to go. And Marc, well he is kind of a douchebag, as you may have noticed eh? Anyhow, I think I'll stay here awhile."

Linda Hand could see in Karen's penetrating eyes that she was serious.

"Te deseo buena suerte, seniorita," Karen added before walking away. "I wish you good luck, Linda."

"Hey Karen wait! .. Um. Do you know what a broc flower looks like? Or a xander root?"

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 5 2018, 02:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 5 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #2484

Master
Group Icon

Some stay behind and some push on. While Karen seems to be happy at Goodsprings, Linda seems to be a more adventurous type. I like that comment about any rifle being good as long as it doesn't jam - very true.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 11 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #2485

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 5 2018, 08:06 AM) *

I like that comment about any rifle being good as long as it doesn't jam - very true.

Yes! I think that's much more true in the Mojave than the CW.

------------------

*POP!*

Pipboy App ON, Date: Saturday, 03.28.78, 11:46 AM

Another update from the C-team. Cho here, with all four of my Citadel team. Just taking a break here just outside the Citadel before we head on north back to Olney. Yeah, we had to come all the way back here, mostly because of ammo. My new, specialized assault rifle does the job, but man this [censored] gets thirsty for some five fifty-six. ... That guy up in Minefield? Totally cleaned him out. Went to Megaton, Moira barely had any five fifty-six in stock, imagine? Good news is we've taken care of all the deathclaws up in Olney, as far as I know. We've been laying serious siege upon the Enclave up there too. Break.

It's good we came back though, I just got a ...... oh [censored]!

unidentified sounds, Pipboy App cannot decipher! .... 10 seconds....20 seconds....

Damn! That was quick! Looks like another super mutant wanted to maybe join the ranks of the Citadel? Silly mutant, shows up here with a rifle, it's like "Ready! Fire! AIM!" was his philosophy.

unidentified male voice: Hey Cho, you honor us with your presence. And why are you talking to your arm?

Hey I'm weird. I talk to my arm sometimes.

*click!*

Pipboy App OFF, Date: Saturday, 03.28.78, 11:54 AM

The Chosen One

Mutie not so smartie

Suicide by C-team!

Pew! Pew!

Mutie Interrupted

ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 11 2018, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 11 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #2486

Master
Group Icon

Mutie very Dumbie!

If Cho didn't talk to his arm, we wouldn't have anything to read about.

Pew Pew is a name of one of the unique weapons in New Vegas, and it's also an energy weapon.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 11 2018, 08:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 11 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #2487

Ancient
Group Icon

The Cho Zen Wan!

Great action shot in Taking the Heat!

Really cool green energy wreathing the plasma pistol

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 23 2018, 05:01 AM
Post #2488

Knower
Group Icon

I have just started a new playthru on Fallout NV. It has been several years since I last touched it and I am determined to hit level 50 and finish all the DLC's- two things I have yet to achieve. smile.gif

Jackson Bird has emerged from the pits of despair and is determined to find out just who is this man in the daisy suit. Strange robots and many helpful locals have pointed him towards Novac. Jackson loves to do things his own way so decided to take the scenic route to Novac via Hidden Valley and Black Mountain. The Super Mutants took offence at his sight seeing and put their Centaurs on him. Jackson killed one and jumped away from the other two. Nasty brutes!

Jackson is currently investigating rumors of ghouls up at the old REPCONN building.

Not sure what faction he will side with. I can feel an undercurrent of evil in this character, so we shall see.

Several things I have noticed about NV. The audio and atmosphere is absolutely top notch. As are the weapons. Obsidian can certainly teach Beth a thing or two about designing weapons. Beth have had 2 or 3 chances to design a game with fun weapons and have failed every time. sad.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 23 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #2489

Master
Group Icon

I've only recently hit Level 50 for the first time ever - with Blondie.

It never gets old starting a new character in New Vegas, of all Beth games I like the beginning of NV the most and I never use a default start.

Of all "shortcuts" the route via Black Mountain is probably the safest as long as you avoid deathclaws that can lurk close to the foot of Black Mountain and avoid some high-leveled muties that spawn the further you move up the mountain. Looks like Jackson was just fine, though. Where are pics? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 23 2018, 01:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 23 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #2490

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 23 2018, 07:15 AM) *

Where are pics? tongue.gif

I think WW is on Xbox?

Welcome Jackson Bird (cool name). May all your travels be ... well .... not really "safe". But .. er....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 25 2018, 05:10 AM
Post #2491

Knower
Group Icon

Lopov knows that I am playing on 360, but he still likes to stir me about it. smile.gif

Jackson Bird was named after a cricketer here in Australia (a sport that nobody else on this site understands biggrin.gif ), he is a fast bowler that played in the test team several years ago but has been missing recently. I decided the reason was that he paid a visit to Vegas and never returned. laugh.gif

Jackson has cleared out REPCONN and has raided the place of all the valuables. He is a crafty and devious type of character with a high intelligence (7) so he decided to negotiate a settlement where all parties left the building to him. He fired the rockets off the great beyond as was glad to see the last of all of them. Unfortunately Jackson's science is lower than 55 so no modifying the flight plans. sad.gif

He has now hooked up with the ganger boys in correctional facility and is quite impressed with their set up. The big boss man, Eddie, has given him a job to hunt down a former member called Chavez.

It is so nice to have the Fallout 3 ghouls back in the game again. They screamed at me from the darkness and it sent chills down my spine. Their design is 1000 times better than the flopping ragdolls in FO4. smile.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 25 2018, 05:20 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 25 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #2492

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 25 2018, 05:10 AM) *
Lopov knows that I am playing on 360, but he still likes to stir me about it. smile.gif
Indeed. smile.gif

I wonder how devious Jackson Bird will handle the end of Eddie's quest. If you've done it before, you know what I'm talking about, otherwise it'll be interesting to see which side will Jackson choose.

I don't like deathclaws of Fallout 4 because they remind me of dinosaurs and they're not fearsome at all, but I like ghouls. Firstly, because they can scare the sh.it out of you when they jump from behind, and secondly because "you gotta shoot them in the head" to bring them down for good. I remember that Logan once shot a ghoul in its leg and it fell on the ground, Logan thought it's dead, so he holstered his weapon and began walking away, when he heard some odd noise behind. As he turned around, the legless ghoul was now crawling towards him. He quickly fired another shot but it was a neat surprise, especially because back then I didn't know that ghouls can't be killed that easily.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #2493

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, cricket is something I know nothing about. Jackson Bird sounds familiar though.

I also don't know anything about those quests you've just described, which is a GOOD thing. Means there's so much to look forward to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 25 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #2494

Ancient
Group Icon

We have crickets here in America. They make a lot of noise, but get quiet once you get near them. We don't try to make them into a sport though. Crazy Aussies... laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #2495

Councilor
Group Icon

Date: Sunday, October 21, 2281, late morning.

The lady followed the other lady. Linda Hand followed Sunny Smiles, that is. And Sunny's dog Cheyenne followed both of them. Back to Goodsprings, back to Prospector Saloon, where it was cool. Being originally from Oregon, Linda was not used to all this heat yet, and wearing a full leather armor suit was not helping much. Sunny wore similar armor, yet somehow was not breaking a sweat.

But first, she decided to stop by Goodsprings General Store to see if Chet, the store's merchant, had a shovel for sale.

"You looking to buy some supplies?" Chet squeaked.

"Do you sell any shovels? I noticed something interesting up at the graveyard and..." Linda stopped in mid-sentence, embarrassed. Though there was no law against grave-digging for at least a couple hundred years now, certainly her intention might be seen as questionable, here in this respectable town. But she had to know. She had to know if her brother was up there. And buying a shovel would be the first step.

Chet did not seem to mind as Linda suddenly fretted. "Can do," he said.

He did not have a shovel. Nor did he have anything cooler to wear, out in the hot sun. So Linda relegated herself to perhaps spending the rest of the day in Goodsprings' saloon, where hopefully nobody would object if she snoozed the day away in one of the place's booths.

She does not get a chance to nap though. As she walks through the door, she finds the saloon's bartender in the midst of an argument with some greasy-looking fellow. And pretty soon, Linda Hand decides to get involved.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 25 2018, 07:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 25 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #2496

Master
Group Icon

That's a neat quest Linda's about to undertake. Maybe some scenes will be familiar because SubRosa and me would occasionally post screenies of events that occur during this quest.

There's probably some shovel to be found in or around Goodsprings or just wait for the squealing merchant to refresh his inventory, he sells one most of the time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 26 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #2497

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, any screenies you've posted in the past have been long-forgotten by my long-ravaged brain, which is a good thing. I have no idea what's to come, really.

I am pretty stoked about it. It is rather complex. Linda was able to get some aid from the doc but Chet and Pete have both refused, which makes sense. Pete in particular is worried about Linda not being able to handle explosives, especially. Linda is siding with Ringo though she doesn't entirely trust him either. But she didn't like the way that Power Ganger guy came busting into Trudy's establishment.

Ironic, but Karen managed to buy a shovel from Chet just before I rolled Linda, in fact, that shovel became Karen's favorite weapon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 26 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #2498

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 26 2018, 01:58 PM) *
Ironic, but Karen managed to buy a shovel from Chet just before I rolled Linda, in fact, that shovel became Karen's favorite weapon.
That explains why Linda couldn't buy it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #2499

Ancient
Group Icon

You need to have an Explosives skill of at least 25 to get Easy Pete's help, and think a Barter of 25 for Chet. Plus a Speech of 25 for Trudy. If you scour Goodsprings and look in every mailbox and container, you can find some skill magazines that will temporarily boost your stats. I think there might be a Barter one in the old school (but maybe it was a Computer one), and I know at least one or two Speech ones are in the mailboxes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 27 2018, 12:01 AM
Post #2500

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 26 2018, 04:41 PM) *

You need to have an Explosives skill of at least 25 to get Easy Pete's help, and think a Barter of 25 for Chet. Plus a Speech of 25 for Trudy. If you scour Goodsprings and look in every mailbox and container, you can find some skill magazines that will temporarily boost your stats. I think there might be a Barter one in the old school (but maybe it was a Computer one), and I know at least one or two Speech ones are in the mailboxes.

Yes, thank you. smile.gif Linda's going to figure it out. She's thinking of buying a magazine to make her seem more knowledgeable about Explosives especially. She's a Libra too, she'll consider all her options. wink.gif She's got an impatient streak, but she won't just rush in.

I love this game.

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 123 124 125 126 127 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:09 AM